Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,223 members, 7,934,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl (28073 Views)

Name One Thing You Can't Stand In A Beautiful Girl Or A Handsome Guy. / How Do You Know That A Girl or Boy Really Loves You? / Ugly Intelligent Girl or Beautiful Dull Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by finditng: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Intelligent woman all the way,no argument there.
I'll choose intelligence over gentility. Gentle peeps could be wickedly dangerous,you know? The intelligent woman knows how to handle situations as it deems fit. The man can go out and confidently leave his home in the intelligent woman's care.
The intelligent woman influences the children too. Makes them smart and active.
God forbid,but if the man passes away,the intelligence of the woman is needed for her children to make it in life with the few available resources.
The intelligent woman is not necessarily bossy or arrogant,just a lady who knows what she wants and then goes about achieving it in the easiest ways possible.
The man cannot be at his peak at all times in terms of mental capability. Sometimes,he needs a mentally strong woman to give him the required push.
Note: it is only strong men that take up the challange of an intelligent woman. Weak men want ''gentle'' pushovers,whom they can control like puppets on strings.

You have no idea how bliss it is tto be in my shoes...got a woman who's intelligent and gentle....gentility here is a strand of character and enquestionable element for all round success in any life endeavour...just because your wife is intelligent does not mean she cannot take rash decissions emmotionally driven as the core of a woman is...the scorn of an intelligent woman is sure murder.....neat and untraceable...you need one that can take that last minute pause before taking aactions when present circumstances should on a default throw her gaga.....that extra pause, calmness, all embeded in gentility might be the difference between life and death of a husband....deatth here myt not be physical death...it could be expressed in any form....financial, emotional, e.t.c.....all these a woman can influence in marriage....I'm Damn lucky....will advice fellow guys to get such women...enough intelligent women out there who will wear you out with bs. Particularly those ones that just wanna prove to you that they are intelligent. You go taya.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by foodandhampers: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Your Christmas can be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click here to findout more
http://www.foodandhampers.com/product-category/christmas-hampers/

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
bukatyne:

Sorry to digress

I always hear that love is not enough to keep a home, please define love

I will not devalue love and its meaning by attempting a definition. I will just give some illustrative lines.

Forget scriptural exigesis. There is a reason why love is not called wisdom,understanding,maturity,capacity to consummate and satisfy the sexual demands of a union. Love is not what buy food and groceries for the home. In short,love is not what buys the asoebi madam wants to wear for her friend Nkiru's wedding.

Yes,love is foundational to a union but not its sustaining superstructure. I will recreate Cardinal Macinkus' saying that the Catholic Church is not ran on 'Hail Mary' alone to say marriage does not survive on love alone.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
delishpot:
Na lie?
All I dey see men mention here na as long as she do yes sir, yes sir thats all they want.
Only a few have sense that women are humans with brain and can cobtribute something from her brain to uplift the home.
99% of men here are only concerned about their wives wanting to advice them on what to do. And for ego sake are willing to marry a dummy just so they the men appear smart. I don talk am, na women dey give meaning to many men lives. A lot of men have the chance to be kings only because there are women out there called wives who say yes sir to all their demands.
We thank God for women.

grin grin grin
Delishpot, I go follow you tire for this Nairaland because the laugh wey your posts dey make me laugh no be small.

Your sense of humour is epic kiss

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
apolonius:

I will not devalue love and its meaning by attempting a definition. I will just give some illustrative lines.

Forget scriptural exigesis. There is a reason why love is not called wisdom,understanding,maturity,capacity to consummate and satisfy the sexual demands of a union. Love is not what buy food and groceries for the home. In short,love is not what buys the asoebi madam wants to wear for her friend Nkiru's wedding.

Yes,love is foundational to a union but not its sustaining superstructure. I will recreate Cardinal Macinkus' saying that the Catholic Church is not ran on 'Hail Mary' alone to say marriage does not survive on love alone.

Na wa o just to define love na grammar we come dey see. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

That one holy pass!! na dat kind one you want?
No oooooo. I tell you say I wan preach Gospel? cheesy
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

Na wa o just to define love na grammar we come dey see. cheesy

Sorry ma.smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by ManTiger(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
I'll prefer gentle, Intelligent can be cunning/Evil Genuines.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by AdeniyiA(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
i'd prefer an 'intelligentle' wife material content wink
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
No oooooo. I tell you say I wan preach Gospel? cheesy

No wahala. The package is on the way. cheesy
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

No wahala. The package is on the way. cheesy
Consignment. smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
Consignment. smiley

O.k consignment.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
The comments...
The question!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Meti99(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
TRADELYN: SEE...

There's GREAT intelligence in being gentle!!!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
apolonius:

@Bolded: No worries then

Thought you were a Christian; wanted to bring the definition from the Bible
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by tintingz(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
DonTonero: The word Gentle and intelligence has different meaning based on the writers point of view.....and from the writers point of view no man i repeat no man would go for the intelligent woman except the man is 007 and is willing to die young. No man wants a disrespectful woman and intelligence cannot bring about humility or gentleness but being gentle and submissive can actually transform into intelligence because it takes a gentle woman to learn observe and adapt to changes because of her gentility even the gentle dumb will adjust when taught but all this changes lies with the man and how he wants to run his family and as for me an intelligent arrogant woman is HELL NO for me because they have ripped my life severally with their i too know only to regret when its late. God created women to be submissive(this encompasses gentility, intelligent and co) and not intelligent(this brings about arrogance,gender equality and divorce).
NB.... it all depends on the man
You have said it well. smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by slye(m): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
nationwide24: If you are talking about wife material as your topic reads, none of the two qualities.makes anyone a good wife material although both are important attributes.

God bless you plenty!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
bukatyne:

@Bolded: No worries then

Thought you were a Christian; wanted to bring the definition from the Bible

I am a Christian, yet I know that we are slaves of human nature in reality than christian ideals. For example,the Bible is clear on fornication,how many of us are virgins even as singles? What of adultery as lustful sight?

By the way everyone on Nairaland are not Christians. Do we now quote St Paul's letters to define love and marriage to everyone?Marriage is dictated by love but sustained by more. Go figure dear.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by JEITO: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
There's no lady that is outrightly dull, some may lack formal education but must have learnt one or two vital lessons from the school of life.

As for my choice, I will rather go for the one that will complement me- the missing piece in my life's puzzle and not be juggling between intelligence and gentleness.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by JEITO: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
There's no lady that is outrightly dull, some may lack formal education but must have learnt one or two vital lessons from the school of life.

As for my choice, I will rather go for the one that will complement me- the missing piece in my life's puzzle and not be juggling between intelligence and gentleness as if na only one quality we require for a wife.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by tokaiki: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
kennygee: Most guys are intimidated by intelligent women, they want a gentle woman who will just say "how high" when they say jump without complaining. While an Intelligent woman will ask you why you want her to jump and offer a better way of doing it if there is one.

So guys o, we are waiting, which do you prefer?

If i have to pick one i'll pick intelligence but i'll prefer a blend of both.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by toprealman: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Gentle and intelligent for me. No dulling!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hmmm....its simply a case of diff strokes for diff folkz.... All men have their own taste
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by bukatyne(f): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
apolonius:

I am a Christian, yet I know that we are slaves of human nature in reality than christian ideals. For example,the Bible is clear on fornication,how many of us are virgins even as singles? What of adultery as lustful sight?

By the way everyone on Nairaland are not Christians. Do we now quote St Paul's letters to define love and marriage to everyone?Marriage is dictated by love but sustained by more. Go figure dear.

The only thing that sustains marriage in a Christian POV is love

What do you know as love if we are not to use the Christian definition?

@Bolded, very true
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
bukatyne:

The only thing that sustains marriage in a Christian POV is love

What do you know as love if we are not to use the Christian definition?

@Bolded, very true

Well,yes,if that concept of love has Christ at its core.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by bukatyne(f): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
apolonius:

Well,yes,if that concept of love has Christ at its core.

You did not answer my question
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
bukatyne:

If you have not found an answer in my many words,then I am sorry to say you should look elsewhere.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by apolonius(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
bukatyne:

I just skilled through some of your topics and thread contributions. And I am moved to do business with you from a christian perspective.

I like Myles Munroe a lot and his magna opus on christian marriage,for me,remains the foremost classic text that answers this question after the Bible.I am talking of The Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage. I will urge you to buy and read this masterclass. I can buy one from here for you!smiley

You will see his analysis of the Garden of Eden marriage and the principles underlying it. By the way,this marriage was a marriage in Judaism as Christianity started with Christ millenia after this.

Now,Myles articulated marriage as a fellowship of love with God whom both couple owe fidelity to and are faithful to each other because of this. His concept of love is tied to our purpose on earth which is fellowship with God. Yet he acknowledges that our NATURAL NEEDS and how they are met sustains this commitment to each other that flows from a commitment to God.

For him,what keeps marriage is meeting our needs and staying fully faithful to marriage as a covenant of love entered not for the couple's sake but for God.

NB:I am a catholic!

Oya,bye!smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Lol! @ business

apolonius:

I just skilled through some of your topics and thread contributions. And I am moved to do business with you from a christian perspective.

I like Myles Munroe a lot and his magna opus on christian marriage,for me,remains the foremost classic text that answers this question after the Bible.I am talking of The Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage. I will urge you to buy and read this masterclass. I can buy one from here for you!smiley

You will see his analysis of the Garden of Eden marriage and the principles underlying it. By the way,this marriage was a marriage in Judaism as Christianity started with Christ millenia after this.

Now,Myles articulated marriage as a fellowship of love with God whom both couple owe fidelity to and are faithful to each other because of this. His concept of love is tied to our purpose on earth which is fellowship with God. Yet he acknowledges that our NATURAL NEEDS and how they are met sustains this commitment to each other that flows from a commitment to God.

For him,what keeps marriage is meeting our needs and staying fully faithful to marriage as a covenant of love entered not for the couple's sake but for God.

NB:I am a catholic!

Oya,bye!smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by GentleMimi: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
eddieo:
i owe you a bottle of chilled yogurt!
And i'm gonna collect. wink

@ Nduxzy and Amnestylaw1,thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Godson201333(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Intelligent woman all the way,no argument there.
I'll choose intelligence over gentility. Gentle peeps could be wickedly dangerous,you know? The intelligent woman knows how to handle situations as it deems fit. The man can go out and confidently leave his home in the intelligent woman's care.
The intelligent woman influences the children too. Makes them smart and active.
God forbid,but if the man passes away,the intelligence of the woman is needed for her children to make it in life with the few available resources.
The intelligent woman is not necessarily bossy or arrogant,just a lady who knows what she wants and then goes about achieving it in the easiest ways possible.
The man cannot be at his peak at all times in terms of mental capability. Sometimes,he needs a mentally strong woman to give him the required push.
Note: it is only strong men that take up the challange of an intelligent woman. Weak men want ''gentle'' pushovers,whom they can control like puppets on strings.

You have just been awarded 30 years experience of dealing with women !!!! Bravo!!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by continentalceo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Trust me OP, you don't get to chose in this sort of things. Just let love guide you because its only love that truly keeps a marriage ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virgins' Club! / For Broke Girls Who Want To Date Only Rich Men / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.