Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:37 AM

Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 (11718 Views)

List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices / My Open Letter To Tecno Mobile / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
biz2get:
you got to move with the times my friend don’t be a dinosaur, adapt like the crocodiles and embace change.

I use bbm.... Whatsapp etc on my laptop.... So get updated bruh
Are u kidding? okay, I will research that... thank u for the snippet! grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
Osyxcel: With this specs, I can say Tecno has really evolved, and it is positioning itself to serve as a competition against the phone giants.

Although the price may be a little on the high side, I don't think it is too over-priced,

To those comparing Tecno prices with other chinese phones you see on AE and other websites, don't forget that Tecno has physical presence in Nigeria, it pays taxes to the government, it builds/buy/rent service centers, it pays salaries of staffs e.t.c, and lately, it's investing in advertising. All these finances are incorporated in the prices of it's phones.

Also, regarding those downplaying the MTK chipset, kindly note that the latest series of MTK chipset are very good such as MT6582, MT6589 and MT6592. They are really good enough for activities ranging from normal to heavy usage, don't let those big name chipsets deceive you, the only big advantage they have over MTK is probably early support for new android versions.

All in all, I think Tecno Phantom Z would be good enough at the price of 60k (68k might be due to the hyping by the distributors, might not cost up to that).

My submission doesn't mean that if i have 60k, I will not go for other options cheaper than this, it all depends on my assessment of the pros and cons.
You made my day! gringrincheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by biz2get(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
BizBloke:

4-7 days availability in Nigeria from date of payment: Dubai or China.

Cost: $20 (no extra or hidden charge).

Cheers.

Yuu nailed it bruh!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by biz2get(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
coolakins:
Not really, I just feel they deserve some credit. Honestly, they have earned it. cheesy

For trying.... Yes they do!
But For some crap device..... NO!! They dont

I rather prefer they go back to there drawing board and work out new ideas.. Than send oout crap and before yuu say JACK another crap is out!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nsonaso:
Bro you forget that this same TECNO PHANTOM Z uses the same old AMOLED screen technology use in Nexus One (2010) whereas Samsung / GiONEE uses Super AMOLED & Super AMOLED+

2. This same Phantom Z uses the old Corning Gorilla Glass screen protector used in the first
iPhone released in 2007. Whereas Samsung and GiONEE uses Corning Gorilla Glass 2 or 3 manufactured in 2012 and 2013 respectively

3. The same phantom Z uses the old WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n whereas Samsung uses the latest Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n,/ac

Talking about processor, MTK processor are sold very cheap compare to Qualcomm or Samsung processor's and that is why any phone manufactured with MTK processor, tends to be cheap

I use to tell people that TECNO is a rip-off and it is better to buy a good and high quality products @a high price than to buy a sub standard products @ a high price.

Believe it or not if you know the processes and cost of materials involved in making a smartphone, then you will know that no TECNO phone including this one PHANTOM Z worth the price tag

check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1804622/xiaomi-launches-mi-3-smartphone
Sincerely, I think ur head is above the clouds, u need bring it down a little. Can u briefly tell us the great distinction btw the the amoled, super & the super + ? (they all render good color saturation compared to IPS, which is only a little brighter).cheesy
the point is all corning gorilla glass will crack if u drop 'em! (Same reason apple is going for Sapphire glass & metal alloy these days) grin
wireless connectivity of a/b/g/n/ac and all that... and where do u really get the ac currently? a/b/g still remain the major ones around here. cheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
UrbanMystique: mehh... oneplus one is 200times better device and it costs less
and how many people have you seen with the one plus one? Don't even go there. The one plus one is unavailable
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
biz2get:

For trying.... Yes they do!
But For some crap device..... NO!! They dont

I rather prefer they go back to there drawing board and work out new ideas.. Than send oout crap and before yuu say JACK another crap is out!
U call this great ingenuity 'a Crap'? No comments! Tecno fans have testified to the fluidity of the previous versions and this even better, trust me.
And I wish I could actually make phones or work for Tecno Mobile... I wish.grincheesygrin
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
nani667:

That same Samsung Galaxy S3 and a host of low end Samsung phones have already been rocking Kitkat for a long time via Custom ROMS.... Thats the beauty of Samsung... Whether they release updates or not men must still flex updates.... ✔
oh so its Tecno that doesn't have custom roms? Wake up!
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by ibietela2(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
BizBloke:

4-7 days availability in Nigeria from date of payment: Dubai or China.

Cost: $20 (no extra or hidden charge).

Cheers.

I need recommendations o, i Want to order that Cube tab.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
LordReed:

I have lost faith in those benchmarks, too easily manipulated by manufacturers. I have used the Xperia Z1 utilizing the Snapdragon 800 and it is faster than my S5.5 so I know what I am saying.
of course. The S5.5 is clocked at 1.7ghz
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
OohMpa:

Shipping costs? That's $30 or $40 with commission to Nigeria. A lot of companies do that already.

Add that to those prices up there and its still way less than "#68 500"

And display is relative. The super amoled display could be the one used in the s3. One particular unit racks up production cost and that's screen.
Put the amoled of s4 or s5 or even tab s and Ooh Mpa is sure it would exceed "68 500"

Stop acting like the fellow magas of our generation when you could get cheaper phones for a better spec. It kills to be foolish

goodluck buying the one plus one at $340 like you mentioned
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
solomonbrown64: seriously, #68,500.,....i wuld rather go for the Oneplus one; better camera, up der wit same specs as the elite phones, and Cyanogen rite der.....its an unbelievable phone,....
dont get me wrong, i currently use a tecno product, buh i cant buy any tecno device for such a price except i didnt no better....
how much is the one plus one?
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
Tobbie9: Just Googled oneplus who knows how i can get it
goodluck is all i can say to you. Even the ppl over there are looking for how to buy the device
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
jeebz:
Currently the phone is available at $80 higher than the original price.
pls do you sell it? i need it too :-)
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
ibietela2:

STFU it's Android L and there and how are you sure S3 will receive update?
it wont! S3 didn't even get kitkat. They killed it on 4.3
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Coolstan: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
biz2get:
you got to move with the times my friend don’t be a dinosaur, adapt like the crocodiles and embace change.

I use bbm.... Whatsapp etc on my laptop.... So get updated bruh
funniest comment ever. Do you carry fit your laptop in your pocket and carry it around too?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by solomonbrown64: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Coolstan: how much is the one plus one?

dats between 359 - 489 dollars..... ..
u cn get it @ aliexpress.com
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by UrbanMystique: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Coolstan: and how many people have you seen with the one plus one? Don't even go there. The one plus one is unavailable
go to Aliexpress or eBay and order yours
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by BizBloke(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
biz2get:

Yuu nailed it bruh!

Thanks, bro.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by BizBloke(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
ibietela2:

I need recommendations o, i Want to order that Cube tab.

Hi, Ibietela2.

I'd be glad to assist you. Could you be more specific: what kind of recommendations?

Cheers.
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
coolakins:
Sincerely, I think ur head is above the clouds, u need bring it down a little. Can u briefly tell us the great distinction btw the the amoled, super & the super + ? (they all render good color saturation compared to IPS, which is only a little brighter).cheesy
the point is all corning gorilla glass will crack if u drop 'em! (Same reason apple is going for Sapphire glass & metal alloy these days) grin
wireless connectivity of a/b/g/n/ac and all that... and where do u really get the ac currently? a/b/g still remain the major ones around here. cheesy
Dude I just want to tell you the Technologies adopted by Samsung and GiONEE which cost more than the one used by TECNO and yet TECNO is more expensive
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by ibietela2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
Coolstan: it wont! S3 didn't even get kitkat. They killed it on 4.3

Some people carry this update for head like lice
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by ibietela2(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
BizBloke:

Hi, Ibietela2.

I'd be glad to assist you. Could you be more specific: what kind of recommendations?

Cheers.

Not yet
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by coolakins(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nsonaso: Dude I just want to tell you the Technologies adopted by Samsung and GiONEE which cost more than the one used by TECNO and yet TECNO is more expensive
I hear you.... but I disagree cheesy
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
coolakins:
I hear you.... but I disagree cheesy
Whatever..... Just pity people who will spend their hard earned money on TECNO junk

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Coolstan: it wont! S3 didn't even get kitkat. They killed it on 4.3
Bro one thing you must know about OEM brands is that even if they don't offer you official update. You can update it yourself because there are 100s of developers willing and ready to offer you support (cock/port ROM for OEM devices) till you get tired of the phone yourself. e.g I have HTC Desire HD released in 2010 with Android Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) later got updated to v2.3 (Gingerbread) by HTC itself..... But now bro am rooking Android 4.4.2 KitKat and that is what you get from buying OEM brand phones dude, instead of buying overpriced piece of junk called TECNO Phantom Z...... and don't forget that Samsung Galaxy S3 will still be updated to Android L quote me anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Coolstan: oh so its Tecno that doesn't have custom roms? Wake up!
How many ROM bro?
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
OohMpa:

Its way overpriced

What is your point?

Those other phone manufacturers don't pay taxes to their own government?
Their staff dey work free? They even spend more with their R&grin, OTA updates and even publications
And yet they have those prices up there

Even 60k is a ripoff compared to those phones up there

This is MTK for Pete's sake
Cube talk 9x with an octacore mtk8592 has antutu of over 40000, retina screen and the likes yet it's still $199

MTK is cheap and Ooh Mpa no like that price at all

Tell them bro... They don't know and they don't want to know
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
Osyxcel:

Tecno will pay in two ways..
They'll pay taxes for manufacturing in China, and they will pay for their operations in Nigeria.

Cube talk 9x @ $199? that's so not true...
Bro you forgort that GiONEE is still in Nigeria, India and China and many other countries or you mean GiONEE don't Pay for their operations in Nigeria and India? and don't pay Tax for manufacturing both in China and India because they have Manufacturing plant in both Countries
Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by texazzpete(m): 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Osyxcel: With this specs, I can say Tecno has really evolved, and it is positioning itself to serve as a competition against the phone giants.

Although the price may be a little on the high side, I don't think it is too over-priced,

To those comparing Tecno prices with other chinese phones you see on AE and other websites, don't forget that Tecno has physical presence in Nigeria, it pays taxes to the government, it builds/buy/rent service centers, it pays salaries of staffs e.t.c, and lately, it's investing in advertising. All these finances are incorporated in the prices of it's phones.

Also, regarding those downplaying the MTK chipset, kindly note that the latest series of MTK chipset are very good such as MT6582, MT6589 and MT6592. They are really good enough for activities ranging from normal to heavy usage, don't let those big name chipsets deceive you, the only big advantage they have over MTK is probably early support for new android versions.

All in all, I think Tecno Phantom Z would be good enough at the price of 60k (68k might be due to the hyping by the distributors, might not cost up to that).

My submission doesn't mean that if i have 60k, I will not go for other options cheaper than this, it all depends on my assessment of the pros and cons.

What specs? The ones that are worse than those of the 2013 Galaxy S4, with zero likelihood of getting any further OS updates?

Buy this and you'll miss out on android L with all it's attendant goodies.

The One plus is a MUCH MUCH more solid deal than this.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Mobile To Release Latest Phantom Z @N68,500 by Nsonaso(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
TrebleChamp: OK thanks, I thought the kitkat upgrade was for India and China only. Goodluck with your kitkat upgrade all the same.
I think He can still flash the India KitKat update via SP Flash Tool... If am not mistaken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office / See What Is Currently Trending On Facebook(photo) / Glo Campus Booster Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.