Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 (11715 Views)

List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices / My Open Letter To Tecno Mobile / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins:
I think we need to go for Antutu rating to contest that "jupiter smacking"grin

I have lost faith in those benchmarks, too easily manipulated by manufacturers. I have used the Xperia Z1 utilizing the Snapdragon 800 and it is faster than my S5.5 so I know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by authority2006(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
lilmax: Later one id.iot will come here and say tecno phones are for the masses if i hear,this is just the beginning i pity those who will buy this nonsense for this amount
But you are the idiott here. Tecno still have many phones for the masses unlike Samsung and LG.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordReed:

I have lost faith in those benchmarks, too easily manipulated by manufacturers. I have used the Xperia Z1 utilizing the Snapdragon 800 and it is faster than my S5.5 so I know what I am saying.
May be... (but I believe u)cheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by s3nn2x(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordReed:

I bought the Gionee Elife S5.5 the world's slimmest phone as of now for 42k, Tecno is not giving anything the S5.5 doesn't have so how come the high price? The most expensive Gionee phone does not use a mediatek chip but rather a Snapdragon 800 and it costs about 70k can you compare mediatek and Snapdragon?
Where did you get the phone. My adventures with Tecno would be over very soon.

@post I can never buy a Tecno phone or any Chinese for anything more than 50k. When there is Samsung and HTC. I use a Phantom A+ and I like this phone, based on the specs, but coughing out 68k for it, is a very big no.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Kamaye(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
authority2006: But you are the idiott here. Tecno still have many phones for the masses unlike Samsung and LG.
Dude, even at the low end it is an established fact that Gionee and Opsson sell their phones cheaper than tecno.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by shogz89: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kamaye: Dude, even at the low end it is an established fact that Gionee and Opsson sell their phones cheaper than tecno.
Please what's the difference in price and specifications between gionee e3 an phantom a+
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
please can someone explain how and why a phone's front facing camera has flash?

as in u stare into a flash for selfies or video chats? grin grin cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
s3nn2x:

@post I can never buy a Tecno phone or any Chinese for anything more than 50k. When there is Samsung and HTC. I use a Phantom A+ and I like this phone, based on the specs, but coughing out 68k for it, is a very big no.
Am glad u like ur Phantom A+ & I strongly believe the same conviction will make u go for the PheeZee, despite the price....cos of what it has to offer & not because its a chinese brand. A whole lot of these phones globally are still made in China or have their components made in there (thru franchising and all that... so?), what difference does it make with tecno? They have really evolved sincerely!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
4llerbuntu: please can someone explain how and why a phone's front facing camera has flash?

Its app-controlled chief, only handy in low-light conditions. No one says u shud stare into any LED for that matter....
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
4llerbuntu: please can someone explain how and why a phone's front facing camera has flash?

Welcome to the world of selfies however I don't see why it's a problem. When using the rear camera you still have to stare at the flash. For Xperia C3 Sony are using a reduced power flash so its brightness shouldn't be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
s3nn2x:

I bought it in Abuja at Banex plaza.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Randerl: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
nani667:

That same Samsung Galaxy S3 and a host of low end Samsung phones have already been rocking Kitkat for a long time via Custom ROMS.... Thats the beauty of Samsung... Whether they release updates or not men must still flex updates.... ✔

10000 Likes
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Randerl: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
NEWS
Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z
@N68,500

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by OohMpa: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Okay...

In other news:

Xiaomi Mi3- Snapdragon 800, 1080p, 13mp and 5mp, Android 4.3 miui
based,16gb non expandable, 2gb ram, 3050mAh, etc for $250

ZTE nubia 7 mini- snapdragon 801, 5 inch1080p, 13Mp and 5mp, Android 4.4,
16gb expandable, 2gb ram, 2400mAh, etc for $240

Oneplus One- Snapdragon 801ac, 5.5 inch 1080p, 13mp and 2.1mp, Android
4.4 cm11 based, 16gb non expandable, 3gb ram, 3100mah, etc for $380

All with OTA updates, better specs and way less than tecno phantom z

Thank ooh Mpa later

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Randerl: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
OohMpa: Okay...

In other news:

Xiaomi Mi3- Snapdragon 800, 1080p, 13mp and 5mp, Android 4.3 miui based,16gb non expandable, 2gb ram, 3050mAh, etc for $250

ZTE nubia 7 mini- snapdragon 801, 5 inch1080p, 13Mp and 5mp, Android 4.4, 16gb expandable, 2gb ram, 2400mAh, etc for $240

Oneplus One- Snapdragon 801ac, 5.5 inch 1080p, 13mp and 2.1mp, Android 4.4 cm11 based, 16gb non expandable, 3gb ram, 3100mah, etc for $380

Thank ooh Mpa later

Correct Guy. You are the man.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2014

In other news:

Xiaomi Mi3- Snapdragon 800, 1080p, 13mp and 5mp, Android 4.3 miui based,16gb non expandable, 2gb ram, 3050mAh, etc for $250

ZTE nubia 7 mini- snapdragon 801, 5 inch1080p, 13Mp and 5mp, Android 4.4, 16gb expandable, 2gb ram, 2400mAh, etc for $240

Oneplus One- Snapdragon 801ac, 5.5 inch 1080p, 13mp and 2.1mp, Android 4.4 cm11 based, 16gb non expandable, 3gb ram, 3100mah, etc for $380

Thank ooh Mpa later
thank u for the insight but these prices are still relative by the time u order online & pay for delivery too, am positive u will opting for the tecno quietly. And none in ur list features Amoled display, which still makes the PheeZee a top-notch! cheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Kamaye(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
shogz89:
Please what's the difference in price and specifications between gionee e3 an phantom a+
as far as i know E3 is 33k while A+ is 35k, as for their specs google it and compare.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Randerl:

Correct Guy. You are the man.
For where? Abegi....
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by s3nn2x(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins:
Am glad u like ur Phantom A+ & I strongly believe the same conviction will make u go for the PheeZee, despite the price....cos of what it has to offer & not because its a chinese brand. A whole lot of these phones globally are still made in China or have their components made in there (thru franchising and all that... so?), what difference does it make with tecno? They have really evolved sincerely!
O'boi the money no be am oooooo. I bought Phantom A+ because I wanted to use Android. Now that I have seen the power of Android, I want more ooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by s3nn2x(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2014

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by s3nn2x(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2014

In other news:

Oneplus One- Snapdragon 801ac, 5.5 inch 1080p, 13mp and 5mp, Android 4.4 cm11 based, 16gb non expandable, 3gb ram, 3100mah, etc for $300

Thank ooh Mpa later
Guy, you just dey list prices whey you see for internet. Where in Nigeria are those phones readily available? Please, don't tell me Aliexpress or Alibaba...you did not even include shipping cost.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by parrotibaba(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
buying dis tecno phantom z @ 68k is like buying honey well noodles pack 4 5k knowing fully well dat indomie noodles pack is being sold @ 2k
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by s3nn2x(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
OohMpa:

Shipping costs? That's $30 or $40 with commission to Nigeria. A lot of companies do that already.

Add that to those prices up there and its still way less than "#68 500"

And display is relative. The super amoled display could be the one used in the s3. One particular unit racks up production cost and that's screen.
Put the amoled of s4 or s5 or even tab s and Ooh Mpa is sure it would exceed "68 500"

Stop acting like the fellow magas of our generation when you could get cheaper phones for a better spec. It kills to be foolish
Actually, my issue is not with the price but the availability of the product in Nigeria. Do you sell those phones? Or do you want me to order through you? I tried ordering a phone last year through someone here, the guy told me it would take up to a month for me to receive the product because China banned shipping of battery on plane.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by OohMpa: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
s3nn2x:
Guy, you just dey list prices whey you see for internet. Where in Nigeria are those phones readily available? Please, don't tell me Aliexpress or Alibaba...you did not even include shipping cost.

coolakins:
thank u for the insight but these prices are still relative by the time u order online & pay for delivery too, am positive u will opting for the tecno quietly. And none in ur list features Amoled display, which still makes the PheeZee a top-notch! cheesy

Shipping costs? That's $30 or $40 with commission to Nigeria. A lot of companies do that already.

Add that to those prices up there and its still way less than "#68 500"

And display is relative. The super amoled display could be the one used in the s3. One particular unit racks up production cost and that's screen.
Put the amoled of s4 or s5 or even tab s and Ooh Mpa is sure it would exceed "68 500"

Stop acting like the fellow magas of our generation when you could get cheaper phones for a better spec. It kills to be foolish

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Rdduite(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
This Tecno device is cheap!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by OohMpa: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
s3nn2x:
Actually, my issue is not with the price but the availability of the product in Nigeria. Do you sell those phones? Or do you want me to order through you? I tried ordering a phone last year through someone here, the guy told me it would take up to a month for me to receive the product because China banned shipping of battery on plane.

Go to tech market section. Bizbloke, initialize are the main ones for China

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by mrdrizzy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: But really, is there anything unusual about the mediatek processor that I have seen a few people complain about in here? The mediatek processor is a high quality brand not just used by tecno but even by other major phone manufacturers - infinix, Jiayu, huawei, gionee etc and they don't necessarily come cheap. Besides, this is an 8-core (octa-core) processor with speed clocked at 2.0GHz, how many high-end phones can even beat this for now? It's display resolution is 1080p & amoled (most phones are of 720p & IPS). With 2GB RAM & 16GB storage, I mean what more can u ask for? These are the same specs in samsung galaxy s4 & 5 sold for over a 100k. Pls, let's be more realistic. In my opinion, it is a great phone! The greatest tecno has made so far & I think it's going to fly and even most of the people on this forum will buy - cos they are the Tecno mobile warriors!! grin grin
like seriously?? Did u jst say dat?..havnt u asked urself why most top brands flagships fones dnt use mediatek??..efficiency is what matters..its nt about packing all the whole cores together..

D fact remains dis device is tooooo cost.zopo has same chipset,and processor with beta design..for something abit cheaper,same goes to thl

but one thing is sure..tecno created one really impressive device...our issue here is price
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by TrebleChamp(m): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordReed:

I bought the Gionee Elife S5.5 the world's slimmest phone as of now for 42k, Tecno is not giving anything the S5.5 doesn't have so how come the high price? The most expensive Gionee phone does not use a mediatek chip but rather a Snapdragon 800 and it costs about 70k can you compare mediatek and Snapdragon?
LordReed how come you haven't giving us a hands on review of this beautiful device? I think you are the only person i know using the s5.5 for now. Pls your hands on review soon, thanks.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by solomonbrown64: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
seriously, #68,500.,....i wuld rather go for the Oneplus one; better camera, up der wit same specs as the elite phones, and Cyanogen rite der.....its an unbelievable phone,....
dont get me wrong, i currently use a tecno product, buh i cant buy any tecno device for such a price except i didnt no better....

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by GogetterMD(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
coolakins: But really, is there anything unusual about the mediatek processor that I have seen a few people complain about in here? The mediatek processor is a high quality brand not just used by tecno but even by other major phone manufacturers - infinix, Jiayu, huawei, gionee etc and they don't necessarily come cheap. Besides, this is an 8-core (octa-core) processor with speed clocked at 2.0GHz, how many high-end phones can even beat this for now? It's display resolution is 1080p & amoled (most phones are of 720p & IPS). With 2GB RAM & 16GB storage, I mean what more can u ask for? These are the same specs in samsung galaxy s4 & 5 sold for over a 100k. Pls, let's be more realistic. In my opinion, it is a great phone! The greatest tecno has made so far & I think it's going to fly and even most of the people on this forum will buy - cos they are the Tecno mobile warriors!! grin grin
Correction Bro, a quad core Qualcomm chipset is way better than an Octacore MTK chipset, miles apart. That's why Mediatek chipsets comes cheaper and are used in cloned android devices. Even Huawei and Gionee use Qualcomm chipsets for some of their high end phones. 2GB of RAM is nothing special anymore, when we now have more efficient Qualcomm chipsets with 3GB of RAM. BTW, your 1080p display would soon become a thing of the past, with the QHD display gaining more popularity after the LG G3

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by zube01(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Like play play! Techno. Don dey expensive oooo!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by busoye19: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
JIAYU G4S

Colour: Black, White

Chip MT6592 1.7Ghz Octa-core

Memory 2GB RAM+16GB ROM

Screen 4.7" IPS

Resolution: 1280×720 OGS,Multi-touch,Gorilla Glass 2

Camera: Front Camera: 3 mega-pixel Rear Camera: 13 mega-pixel BSI CMOS

LED flash, Auto-focus

Network WCDMA: 900/2100MHz

GSM:900/1800MHz

sim card one standard SIM one micro-SIM

GPS GPS\A-GPS

Sensor Gyroscope,Compass,Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor

Other GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, FM

Memory extend Up to 64GB

Battery 3000mAH

Operating System Android 4.4.2

Characteristic Metal frame; 2.9mm super narrow bezels

Dimensions 3000mAh battery: 133 × 65 × 10mm

Weight:150g

In the Box (Package Contents)

1 x Mobile phone

1 x Micro-usb Cable

1 x EU/US/AU/UK Charger

1 x User Manual

1 x Battery

1 x Silicon Case

1 x Screen Protector

1 x Otg cable

1 x Touch Pen

1 x Card Reader

Price is #38,000

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office / See What Is Currently Trending On Facebook(photo) / Glo Campus Booster Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.