Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,141 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (286355 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sorry to burst your bubbles...Geologists are not the main discipline in oil and gas...its well Engineers! grin
Bazinga: what bout Geologist? they are the main discipline in oil and gas companies.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by cutiedave(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Btruth: I think Mech.Engr @ Yaba will be better. My little advice though.
hmm.y do u tink so,many pple hav adviced me to go for mathematics in unilorin
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
@Btruth

My advice for you;
(1)Follow where God says you should go
2)If otherwise,I.e, you don't notice the lead of God,follow your instinct.
3)But humanly speaking btw Unilorin and Yabatech,I beg I tip for University first pass anyother thing,plus your mathematics in the first year can be changed to mech engrg in the second year depending on your performance...and dis Unilorin is a stardard superfast univ like abroad academic calender
4)But btw maths and mech,mech na baba Ooº°˚˚°o
5)In short,go to university....

MyOwnPerspie Ooº°˚˚°o

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sorry@Cutedive

My advice for you;
(1)Follow where God says you should go
2)If otherwise,I.e, you don't notice the lead of God,follow your instinct.
3)But humanly speaking btw Unilorin and Yabatech,I beg I tip for University first pass anyother thing,plus your mathematics in the first year can be changed to mech engrg in the second year depending on your performance...and dis Unilorin is a stardard superfast univ like abroad academic calender
4)But btw maths and mech,mech na baba Ooº°˚˚°o
5)In short,go to university....

MyOwnPerspie Ooº°˚˚°o
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by smudge2079(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
kissQue sera sera! What will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

2.1 is 2.1. whether 3.50 or 4.49. its a range for crying out loud. ur cousin was just fortunate and lucky. his cgpa wasn't the reason why he's had what he's had after service.
I doubt you have ever filled a job application form before. Do you know sumtyms u are asked to state both ur class of degree and the actual grade. Do you know that for you to obtain scholarships from most overseas varsities, you have to provide your transcript? What do you think they want to use it for?. Pls listen to me. I beg in the name of God if you are still an undergraduate don't let anybody fool you....do you even know the thousands of applicants you are fighting with?....if you want to make it in this life, you have to make sure you maximise your chances to the fullest!

7 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Project400: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Why should anyone compare the pay of an Oil & Gas Engineer with that of a Doctor?

Government funds the Hospitals
Oil feed Nigeria.

So who should earn more?

5 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Olutola88(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

2.1 is 2.1. whether 3.50 or 4.49. its a range for crying out loud. ur cousin was just fortunate and lucky. his cgpa wasn't the reason why he's had what he's had after service.
please, don't say that again. 2.1 get category. I know a lot of organizations that will ask for you final CGPA during job application. Some coys will ask for it during the hiring process while some send test invites 1st to those that finished with first class and the ones with CGPA of 4.0 and above. When it comes to scholarship awards, your CGPA counts. Talking about gaining admission for masters in reputable universities of the world, your CGPA matters again. How on earth would you rate a candidate with 3.51 same as one that finished with a 4.40

5 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Luvdmx(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
grin grin

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Amhappy(f): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
What you earns will depend on who you are working for. The richest guys are the Industralist and Politicians every other person are just fighting for the left over.

4 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Donsky1992(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
so no need to read law in skul na
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
what of optometrist
What is there chance of getting a good job
What is there salary range in different work environments
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Caseless: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Of course you can still hit it big esp when u become a professor
u mentioned those frm engineering without reference to geology/geoscience; ppl much more concerned with oil and gas. Sms!

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mblem: am not really after the money..... lecturing till dead do us apart.. first to comment shaa
Which money are you not after?
I m also a lecturer. But a part time one.
Why I didn't take up a full time is cos of their poor pay!
Now, I combine graphic works making with lecturing...
That's how I balance my account.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Exmay(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros e no get as belle go use worry malu(cow) make e slim reach goat. An entry level engineer in IOC earns more dan d CMD of any hospital in nigeria.
Bros and you really believe wetin u typed above Y U think sey JOHESU wan die to reach the postgringringrin
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Caseless: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
How come? You have 2 degrees?
they'r done together in some university.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
caseless: u mentioned those frm engineering without reference to geology/geoscience; ppl much more concerned with oil and gas. Sms!
So geologists are now more important than pet engineers?......you are funny
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by uchennn: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
donwise1: Proud Electrical and Computer Engineer
Make us proud by earning 7 million per annum. Shey you know say no be for mouth

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
caseless: they'r done together in some university.
I only know of electronics and computer eng being done 2gether..... Av never heard of electrical and computer eng
Electronics and electrical are 2 diff things

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by GodMode: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
As long as u have a certificate you can work anywhere but probably not Hospitals, law firms and engineering firms. The company will train you... Its left for u to pass the training.

The important thing in this generation is
I.T skills.
Technical skills.

Every other thing is counterfeit just get the paper.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
agronomist till.....
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Samgreguc(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exmay: Bros and you really believe wetin u typed above Y U think sey JOHESU wan die to reach the postgringringrin
lol
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Caseless: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
how do u seperate them when they both need each other?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Caseless: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
I only know of electronics and computer eng being done 2gether..... Av never heard of electrical and computer eng
Electronics and electrical are 2 diff things
check a.b.u zaria.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by lazinc(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:

FYI no one is more important than the other, they are two different roles. Geologist/Geoscientist is a more specialize role that most IOCs sort after than a Pet Engr which is now a common place.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Btruth: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: hmm.y do u tink so,many pple hav adviced me to go for mathematics in unilorin
I have an Uncle then who study Mecc. Eng. @ Yaba,...though, it could be his brain, but that man has been the best mechanical engineer I had ever known in Nigeria. He attest to it that, the best place to study the course is Yaba. Years later, I've meet people who really certify that Yaba is the best for engineering courses.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Caseless: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros e no get as belle go use worry malu(cow) make e slim reach goat. An entry level engineer in IOC earns more dan d CMD of any hospital in nigeria.
i wan die wit laff grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
Olutola88: please, don't say that again. 2.1 get category. I know a lot of organizations that will ask for you final CGPA during job application. Some coys will ask for it during the hiring process while some send test invites 1st to those that finished with first class and the ones with CGPA of 4.0 and above. When it comes to scholarship awards, your CGPA counts. Talking about gaining admission for masters in reputable universities of the world, your CGPA matters again. How on earth would you rate a candidate with 3.51 same as one that finished with a 4.40
That's just the basic truth! Imagine comparing 3.5 with 4.4....smh
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Olutola88: please, don't say that again. 2.1 get category. I know a lot of organizations that will ask for you final CGPA during job application. Some coys will ask for it during the hiring process while some send test invites 1st to those that finished with first class and the ones with CGPA of 4.0 and above. When it comes to scholarship awards, your CGPA counts. Talking about gaining admission for masters in reputable universities of the world, your CGPA matters again. How on earth would you rate a candidate with 3.51 same as one that finished with a 4.40

your just talking man. ur not informed enough to make this argument.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by abdulkayus(m): 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exmay: Bros and you really believe wetin u typed above Y U think sey JOHESU wan die to reach the postgringringrin

Hw much does a CMD in a government hospital earn per month?
Tel us let us knw, we are all learning here.
Do u knw some entry level in some IOC earn up to 1 million Naira per month, and VC of Federal University earn something like that do.
Mehnñnn, oil money no be joke ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by nerodenero: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Too bad that elementary school teachers that gave these graduates good foundation to earn big in future still earn peanuts.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ziziburna: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
This means there is no hope for those with B.Agric. Cos its not even considered in write ups like the one above.......Nigeria i hail o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.