Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,175 members, 7,903,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Random Facts About Ebonyi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Facts About Ebonyi (33318 Views)

Pictures : Random Pictures Of The Nigerian Air-force / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Another random fact: Ebonyi girls p*ssy can be so tight and sweet but they are never faithful.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Unu Jokwa o!

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by wheesin(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
Trendy4gud:
Ok no kwams, you can still visit now to enjoy their rice. It has gone int'l

undecided abakpa rice or kpirikpiri rice..chai still rmember my childhood..running around wit tyres wearing only pant undecided
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2014
lawanson44: Another random fact: Ebonyi girls p*ssy can be so tight and sweet but they are never faithful.

*blink*
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Donmarrius: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
I had thought Ebonyi has Oil deposit.Enlighten us the more.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by IzyLuv(f): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Dannylux:

Yeah, I know about that but that wasn't his point. Those things aren't taken into consideration when it comes to Federal Universities of these aforementioned states.

Ok.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by sol2galay: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Afam4eva:
Bia, what are you hissing for?

Bia Afam4eva obu onye ebee? Adim sure na ibu onye ebonyi south.

Let me tell you people,ebonyi south and abia north senatorial district are the same nothing different,only creation of state put them apart.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ihuomadinihu: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2014
Abiagirl777:

yesterday in imo state,i met a woman who kept on speakin my dialect ALAYI,BENDE LGA,was so happy i met a sister not untill she told me she was frm OKPOSI in Ebonyi,i marvelled.i mean word for word,no difference.could it be we share de same bloodline
A dialect dat other LGA'S in Abia state don't undastand.
NWANNE DI NA MBA! Maka chukwu
Ebonyi and Abia are virtually d same. Abia girl, kaa wo.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by vanndubi: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2014
Titiluvly: Unu Jokwa o!

Sister me, Jokwa o. Nda nke ubochi di?

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nazcoj(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2014
maxmyluv: I did my service in Idembia-Ezza. Nice people with lots of agricultural products. I say "tokwehu" to the Ezza people

That's my Village... Umunwagu, Idembia Onueke...*smiles*
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by amanze15(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2014
MY professor of geology would always say,"ebonyi.. state of the fried shale".. grin
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nazcoj:

That's my Village... Umunwagu, Idembia Onueke...*smiles*
welcome bro I'm from Ekka community.
Another fact is that Ebonyi children have represented nigeria twice in international school debates.
Where are the muffus here?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by fairheven: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Abiagirl777:

yesterday in imo state,i met a woman who kept on speakin my dialect ALAYI,BENDE LGA,was so happy i met a sister not untill she told me she was frm OKPOSI in Ebonyi,i marvelled.i mean word for word,no difference.could it be we share de same bloodline
A dialect dat other LGA'S in Abia state don't undastand.
NWANNE DI NA MBA! Maka chukwu
Abia girl,wt part of bende are u from?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Abiagirl777(f): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
Ebonyi and Abia are virtually d same. Abia girl, kaa wo.

we greet JOKWA or NDAA
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Abiagirl777(f): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
fairheven:
Abia girl,wt part of bende are u from?
e
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Classicman47(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
biggiyke: Patoranking: Born Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie. From Ebonyi State.
bro where did u get dis from
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by fairheven: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Abiagirl777:

ALAYI,i mentioned it up there

@Abiagirl.won't u even aknowldge or reciprocate? Not a good sister sad
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by johndavid1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2014

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by plendil: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Well, I've been in Ebonyi State for about 4 years now and compared to the other Eastern States I've lived in, Enugu and Anambra, the indigies are very peaceful, hospitable people.

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ihuomadinihu: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Abiagirl777:

we greet JOKWA or NDAA
Am only saying that JOKWA or NDAA or KAA are used in Both States. You should have greeted back though.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Abiagirl777(f): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
Am only saying that JOKWA or NDAA or KAA are used in Both States. You should have greeted back though.

okoo!
Jokwa!,o kwa obi adila gi nma?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by biggiyke(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Classicman47:
bro where did u get dis from

i didnt get it. i just know. long time ago.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ihuomadinihu: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Abiagirl777:

okoo!
Jokwa!,o kwa obi adila gi nma?
Ehen,Obi adila nu m nma.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trustyd1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=passion007]Akanu Ibiam
Akanu Ibiam (1906–1995) was a distinguished medical missionary who was appointed Governor of Eastern Region, Nigeria from December 1960 until January 1966 during the Nigerian First Republic.[1] From 1919 to 1951, he was known as Francis Ibiam, and from 1951 to 1967, Sir Francis Ibiam.
Following the war, Ibiam continued work on reconstruction and hospital service. Ibiam was responsible for the Bible Society of Nigeria and the Christian Medical Fellowship. He became a president of the All Africa Conference of Churches.[3]

Ibiam died in December 1995. More than 20,000 people attended his funeral in Unwana.[8] The Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, the Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State, and the Francis Akanu Ibiam stadium University of Nigeria, Nsukka are named after him.

John Ogbu:
Born in the village of Umudome in Ebonyi State, John Uzo Ogbu (May 9, 1939 – 20 August 2003) was a Nigerian-American anthropologist and professor known for his theories on observed phenomena involving race and intelligence, especially how race and ethnic differences played out in educational and economic achievement. He suggested that being a "caste-like minority" affects motivation and achievement, depressing IQ scores. He also concluded that some students did poorly because high achievement was considered "acting white" among their peers. Ogbu was also involved in the 1996 controversy surrounding the use of African American Vernacular English in public schools in Oakland, California. The 2000 book Eminent Educators: Studies in Intellectual Influence focused on him as one of "four intellectual giants of the 20th century."
He died in 2003 after suffering from a post-surgery heart attack at the Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center. He is survived by his wife, Marcellina Ada Ogbu, and his children Elizabeth, Nnanna, Grace, Cecilia, and Christina. He was buried in Nigeria.

Prince Nick Mbarga
Prince Nico Mbarga (1 January 1950 – 24 June 1997) was a highlife musician, born to a Nigerian mother and a Cameroonian father in Abakaliki, Nigeria. He is renowned for his hit song "Sweet Mother", recorded with his band Rocafil Jazz.
Although he only recorded one significant hit, "Sweet Mother," in 1976, which sold more than 13 million copies (and which is recognised as one of Africa's greatest songs), Mbarga played an important role in the evolution of African popular music. With his soulful vocals set to the light melodies of his acoustic guitar, Mbarga created a unique hybrid of Igbo and Congolese guitar playing and uplifting highlife rhythms. He formed his own group, Rocafil Jazz, to perform regularly at the Plaza Hotel in the eastern Nigerian city of Onitsha.

After releasing a disappointing single in 1973, Mbarga and Rocafil Jazz had their first success with their second single, I No Go Marry My Papa, which became a regional hit. The band's inability to break past their local following resulted in their recording contract being dropped by EMI, a decision that proved ill-fortuned when the band signed with Rogers All Stars, a Nigerian recording company based in Onitsha, and recorded "Sweet Mother".[1]

Sung in Pidgin English, "Sweet Mother" became one of the top sellers in the history of Nigerian music. In the six years that Mbarga and Rocafil Jazz remained with Rogers All Stars, 1975 to 1981, they recorded nine albums.

I can't believe this write.up will end without mentioning the likes of Prof. Aja Nwachukwu, Dr. Ogbonaya Onu, Dr Pius Anyim. Aja Nwachukwu junior. Etc
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by passion007: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
^
Skipping Aja Nwachukwu was an oversight
But I deliberately didn't mention the rest who got to fame on the wings of PDP
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trustyd1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
vanndubi:

This one you are not Igbo and you grew up that side, learning Afikpo dialect will be an uphill task. All the same, it will good to understand "tiko tiko" (apoco apoco, little by little, small small) smiley

Before I forget, Afikpo people are the most cultured people in Igboland. They are just unfortunate to be in the same state with people that are somewhat backward undecided oops

Akanu Ibiam himself master minded the creation of Ebonyi state. A state named after the ebonyi river that flows round the state. I'm from Onicha. So there's nothing unfortunate there. Though we're the minority but maybe AfiaOha state will be better. Afikpo and Ohaozara.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by chidexy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
smileandlove: ok #amaenu okposi

Isi ewe na Amenu? Onu avor?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by fclala: 2:26am On Jul 23, 2014
God bless Onicha igboeze, God bless old Ohaozara, God bless Afikpo zone, God bless Ebonyi south, God bless Ebonyi state, God bless Igbo land and God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by vanndubi: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Trustyd1:

Akanu Ibiam himself master minded the creation of Ebonyi state. A state named after the ebonyi river that flows round the state. I'm from Onicha. So there's nothing unfortunate there. Though we're the minority but maybe AfiaOha state will be better. Afikpo and Ohaozara.

I don't have probs with Ohaozara, Onicha or Edaa. My probs is that other part that came from Old Enugu state. matching with them is like doing right-left, right-left instead of left-right, left-right undecided
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nazcoj(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
achi4u: welcome bro I'm from Ekka community.
Another fact is that Ebonyi children have represented nigeria twice in international school debates.
Where are the muffus here?

U can say dt again bro. Proudly EBONYIAN
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by fairheven: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Trustyd1:

Was akanu ibiam alive wen ebonyi was created? Idont get u on that?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by afm4ever(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2014
i was born and breed in ebonyi abakaliki to be precise though am an anambrarian i love dat state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uduaghan Congratulates Fayemi Amidst Defection Rumour / Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity / Tein T.S Jack Rich Visits Jonathan, Commiserates With Him Over Aide's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.