Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,224 members, 7,887,603 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:13 AM

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! (21056 Views)

This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / My Discussion With A Government Contractor Who Wants GEJ Out - Agabai23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2014
fistonati: am very sorry for u, cus u dnt knw dt ajimobi wil go bt dt office wil remain. Why are u nt been objective here? He did erected bridge @ mokola dt doesnt nid 1, while apete ppl are suffering on all front. Three years is nt enof 4 him to do a small link-up bridge. He is operatn an Elite govt. While ppl are devoid of their right cus he nid 2 Feed Tinubu. May be u 4got its ur right. U better reason.
dis is d mst foolish comment of d Year. So u meant Mokola does nt nid a bridge..Where u @mokola when dere waz no bridge & nw dat dere is a bridge?
didn't u notice d diff...a place dat waz formerly an eyesore during rush hours(4pm below) is nw witnessing a free flow of traffic anytime of d day...
Use ur brain bro

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by abacus(m): 7:35am On Jul 17, 2014
Walelavender:
I dont have to join issues with you because I'm not a bootlicker or APC apologist like you. Open your eyes clearly to see the pictures of the pedestrian make~shift bridge with part already submerged. You think am here for a propaganda? You must be on a very long thing. Why be @ the mercy of these political rascals (APC & PDP). Do they pay you people? #team good governance#

Oga there is no pedestrian bridge in those pictures. Under construction bridge and make-shift bridge I can see.

A bridge is under construction, don't use mouth collapse it. See bold above, in the eyes of many people, that's what you are here for.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Highvotage: @op, It was the temporal bridge that was made for free movement of the people that collapse why the new bridge itsef is still under construction.
It occurred almost 2 week now but people were gathering there to watct rise in water lever in compsrative to were the makeshift bridge used to be.
To be sincere, Oyo government should have hasten the job faster than this to avoid this embberashment or public propaganda from some people.
Lets just continue to pray to God for leaders that will have the love of masses at heart, irrespective of party, religion, ethic or otherwise.
This is not about any propaganda. The one you were referring to few weeks ago,which was reconstructed failed again. Do you think I'm out here to post anything to attract traffic? Sincerely,it did happen and if you don't want to believe me, find out from both the print and electronic media
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2014
lastpage:

Look, l think you have made your point, dpnt argue with "political otimkpus". We know a lot of them on Nairaland, paid and those who just do it out of sheer ignorance.

The saying that "The people deserve the kind of government they get" is very apt, when it comes to the case of most Nigerians.

I was watching a BBC TV program today about how some residence of Redmond street, in a council area of U.K were negotiating with their council officials about how much the council will "buy-over" their houses from them because those houses, though not council houses, were built on lad purchased by the council and had dangerous level of Methane gas. These means the houses could explode and catch fire at a certain high level of methane (highly combustible gas which seeped into the houses from underground as a result of poor construction procedure)

What really caught my attention was that the Council officials were "negotiating and pleading" with the owners to seel the house to them, so they can demolish it for safety reasons.
Everyone eventually agreed to sell to the council after agreeing a reasonable price but one man still refused to sell his own property ....and he was left alone since that was his choice, but the Council still opted to implement "an Engineering solution" to assist him live safeky albiet a bit uncomfortably!

I asked myself: assuming if this was in Nigeria or Lagos, what would have happened?
from experience, the Governor or LGA Chairman would just by "FIAT Authority", ask those people to move out within seven days, send heavily armed Mopol and Soldiers to beat the daylights out of anyone who decides to "dare question him", destroy all their properties and eventually arrogate the place to himself and his party thugs/cronies.
It happened in Moroko, i happened in Whitesand, it happened under Mallam El Rufai in Abuja, it happened around so many government reclaimed areas.

....and it "hit me" in the face that this is the difference between being "a ruler" and being a "public servant"; being an Oppressor and a Leader.
More importantly, between being a citizen who knows and demands for his right to be respected by those in authority!

Lastpage!

BTW: It irks me so much when and why every important discussion is turned to an E-fight between APC and PDP?
Why cant we discuss issues without colouring it or taking sides, based on political affiliations?
Are we this stewpid or what? angry angry angry

A failed bridge is a failed bridge, temporary or not, ...whether built by Jonathan or Ajumobi, bottom line is that it has failed th epeople who are supposed to be the beneficiary. 'SIMPLES'!
yes a failed bridge is a failed. bridge bt dis is a typical case of natural disaster, whereas d so cslled makeshift bridge wax jst a set of woods arranged for pedestrian..d main bridge is under construction bt @ a snail pace which i expect to improve afta d govs visit.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Temidayo9(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2014
i hope OP have eyez to differentiate Ibadan during PDP Govt and Now Ibadan under APC.. And by the way whatz funny in bridge colaps? How many people like you blame GEJ/PDP over , NMA strike that has claim many lives , ASUP,Colleges of education strike?.

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by ayobase(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2014
that bridge im seeing in these pics seems under construction
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by youngmonie: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2014
This OP is just an idiot, tell us is it the wooden the bridge that collapsed or the main bridge which from that picture any sane person can deduce that it is still under construction. Dont come here and give us half baked news
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
Highvotage: @op, It was the temporal bridge that was made for free movement of the people that collapse why the new bridge itsef is still under construction.
It occurred almost 2 week now but people were gathering there to watct rise in water lever in compsrative to were the makeshift bridge used to be.
To be sincere, Oyo government should have hasten the job faster than this to avoid this embberashment or public propaganda from some people.
Lets just continue to pray to God for leaders that will have the love of masses at heart, irrespective of party, religion, ethic or otherwise.

Totally agree with the part in bold font above. Ajimobi may, in reality, be much better than Alao-Akala but he should be wise enough to know he will be held to higher standards of efficiency. This is not the only urgent project needing completion in Oyo but I hope all this attention this Apete Bridge has generated will make Ajimobi respond appropriately.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by teelacruz(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2014
In my own opinion, they need to consult the oracle as far as that river is concerned. Ask for what the goddess needs and all will be well. If you like, bring Arab contractors or CCECC, it will still collapse!
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Temidayo9: i hope OP have eyez to differentiate Ibadan during PDP Govt and Now Ibadan under APC.. And by the way whatz funny in bridge colaps? How many people like you blame GEJ/PDP over , NMA strike that has claim many lives , ASUP,Colleges of education strike?.
Wow! I like that. You need to see all my post on this forum and do justice to them if I have been sentimental. Governance shouldn't be reduced to political stunts. It obvious that the government @ the centre is struggling to perform with unfavourable and unpopular policies with square pegs in round holes. Irrespective of the party you represent, I don't give a damn coz they don't put food on my table. Deliver on the dividends of democracy an alleviate your criticism. They ain't doing us a favour by fixing our infrastructures. They were given the mandate to do that! Don't reduce this discuss to PDP or APC. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2014
abacus: .

Oga there is no pedestrian bridge in those pictures. Under construction bridge and make-shift bridge I can see.

A bridge is under construction, don't use mouth collapse it. See bold above, in the eyes of many people, that's what you are here for.
Please you have to try more. I can't just fathom why you won't understand the definition of a bridge. The adjective used to qualify the one I posted earlier was 'pedestrian'. The one under construction is a Reinforced concrete bridge. The first two pictures show the submerged make-shift bridge, while the latter is the RC bridge under construction . Do I need to say this again. Please visit the last thread on this topic and get yourself more informed and stop throwing insult all around.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by olapluto(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
This issue of Apete bridge is a perfect case study of Ajimobi government. Started very well, doing OK, but managing PR badly. Most people here do not know Apete, but I have a house there and lived there in the last 14 years.
In 2000, the roads leading to Apete were amongst the worst in the country. No matter how good your car shock absorber is, it will be damaged after one or two trips to-fro Apete to Ijokodo/Sango. Akala's PDP neglected this road for almost 8 years. Ajimobi took it up and actually BUILT a new road to open up Apete to Ojoo, UI, Ajibode. I am a direct beneficiary of this new road as it brings me closer to UI (journey of 1 hour turned to Okada of 5 minutes). Businesses and property values increased greatly due to this road.
This Apete /Ajibode road also was done to cushion the suffering while the bridge was being repaired. Apete to Sango will take 15 minutes if one goes through the bridge. Same journey will take about 30 minutes if one goes via the new road.
SO in summary, Ajimobi has actually done very well for the Apete people. Way more than any governor has done to them since 1999. BUT as we are a people who forget easily, Ajimobi has become the victim of his own achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by olapluto(m): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
And on the pedestrian bridge, I suspect the latest collapse to be very political. Immediately after the last collapse, Accord party members (who are very strong in Apete) allegedly took over the bridge and wanted to make a make-shift. The governor visited and told them not to.
Way forward: Apete people should use the new road as a getaway to the rest of Ibadan while the bridge is fixed. All those market women, Okada boys and beggars who make a living around the pedestrian bridge need to be moved to another place. They will weaken any wooden bridge made there. It is simple common sense.
Maybe the governor should also draft in the 'Ajumose' buses to take people from Mokola/Sango or even Eleyele to Apete via the new road.
Students and workers at Poly Ibadan who need to cross the river can also make the sacrifice by connecting Poly through UI. These are easy alternatives. No more wooden bridge until the main bridge is ready. Apete can cope!
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Walelavender:
Did you read where I made a comparison with any political party or the past governments that have been privileged to govern Oyo state? Why? coz I don't give a damn about the political class. Besides why don't you quote fully, my comment on GEJ rather than select the part that excites your ego? You just don't want to accept that governance should be all inclusive. I am not that gullible to close my eyes to the wrong in my society. Ask the families of those who lost their loved ones. Common, structures either temporary or permanent should be safe. Referring to the bridge as just a make-shift bridge is laughable as if it was designed for goats and rams. Once bitten twice shy. Justice will prevail

Y
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Walelavender:
Did you read where I made a comparison with any political party or the past governments that have been privileged to govern Oyo state? Why? coz I don't give a damn about the political class. Besides why don't you quote fully, my comment on GEJ rather than select the part that excites your ego? You just don't want to accept that governance should be all inclusive. I am not that gullible to close my eyes to the wrong in my society. Ask the families of those who lost their loved ones. Common, structures either temporary or permanent should be safe. Referring to the bridge as just a make-shift bridge is laughable as if it was designed for goats and rams. Once bitten twice shy. Justice will prevail

You are not gullible, but you roam around the internet professing your love and soft spot for the most worthless and incompetent president in the history of mankind.

Ajimobi not only built the best bridge in Oyo state, but also built many many more than past administrations while the loser you are in love with and have your soft spot for didn't build even one latrine, not one classroom in fact nothing...

Like I said, make better choices when carrying out your paid and sponsored political activities on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by makeitplain: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
DenBosch:
Foool he promised dem bridge and he is constructing d bridge despite d fact dat he lost heavily in dàt local govt in d last elections(Ido local govt)

N.b
despite d heavy population of apete where he lost he waz able to win Oyo state, wu told u he kant win again without dem

U know what? if u are quick to call me a fool even though I am not taking up conflict with anyone here. U have nothing to offer and can't be taken any seriously.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by makeitplain: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
aresa:

Again, the fact that you registered 15 days ago and every one of the 15 posts you've accumulated since your registration date are all rants and anger against Ajimobi says a lot about your one and only mission on NL.

You are not to be taken seriously..

Oh My Goodness Aresaaaaa!!! Ur point is pointless can't u see? U are exposing my mission on NL as if 1) I am denying it 2) Everybody else on NL do not have a mission or the other. Do u not have a mission here?

Do u do anything aimlessly without a mission? Are u on NL without any mission? Are u just here without reason? For u to have listed every single bridges that Ajimobi have constructed one after the other, do u not have a mission? ur mission is to defend any evil of Ajimobi that is about to be exposed here. If not, why not just read and move on? For u to try to counter every anti-Ajimobi is that not a mission. So if I do not like ur Alpha&Omega governor that allows ppl to die without remorse it shouldn't bother u.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=aresa]

You are not gullible, but you roam around the internet professing your love and soft spot for the most worthless and incompetent president in the history of mankind.

Ajimobi not only built the best bridge in Oyo state, but also built many many more than past administrations while the loser you are in love with and have your soft spot for didn't build even one latrine, not one classroom in fact nothing...

Like I said, make better choices when carrying out your paid and spons
You refused to quote fully my position on the National conference(my post on13th Oct 2013), Mr PA. I said it was a ploy to waste tax payers money...You thought you were smart enough to lift where I typed 'soft spot'. Mr PA, its not about GEJ vs Ajimobi. Dont you get it? This your publicity stunt wont do you any good. Allow the electorates to decide and save me the projects the Governor has done as if it was a great favour he is doing. That is the mandate we gave him. Dont reduce governance to amala politics. Try more....
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
^^^^^ Learn how to quote because I can not read your gibberish..
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
[s]
makeitplain:

Oh My Goodness Aresaaaaa!!! Ur point is pointless can't u see? U are exposing my mission on NL as if 1) I am denying it 2) Everybody else on NL do not have a mission or the other. Do u not have a mission here?

Do u do anything aimlessly without a mission? Are u on NL without any mission? Are u just here without reason? For u to have listed every single bridges that Ajimobi have constructed one after the other, do u not have a mission? ur mission is to defend any evil of Ajimobi that is about to be exposed here. If not, why not just read and move on? For u to try to counter every anti-Ajimobi is that not a mission. So if I do not like ur Alpha&Omega governor that allows ppl to die without remorse it shouldn't bother u.
[/s]

Like I said, you are not to be taken seriously..
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

Oga Aresa,why is the truth becoming a bitter pill for you to swallow? You need to do more to earn your wages for this week.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by makeitplain: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
aresa: [s][/s]

U just did what u should ve done in the 1st place, ignore my comment and move on. Just like I never took interest in ur comment until u took interest in mine. Now that u ve learnt to mind ur own business, I can only wish u good luck bro!
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
[s]
makeitplain:

U just did what u should ve done in the 1st place, ignore my comment and move on. Just like I never responded to ur comment until u kind of wanted to talk to me. Anyway good luck bro!
[/s]

Like I said, you are jot to be taken seriously...
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by aresa: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Walelavender:
Oga Aresa,why is the truth becoming a bitter pill for you to swallow? You need to do more to earn your wages for this week.

What was your truth again? Your bogus and deceptively titled thread?

Stop the comedy and concentrate on your love and soft spot for your Jona and your sponsors..
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Ikology(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe: @OP. It is easy to question your intentions and motivation if, as a construction "professional", you represent a temporary pedestrian bridge as "Apete Bridge" in your thread title. You think you are the only construction/built environ "professional" here? The Pedestrian bridge is temporary, as a means to aid pedestrian traffic while the main bridge is under construction, and restrictions was placed on its usage.

If truly a well-trained construction "professional" then your expert knowledge should engage your "professional" inquisitiveness to make you question why the bridge has collapsed, if indeed this is the case, rather than begin making assumption about quality of construction, government "insensitivity" et al. You are just 'reaching' doing that because a genuine construction professional would, as a matter of training, be unlikely to do that. Why not ponder why the pedestrain bridge collapsed, if such happened, so we can all be wiser ?

This is the season of witch-hunting the good guys so that a failed Presidency can sail through and gain another four years in 2015 but let us at least act intelligently via showing we know what obtained under the PDP in the SW before now. What PDP administrators did not do in 8 or more years is now being done in a few years across most States of the SW yet we are now to accept the revisionist "they are all the same" propaganda that is seeking to make a sentimental polity forget how bad the PDP really were in the SW which is now the 'beautiful bride' for 2015? Did we see anything near the scale of infrastructural construction going on today in the SW during the locust years of the PDP? How come the failed PDP never attempted much that is effective yet they are now crying against Ajimobi piously? Ditto for Ogun, Osun et al.

Good luck to you guys and your revisionist blanket condemnation which is really mischief against the APC in my opinion given the advances the APC governors have made in a few years after stagnation of the PDP years. You say you are not partisan but I hope 4 more years for GEJ is worth all this senseless witch-hunt against SW leaders who are performing far better than the PDP administrator they replaced. Sensible posters should ask themselves why this sustained campaign of calumny is now focused on the leaders of the politically pivotal SW alone these days. Dickson, Uduaghan, Elechi, Orji et al have all stopped being abject and misruling mediocrities and it is now only APC SW Governors the entire Nigeria should microscopically focus on? As if we do not know that it has been predicted that turning the people against their leaders, with propaganda and sectional/religious divisiveness, is the PDP's plan to "capture" the SW even as we know they have nothing at all to offer. Formumers should ask why the SW has now turned into Nigeria these days with the so-called 'misrule' of the States in the region being what every Nairalander is focused on lately. Are Nairalanders now all Yorubas from the SW States alone given the discussion trend currently? I dey laff at those , especially myopic SW folks, who cannot see what is going on. "Boy with no shoes" propaganda won't work now, since we know the 'boy' has moved on to 10 airplane and billion naira food plus billions of dollars scamming and corruption while Nigerians starve and die, so it is to initiate a scaremongering campaign, plus impeachment brouhaha, to demonize the opposition leaders who have delivered far better than the PDP ever did in the SW or stand in the way of "GEJ 2015" agenda in the North. Nigeria is a joke and Nigerians themselves are the biggest jesters.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/oyo-govt-completes-new-apete-pedestrian-bridge-promises-another-one-in-two-weeks/

Gibberish as usual, AD,ACN has been on the helm of affairs in your region, stop your fixation on PDP
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by abacus(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Walelavender:
Please you have to try more. I can't just fathom why you won't understand the definition of a bridge. The adjective used to qualify the one I posted earlier was 'pedestrian'. The one under construction is a Reinforced concrete bridge. The first two pictures show the submerged make-shift bridge, while the latter is the RC bridge under construction . Do I need to say this again. Please visit the last thread on this topic and get yourself more informed and stop throwing insult all around.

You posted pictures showing submerged 'make-shift' bridge, the other one under construction.

Among the two, which one is Apete bridge?

Agreed the project is taking too long. But you need to make us take you serious next time on the news, what we expected in the news is not what we read..

Cheers!
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by kennie1312: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: No sight of collapsed bridge! Saw only a massive 4 -Lane bridge under construction!

The makeshift bridge must have been erected to ameliorate and aid movement of people pending the completion of the main bridge!

The Moderators here should be fair to all political parties. (stop inciting people against a performing governor)

Kudos to Ajimobi, What PDP could not do in 12 years they held sway, is being done within 2 years of a progressive government.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by eaglechild: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
ΔΔΔΔ

If you keep defending corruption, then you will suffer for it
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by kennie1312: 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: No sight of collapsed bridge! Saw only a massive 4 -Lane bridge under construction!

The makeshift bridge must have been erected to ameliorate and aid movement of people pending the completion of the main bridge!

The Moderators here should be fair to all political parties. (stop inciting people against a performing governor)

Kudos to Ajimobi, What PDP could not do in 12 years they held sway, is being done within 2 years of a progressive government.
The original bridge collapsed 3years ago and uptill date another bridge has not been constructed.Is 3years not enough to construct a bridge?I live in Apete and I know what i pass through everyday when going out.The truth of the matter is that these our leaders are not considerate enough to we the masses.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Gbawe: 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ikology: Gibberish as usual, AD,ACN has been on the helm of affairs in your region, stop your fixation on PDP

Nomadic cretin always putting their noses where it does not belong. Go and mind your business and your region. Leave others with their issues homeless bum.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
abacus:

You posted pictures showing submerged 'make-shift' bridge, the other one under construction.

Among the two, which one is Apete bridge?

Agreed the project is taking too long. But you need to make us take you serious next time on the news, what we expected in the news is not what we read..

Cheers!

Well I wouldnt know how you want me to present this again. Lets join hands to give these politicians a run for their money. we don't have to fight ourselves because governance requires constructive criticism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari / Oshiomhole: Sagay Says Buhari’s Silence Fueling More Crisis In APC / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari Appears Before Four-Man Panel This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.