Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,177 members, 7,903,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:52 PM

Random Facts About Ebonyi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Facts About Ebonyi (33321 Views)

Pictures : Random Pictures Of The Nigerian Air-force / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trendy4gud(f): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
wheesin:

undecided abakpa rice or kpirikpiri rice..chai still rmember my childhood..running around wit tyres wearing only pant undecided

Hahahaha that's when you still have your innocence
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by jerrykho(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Trustyd1:
Akanu Ibiam himself master minded the creation of Ebonyi state. A state named after the ebonyi river that flows round the state. I'm from Onicha. So there's nothing unfortunate there. Though we're the minority but maybe AfiaOha state will be better. Afikpo and Ohaozara.
I rep Umuniko Isu Onicha

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by meforyou1(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
berem: no wahala! Its all good.

I thought Mbonu Ojike is from Ebonyi State? Am I right?
it's rochas okorocha that is from ebonyi
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by MztrChukwu(m): 4:30am On Jul 28, 2014
vanndubi:

Kpeb! Nwannaa jokwa o. Can you imagine, they are saying that we are lazy with the hands and mouths with which they use in eating Afikpo and Abakaliki rice, yam etc.

To date, I've not seen or heard of Owerri or Awka or Enugu or Umuahia rice grin grin grin

Blood brother e taya me ooo... I jas weak for their mata

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trustyd1(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2014
fairheven:
Was akanu ibiam alive wen ebonyi was created? Idont get u on that?

No he was dead before the creation of the state.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Trustyd1(m): 10:22am On Jul 28, 2014
jerrykho: I rep Umuniko Isu Onicha

Me, Ogaranya Isu. Agbebo
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Bonaventura(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2014
vanndubi:

I don't have probs with Ohaozara, Onicha or Edaa. My probs is that other part that came from Old Enugu state. matching with them is like doing right-left, right-left instead of left-right, left-right undecided
Mr. I don't fathom anything in what you're saying. I'm from Ntezi, Ishielu that was once part of Enugu.
I don't really get what you are saying.
Are you trying to discriminate within the same Ebonyi?

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by vanndubi: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bonaventura:
Mr. I don't fathom anything in what you're saying. I'm from Ntezi, Ishielu that was once part of Enugu.

Just watch out for the electric cables next time you go tapping grin grin grin
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bonaventura:
That's one problem with those people from Ebonyi south,they always want to claim more Superior entity than the rest of the state. But they will quickly clig to defend Ebonyi state when it suit them and at the same time denying Ebonyi when its didn't favor him.
As an Ezza man nobody is better than me.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Solupeace: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
achi4u: That's one problem with those people from Ebonyi south,they always want to claim more Superior entity than the rest of the state. But they will quickly clig to defend Ebonyi state when it suit them and at the same time denying Ebonyi when its didn't favor him.
As an Ezza man nobody is better than me.
I have silently followed you not just in this topic but also in others especially as it relates to Ebonyi state. I must confess that I admire your constructive arguments. I'm from Okposi,I was born in Abakaliki (I had my primary school in Nkaliki and my secondary School at Presco, now Abakaliki High School) and I'm married to an Ezza lady from Ezema, Onueke. I have given you this background to assure you that whenever you hear or see such discrimination it should be taken as a complex. I have interacted with people during my university days and my working life to understand that Abakaliki bloc of Ebonyi state still remains one of the brightest people in Nigeria-I'm a product of it. I wish to meet you someday to appreciate your forthrightness in the midst of whores in this forum.

My fellow Ebonyians, whoever that sells his brother for one kobo is not worth more than that!

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by passion007: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bonaventura:

Nwoke Ishielu, I mee ekaa?
I'm from Ikem, Isi Uzo LGA in Enugu State.
Ishielu folks are very enterprising, hospitable and generous, and that inspired me to start this thread.
If not for arbitrary state creation, Isi Uzo esp Eha Amufu areas and Ishielu are homogenous.
Nkwo Nkalagu, Ahor Ezillo are very remarkable markets.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Solupeace:
I have silently followed you not just in this topic but also in others especially as it relates to Ebonyi state. I must confess that I admire your constructive arguments. I'm from Okposi,I was born in Abakaliki (I had my primary school in Nkaliki and my secondary School at Presco, now Abakaliki High School) and I'm married to an Ezza lady from Ezema, Onueke. I have given you this background to assure you that whenever you hear or see such discrimination it should be taken as a complex. I have interacted with people during my university days and my working life to understand that Abakaliki bloc of Ebonyi state still remains one of the brightest people in Nigeria-I'm a product of it. I wish to meet you someday to appreciate your forthrightness in the midst of whores in this forum.

My fellow Ebonyians, whoever that sells his brother for one kobo is not worth more than that!
you are welcome my brother, togetherness we will built a greater Ebonyi state.
Let us not divide our little young state which happen to be blessed with so many blessing.
Thanks my new inlaw.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Bonaventura(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Solupeace:

The unfortunate Ebonyi South and North divide is one of the major challenges that confronts our Ebonyi student union here in my school in the North here.
Onye ajuru ekwesighi iju onwe ya.
The other Igbo state discriminate against us why do we have to be prejudicial to ourselves.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Bonaventura(m): 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
passion007:

Nwoke Ishielu, I mee ekaa?
I'm from Ikem, Isi Uzo LGA in Enugu State.
Ishielu folks are very enterprising, hospitable and generous, and that inspired me to start this thread.
If not for arbitrary state creation, Isi Uzo esp Eha Amufu areas and Ishielu are homogenous.
Nkwo Nkalagu, Ahor Ezillo are very remarkable markets.
Adim ree! Thanks for that auspicious compliment.
I owe you one keg of fresh Ntezi palm wine.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by bokoslayer: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
DrWise: Nobody is mentioning Ebonyi's huge agricultural heritage and the enviable table land God has blessed them with. I served in Abakaliki High School (Presco) and lived at Nnorom street adjacent Federal Secretariat.

Ebonyians are quite discriminatory and would try to rob you if they discover you are a stranger. Ghostly town where 7pm is like 1am. I miss Fati Lami Park.

DrWise, reveal thyself. Could see you served in Ebonyi about the same time I was in that zone. I lived very close to Nnorom. I am sending you a PM, we may have met before.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
bokoslayer:

DrWise, reveal thyself. Could see you served in Ebonyi about the same time I was in that zone. I lived very close to Nnorom. I am sending you a PM, we may have met before.

@Bokoslayer. Sure we have met before as long you stayed near Nnorom. I resided in PRESCO and was the Cadet Registrar of the NYSC Road Safety Club.

I cannot read PMs on this e-mail. Kindly contact me on fynewaka22@yahoo.com.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by SalC: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
Afam4eva:
The bolded is the town where Cameroonian footballer, Samuel Etoo comes from.
Seriously?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Aniekwe1: 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Are Ebonyi and Abia related? I think so,similar culture and dialect. Parts of Ebonyi was created out of Abia.
U ARE CORRECT....EDDA;AFIKPO;OHAOZARA & ISHIAGU WERE ONCE IN ABIA..INFACT THE WHOLE OF EBONYI SOUTH WHERE ONCE IN ABIA.EDDA &OHAFIA SPEAK SIMILAR LANGUAGE WITH ALMOST THE SAME CULTURE AND KINS
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
0merta:
Along with states like Zamfara, Jigawa and Yobe, Ebonyi is also ranked by the Federal Ministry of Education as an Educationally Less developed State (ELDS) and therefore, Indigenes of the state require lesser marks to get admitted into Federal Universities, other Federal higher institutions and Unity Schools...

That's a fact too! grin grin grin
APPRECIATE THE GOOD THINGS IN PEOPLE AND YOU WILL LIVE LONG..ENJOY!
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rudebwoy:
So una mean say those fine girls wey I see for frontpage na from ABAKELEKE? grin grin grin
There are from Ebonyi....i guess either u're from anambra or Enugu...u guys have tgis misconception about ebonyi.let me educate u a bit.Ebonyi was formed from two states enugu and abia.the enugu part was the abakaliki area while the abia part was from afikpo region..now within these regions u have other places which speak different dialect from them.is just that they're the main cities and there are 13 LGA in ebonyi with abakaliki as one..so note that all people from ebonyi dont mean abakaliki

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
Classicman47:
bro where did u get dis from
thats true bro...u can check goggle
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ohaozara: 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
passion007:
Ebonyi is recognised as having an total of 9 languages, all of which are actually Igbo dialects. They are: Afikpo, Mgbo, Izzi, Ezza, Ikwo Kukele, Legbo, Mbembe, Oringare.
Which of the languages our own (Ohaozara) come fall into na? Never heard of these languages ooo...
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2022

My family isn't happy with me for dating an Igbo guy, and for some reason the fact that his family is from Ebonyi somehow made it worse. I grew up in the diaspora, so tribalism has never made and never will make any sense to me. I already told them I love him so they should just deal with it.

So... who wants to teach me my future husband's dialect?? cheesy

Did u still get married to him ?? wink This 2022
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Akudaisi: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ebonyi no be today oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Udogu Slumps And Dies (Rivers Police Deputy Spokesman) / Daniel Bwala Celebrates Meeting President Tinubu In Saudi Arabia / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Abuja (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.