Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,400 members, 7,908,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:52 PM

Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing (65057 Views)

Engine Number And Chassis Number For Mercedes Benz C220 / Tokunbo 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sports (Long Chassis) Asking Price Now: N1m / Free VIN/Chassis Number Checks For All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by barry06(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2008
hi seun,

well done for the good works.
actually i have been a member since 2006, hence the surfix 06.

i want to know whether VIN numbers are same as CHASIS NO. If NO.
THEN where can i find VIN number on a vehicle?

thank you.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2008
barry06:

hi seun,

well done for the good works.
actually i have been a member since 2006, hence the surfix 06.

i want to know whether VIN numbers are same as CHASIS NO. If NO.
THEN where can i find VIN number on a vehicle?

thank you.
Yes, VIN number is the same as chassis no.
Good luck,
Igwe
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by jemilady: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2008
Kindly assist to check pls urgent

JTDBR32E770131476

Thanks
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2008
jemilady:

Kindly assist to check please urgent

JTDBR32E770131476

Thanks
I guess you missed road. check out this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-206979.32.html
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by shobiz567: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
Its good to know people are concerned about the history of the car, however i believe checking the realiability of the car by test driving the car is very important because i work with Honda in miami florida and sell brand new cars. I have seen a lot of cars with good history that develop serious porblems and a lot of these cars you call "accidented" cars are not what you think it is.
Im gonna shed more light into it because we Nigerians are just one way people. First of all an accidented report on a title is just saying that your insurance on the vehicle would go up when you try to insure it. Second no matter how small the dent is, even if it’s a fender bender, it is taking into consideration because there is a lotta of insurance fraud going on in the states here, thats why its recorded. These records do not actually mean the car was in a serious accident. Now there is also a DMV. That certifies these cars safe for driving after they have been fixed. I want to confidently tell you that 80% of all the cars in the states have been in one fender bender of the other but not all is recorded on the title. So the question to you is does your Vin check validate the reliability of your car.? I don’t think so. To all the buyers please confidently check the car and test drive is to make sure its in good condition. vin check or no vin check.
Now to all to all those who have never been to the states and feel all they can do is to bad mouth fellow Nigerians trying to make a little money and put food on the table for their families, its time to shut up and get a life. All the cars been sold in Nigeria today are all sold below cost price and there is no way dealers can make a dime if they don’t buy from the auction. These car dealers go through a lot to get these deals and there is no seller on this naira land that can confidently tell me they do not buy cars from the auction be it iaai, copart, sadisco , and so on just name it all.
This is just to make all the buyers aware that regardless of whatever the title says please test drive that car and have a mechanic double check it to make sure all is well. I love this site, proud to be a Nigerian and im happy this is the EBay for Nigerians. Have a good xmas guys. ;-)
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
shobiz567:

Its good to know people are concerned about the history of the car, however i believe checking the realiability of the car by test driving the car is very important because i work with Honda in miami florida and sell brand new cars. I have seen a lot of cars with good history that develop serious porblems and a lot of these cars you call "accidented" cars are not what you think it is.
    I'm going to shed more light into it because we Nigerians are just one way people. First of all an accidented report on a title is just saying that your insurance on the vehicle would go up when you try to insure it. Second no matter how small the dent is, even if it’s a fender bender, it is taking into consideration because there is a lotta of insurance fraud going on in the states here, thats why its recorded. These records do not actually mean the car was in a serious accident. Now there is also a DMV. That certifies these cars safe for driving after they have been fixed. I want to confidently tell you that 80% of all the cars in the states have been in one fender bender of the other but not all is recorded on the title. So the question to you is does your Vin check validate the reliability of your car.? I don’t think so. To all the buyers please confidently check the car and test drive is to make sure its in good condition.  vin check or no vin check.
   Now to all to all those who have never been to the states and feel all they can do is to bad mouth fellow Nigerians trying to make a little money and put food on the table for their families, its time to shut up and get a life. All the cars been sold in Nigeria today are all sold below cost price and there is no way dealers can make a dime if they don’t buy from the auction. These car dealers go through a lot to get these deals and there is no seller on this naira land that can confidently tell me they do not buy cars from the auction be it iaai, copart, sadisco ,  and so on just name it all.
   This is just to make all the buyers aware that regardless of whatever the title says please test drive that car and have a mechanic double check it to make sure all is well. I love this site, proud to be a Nigerian and I'm happy this is the EBay  for Nigerians. Have a good xmas guys. ;-)

Your point on physical inspections sounds as pretty good as having the VIN to facilitate/confirm your findings and also attest to the stated odometer reading but, What do you think on Pre-order system,since one acts based on the VIN reports, pictures and the testimony of the seller, is it advisable to bid and even commit our time and money without the physical inspection?
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by shobiz567: 12:25am On Dec 23, 2008
Hi Igwe,
Business is based on trust and referrals; the pre-order system is great because you can actually tell the seller what you want, in terms of color, make, model and specifications, however since a physical inspection cannot be done prior to shipping the car I would recommend that the seller takes the car to any car dealership in the states and do a diagnostic test with a machine by plugging it into the car, its actually free to do it if they take it to any auto parts store. This is a simple computer unit that checks for any mechanical fault in the car, it detects codes and check engine light on the car and also tells you the unit to change, and this could be fixed prior to shipping for the customer. I personally have the unit and its costs about $300.00 and I think most mechanics in Naija need it because these new cars cannot be fixed with trial and error.
On arrival of the car to Nigeria, the car should also be inspected physically before a final payment is made. Most of the cars I send are pre-ordered and all my customers are happy because I take my time to inspect the car before shipment.
Trust and buyer confidence plays a big role in pre-order system of a car but if a buyer is not sure they can always go through a source that has provided such service and people know they always deliver.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by jazzsoul: 1:38am On Dec 23, 2008
The Vin # history will not capture an accident that is not reported to the insurance company and thus no insurance claim. An owner might decide to fix a vehicle damage out of pocket because his insurance premium will be increased after filing a claim or the insurance coverage can even be cancelled.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by shobiz567: 2:01am On Dec 23, 2008
I Agree with you jazzsoul. Some of the cars that have a clean title might have also been in minor accidents and not reported on the title. My main point is to educate all buyers that rebuilt title or clean title, always do an inspecton on the car to make sure it runs fine and then you can make your judgement if you want it or not. Buyers should not just base buying cars on Just VIN check, because that is going to take a lot of attention of the performance of the car and focus on the papers.
What good is the title or VIN check if the car has engine problems.?. Based on the little i've read on comments posted, i think buyers shld switch their mindset of the vin check a little and focus on the performance of the car being sold to them.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by jazzsoul: 2:54am On Dec 23, 2008
You captured my sentiments exactly Shobiz567. I know of a 2-month old 2007 S80 that was involved in a single car fender bender. The owner chose to replace the front bumper from his own funds instead of filing an insurance claim because of the insurance implications down the road. If that car comes to this forum in the future, then it will be erroneously assumed that it had never been in an accident.

The Vin history should not be the only factor that speaks to the condition of a car. The Vin is probably a more valuable tool to help prospective buyers determine that they are not buying a car that has been reported stolen.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2008
Thanks to all,
I can see we all are saying the same thing.
For me, VIN helps to reveal the worst  condition of a car before inspection while  price and personal choice play a veritable role, finally luck another ultimate player comes in.
Wish you all merry Xmas

Igwe
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by aliyuabu: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2008
Please could you help me check the details of car with VIN # JNRAS08W15X205431. Kindly include the engine #? Thanks
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by grade: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2008
Seun,you have taken a great decision that will protect all.The VIN issue is a serious matter.Let people go through this section knowing that they are actually looking at a car,not a paper tiger.After all,na money mata,
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by samihook: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
Dear Brother

Kindly Help mw with these VIN

With alots of thanks and Have a Happy New Year

WBAAM3347YCB22471
WBAAM33474CA92257
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by monef(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2009
you can also try selling your products on www.boostsale.com
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by lomaxbien(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
HEY GUYS UP FOR SALE IS A HONDA (1995)BULLDOG, GOLD COLOURED EXTERIOR AND BROWN INTERIOR,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH A WELL SERVICED ENGINE AND A LOW MILIAGE.
A FORD WINDSTER 1999 .
DARK GREEN EXTERIOR AND A CREAM COLOUS INTERIOR,
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TINTED GLASS
BOTH RIDES HAVE FACTORY FITTED ACCONDITIONER AND JUST HAD THEM SHIPPED FROM AMERICAN.PICTURES WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.
FOR INSPECTION PLZ CALL 08038393151
LOMAXBIEN
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2009
lomaxbien:

HEY GUYS UP FOR SALE IS A HONDA (1995)BULLDOG, GOLD COLOURED EXTERIOR AND BROWN INTERIOR,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH A WELL SERVICED ENGINE AND A LOW MILIAGE.
A FORD WINDSTER 1999 .
DARK GREEN EXTERIOR AND A CREAM COLOUS INTERIOR,
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TINTED GLASS
BOTH RIDES HAVE FACTORY FITTED ACCONDITIONER AND JUST HAD THEM SHIPPED FROM AMERICAN.PICTURES WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.
FOR INSPECTION PLZ CALL 08038393151
LOMAXBIEN
Better delete this your post and create a separate thread for it.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by samihook: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2009
Hi Bro

Can you kindly check this VIN for me: WBAFA53531LM74369

WITH MANY THANKS
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2009
Nobody checks VINs here.Look out for free Vin check threads.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Ukpekeson(m): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2009
igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by OliveB(f): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2009
Confident Lifestyle Network is organising, “Empowering the Naija Dream”
Own
BRAND NEW LAPTOP for N20,000
BRAND NEW KIA RIO CAR for N250,000
BRAND NEW HOME APPLIANCES for N100,000
See poster for details. Or www.clsn./
Call:
Olive: 07025411423, Victor: 08029879354

Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by okhai(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2009
Please kindly help me check this VIN: JMITA2218X150082

Kind regards
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2009
If you are new in this auto section, Kindly runaway from any advert that the dealer is hiding the VIN/chassis number, There must be something fishy with the history that made it so, is either the mileage is wrong or accident/salvaged title.
To be continued . . . . . . .
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 1:02am On Jan 31, 2009
igwe 1:

If you are new in this auto section, Kindly runaway from any advert that the dealer is hiding the VIN/chassis number, There must be something fishy with the history that made it so, is either the mileage is wrong or accident/salvaged title.
To be continued . . . . . . .

Igwe desist from this campaign, when you throw stones into the market, the chances of it hitting someone you know is very very very high wink For your own good, let it go, give peace a chance wink
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Treetop20(m): 1:09am On Jan 31, 2009
why is everyone against this
igwe?
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 10:15am On Jan 31, 2009
Busy_body:

Igwe desist from this campaign, when you throw stones into the market, the chances of it hitting someone you know is very very very high wink For your own good, let it go, give peace a chance wink
I don't care whose ox is gored, everybody here is my friend, I only encourage sincerity,peace and progress of this site.
I took it upon myself when everybody was against inspired men for not providing the VIN/Chassis no. of his advertised cars to ensure it gets to everybody here without fear or favor as agreed upon, but  I came to notice that some dealers here will not do without cheating their fellow human being.
I still have the right for positive comments as regards to any car dealer whose honesty is impeccable and continued to keep to the required standard and openness
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2009
Treetop20:

why is everyone against this
igwe?

Lol, I expected this from all crafty dealers for my continually busting and revealing their illicit deals.
Go through their adverts or the adverts of their members, you will definitely get my drift.

Furthermore,
[b] Igwe has  refused to give them the chance to cheat on his people as they used to do before.
Some of them even posed unfounded allegations grin grin with their multiple user names  to discourage him from standing on the truth but they won't succeed at all smiley smiley

This VIN/Chassis no. stands to give you the complete history of the vehicle from the day it was first sold after manufacture. This information is very comprehensive. It includes all registrations, last recorded odometer/mileage,accidents and the status(branding and salvage) of the vehicle.

I believe you find  answers to your question as you go through this documentation:-

# Be aware of odometer tampering. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that consumers lose billions of dollars a year to odometer fraud. Odometer readings may be rolled back or documents can be forged. Making miles disappear helps increase the car's value to the seller, but can mean increased maintenance and repair costs to the buyer.

Before deciding on a used car, do the math. Industry standards claim the average vehicle accumulates about 12,000 miles per year. If the mileage seems excessively high or low in comparison, find out why. Ask the seller if you can see the maintenance records and compare them with the mileage on the odometer itself. Examine the car for telltale signs. Is wear on the car's pedals, tires and seats consistent with the miles displayed on the odometer? Obtain a detailed vehicle history report. If the seller cannot provide this information, you can use the vehicle's 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) to secure a history from either the state or a private vehicle history company. You can search the web to find companies providing this service by looking under the topic of "vehicle history."

# Watch out for damage disclosure, salvage and rebuilt titles. These titles are issued by states when the car has sustained damage as a result of one or more incidents. Salvage titles are issued by the state when an insurance company takes possession of a vehicle as a result of a claim. This usually occurs when a vehicle has been declared a total loss. A rebuilt title may be issued if a vehicle sustained damage and was rebuilt or reconstructed, then placed back on the road. Junk titles are issued when a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state.

# Be careful of individuals selling used cars from a vacant lot or from the side of the curb. These vehicles may be sold by con men posing as private individual sellers. The car can come with hidden problems. Before buying any used car you should thoroughly research the car and the seller.

https://secure.platypusvideo.com/articlenews/article.php?articleID=226

Beside this I don't see any other reason for the attacks. 
I believe it will be for the best interest for the buyers to let everything be made known in a public here where we have team of professionals in the like of siena and others to analyze both the stated features and price quotes with respect to the supposed content, [/b]
  smiley smiley smiley

For frequently asked questions.
Check out for the answers here
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Cosjo(m): 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2009
igwe 1:

If you know how it irritates me on remembering your initial posts about your so called Ndubisi,
Kindly respect your shameless self and read instead of being mischievous boy!

Agu Arinze, you go fear fear when i reveal everything, just dey watch dey go.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2009
Cosjo:

Agu Arinze, you go fear fear when i reveal everything, just dey watch dey go.
Reveal what?
The more you get to know me the more shameful and remorseful you become.
I guess you don't have an Adviser, This is my candid advice for u;
You shall be judged by the things that come out of you.So be careful on everything you do or say in life
You can never tell tomorrow.
Life is full of mysteries. . . . . . .
cool cool cool
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by agaba123(m): 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2009
Well, I cannot say if Igwe is guilty of bribery or not. The only thing I am sure of is that Igwe has been campaigning for the provision of VIN for every car listed in nairaland before dec 6th.

That accusation may be wrong.
The only problem I have with Igwe is his interest in busy_body lipsrsealed
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2009
agaba123:

Well, I cannot say if Igwe is guilty of bribery or not. The only thing I am sure of is that Igwe has been campaigning for the provision of VIN  for every car listed in nairaland before dec 6th.

That accusation may be wrong.
The only problem I have with Igwe is his interest in busy_body lipsrsealed
lol
Agaba, how can it be true?? why should I be bribed to do what is right?? To be identified with good people of Nairaland has turned into another thing to corrupt minds.People meet each other everyday and Igwe's own has turned into an extra ordinary thing.One speaks what he knows best.
Well, I can't denial am not worthy of identifying with sha!
Thanks for standing in for the truth but for busy_body ,you need to indicate serious interests b/4 I can surrender to your yells.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by agaba123(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2009
igwe 1:

[b]lol
Agaba, how can it be true?? why should I be bribed to do what is right?? To be identified with good people of Nairaland has turned into another thing to corrupt minds.People meet each other everyday and Igwe's own has turned into an extra ordinary thing.One speaks what he knows best.
Well, I can't denial am not worthy of identifying with sha!
Thanks for standing in for the truth but fo[b]r busy_body ,you need to indicate serious interests b/4 I can surrender to your yells.[/[/b]b]
smiley smiley smiley
haba! how I go indicate am again now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

1962 Ferrari Abandoned For 40Years Sold For ₦55M In The U.k.(Pics) / Innoson Set To Slash Keke Price To N300,000 / TELL US YOUR BUDGET 4 YOUR DREAMZ CAR(S) AND LETS GET IT 4 YOU FROM COTONUO...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.