Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95659 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kesmoney: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
To me, I didn't do such... As a scientist, I know that salt cannot even kill a virus. So, why will I adhere to such rumor... All you just did is that you added more money to salt sellers and producers.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by josh830: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Do u no d destruction u hve cus for ppl with hypertention (HTN) telling dem to take salt
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
eaglechild:

You have the silly guts to call names.
You should just drop your apology and log off.

I wonder.so fishy
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2014
kesmoney: To me, I didn't do such... As a scientist, I know that salt cannot even kill a virus. So, why will I adhere to such rumor... All you just did is that you added more money to salt sellers and producers.

Pleased to know you scientist. So what's the way forward?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by luckycliff: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Biko make una add Ogiri too d smell alone go kill the
Virus...happy salt bathing day 9ja
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Harryjoshua4: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2014
They even claim it was TB JOSHUA that gave the instruction may God help us all.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Esesexxy(f): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2014
Please search for them and deal with them......... Us, uk, Spain etc..... Just dey mock we nija for joking with such matters...haba! Girlz why una do such nah? Nija ! Lord save us . Even if andoa REAL BC comes out most PPL won't believe again. So sad. Smh
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Wokeyim(f): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2014
Adesuwa, you are not serious oh. I already bought salt worth N170 this morning, with plans to buy more by Monday. Well, thanks for telling us, atleast my family doesn't have to destroy their skin with salt. Come carry your salt for my bag oh...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by otemanuduno: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2014
Small time now we will start hearing the rumour that the person who started the EBOLA VIRUS RUMOUR is now infected with the EBOLA VIRUS. that one will claim that she is Funke, the best friend of Adesewa who started the rumour. Mtcheeew undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by maxit2(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2014
GSKing:

The same USA that has home for every homosexual seeking asylum from Africa?
The same USA you told to go to hell with their research on homosexuality?
The same USA that begged the Nigerian government to annul the anti-homosexual law?
The same USA that threatened to cut aides to Nigeria for discrimination against gay people?
The same USA that never demanded appreciation after giving you a cure for your every "black" diseases? (Abi mosquito dey bite Bill and Melinda Gates?)
The same USA you can't wait to tell off every single chance you get?

Lol, now you want help from the gay professors and gay students in the USA!!! You want their vaccines, like it's your fundamental human right! Like the richest man in your continent has ever contributed a dime towards research on terminal black diseases like Aids, Polio, Malaria and now Ebola..!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

USA is going to hell because you believe your god disapprove of homosexuality. They're going to hell with their drugs and cure.

[size=20pt] WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE DOWN HERE!!![/size]

Dude wetin dey worry you ?
People are busy talking about life threatening disease and you are busy fighting hard to secure an anus to insert your prick into.

Niggga you don craze abi ?

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kesmoney: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
. When u are apologizing to people, you don't respond to whatever they will tell you. because your are wrong. To me, this is not an apology, because u still answer back to wat they told you. Calm down and accept whatever they said, because you are wrong... Nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jennylove7575(f): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2014
Can you imagine? After I have already purchased 65 big bags of salt angry wtf
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by maxit2(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
kesmoney: To me, I didn't do such... As a scientist, I know that salt cannot even kill a virus. So, why will I adhere to such rumor... All you just did is that you added more money to salt sellers and producers.

Scientist my foot(Which by the way is inside my black Gucci shoe).

Since you know what doesn't kill it. It is safe to assume you know exactly what kills it.
Oga abeg na wetin u go fit take kill this Ebola virus ?
Or should be just blame it on the government as usual? unto no funds to complete your research and the rest bla bla bla.

You don cram some old books finish, come NL begin claim scientist.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kesmoney: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
mindurbiznes:

Pleased to know you scientist. So what's the way forward?
. The way forward is just God. Accept Christ as ur lord and personal saviour and you will be saved.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland)

NAME CALLING

otemanuduno: Small time now we will start hearing the rumour that the person who started the EBOLA VIRUS RUMOUR is now infected with the EBOLA VIRUS. that one will claim that she is Funke, the best friend of Adesewa who started the rumour. Mtcheeew undecided
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GSKing: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
maxit2:

People are busy talking about life threatening disease and you are busy fighting hard to secure an anus to insert your prick into.

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kesmoney: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
maxit2:

Scientist my foot(Which by the way is inside my black Gucci shoe).

Since you know what doesn't kill it. It is safe to assume you know exactly what kills it.
Oga abeg na wetin u go fit take kill this Ebola virus ?
Or should be just blame it on the government as usual? unto no funds to complete your research and the rest bla bla bla.

You don cram some old books finish, come NL begin claim scientist.
. The cure is God. Its only God can cure. Even the experimental vaccine the U.S produced, they only said their two citizens that contacted it are responding to treatment and not cured yet... So, its only God that will cure it.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GSKing: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
maxit2:

Life threatening diseases?

You've actually not seen anything yet?

Countries like ours is gonna be like the last place on their radar the vaccine would be distributed to in a minute quantity!

This is just the icing on the cake.

Nigeria will cry till she bleeds.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by brasss: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
lwkmd!!! watsup wid u guys ehn?.....y u criticizing ha ehn..it actually shows our level of finkin......cmon,, ow wuld bathin wid salt actually prevent virus ehhh derz was evn tym limit sf whch shld v bn a clear evidence dat it was a joke.....pls dnt let us mk ha feel sad or feel lyk a murderer......m beggin y'all pls......Adesewa dear pls dnt do such nxt tym...u knw we v old pple dat r hypentensiv already, takin salt wuld increase deir bp!.....May Allah assist us....Jumat Mubarak

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Fraih(f): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dear Adesewa,Jibowu hall warden already searching for ur hostel card....
Dat ur Joke is so costly,I hope u can afford the price!

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
kesmoney: . The way forward is just God. Accept Christ as ur Lord and Personal Saviour and you will be saved.

Noted!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by horppe89: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
In the name of playing pranks with ur friends u have cause alot of misunderstandings. U have to bear all sort of words people said or will say to you. Just pray the ministry of health will not take it up.

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Josh316(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2014

How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

If it is indeed true, trust me, you deserve jail time. You have no idea what possible harm drinking salt water can do especially in a country where people are walking blood pressure timebombs. Also, spreading rumours, false information is actually a crime and if this was a serious country, they could track you down and you could quickly become a convict just like that.

Better send another broadcast reversing the earlier one and apologizing for this expensive prank
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by MiguelMi6(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
GSKing:

Life threatening diseases?

You've actually not seen anything yet?

Countries like ours is gonna be like the last place on their radar the vaccine would be distributed to in a minute quantity!

This is just the icing on the cake.

Nigeria will cry till she bleeds.
Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed.You really pissed or something.Give them a break love,ain't worth it kiss

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tattesco(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can't stop laughing. Omg. U mean its not true. Ur address am coming with police. U fooled the whole nigeria
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by thelastPope(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Mr man! No insult please!
Mtcheww.
I was just kidding with my friends, i did not even say they should rebroadcast it! It was later that i saw the message that said people Should rebroadcast. Who asked them to edit the message i sent!

Please let us be matured.

You are an idiota. You claim you started a dangerous rumour and still came out to talk trash. Do you expect anyone to commend you? You are a real foolish attention seeker. Something is wrong with you. You arenot apologising. You are simply seeking more attention

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by acqiusitions042(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
esere826:

A scenario of what could happen to you
...Imagine that the Nigerian system is a smart one and want to teach you a lesson

the security agencies will do a search through all network databases to check for the first source of the rumour
this is quite easy. Its like searching for keywords using google.
When they've identified your number, they'll then use that in getting your name
They'll then search through bank records and telphone details to identify your location
They'll contact your university and so identify your department
they'll get an informant in your department to squeal on your school and house address

They'll invite the news media when they arrest you
More sales for the media when you are front page
you being handcuffed will be on TV and newspapers as the source of the rumour

You'll spend some days in the cell with loads of mosquitoes
You will then be charged to court
your defense lawyer will argue that you were remosrseful hence you alerted the public through NL
you may thereafter be discharged and acquited if there are no laws to handle your case

...However, all this would have served as a deterent to others who take jokes too far
so all these would happen because your brain failed to tell u how silly the idea of bathing and drinking salt water to cure Ebola was. But of course it's none of my business.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Bgino(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
i wish it was ur nude pix that went viral like salt and water solution...gals and their bad hostel attitude
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Uchboggy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
@op You better stop giving out your details,you could get arrested for this,

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Arcani: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hian... and I was sleeping peacefully..

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Y'all should give her a break. She came out to at least apologise.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by PenSniper: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

Mister, playing pranks on your friends is nothing compared to this. This is taking jokes too far. How do you joke with a deadly virus that snuffs life out of people within a month ? A joke that misleads millions of people, gives them a false hope thus making them drop their guards against caution, is silly. Two capital cities have been totally quarantined, flights banned, victims' corpses abandoned on the streets and about 56 medical personnel who treated patients are themselves dead. THAT IS A GRAVE MATTER THAT NO SANE PERSON will and should joke with. Am rather surprised to see you issue threats to people for telling you the truth. Are you aware, with all your bravado, that you have inadvertently disclosed your contact address ? Are you aware that the government have threatened to arrest anyone who claims to have a cure for Ebola ? Your joke is capable of making our society a laughing stock in the eyes of the international community. This is an indication of how depraved, inhuman and callous our society has become by joking with what has brought tears and sorrow into thousands of families and still counting. In a sane society you would already be cooling your heels behind bars. You need to bury your head in shame.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

My Skin Has Gone Bad. I Need Help! (Disturbing Photos) / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.