Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (286177 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Geologists and engineers on the same pay?!
Seriously? I doubt!

if u dont know ask. u cant know everything
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by mcpat(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: wow,dis sounds nice.bt i need ur advice on dis issue.
i got admitted into yabatech last yr to study mech.eng bt couldn't resume bcus of d poly strike. Bt during d course of d stike,i obtained d jamb form to study mech.eng in unilorin.recently i had to change to mathematics bcus i dident meet mech.eng cutoff mark.
ma question is-should i continue with mech.eng in yaba or mathematics in unilorin?And which has better job opportunities.TANX
bro stick to ur engineering admission..any degree in engineering is better than its equivalent in maths.. OND In Mech would fetch u about 350k per month in an Oil coy and about 200k in a FMCG..do the maths on what u will earn with an HND..
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lol its good to rep what you're studying but will you tell the truth or deny the fact that the actual mining is not done only by geologist? Beside there is more to be done after exploration and mining...there is refining which engineers are extensively responsible for expecially Mechanical and Process engineers
ayusco85:

keep dreaming. who explores for the oil and gas that are buried under earth? is it the engineer? go and read more about geology.

#ProudlyGeologist naturally ahead of any engineering discipline
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lol its good to rep what your discipline but will you tell the truth or deny the fact that the actual mining is not done only by geologist? Beside there is more to be done after exploration and mining...there is refining which engineers are extensively responsible for expecially Mechanical and Process engineers
ayusco85:

keep dreaming. who explores for the oil and gas that are buried under earth? is it the engineer? go and read more about geology.

#ProudlyGeologist naturally ahead of any engineering discipline
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Olutola88(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

your just talking man. ur not informed enough to make this argument.
I laugh is Swahili. I'm talking about things I've known since I was in 200L in the university. I'm currently a youth corper, which means I'm a job seeker. I've also applied for many scholarships and I know a couple of friends that have applied for masters programme in top universities of the world. Gentleman, you need enlightenment!

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
abdulkayus:

Keep shut jor. Engineering discipline is ahead of any of u. Especially we Computer engineers, we rule d labour market.

we are ahead in the pecking order as regards oil and gas, not the labour market
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

if u dont know ask. u cant know everything
My man there is nothing to ask.... Its a fact
And pls all petroleum engineers in the house and their fellow geologists currently working in O&G can pls help us out
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ogtavia(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
rudepen: #proudlymechanicalengineering... Fellas pls help out..i've bin havin this such n such feelin b0ut doin a direct entry after rounding up ma ND 2 IN laspotech....but then we d0 alot of practical w0rk in laspotech o...ma uncle also z a mech eng grad frm futa n was just suprised at all i knw b0ut machines n cars @level 1,statn dt twaz only wen dey go for deir IT,dat dey were xposed 2 comprehensive practicals.....so shld i just finish in laspotech n go for masters wt some additional proffesional course.....help me wt ur opinions o

Well,it depends on ur grade,d fact dt u have ND 2 doesn't mean u can go straight for masters,u must have an HND,then a PGD,then a masters degree,to av a PGD takes about 2 years,then an HND takes about 2 years as well,all in all,assuming u have consecutive admission and barring all strikes,in 4 years u will have obtained ur masters degree,if u decide to take a direct entry and come to the university,you have four years of study,one year of nysc,then straight to masters,so my brother,its ur choice.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by obioraval(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
frankdre: Pls can one work in European countries with a masters in agriculture frm a federal institution in NigeriaPls i want d full house to comment on this
. apply for phd scholarships. Erasmus mundus comes to mind. Very competitive. Proudly an Electrical Engineer. Pursuing Msc in Control Systems Engineering.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
hafisville: writer....you are lying about your article, geologist in oil and gas (production) earn between 500k-700k as a fresh graduate and servicing companies like harliburton, schlum, baker hughes earn around 200k-250k as a fresh graduate, field allowance not included in the basic.....so find your fact before spreading lies.

help me tell this ill informed peeps quoting wrong figures that they conjure up in the head that doesnt reflect the reality on ground. geologsts earn higher than engineers in the oil and gas companies. #Fact

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ideology(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Bazinga: what bout Geologist? they are the main discipline in oil and gas companies.

I was about thinking where the op got his data from,
If Geoscientists and Geophysicist are not on the list, that alone renders this baseless.

Infact sciences have been represented on the write up.

#Teamearthscience

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by tohero(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: wow,dis sounds nice.bt i need ur advice on dis issue.
i got admitted into yabatech last yr to study mech.eng bt couldn't resume bcus of d poly strike. Bt during d course of d stike,i obtained d jamb form to study mech.eng in unilorin.recently i had to change to mathematics bcus i dident meet mech.eng cutoff mark.
ma question is-should i continue with mech.eng in yaba or mathematics in unilorin?And which has better job opportunities.TANX
If you will go for mathematics, I must tell you planning hard like no 2moro should start from your 100L. To come out with 1st class or 2nd class upper is not a bean cake. You must work extremely hard for it. If you are someone who reason hard, its a bonus.

I believe a graduate of mathematics is not limited to specific places when it comes to work. But working chances depends on YOUR VALUE. Being a mathematician with extra knowledges in the IT world ranks you higher than computer science students. Remember, international certificates boost salary values. I don't know if you'v heard of the saying-- mathematicians are better programmers! Which doesn't mean a mathematician is limited to having a prograMming knowledge alone. CCNA, MCSE are among things you can learn. HTML, CSS, JavaScipt, PHP and MYSQL are also languages you can learn on your own(though, they might be tasking), You can go for the international certification when you are vast in the knowledge.

Your choice depends on you and how you foresee your furture. Good luck brother!

3 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Olutola88: I laugh is Swahili. I'm talking about things I've known since I was in 200L in the university. I'm currently a youth corper, which means I'm a job seeker. I've also applied for many scholarships and I know a couple of friends that have applied for masters programme in top universities of the world. Gentleman, you need enlightenment!

and u think am a jambite? when i graduated u were probably at home writing jamb undecided. u dont know everything man. ur just unlucky. some 3rd class graduates have gotten better jobs than some first class graduates. #Comprende? *in T-bags voice*

3 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mblem: am not really after the money..... lecturing till dead do us apart.. first to comment shaa
Bros I hope it is not English u lecture

3 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by tohero(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
ndidibabe: Irrespective of the course? Your suggestion doesn't make any sense to me. Any engineering course in a Polytechnic is better than Yoruba, CRK, International relation, English, Education and the likes in the University.
I don't think I can agree with you on English, International relation and maybe Yoruba.
These are knowledge that are not directed towards a specific field. Holders are liable to work at numerous places.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Swiftboy: Lol its good to rep what you're studying but will you tell the truth or deny the fact that the actual mining is not done only by geologist? Beside there is more to be done after exploration and mining...there is refining which engineers are extensively responsible for expecially Mechanical and Process engineers

do u accept the fact that geologist have more value than petroleum engineers in the oil and gas companies? u think exploration is beans? any mistake can cost ur firm millions of dollars

4 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by idu1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
noordean: Mblem i tink w r on d same page here,lecturing till d end. even if it's a college of education i ll start with, i dnt mind. am a graduate of physics,oau.
that's nice sir. We need people like u. U are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
ideology:

I was about thinking where the op got his data from,
If Geoscientists and Geophysicist are not on the list, that alone renders this baseless.

Infact sciences have been represented on the write up.

#Teamearthscience

dont mind the OP, i dont know his source of information. he probably is an engineer dreaming of working in an oil and gas company. Geoscientist and Geophysicist are the back bone of every oil and gas company.
#ProudlyGeologistAndMiner

6 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Olutola88(m): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

and u think am a jambite? when i graduated u were probably at home writing jamb undecided. u dont know everything man. ur just unlucky. some 3rd class graduates have gotten better jobs than some first class graduates. #Comprende? *in T-bags voice*
Is there anyone that knows it all? Never possible! I only talked about enlightenment cause of the way you sounded, I meant no offence. As for the 3rd class people that have better jobs; it's very possible. I'm not of the school of thought that believes class of degree is directly proportional to success. I only quoted your comment because of what you said “2.1 is 2.1, whether 3.5 or 4.49”. #Shalom

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

Huh? For d fact that you are graduate makes it more surprising that u still don't know much about what's going on

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by gistmelove(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Graduate of electronics and computer engr..
But now online marketer!!!
Earning 100k per month and also a blogger..

Annual earning 1.2m

the funniest part be say na with my third class degress oo... But Aliamudulilahi Allah is fully involved in my life!!

6 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
ARES:
Bros I hope it is not English u lecture
Lawd! Some pipo have sharp eye sight sha!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
What about Forensic doctors?, you mean nothing for us at all, even one naira p/a? So I should stay put here ni?

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Olutola88: Is there anyone that knows it all? Never possible! I only talked about enlightenment cause of the way you sounded, I meant no offence. As for the 3rd class people that have better jobs; it's very possible. I'm not of the school of thought that believes class of degree is directly proportional to success. I only quoted your comment because of what you said “2.1 is 2.1, whether 3.5 or 4.49”. #Shalom

what i was trying to say was, success isnt tied to ur graduating cgpa. u were emphasizing on the fact that ur cousin with a 4point cgpa is riding on the success ladder because of the gp he graduated with. was trying to let u know that its not in all cases. Gods favour, luck and destiny play a bigger role than ur gp. and btw i finished with a 2.1. not upto 4point though, but close. so i know what am talking about

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Huh? For d fact that you are graduate makes it more surprising that u still don't know much about what's going on

i know whats going on bros. am talking out of experience. ur cgpa is not what determines ur success or the height u attain in life. a high cgpa is good but its not the ultimate determinant.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by NeuroBoss(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
If it is about the money involved then compare this:
Chukwudi started spare part importation business in 2002 with a #50 000 seed money from his uncle. Today, he imports 40 containers monthly which are even sold out on the high sea. He makes at least 1 million naira profit on each container sold. He lives in a Lekki semi-detached duplex and have a range of exotic cars. Which Engineer or Doctor could beat that?

10 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Olutola88(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

what i was trying to say was, success isnt tied to ur graduating cgpa. u were emphasizing on the fact that ur cousin with a 4point cgpa is riding on the success ladder because of the gp he graduated with. was trying to let u know that its not in all cases. Gods favour, luck and destiny play a bigger role than ur gp. and btw i finished with a 2.1. not upto 4point though, but close. so i know what am talking about
you are mistaking me for the OP. I was not the one that talked about my cousin that studied mathematics, the OP did
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by zyzxx(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
what of statistic student?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by myspnigeria: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is setious
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Am done with this! grin
ayusco85:

do u accept the fact that geologist have more value than petroleum engineers in the oil and gas companies? u think exploration is beans? any mistake can cost ur firm millions of dollars
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

i know whats going on bros. am talking out of experience. ur cgpa is not what determines ur success or the height u attain in life. a high cgpa is good but its not the ultimate determinant.
We are all saying the same its just that what I was only chipping in is that in this life its still advisable for one to MAXIMIZE HIS/HER CHANCES OF GETTING LUCKY....dazzol
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by PrettyClare7(f): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
pls except a lawyer is stil being tutored in procedural law ,they make money. Thos in firms get upto 350k monthly n thos hu own chambers, do nt collect less than 350k to go on appeal @ OP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.