Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (286117 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by retepmurt(m): 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
I say for the umpteenth time;
THERE IS NO FUTURE IN ANY PROFESSION,THE FUTURE LIES IN THE HANDS OF THE INDIVIDUAL WHO HOLDS THE PROFESSION.

14 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exmay: Bros and you really believe wetin u typed above Y U think sey JOHESU wan die to reach the postgringringrin
I beg to disagree with you on this one. As far as I know what JOHESU is fighting against is the notion of doctors dictating apex of their careers for them as well as their salary structure

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros e no get as belle go use worry malu(cow) make e slim reach goat. An entry level engineer in IOC earns more dan d CMD of any hospital in nigeria.

And who was arguing that one with u?
I only said that entry level docs earn more than what the op said and that only very few of the population of graduate engineers end up in oil companies, what's the bad belle to this fact?

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by luli4life: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Irrespective of your degrees/discipline,pray for the mercies of God to manifest in your dear life becos Ecclesiastes 9:11 Depicts that;I realized another thing, that in this world fast runners do not always win the races, and the brave do not always win the battles. The wise do not always earn a living, intelligent people do not always get rich, and capable people do not always rise to high positions.
NB: the richest people in the world ;likes of bill gates, mark zuckerberg e.t.c are college dropout while the so-called professors with all their degrees are being employed by the college dropout; what an irony of life.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Microbiology and biochemistry should top that list. Those guys can work anywhere even as pharmacists, bankers, labs etc

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Abraham2013(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exmay: Bros and you really believe wetin u typed above Y U think sey JOHESU wan die to reach the postgringringrin
Bros we r talking about legitimate n legal salary, not money gotten 4rm contract kick backs and money 4rm ghost workers.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by luli4life: 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Swiftboy: Sorry to burst your bubbles...Geologists are not the main discipline in oil and gas...its well Engineers! grin

keep dreaming. who explores for the oil and gas that are buried under earth? is it the engineer? go and read more about geology.

#ProudlyGeologist naturally ahead of any engineering discipline

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ogbuchukwuemeka: 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
dat is if God is on your side
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by abdulkayus(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
nerodenero: Too bad that elementary school teachers that gave these graduates good foundation to earn big in future still earn peanuts.

Too bad my guy. Its even less than peanut to be. Imagine a graduate teaching in a public school earning 35000 naira wit family ooooo. Chaiiiii. God dey.
Bt in other countries like US, UK, France, Germany and China pay their teachers very well. In such a primary school teacher teaching there is very very much more comfortable than a banker here that we see are earnin big.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pls can one work in European countries with a masters in agriculture frm a federal institution in NigeriaPls i want d full house to comment on this
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by abdulkayus(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

keep dreaming. who explores for the oil and gas that are buried under earth? is it the engineer? go and read more about geology.

#ProudlyGeologist naturally ahead of any engineering discipline

Keep shut jor. Engineering discipline is ahead of any of u. Especially we Computer engineers, we rule d labour market.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

your just talking man. ur not informed enough to make this argument.
To be frank....seems like u r referring to urself...
Take olutola's message very seriously its for ur own good!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by blackprowler: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mblem: am not really after the money..... lecturing till dead do us apart.. first to comment shaa

May God bless you. Nigeria is in ruin today because our lives have become denominated in naira.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ndidibabe(f): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
noordean: ur first consideration here should b on d certificates,comparing yabatech with a university! irrespective of d course u r gven, unilorin should come first bro
Irrespective of the course? Your suggestion doesn't make any sense to me. Any engineering course in a Polytechnic is better than Yoruba, CRK, International relation, English, Education and the likes in the University.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by hafisville(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
writer....you are lying about your article, geologist in oil and gas (production) earn between 500k-700k as a fresh graduate and servicing companies like harliburton, schlum, baker hughes earn around 200k-250k as a fresh graduate, field allowance not included in the basic.....so find your fact before spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by seunwen2(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
May God help me grin
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
how about political science?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by 234GT(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Biochemistry is the best course sha. You can work almost anywhere! Na like cheat course!

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Sunbellar: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: hmm.y do u tink so,many pple hav adviced me to go for mathematics in unilorin
Boy, go for mathematics in any university and forget everything about poly. Do this so that you will not regret in future.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Olutola88(m): 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
That's just the basic truth! Imagine comparing 3.5 with 4.4....smh
Don't mind them, some people just like consoling themselves. I call it SELF-DECEIT.

I made a mistake of never striving to be the best I can be and I thank God I learnt my lessons very early and not in the hard way.

Most of us are powerful beyond measures but we fail to maximize our potentials. Many of these 1st class graduates got that class of degree not basically because of their exceptional intellectual prowess but because they worked harder than most of us.

When you take IQ tests with them, problem-solving test, analytical and even when you engage in intellectual discussions you'll be amazed to realize you are smarter than many of them. And the Lazy you finished with a weak 2.1 or even a 2.2.

HARDWORK WILL OUTSHINE TALENT IF TALENT SLEEPS

11 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Sunbellar: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
seunwen2: May God help me grin
What's your course?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Exmay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
I beg to disagree with you on this one. As far as I know what JOHESU is fighting against is the notion of doctors dictating apex of their careers for them as well as their salary structure
Lol.. The above is what JOHESU want the public to believe. But Bros, I will have to do injustice to your comment by not addressing it completely. Sorry for that(won't want to derail this thread to JOHESU vs NMA fight)...
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by blackprowler: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
U may be right but it depends on where u r working.......trust me docs working in private hospitals won't agree with you.......but the basic fact still remains that nigerian docs are seriously underpaid.......even if is 2m a year, its still a pathetic figure compared to entry level engineers @shell who earn 6.8m naira/yr despite shell being the lowest paying IOC........not to talk of Total who pays notin less than 10m naira/yr @entry level

What about engineers at Tower Aluminium or some Lebanese or Indian textile or confectionery factory. You guys make me laugh with these simplistic assumptions. What about unemployed engineers? There is no unemployed doctor in Nigeria except he doesn't want to practice at all

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by rudepen(m): 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
#proudlymechanicalengineering... Fellas pls help out..i've bin havin this such n such feelin b0ut doin a direct entry after rounding up ma ND 2 IN laspotech....but then we d0 alot of practical w0rk in laspotech o...ma uncle also z a mech eng grad frm futa n was just suprised at all i knw b0ut machines n cars @level 1,statn dt twaz only wen dey go for deir IT,dat dey were xposed 2 comprehensive practicals.....so shld i just finish in laspotech n go for masters wt some additional proffesional course.....help me wt ur opinions o
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Exmay(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros we r talking about legitimate n legal salary, not money gotten 4rm contract kick backs and money 4rm ghost workers.
I'm actually talking about legitimate income.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by SirAweezy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
What kind of journalist earn 40k-60k per month? Maybe freelancers or baby marketer, I earned 70k(minus other allowances) per month in 2005.. Entry level and 90k 3months Later.. But now the industry has changed you can earn minimum of at atleast 100k at entry level.. Except if you are talking abt Jeko-jeko media house. I'm no more there though.. But my blood still flows within it.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Joshuadon: 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
wat about the [size=15pt]neurologist[/size]
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by pembisco(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
if ur mind went to our drs b4 opnin dis threath clik like. They mst be disapnted im sure cos they tink money revolvs around hospital. Ther der nah

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Exmay(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
rudepen: #proudlymechanicalengineering... Fellas pls help out..i've bin havin this such n such feelin b0ut doin a direct entry after rounding up ma ND 2 IN laspotech....but then we d0 alot of practical w0rk in laspotech o...ma uncle also z a mech eng grad frm futa n was just suprised at all i knw b0ut machines n cars @level 1,statn dt twaz only wen dey go for deir IT,dat dey were xposed 2 comprehensive practicals.....so shld i just finish in laspotech n go for masters wt some additional proffesional course.....help me wt ur opinions o
Pls do direct entry to a university. The fight is definitely on between HND owners and B.sc holders but we don't know what the outcome will be. So kindly err on the safe side by joining the current champions when u still can. Experience/exposure will keep coming for the remaining part of your life... Cheers

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by obeski13(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
U may be right but it depends on where u r working.......trust me docs working in private hospitals won't agree with you.......but the basic fact still remains that nigerian docs are seriously underpaid.......even if is 2m a year, its still a pathetic figure compared to entry level engineers @shell who earn 6.8m naira/yr despite shell being the lowest paying IOC........not to talk of Total who pays notin less than 10m naira/yr @entry level
.how can u compare someone working in a profit making private company with someone working in public institutions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.