Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,622 members, 7,888,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:46 PM

What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? (23535 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by goingape1: 12:18am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:
Cc seun oam4j ishilove
seun na strong believer of Muhammad now ohh.

no call the guy na Again
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by goingape1: 12:20am On Jul 18, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Op,i'm glad u ar a christain and asked this question..and i'm also glad that people are starting to realise that what the westerners told us about the religion of our fore-fathers (OUR TRUE RELIGION) were lies.
No mad man can tell me that all my ancestors went to hell for practising our "OWN TRUE" religion.. what they call TRADITIONAL RELIGION is OUR OWN TRUE RELIGION.
If u believ all ur ancestors are goin to hell cos they werent christains..well,i dont.. i refuse to accept that piece of crap..
And
If u are christain and u believe all those that doesnt believe in christ (including your ancestors) are goin to hell,then..

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by CezarThaViruz(m): 1:02am On Jul 18, 2016
If only some people have the eyes to see. Im surprise some people are not scared of God. Me am terrified of hell and i know its only God that can save us, God i thank you for the gift of salvation even though i hardly pray.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by CezarThaViruz(m): 1:18am On Jul 18, 2016
oluxy:
When Jesus Christ died on the cross, he went directly to preach to those who are in prison (those who died before the coming of Christ who are in captive/prison of the devil), He went unto them first.

Read 1 Peter 3:19-22
This is the answer to your question.

Op this is the answer to your question...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+3%3A19-22&version=NIV

case closed
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by DedeNkem: 3:12am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:
NB: am a christian bt i wnt to knw wat wil happen that were born before christ came. because i leant those that that died and didnt believe christ will rot in hell. so wat will nw happen to those that were born before the birth of christ and didnt have a chance to know christ

Religion is crap.
When you die, you cease to exist, the same way you didn't exist before you were conceived.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by waldigit: 4:55am On Jul 18, 2016
holyokoto:

Then Jesus will become the greatest Liar when He said "For no one has ascended into heaven except the son of Man that came down from Heaven" John 3:13
Jesus ascended to Heaven and sat at the right hand of the Father. Like I said some souls were at temporary place of rest. Heaven Jesus was referring to is different from where the father is. Any place away from the earth may be referred to as heaven but not necessarily where the Father is. Shalom.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by anataala: 5:44am On Jul 18, 2016
My brother this is not true the are many prophets sent before Jesus Isah A.S like ISMAIL ,Joseph ,Abraham and moses and once their followers accept them as prophets and also accept and believe in their message the will certainly make it to the heaven. You too need to check your self because Jesus A.S said I was only send to the Jews by God Almighty and your not a Jew and even the Jews of today worships Judaism. The interpretation of your statement is before Jesus who so ever does not believe in one God will go to hell because all the prophets teaches believe in oneness of God. Infact there is no where in the bible where Jesus A.S claimed to be God that you should worship him.
gabazin080:
NB: am a christian bt i wnt to knw wat wil happen that were born before christ came. because i leant those that that died and didnt believe christ will rot in hell. so wat will nw happen to those that were born before the birth of christ and didnt have a chance to know christ

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by hysteriabox(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Very simple. If you undersrand the DOCTRINE OF DISPENSATIONS, this question ll be a piece of cake
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by riczy(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2016
J/wit over to u,or non in d houx?
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by agwom(m): 7:13am On Jul 18, 2016
They will appear before christ on judgement day.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by GraceInUSA: 7:21am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:

They were under the law. the 10,commandments so if they kept it, they'll be in heaven.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Iamjoshkiz(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2016
NZAGHA:
Well, many are saying their mind based on the little knowledge they have...
But here is the matter, ignorance is never an excuse to God... The same judgement that will be giving to the present world today, is what those that never knew christ winessed at their own time...
Some are saying they will be kept, here or there, but thats a delusion on its own... So anyone who dies without christ be it now or back then, will not and cannot make it to heaven...

Though you cannot understand all... But a cordial and well fed relationship with God will make us know more...

Seek God for any doubt or question... Unbelievers have no good answer for u bruh... Meet ur pastor... Or An elder in the lord... God bless those seek to know him more...

Wat about the righteous ones such as; Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joshua etc... who died before the coming of Christ?
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by ELEYINJUANU(m): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:
m

Romans 2:12 All those who have done wrong without the law will get destruction without the law: and those who have done wrong under the law will have their punishment by the law;

Those that are alive before Christ birth are given the law by which to abide, so they shall be judge by the law. They shall not be resurrected during the rapture but shall ressurected during 1000 reign of Christ called the millennium reign to taste and hear about Jesus, after then the devil shall be loose and if they never bow for the devil nor worship him they shall be save.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by analice107: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:
What kind of a christian are you? A non Bible reading/studying christian. When you don't know about your faith, it will be easy for a clever person to throw you off your feet. Pls try and read.
Here is what the bible says.

And the times of THIS ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Acts:17:30

For a clearer understanding.

Amplified Bible Acts 17:30 Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily to amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins).

Children are running wild insulting God, when they don't know anything about him.
We go to church but pay no attention to what the pastor preaches, it's too bad
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by analice107: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2016
dolphinheart:

U can lieeeeeee!
You have called him a liar, meanwhile, what you said is not true.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by omojeesu(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:

God only knows. But may be Romans 2:12-16 will help. Read in some modern Bible version e.g. Living Bible, for clarity.

Remain blessed as you keep searching for truth.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by omojeesu(m): 8:18am On Jul 18, 2016
anataala:
My brother this is not true the are many prophets sent before Jesus Isah A.S like ISMAIL ,Joseph ,Abraham and moses and once their followers accept them as prophets and also accept and believe in their message the will certainly make it to the heaven. You too need to check your self because Jesus A.S said I was only send to the Jews by God Almighty and your not a Jew and even the Jews of today worships Judaism. The interpretation of your statement is before Jesus who so ever does not believe in one God will go to hell because all the prophets teaches believe in oneness of God. Infact there is no where in the bible where Jesus A.S claimed to be God that you should worship him.

Jesus sent to Jews only. Please, explain. Thank you.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by omojeesu(m): 8:30am On Jul 18, 2016
DedeNkem:

Religion is crap.
When you die, you cease to exist, the same way you didn't exist before you were conceived.

Time and eternity will tell.

Unfortunately, it will be too late for those whose religion is atheism and others who in their lifetimes resisted and rejected a loving and just Creator.

Good luck to you.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by omojeesu(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2016
Iamjoshkiz:

Wat about the righteous ones such as; Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joshua etc... who died before the coming of Christ?

When they died they went to paradise where Lazarus went. After Jesus rose from the dead they went with Him to heaven.

Paradise is empty now. But hell still holds the rich man and all unrighteous people till now.

Any believer that dies now goes straight to heaven until the resurrection when he would be clothed with the new body like that of Christ's resurrected body.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by ozimec(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18New International Version (NIV)

Believers Who Have Died
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Also see 1st Corinthians 15vs50-55
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by MrJonny(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2016
waldigit:

Dear beloved, please pray first to Holy Spirit for opening of eyes of understanding and then read the following bible passages.
Mathew 27:51-53, Ephesians 4:8-9, 1Corinthians 15:55, Psalm 16:10, Luke 16:20-25
You see before christ many soul of the dead were temporarily preserved in heaven e.g elijah, enok,moses. Also in grave e.g elisha and hell e.g rich man in Luke 16. Depending on their righteousness, and relationship with God
However, at the death of christ, he visited all these temporary places and introduced himself to these dead souls of holy people and move them to mansions prepared for them in heaven as you can see in mathew 27. In death you automatically accept lordship of Jesus because you operate at higher intelligence realm, so no need of preaching. Mind you He left behind bad souls of men in Hell. After the resurrection of Christ righteous pple goes straight to new temporary preservation place in heaven(mansions) and wait until judgement day. Also unrighteous pple goes straight to hell in the earth of the earth. After rapture the dead in Christ will still be held in grave. Revealation 20:13
I hope I have been able to help

OMG. You need to be taught again from Genesis 1:1
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by bigass123(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2016
Reading the responses.. So far yours has been the most reasonable... Maybe there are more.. Christians need to seek knowledge and know more about God and heaven his abode, ourselves who are his children and the world we live in. Only then can we truly defeat ignorance... 11tim 2:15 enjoins us to study to show ourselves approved into God. No one can truly represent heaven on earth with an ignorant mind.
To do justice to this topic. I suggest the OP to download an e-book called the lost books of the Bible (in fact there's an Android app version of it) that book clearly answered the question of the OP.
All the Saints of God who was before Christ went to hell because they inherited the sinful nature from Adam (non can enter heaven with that nature) hence the coming of the second Adam (Jesus). Indeed no one can enter heaven without an encounter with Jesus When Jesus died he visited Hell and conquered the prince of death and hell and took away his keys and freed the Saints including Adam, Abraham and Jacob and all saints that died before Christ. (please note that Prince of death and hell isn't Satan or Lucifer as widely believed.. In fact that incident caused a brawl between Lucifer and the Prince of hell).
However there are 2 people who didn't visit hell In that dispensation.. Enoch and Elijah. They went to heaven and did not die. The third person who made heaven without visiting hell was the thief by the right hand side who was crucified along with Jesus.. He asked for mercy and it was written that he took cross with him to heavens gate and that was his "visa" to enter gates of paradise. May God increase our knowledge of Him and His word (amen)

Kizyte:
The righteous who died before Christ were in Limbo. Limbo is a place where the souls of the just (righteous) who died before Christ were detained. When Jesus was killed and buried, before His resurrection, He went to that part of Hell called Limbo to free the souls of the just for He (Jesus) is the only way to the Father.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by israellii(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=KingEbukaNaija post=47641388]For the Jews before Christ : The remission of sin was through animal sacrifices before the birth of Christ . Jesus now died for our sins - he replaced that .

For the non Jews before Christ : They will be judged according to their works . Same with people that did not get to know Christ and salvation for whatever reason

You've just said it all
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by israellii(m): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2016
sonofthewind:
Bible calls it 'time of ignorance'...God overlooked.

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by naruto02(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:
Well, in Islam, prophets/messengers were sent to every generation/people. Prophet Muhammad SAW was the last which during his lifetime brought Islam. Do the people of the past who obeyed and accepted the message of their prophets e.g Moses, Jesus Abraham (peace be upon them) will go to paradise

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by danowena: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2016
waldigit:

Jesus ascended to Heaven and sat at the right hand of the Father. Like I said some souls were at temporary place of rest. Heaven Jesus was referring to is different from where the father is. Any place away from the earth may be referred to as heaven but necessarily where the Father is. Shalom.
I think you are getting it mixed up. So where did Enoch and Elijah go? sky? Just like the quoted suggeted, did Jesus lie?
holyokoto:

Then Jesus will become the greatest Liar when He said " For no one has ascended into heaven except the son of Man that came down from Heaven" John 3:13
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by bj4jesus(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2016
Kudos to everyone that attempted the question and provided sone level of insight.

To the question,
firstly Christ had been slain before the foundations of the world (Rev13:cool. What does this tell you. Plan of salvation has been made and concluded long before man was created. So man's fall did not take God by surprise, infact he gave a prophecy in tge garden which he symbolised by killing an Animal and giving man the skin to cover himself, with tge animal symbolizing Christ and his skin his righteousness which those who believe will later have (Gen 3:15,21, 2cor5:21).
That said, the faith of those who died in the flood is written in 1pet3:18-20
" Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.

"19 So he went and preached to the spirits in prison—20 those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood. "
Meaning the gospel was preached to them. Where this happened was in sheol (an hebrew word) which is also translated hell or hades which means a temporary storage of the dead both the good and evil. To those of them that believe, irrespective of how they lived here on earth, they were saved also. And I'm so sure none wouldn't believe."

But what about those who died afterwards?

12 When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God’s written law. And the Jews, who do have God’s law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it. 13 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight. 14 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right. 16 And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.

This means everyone has a conscience which attests to the law of God. Thus, they will be judged by their conscience.
However this ones too can't 'enter' into heaven unless they believe in Christ. Note that the law only shows that everyone is a sinner who needs a Savior hence points to Jesus by which everyone will be saved Gal 3:24-25, Rom3:19-25.

Christ is thus the 'ONLY WAY' into heaven (Jn14:6, Jn 3:16).

Note that eternal damnation is ONLY for those who did not believe in Jesus as the only way to the Father (Jn5:24, 2thess1:9, Jn3:18).

That said, for those who are secretly wishing this is not true or who are trying to console yourself and putting up a bold face, omo i fear for you cos its as tru as truth. But God's love will chase after a sinner till he dies. God still loves you and doesn't want you to perish. Just a simple prayer of confessing Jesus will do.
Romans10:8-10
 "But faith’s way of getting right with God says, “Don’t say in your heart, ‘Who will go up to heaven?’ (to bring Christ down to earth). 7 And don’t say, ‘Who will go down to the place of the dead?’ (to bring Christ back to life again).” 8 In fact, it says,

“The message is very close at hand;
    it is on your lips and in your heart.”

And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: 9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by EkeneElectrons(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2016
gabazin080:

they are going to be resurrected, be thought about Jehovah n christ for 1000 years, when satan and his demons will be chained in the abyss, after 1000 years satan will be released again for a short time, after dat, anybody that follows satan will be destroyed forever along with him, then the earth will be a paradisr.
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by NnajiLannister(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2016
SIRKAY98:
They will be judge based on the dispensation of that time. Based on the law governing them then
Brother your head dey there!!!!
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by donswaga: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=jossyphobia post=47647259] if you've been going to church you will know the answer to these questions you are asking. that's why he had disciples to continue the mission and gave them holyspirit [OK the disciple newly discover Nigeria 200years ago after they meant have spend all most 2000 yrs in lsreal preaching the gospel. ]
Re: What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by donswaga: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=jossyphobia post=47647259] if you've been going to church you will know the answer to these questions you are asking. that's why he had disciples to continue the mission and gave them holyspirit [OK the disciple newly discover Nigeria 200years ago after they meant have spend all most 2000 yrs in lsreal preaching the gospel. ]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corruption Now Official In Nigeria – Bakare / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.