Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! (21036 Views)

This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / My Discussion With A Government Contractor Who Wants GEJ Out - Agabai23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by SirKay3(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
First photo here is that of the old makeshift pedestrian bridge that was swept away with people on it.

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by alingo4life: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
This is my area.This is where i live..Since 2011 when the Flood occurred,There hasnt being a serious attempt by the Government of Senator Ajimobi to fix the bridge.All what has being done are make-shift bridges that keeps on collapsing and killing people every now and then.The one that collapsed yesterday luckily did not Kill anyone..Of all the bridges that collapsed in 2011,not one bridge has being built..now when the APC loses election,they will be blaming the PDP with their stupid Lair Mohammed shouting all around..#APCMYBLACKHAIRYASS

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by otokx(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Liars are working overtime, is it not obvious?
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
alingo4life: This is my area.This is where i live..Since 2011 when the Flood occurred,There hasnt being a serious attempt by the Government of Senator Ajimobi to fix the bridge.All what has being done are make-shift bridges that keeps on collapsing and killing people every now and then.The one that collapsed yesterday luckily did not Kill anyone..Of all the bridges that collapsed in 2011,not one bridge has being built..now when the APC loses election,they will be blaming the PDP with their stupid Lair Mohammed shouting all around..#APCMYBLACKHAIRYASS

Please vote APC out if they are not performing.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
himkers: and some folks on Nl will tell us that Ibadan is a city.......Indeed, a city with brown roofs all over d place.
WHAT AN IDIOTIC STATEMENT.SO APETE NOW REPRESENTS THE WHOLE OF IB.

MAY THE GOD U SERVE,GIVE U THE ABILITY TO USE UR BRAIN.AMEN!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
@OP. It is easy to question your intentions and motivation if, as a construction "professional", you represent a temporary pedestrian bridge as "Apete Bridge" in your thread title. You think you are the only construction/built environ "professional" here? The Pedestrian bridge is temporary, as a means to aid pedestrian traffic while the main bridge is under construction, and restrictions was placed on its usage.

If truly a well-trained construction "professional" then your expert knowledge should engage your "professional" inquisitiveness to make you question why the bridge has collapsed, if indeed this is the case, rather than begin making assumption about quality of construction, government "insensitivity" et al. You are just 'reaching' doing that because a genuine construction professional would, as a matter of training, be unlikely to do that. Why not ponder why the pedestrain bridge collapsed, if such happened, so we can all be wiser ?

This is the season of witch-hunting the good guys so that a failed Presidency can sail through and gain another four years in 2015 but let us at least act intelligently via showing we know what obtained under the PDP in the SW before now. What PDP administrators did not do in 8 or more years is now being done in a few years across most States of the SW yet we are now to accept the revisionist "they are all the same" propaganda that is seeking to make a sentimental polity forget how bad the PDP really were in the SW which is now the 'beautiful bride' for 2015? Did we see anything near the scale of infrastructural construction going on today in the SW during the locust years of the PDP? How come the failed PDP never attempted much that is effective yet they are now crying against Ajimobi piously? Ditto for Ogun, Osun et al.

Good luck to you guys and your revisionist blanket condemnation which is really mischief against the APC in my opinion given the advances the APC governors have made in a few years after stagnation of the PDP years. You say you are not partisan but I hope 4 more years for GEJ is worth all this senseless witch-hunt against SW leaders who are performing far better than the PDP administrator they replaced. Sensible posters should ask themselves why this sustained campaign of calumny is now focused on the leaders of the politically pivotal SW alone these days. Dickson, Uduaghan, Elechi, Orji et al have all stopped being abject and misruling mediocrities and it is now only APC SW Governors the entire Nigeria should microscopically focus on? As if we do not know that it has been predicted that turning the people against their leaders, with propaganda and sectional/religious divisiveness, is the PDP's plan to "capture" the SW even as we know they have nothing at all to offer. Formumers should ask why the SW has now turned into Nigeria these days with the so-called 'misrule' of the States in the region being what every Nairalander is focused on lately. Are Nairalanders now all Yorubas from the SW States alone given the discussion trend currently? I dey laff at those , especially myopic SW folks, who cannot see what is going on. "Boy with no shoes" propaganda won't work now, since we know the 'boy' has moved on to 10 airplane and billion naira food plus billions of dollars scamming and corruption while Nigerians starve and die, so it is to initiate a scaremongering campaign, plus impeachment brouhaha, to demonize the opposition leaders who have delivered far better than the PDP ever did in the SW or stand in the way of "GEJ 2015" agenda in the North. Nigeria is a joke and Nigerians themselves are the biggest jesters.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/oyo-govt-completes-new-apete-pedestrian-bridge-promises-another-one-in-two-weeks/

Oyo Govt. completes new Apete pedestrian bridge, promises another one in two weeks
Posted in Featured News on July 10, 2014
In fulfillment of Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s earlier promise, a new pedestrian bridge has been constructed on the Apete River and opened for public use.
The Oyo State Commissioner for Works, Mr. Bimbo Kolade told newsmen shortly after inspecting the bridge that the newly-constructed bridge would be restricted to vehicular activities.
The commissioner explained that though the bridge was solid enough for vehicular activities, it would only be used by pedestrians, for now, to give room for the continuation of the main bridge.
Mr. Kolade assured the people of Apete that another pedestrian bridge would be constructed at the other side of the bridge within the next two weeks.
According to him, the second pedestrian bridge, on completion, would serve both pedestrians and commercial motorcyclists with the exception of vehicles pending the completion of the main bridge.
“The bridge is solid enough for vehicular activities but because of the need to continue work on the main bridge the pedestrian bridge will be restricted to vehicular activities for now, it will only be opened for pedestrian activities, we will not even allow Okada riders to use it”.
We are appealing to our people to abide by the instruction on the use of the bridge in another two weeks a similar bridge will also be constructed at the other side of the bridge.

He, therefore, appealed to the people of Apete and its environs to abide by the instruction for their and that of the contractor handling the project.
The commissioner also disclosed that work was going on on the 3.5 km. Ijokodo-Poly-Apete Road, adding that the side drainages on the road had been completed, urging the people to exercise patience with the government pending the completion of the road and the Apete.
He also disclosed that work was going on in other bridges similarly washed away by flood, stressing that most of them had reached 80 to 90 per cent completion.

8 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
remsonik:
I don vex o, Op should stop creating hate inciting posts on nl

Yes ooo. I hope he is reading this..
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by blaise26abj(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender: It quite annoying and disheartening how politicians play with the lives of innocent citizens. I just got to work this morning to notice the collapse of the pedestrian bridge constructed by Oyo state government to ease the movement of people from Apete town via The Polytechnic Ibadan. As a matter of fact, I condemned the newly constructed pedestrian bridge as [b]a professional in the field of construction [/b]on this platform;being cheap and lacked the factors of safety. The State government came with her press crew to cover the completion and politicize the whole fiasco. Its very laughable that this government is insensitive to the plight of the masses as they are scoring cheap political point with projects at the Central district of the town why neglecting ones at the developing areas. The Ajimobi led government has got a lot of cases to answer. Thank God no life was lost. We need to challenge governance in this nation;be it APC or PDP. God bless Nigeria

OP: Please stop calling yourself a professional if you will politicize even procedures in your so called profession. It is a freaking makeshift wooden bridge. If he closes that route till the bridge construction is completed, you will complain. He provides a temporary bridge, you are shouting. Are you saying he should have provided a RC temporary Bridge? See this guy o

@Gbawe, I dey surprised @ the guy. Professional indeed.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by iffydave: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
datbay: Ajimobi,Wat do u have to say this time?

"I will setup committee to investigate the collapse, thank you" grin
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
blaise26abj:

OP: Please stop calling yourself a professional if you will politicize even procedures in your so called profession. It is a freaking makeshift wooden bridge. If he closes that route till the bridge construction is completed, you will complain. He provides a temporary bridge, you are shouting. Are you saying he should have provided a RC temporary Bridge? See this guy o

Bruv, anyone can claim to be anything here and many often do. Yet their thought processes never match there acclaimed expertise. A bit like our resident herbalist(Insincere9gerian) who goes around lying he is a medical doctor 'on sabbatical'. If indeed the temporary bridge collapsed then a construction "professional" would be the first to know it is best to be aware of all the necessary facts and relevant construction data/info before making a conclusion. Imagine simply looking at a collapsed temporary bridge and announcing, as a "professional" that "poor construction" caused it?

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by funtanherb(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
I was there today and believe me the bridge constructed is a death trap,how many years will it take ajumobi to construct apete bridge,kudos to ogun state government and lagos state government hope ajumobi will learn from them
NgeneUkwenu: No sight of collapsed bridge! Saw only a massive 4 -Lane bridge under construction!

The makeshift bridge must have been erected to ameliorate and aid movement of people pending the completion of the main bridge!

The Moderators here should be fair to all political parties. (stop inciting people against a performing governor)

Kudos to Ajimobi, What PDP could not do in 12 years they held sway, is being done within 2 years of a progressive government.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by ichidodo: 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Typical maggots,instead of looking at the issue critically raised by a concerned citizen they all delve into conjectures of proffessionalism or pseudo-proffessionalism of the O.p.Why? Because APC as a party has nothing to offer to Nigerians.......Vote Out APC..Vote out negligience and death...

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by delishpot: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bros, hope no person die sha? Na wa, human life no get value. Even 5 kobo sef too cost for our govt to spend for tha sake of saving lives. That bridge was built for the looting purpose it provided. They just had to make a monument so that in future they wont say the money was not spent for the purpose it was taken if not, dem for no even move one cup of sand for that site dem for share the money100% chop. This one na wash wash make their enemy no cone enter government come start to call EFCC for dem say dem nor build bridge wey dem collect 250 million dollars for.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by remmydada(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
orlaryhincah: Hmmmn Prof pics or it never happen
we that reside in ibadan dont need any picture we see the bridge everyday
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by niggaman(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
oldenglish: wey machinery for the construction company. Na so Ibadan people mumu reach to gather dey watch construction of bridge?
have u been to the site before?
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
alingo4life: This is my area.This is where i live..Since 2011 when the Flood occurred,There hasnt being a serious attempt by the Government of Senator Ajimobi to fix the bridge.All what has being done are make-shift bridges that keeps on collapsing and killing people every now and then.The one that collapsed yesterday luckily did not Kill anyone..Of all the bridges that collapsed in 2011,not one bridge has being built..now when the APC loses election,they will be blaming the PDP with their stupid Lair Mohammed shouting all around..#APCMYBLACKHAIRYASS

You guys should fear God with your lies you want to use to disguise your political partisanship. Even in the picture the OP provided, and contrary to the section in bold in your quoted utterance above, is it not obvious a robust and enduring solution is under construction? Indeed fault the timeline and demand urgency, as I think Ajimobi is relatively slow also, but spare us the lies of "all what has being done are make-shift bridges" when it is clear to all that efforts to deliver a permanent and functional bridge, which the PDP never thought the people deserved, is already visible.

Use your time, if indeed a genuine stakeholder, to lobby Ajimobi to accelerate the pace of work on a project the PDP never felt compelled to deliver. Do your part to secure good governance instead of just insulting everyone when the recent past, under the PDP, is still too fresh in the memory for people like you to begin this nauseating revisionism that just shows you are a devotee of the PDP and not of good governance and/or progress for the average Nigerian.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1552674_img-20140716-00530_jpeg881e9965abbb41faee0e51f66a9caf46[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
And so what?

If you feel discontent eith OYO state govt, why not crawl back miserably to your homeland......or is your homeland so miserable you that are left with no other choice than decide to flee & abide in this same OYSG you are criticizing?

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by GoodcasHMan: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
YOU ARE RIGHT BRO. UNTIL WE ALL RISE UP TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE ON THE QUALITY OF PROJECTS BEING DONE THEY ARE FUN OF DECEIVING US WITH LESS QUALITY PROJECTS ( ROADS, BRIDGES, WATER PUMPS, ELECTRICITY INSTALLATIONS, ETC ) I TIRED O
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by deriod(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
this is just a makeshift bridge pending d completion of bridge ,always politicizing every thing
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by blaise26abj(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
funtanherb: I was there today and believe me the bridge constructed is a death trap,how many years will it take ajumobi to construct apete bridge,kudos to ogun state government and lagos state government hope ajumobi will learn from them

This is a reasonable line of thought. If the Govt or the contractor is slow, call the attention of the governor to it. OP made it seem like a major bridge collapsed. There is no way any makeshift wooden bridge wont collapse with that kind of flow unless it is a RC bridge or suspended steel bridge and the OP showed a pix of one being constructed right beside the temporary bridge.

OP should not politicize it. If previous govts did the needful, will we be here talking about this?

Besides every "professional" should know that construction slows down significantly during rainy seasons.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by emiye(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Gbawe: Did we see anything near the scale of infrastructural construction going on today in the SW during the locust years of the PDP? How come the failed PDP never attempted much that is effective yet they are now crying against Ajimobi piously? Ditto for Ogun, Osun et al.

This part of your comment is a question i ask some shallow individuals.

It is really good to criticise the governors, but the bulk of the criticisms are not in good faith
I have seen that the tone of criticism by many is to pulverise the current ones and pave way for the failed yesterdays men to take over again. That a man has disagreement with his wife does not mean you send her packing and bring in a prostitutee.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
blaise26abj:

This is a reasonable line of thought. If the Govt or the contractor is slow, call the attention of the governor to it. OP made it seem like a major bridge collapsed. There is no way any makeshift wooden bridge wont collapse with that kind of flow unless it is a RC bridge or suspended steel bridge and the OP showed a pix of one being constructed right beside the temporary bridge.

OP should not politicize it. If previous govts did the needful, will we be here talking about this?

Besides every "professional" should know that construction slows down significantly during rainy seasons.

Thank you for the parts in bold above !!!! Important to bear in mind that the previous PDP Government never thought to deliver a permanent solution to a serious challenge of transport infrastructure. Secondly, with a robust bridge now visible which would cope with traffic, would it not be more profitable for genuine stakeholders, keen to see effective solutions delivered, to engage the governor and all appropriate authorities and hold them accountable for the speedy delivery of the bridge under construction? Why turn this, if a genuine Oyo stakeholder seeking solution and cognisant of what obtained in the past under the PDP, into an APC bashing exercise especially over a long-awaited solution the PDP never felt the people deserved even as the Party and its agents are now the loudest opportunist critics of the efforts of Ajimobi?

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender:
I dont have to join issues with you because I'm not a bootlicker or APC apologist like you. Open your eyes clearly to see the pictures of the pedestrian make~shift bridge with part already submerged. You think am here for a propaganda? You must be on a very long thing. Why be @ the mercy of these political rascals (APC & PDP). Do they pay you people? #team good governance#

Walelavender: I have a soft spot for GEJ

Your quote from another thread...

Try again...

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by princeknowis(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
G̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴̴̴̮͡d̶̲̥̅̊ punish A P C government ƒo̶̷̩̥̊͡я dos dat dint believe come †̥☺ apete ΑϞ∂ see. Mad governor toying wit citizens life. Entry ΑϞ∂ exit †̥☺ apete Ϟo̶̲̥̅ώ Į̸̸̨§ a catastrophe
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by cassyrooy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ajimobi told my mum that 'I never knew that these contractors were PDP-led contractors'.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by revelationuche: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
What is eating the bridge May be mamaid [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by ifekemmy(f): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=Omexonomy]All these south west governos who a better of being a clown standing by the road side.
In order to satisfy tinubu pocket they went ahead to do a wack and shoddy job. A so called ultra mordern school colapse in osun state two days to commisionig by O'aregbe.

who to blame: aregbe or d contractor
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by salt1: 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
blaise26abj:

I struggle to understand you!
The bridge had collapsed before killing 35 or so people. The Op sees it collapse again and raises an alarm and you say it's not major. How many people should be killed first before a good 'temporary' solution is discovered, pending the completion of the mega project?
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
blaise26abj:

Well whether I'm a professional or not that shouldn't trouble you. The reality on ground is that the immediate past temporary bridge that collapsed claimed lives. The one they recently constructed was a disaster in making, was not suprised that it was submerged coz I saw the whole stuff they put together.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
salt1:

I struggle to understand you!
The bridge had collapsed before killing 35 or so people. The Op sees it collapse again and raises an alarm and you say it's not major. How many people should be killed first before a good 'temporary' solution is discovered, pending the completion of the mega project?
Would you mind these people who dont have sanctity for human lives?
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by seunwen2(m): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Don't think any bridge collapse the poster of this post should show me the picture of the collapse bridge or else delete this post. Stop spreading false information sad
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
aresa:

Your quote from another thread...

Try again...
You will have to try harder Bro. Yes I used to but no more due to below par performance. Not a GEJ Apologist or Bootlicker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ's CYBERCRIME BILL Allows FG To Spy On Nigerians - Death Sentence For Hackers / Bayo Omoboriowo Has Not Been Sacked As Buhari's Personal Photographer - Ahmaad / Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.