Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,343 members, 7,932,255 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:43 PM

Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain (8819 Views)

Poll: And the winner was:

Obama: 92% (59 votes)
McCain: 7% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by agaba123(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2008
Some people with verbal diarrheoa are saying here that we support Obama because he is black.
Partly yes.
Afterall the reason why almost all russians support Chelsea is because of Abram. .
The reason many nations support a top footy club most of the time is because they have there own playing there. It is natural and not evil.

However, I have not seen so many supporters of bottom table teams even when some of our players are there.

Therefore the support goes beyound racial identitication to something more important-ability.

Obama has got the ability. He is playing his game in the top flight. he is even arguably far better than his opponent. Why will I not support him? It is only natural except I am running away from my origin. The whites call him black even when he has some white blood. I will not reject him cos he has got black blood through him.

Somebody answer me?
Obama, may it be well with you. Keep it cool and calm. do your thang.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by opuro(m): 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2008
agaba123:

Some people with verbal diarrheoa are saying here that we support Obama because he is black.
Partly yes.
Afterall the reason why almost all russians support Chelsea is because of Abram. .
The reason many nations support a top footy club most of the time is because they have there own playing there. It is natural and not evil.

However, I have not seen so many supporters of bottom table teams even when some of our players are there.

Therefore the support goes beyound racial identitication to something more important-ability.

Obama has got the ability. He is playing his game in the top flight. he is even arguably far better than his opponent. Why will I not support him? It is only natural except I am running away from my origin. The whites call him black even when he has some white blood. I will not reject him because he has got black blood through him.

Somebody answer me?
Obama, may it be well with you. Keep it cool and calm. do your thang.

well after all these debates,
all the hassles,
I still believe there will be PDP factor in that election come november
OBAMA IS TOO GOOD TO BE AMERICAN PRESIDENT
and amrican dont like good people
CAIN WILL SURELY WIN ABEL OBAMA
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
I only managed to watch the debate last night.

McCain won the debate hands down. Forget what the polls say. The polls only reflect hardening views over the length of the campaign. McCain won the debate.

Firstly, he threw Obama off with that Joe the plumber thing. He managed to decieve everyone into thinking Joe the plumber was a middle class guy and Obama had no response.

Obama was flat, lacked energy and lacked the clarity to impose his argument.

McCain hammered him on the "tax-increases taking away jobs" argument and he was unable to retort with the fact that Bush's tax cuts have only added 4million jobs whilst Clinton who raised taxes on the upper-class added 19 million jobs.

Obama allowed McCain to establish a theme on taxes which he will use to hammer Obama from now till election day. That gave McCain a solid footing and a focus for the rest of his campaign.

McCain also won a slight advantage on Energy Policy and surprisingly, Education.

The only topic Obama won was on the question about the "negativity of the campaigns" and possibly a slight advantage on Healthcare.

On the plus side, Obama buried the Bill Ayres question for good.

If McCain lost any points, its that he was overagressive, overbearing and showed his disdain for Obama through his facial expressions.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by opuro(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
cain will win abel!
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2008
Ibime, I think Obama did better with Education & Roe v Wade?
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by TayoD1(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2008
@topic,

For those clamouring for universal health care, here's a model from Hawaii. Talk about unintended consequences of misguided actions. http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/usnews/ci_10743946

HONOLULU—Hawaii is dropping the only state universal child health care program in the country just seven months after it launched.

"People who were already able to afford health care began to stop paying for it so they could get it for free," said Dr. Kenny Fink, the administrator for Med-QUEST at the Department of Human Services. "I don't believe that was the intent of the program."
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

For those clamouring for universal health care, here's a model from Hawaii. Talk about unintended consequences of misguided actions. http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/usnews/ci_10743946

HONOLULU—Hawaii is dropping the only state universal child health care program in the country just seven months after it launched.

"People who were already able to afford health care began to stop paying for it so they could get it for free," said Dr. Kenny think, the administrator for Med-QUEST at the Department of Human Services. "I don't believe that was the intent of the program."

Obama is not advocating free health care.
What you posted is for free health care/subsidized govt sponsored healthcare
Medicaid is doing that alreadyplus child health plan and wellcare in some other states.
Please stop deceiving the readers.
Check his site and post his health care plan
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by away4real(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ plus_queen, this is a glimpse of what is going on now i only just pray am still a bit skeptical that this thin might tilt, and its very painful a lot of people are easily deceived. Imagine the comparison.

Its obvious all those saying Obama's plans are not good havent even listened to the man. Tayo & Co for wanting to be different or disagree (opposition for opposition sake) on the ground of so called moral issues have written Obama totally off. They havent removed the party affiliations and listen to the man objectively. No one agrees with Obama 100%, but at least let them listen to the guy and give him a chance.

Did u see the shock in McCain eyes when Obama said zero penalty for small business.

Again on the tax issue which a lot of peole i know are a not happy especially the few rich ones, they are not looking at the technicalities and how this can be avoided, the so called Joe the plumber will actually get a tax cut under Obama, but this republicans just scatter the issues gbam gbam every where "the more u look d less u c" that only the informed can see through the smoke.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2008
away4real:

@ plus_queen, this is a glimpse of what is going on now i only just pray am still a bit skeptical that this thin might tilt, and its very painful a lot of people are easily deceived. Imagine the comparison.

Its obvious all those saying Obama's plans are not good havent even listened to the man. Tayo & Co for wanting to be different or disagree (opposition for opposition sake) on the ground of so called moral issues have written Obama totally off. They havent removed the party affiliations and listen to the man objectively. No one agrees with Obama 100%, but at least let them listen to the guy and give him a chance.

Did u see the shock in McCain eyes when Obama said zero penalty for small business.

Again on the tax issue which a lot of peole i know are a not happy especially the few rich ones, they are not looking at the technicalities and how this can be avoided, the so called Joe the plumber will actually get a tax cut under Obama, but this republicans just scatter the issues gbam gbam every where "the more u look d less u c" that only the informed can see through the smoke.

My dear na wa.
I am  actually Republican  and ultra conservative.
I rooted for Huckabee initially till it was clear he had no chance.
But this time,I'm solidly behind Obama for many reasons even though he'll be taxing me and my oga more.
McCains health care plan is laughable at best.
It is doomed to fail from the very beginning.
His demeanour through out this race has been less than presidential.
Moreover the introduction of Sarah "Airhead" Palin solidly had me on the democratic side.
This McCain is a far cry from the McCain of 2000
Financially,I and my family will benefit more from McCains tax proposals but there's too many other things at risk on the McPalin camp and with this election in general and I'm glad to be a Democrat even if for one day Nov. 4th.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by princekevo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2008
Ibime:

I only managed to watch the debate last night.

McCain won the debate hands down. Forget what the polls say. The polls only reflect hardening views over the length of the campaign. McCain won the debate.

Firstly, he threw Obama off with that Joe the plumber thing. He managed to decieve everyone into thinking Joe the plumber was a middle class guy and Obama had no response.

Obama was flat, lacked energy and lacked the clarity to impose his argument.

McCain hammered him on the "tax-increases taking away jobs" argument and he was unable to retort with the fact that Bush's tax cuts have only added 4million jobs whilst Clinton who raised taxes on the upper-class added 19 million jobs.

Obama allowed McCain to establish a theme on taxes which he will use to hammer Obama from now till election day. That gave McCain a solid footing and a focus for the rest of his campaign.

McCain also won a slight advantage on Energy Policy and surprisingly, Education.

The only topic Obama won was on the question about the "negativity of the campaigns" and possibly a slight advantage on Healthcare.

On the plus side, Obama buried the Bill Ayres question for good.

If McCain lost any points, its that he was overagressive, overbearing and showed his disdain for Obama through his facial expressions.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/10/17/ac.strategy.session.cnn
Listen the issue of Joe the plumber Mc cain thought would be his last weapon till 4th has been proved abbortive.Mc cain should have let the poor guy hide with his tax debt.Now he exposed the guy to the whole American.Now we know he is not even a licensed plumber,He owes tax of more 1,000usd,and from every indication jeo had no plan to buy a business he would be making more than 250k per annum.Infact joe is gonna be one the beneficiaries of Obama's tax plan.At least he can pay off his accrued tax and save more money for himself.Infact he belong to the class of 95% of the American citizens Obama wants want to restore their economic situation.I guess by now he would regrating ever asking the question.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2008
This McCain is a far cry from the McCain of 2000

seriously. Im very surprised by his sudden change cos frankly I didnt mind him getting the nomination

To be honest most Republicans despise McCain cos he's not as extreme as the rest of them, yet he's done a total 360 this year.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by dauda2: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2008
Lets all have an across board spending freeze! grin
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by omoge(f): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2008
why are they linking Obama to ACORN
i'm confused
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by bawomolo(m): 3:00am On Oct 18, 2008
omoge:

why are they linking Obama to ACORN
i'm confused

because ACORN has donated to his campaign
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:13am On Oct 18, 2008
Hmm.
I hope none of his millions of donors commit any crimes or he could be labelled as pallying with men of the underworld.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by omoge(f): 3:39am On Oct 18, 2008
exactly. i dont trust them. they can spoil show.

i'm hearing that our boo is slipping in the poll? did you hear that osisi sad
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by bawomolo(m): 3:49am On Oct 18, 2008
omoge:

exactly. i don't trust them. they can spoil show.

89% of americans consider the economy the no.1 issue.  mccain's strong point is iraq and not the economy. i believe most people would go to polls voting for who they believe can bring them out of a recession(southern rednecks and conservatives are a special case). obama should be fine
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by plusQueen: 3:55am On Oct 18, 2008
omoge:

exactly. i don't trust them. they can spoil show.

Our man is ok and still as charming as ever.
Do not be afraid.
He's safe in our arms.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by TayoD1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2008
@bawomolo,

because ACORN has donated to his campaign
That is not ture. It is the other way round. Obama has donated about $800,000 from his campaign to ACORN.

Again as in the case of Ayers, Obama is economical with the truth in his first public response about his ties to the group. Information coming our reveals that not only did he provide them with legal representation, he trained some of their leaders. For any who do not know, the CO in ACORN stands for COmmunity Organizers. Does that ring any bell? Anyway, here's an article regarding Obama's association with ACORN and his attempt to hide it - http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/7203
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by away4real(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2008
Tayo-D:

@bawomolo,
That is not ture. It is the other way round. Obama has donated about $800,000 from his campaign to ACORN.

Again as in the case of Ayers, Obama is economical with the truth in his first public response about his ties to the group. Information coming our reveals that not only did he provide them with legal representation, he trained some of their leaders. For any who do not know, the CO in ACORN stands for COmmunity Organizers. Does that ring any bell? Anyway, here's an article regarding Obama's association with ACORN and his attempt to hide it - http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/7203

This is just pathetic, i wont bother to respond to this. Its just the height.

Please read adcoline response below and respond, i don't subscribe to guilt by association for anyone including McCain and Palin so i really don't agree with him, but he is just replaying your obviously discredited and lame logic that doesnt pass the common sense test. Theres just so much rubbish out there to distract people off issues, i cant believe any one with an iota of intelligence will go this line. Politics reveals a lot about our personality and our we view issues, its sad a lot cant seperate issues. Imagind banning inter racial dating, where did they get that from? lol, i will hear all sorts.

Tayo D.
What was McCain's association with Accorn when he addressed them in 2006? Why are you not talking about Sarah Palin hosting a secessionist organisation in Governor's mansion in which her  husband is a card carrying member? Why are we not talking about John McCain's association  with folks who lobby and dine with Burmese dictators. Why are we not talking about John McCain's association with Iran Contra. Why are we not talking about Keating 5? Why are we not talking about folks like Bushes who had business dealings with Saudi families? How about John McCain's association with a pastor who constantly taunts Jews and minorities. How about John McCain voting against MLK's holiday and equal pay for all genders.  Since its guilty by association, Obama should not be extricated from his relationship with Ayers only if  John McCain's previous relationships are taken into account.
How about McCain's relationship with Bush who went to address Bob Jones University that  bans inter racial dating? How about Ralph Reed , an intern for Jack Abramoff, a convicted lobbyist,  who is now raising money for John McCain.

Let's put 20 years of going to church in perspective. Most church services last for less than 2 hours, but we are going to use 4 hours.
In a year Obama spent 4 hours by 52 weeks (if he attended church service every Sunday; possible or impossicant?
4hrs by 52 weeks = 208hrs in a year. This is equal to 8.6days when you divide by 24hrs
so 8.6days by 20 years= 173.3 days divide by 30 days ( a month) =5.7months

Obama is 46 years, so 46yrs by 12months = 552months.So to give you a sense of what percentage of his life that was spent in that church
5.7/552 X100% =1.0326%. so 99% of his life is very intact  if he went to church to seek for  a "spiritual mentor". Never mind the fact that  most of us who go to church have never challenged our assimilated religious teachings let alone pastors. His tutelage days at Columbia and Harvard cannot be compared with the "time" he spent in his former church yet, we choose to ignore these glaring facts and define him as a radical even though he has never preached from the pulpit .
We really need to test some our so called claims not that everybody is saying the same thing.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by bawomolo(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2008
[img]http://..com/pagead/imgad?id=CNa-lMOku7CgFxDYBRhaMghO5LlEqyoS1Q[/img]

ha ha,  i bet tayoD clicked on this link  grin grin
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by ow11(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2008
I just came across this site.

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/results
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 19, 2008
ow11:

I just came across this site.

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/results
I guess the world dnt like ugly lipsrsealed
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by Seun(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2008
The world don't like being invaded by the US.
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by KollyJay(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2008
Guys,

Colin Powell is supporting us, we re the transformational guys. McCain guys re already cry , ing, lol,

Guys how re u plaining the celebration?

Obama the man, Obama the intelligent!
Re: Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain by mustafar1: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
would it make any difference if some of us had made up our minds to vote democrat no matter who got the ticket. some of the comments i have read thus far has a lining of dislike cos of the fact Mama Chelsea (their candidate) didnt get the nomination. for me if Palin had been on the democratic ticket (with all her flaws) i'd still vote democrat just so i dont see another republican on pennsylvania ave for another 4 years at least.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / Saudi Arabia Will Enter Women For London Olympics / Brazil: 400 Persons Arrested After Invasion By pro-Bolsonaro Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.