Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,269 members, 7,916,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:26 AM

Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin (38821 Views)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Atiku Leads APC Poll With Wide Margin - Dailypost Poll / BREAKING: APC’s Aregbesola Wins Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2014
otalenu:

Oponu ni eh
shey I lie ni?
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by great664(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver:
Since 1999, what are the notable achievements of PDP at the FG level, please I will like to know? Thanks
so APC will deliver abey, do †ђξ member of APC not holding political offices before APC creation, we don't care about party name, can we stop giving blame to parties? we need working individuals not party, I support whoever I want not party, so leave party out of †ђξ light and embrace CHANGE, u will ask what Change? Change to vote †ђξ best man irrespective of party, VOTE Persons not Party again
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by DaBullIT(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver:
I second you my brother, don't mind all those Atenuje of Ekiti state. grin

Holy spirit will own a mansion in your life

Road go always dey clear for you by korofo the greatest

Pounded yam in your mouth , Shiite in your enemy's mouth

Á dára fún e Ògá , ōòní gbàwìn Èbá

You are sighted , help me yarn them say make them shine them eyeses he he he , we no be smellos or arebipa for Osun
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Chinom(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Good for APC and Aregbe.. Real democracy at work. Thanks to GEJ. APC can keep Osun. It's in LAGOS that we want change. Lagos is the big fish that PDP wants.

I'm really looking forward to the contest in Lagos. Being a " no man's land" anything can happen.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Sheenor: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Chilug: Congratulations to Raulf, APC and Nigeria. Democracy indeed.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by ogunniyi2: 9:58am On Aug 10, 2014
Omisore! asee oo tie le!,obesere's stupid asakasa music & other cliques are not man enough to cajole or coax my people to give up on good thing ...anyway continue to eat more road corn and ride on bike,till infinity ,because 2018 is not sure for you. Manwhile,Ogbeni ride till 2018.Osun people rejected stomach infratructure! congratulation to myself and my people.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Oluseunban(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2014
Cngrat Ogbeni!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by betatalk: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2014
Congrats to Aregbesola however APC shld stop heating up d polity with their propaganda war. They cried wolf and said pdp imported voters:
Where r d voters and the intimidating security. They just heated d polity in osun for nothing. Now d election is free and fair bad losers.Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 10:02am On Aug 10, 2014
great664: so APC will deliver abey, do †ђξ member of APC not holding political offices before APC creation, we don't care about party name, can we stop giving blame to parties? we need working individuals not party, I support whoever I want not party, so leave party out of †ђξ light and embrace CHANGE, u will ask what Change? Change to vote †ђξ best man irrespective of party, VOTE Persons not Party again
We all need a change in this country of ours, but are you not tired of one political party since the end of military rule? Is this great nation a one party system or you don't want to try the products of other parties? As for me o! Am sick and tired of PDP and I know many Nigerians are as well.
Sometimes, its better you try the Angel you don't know than stay dying with the devil that has refuse to better your life.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by IbrahimEazi(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2014
ibrash600: congrats aregbe, congrats APC....
omisore can and go die undecided
Ebele Ebola Jonathan should put his head in shame, he sent arm forces to osun state as if na thir
chibok girls dy... God pass u, u will cry come

quote me and abuse me make thunder fire you angry
Ebele Ebola Jonathan should put his head in shame, he sent arm forces to osun state as if na thir

U dn't need to b abused @all, are u afraid of d comment u made? I wonder what else GEJ will do 2 convince u he is d best democratically elected president we've ever had! Ur rationale behind d presence of military in any election is extremely baseless and out of point cos all d elections dat av bin conducted during d regime of dis man av bin relatively free and fair. So u feel anytime pdp wins its a rigged election. Go get a life bro. Alas congrats 2 Rauf Aregbesola, he deserves a 2nd term and i think he's d best man 4 d job!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2014
I still don't know why PDP fielded Omisore in this election.

Very very stupid decision. sad sad
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by porka: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2014
lokito: The people that broke out of PDP to APC this year are the same people that was looting Ballot boxes for PDP in the previous elections. Now since they're very 'ballot-looting' conscious why won't they win with a wide margin?

Be a good loser Ore, it's a game.

There's always another day.

At least this is not a judicial pronouncements but electorates decision.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by babestella: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2014
Thank God there was no violence.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2014
hansad: If OBJ is president, Omisore would have been declared winner.

FACT!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by great664(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver:
We all need a change in this country of ours, but are you not tired of one political party since the end of military rule? Is this great nation a one party system or you don't want to try the products of other parties? As for me o! Am sick and tired of PDP and I know many Nigerians are as well.
Sometimes, its better you try the Angel you don't know than stay dying with the devil that has refuse to better your life.
u still don't understand, Pls answer this, if GEJ decamp to APC, will u vote him? If Aregbosola na PDP would have voted him out? Honestly answer
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by 7lives: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2014
hansad: If OBJ is president, Omisore would have been declared winner. Buhari and Tinubu can at best head to the courts. Hope this APC victory shall make Tinubu and Lai Mohammed appreciate President Jonathan's unrivalled democratic credentials, instead of daily telling ridiculous lies against the president. A few days to this election, Tinubu lied that Jonathan kidnapped the Chibok girls. As for Lai Mohammed, well, his official duty in his party includes manufacturing and spreading of false information to gullible Nigerians. So, Lai has lied himself to be regaded as a joker in the park. Congrats Aregbe.

I am sorry for people like you, what obasanjo could not achieve in Lagos, what makes you think he can achieve it in Osun state in the current dispensation.
Osun and Oyo are people of the same mindset, ajise bi Oyo laari, Oyo ki ise bi baba enikan. You also forgot that this people voted Ribadu instead of JEG, see they don't believe in luck, they believe in hard work, and this is why you see women young and old slugging it out in farming and commerce along side men in Osun.
They are also violent people, ask the Fulani Jihadists, their dipping the Quran in the Atlantic quest ends at Oshogbo, they are a no nonsense people this was why they voted and waited for the votes to be counted, everybody already knows the result so how in the world would you expect an Obasanjo to announce a different result without creating a mess, what makes you think that JEG would want to add a crisis in Osun to the ones he is currently managing.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2014
porka:

Be a good loser Ore, it's a game.

There's always another day.

At least this is not a judicial pronouncements but electorates decision.
you have time to reply that clueless individual
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2014
This is a lesson for PDP decision makers.

I hope they will not try this in Oyo State by giving the ticket to Teslim Folarin.

They shot themselves in the foot by fielding Omisore
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2014
7lives:

I am sorry for people like you, what obasanjo could not achieve in Lagos, what makes you think he can achieve it in Osun state in the current dispensation.
Osun and Oyo are people of the same mindset, ajise bi Oyo laari, Oyo ki ise bi baba enikan. You also forgot that this people voted Ribadu instead of JEG, see they don't believe in luck, they believe in hard work, and this is why you see women young and old slugging it out in farming and commerce along side men in Osun.
They are also violent people, ask the Fulani Jihadists, their dipping the Quran in the Atlantic quest ends at Oshogbo, they are a no nonsense people this was why they voted and waited for the votes to be counted, everybody already knows the result so how in the world would you expect an Obasanjo to announce a different result without creating a mess, what makes you think that JEG would want to add a crisis in Osun to the ones he is currently managing.

Abi o!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Havilah93(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Havilah93(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by san316(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2014
SCORE BOARD OF THE PDP AND APC CONTEST IN CONTEXT. Election: PDP 1:1 APC. Impeachment: PDP 1:1 APC. I Guess it's a draw for now.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by porka: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2014
Congratulations to Mr. Rauf Aregbesola for his victory at the poll.

This is the first electoral victory for APC since they came together and this is the first election ever to be won by Aregbesola in Osun State.

This victory shows they can actually win election if they communicate to the people simply instead of threatening violence and mayhems thereby scaring people.

Effective communications and not bombs. Electoral victory and not judiciary appointment.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2014
texazzpete:

I can't recall seeing Obasanjo or Yar'Adua use the Army to seize newspapers, harrass opposition politicians openly and infringe on basic human rights of Nigerians by denying them freedom of movement.
Then your memory is very short - short-term memory.

Or, it's due to myopia undecided
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by mkoabiola: 10:18am On Aug 10, 2014
Despite sharing rice,d ppu voted for deir conscience.
D ppu of Osun are wiser now
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by akandeakeem(m): 10:18am On Aug 10, 2014
God almighty decides the fate of nations, while good leaders decide the will of peoples...
Let the will of God's be done...
Congratulation to Osun State peoples for their outstanding performance in just rounded up election in victory of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola...
The will of God is the will of people...
What a sweep victory....
the margin is too much....

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2014
great664: u still don't understand, Pls answer this, if GEJ decamp to APC, will u vote him? If Aregbosola na PDP would have voted him out? Honestly answer
I understand ur individual assessment, but we all know how political parties affects the good nature of their political office holders. GEJ came in as a messiah, but the party turned him to more or less a dictator and changed his political goodwill to what it is today.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2014
mkoabiola: Despite sharing rice,d ppu voted for deir conscience.
D ppu of Osun are wiser now
More wiser than those Alatenuje of Ekiti state. cheesy
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by lacasa: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2014
I am delighted & happy to congratulate Ogbeni Aregbesola on his electoral victory in the Osun 2014 gubernatorial elections........

May God grant him the divine wisdom during his second term in office.

I am glad Common sense and Practical decision-making defined the majority of Osun voters despite the federal invasion & targeting of opposition and voters by security outfits and militants.

Viva Osun!.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by dickoflife(m): 10:27am On Aug 10, 2014
teeo:

oma se ooo. Now I understand your frustration, your father had a small dick, you inherited that dick and it's the same infidelity your mama showed your father that your wife is showing you,
we have won this one, you could as well die for all I care
haha, wetin u talk? Werey, aasinwin, sopona lo ma pa e. Me? Small dick sorry man I got a fat and agile fuckstick that will make ur father beg me to Bleep ur mother over and over again. Ohyeah baby ur mother said
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2014
Konmight: AregbeRascal is greater than OmiRascal.

Aregbesola won not because he was the best candidate but because he was the lesser evil, Omisore is worst. The dude is clueless and has nothing to offer the State apart from Ogogoro and thuggery(te so je ee).

PDP should have fielded a more credible candidate not Omisore of all candidates in PDP.

So many factors contributed to OmiRascal's loss IMHO..........

1. Bola Ige's death. Most people(esp Ijeshas) still hold him responsible for the death of late sage.

2. His cluelessness(he simply have no programme apart from te soju eee). The dude has nothing to offer. He would have looted Osun dry if he had emerged victorious. Gods know better. The Irunmoles(about 1,000 Deities) in Osun are not sleeping.

3. Our Son(Omo Wa/Omo Ria). While the Ifes voted Omirascal, Ijeshas voted AregbeRascal. The Igbominas and Oyos decided who emerged victorious.

4. Osun is not an homogenous State like Bayelsa or Ekiti. Osun comprises of 4 Yoruba sub-ethnic groups. Ijeshas(6LGA 90% Christians), Ifes(4LGA 60% Christians), Igbominas(2LGA 50% Christians) and Oyos(18LGA 15% Christians). So a political party will have to do its homework very well in order to emerge victorious.

5. Religion. PDP started making mistakes when they began to involve religion in politics in Osun 2yrs ago(2012). They first accused AregbeRascal of seccession, they said he changed Osun State to State of Osun and intends to make Osun(A landlocked State in SW) a country of its own. That's utter bullshit. Then they accussed him of planning on forcefully converting everyone in Osun State to Islam. AregbeRascal defended himself that in this 21century it's not possible in SW to forcefully convert anyone to any religion cos Yorubas are exposed. He said his younger sister left Islam for Christianity, her husband and children are all Christians, if I couldn't keep my younger Sister in Islam how then do I forcefully convert people to Islam? Not less than 90% of Ijeshas are Christians, so how do I convert everyone to Islam when I can't even convert my Ijesha clan to Islam? We all know it's bullshit to accuse the guy of planning to forcefully make us Muslims in Osun. PDP called AregbeRascal names like Boko Haram, supporter of APC, Terrorist, Extremist etc. So the Muslims felt insulted and pittied AregbeRascal. They've decided to vote for him since 2012. Not less than 55% of Osun indigenes are Muslims.

6. Ooni of Ife Palace/Ile-Ife Decision. Gone are the days when Osun INEC Chairman used to submit the list of winners to Ooni before he makes the announcement. Ooni was so influencial in Osun politics that AregbeRascal had to go and beg former Emir of Kano(Ado Bayero) to help talk to Ooni to allow court declare him as the winner. Bayero went to Ife, talked to Baba and after the lengthy discussion he was able to convince Baba(They have been friends for long) to let the boy go. Let him go. Finally, the court eventually declared AregbeRascal as the winner(though the dude truly won but it was rigged for Oyinlola second term). AregbeRascal went to Ife to thank Baba and promised to be a good boy. Since AregbeRascal emerged coupled with the age(83yrs now) of Baba(Ooni of Ife), Ooni has not been partisan unlike before. Now he just pray for a candidate and give advise.

7. Ile-Ife factor. In the past, Palace used to doctor and announce whoever they want to emerge, since Aregbe emerged that has changed. Some people in some areas of Osun are still annoyed that Ife Palace used to dictate to us, so they are ready to vote against any Ife candidate. Let the candidate win the 4LGA and let's see what the four would do. Era of rigging has gone, people now decide their fates. If the candidate was credible and sellable, it would have been better. But OmiRascal? OmiSebi? Omi What? He's simply unsellable. He's unmarketable.

8. Public Schools. AregbeRascal merged public schools which caused confusion. Personally I don't buy the idea. It led to religious issues at Iwo. PDP capitalize on his flaw and Omisore said he was going to return all public schools originally owned by missionaries to them. So what happens to non-christian Pupils? Majority of public schools were built by missionaries and they are in bad shape. If OmiRascal returns the schools to the Churches, the churches would renovate the schools and restore the glory of public schools AGREED. But what would be the fate of Muslims and other Pupils? How are they going to ensure non-christian Pupils are not stopped or discouraged from attending public primary and secondary schools. If they are deprived the education, there's assurance that we are going to have another Almajiri/Boko Haram in Osun and SW in less than 15yrs. The issue of returning schools caused controversy. It's one of the reasons why Muslims majority in the State decided to vote AregbeRascal en-masse.

9. Credibility. AregbeRascal has performed very well during his first tenure. He's controversial and have his own issue yet OmiRascal is not a better option. OmiRascal should have allowed another candidate from Ife/Osun to contest. He disgraced Sen Isiaka Adeleke during the primary election, the man left the party for him. PDP have a lot of work to do in Osun if they are going to capture the State. OmiRascal swapped his guber ticket with Oyinlola for Senate in 2003. He said if he'd given the ticket to an Ife/Ijesha(Osun East Senatorial District) candidate, it would affect his chance of becoming the Governor after Oyinlola. The plan was for Oyinlola to rule for a term or two and hand over to OmiRascal. As it is now, I advised that Engr Christopher Iyiola Omisore(Chrisore) should quit contesting as Governor(He may try his luck in National Assembly again) and allow another candidate to emerge as PDP flagbearer. People don't want you. You are not destined to be a governor. Aptly put.

I wish Engr Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Best of Luck on his emergence for the second term as Governor of The State of Osun.

I want to thank my President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for giving us free and fair election. You are simply the Best Sir, we've never had it free and fair until you and late Yaradua came into power. God Bless You Sir.

To My Osun People, I Say A Ku Oriire Ooooooo.

Osun A Dara Ooooo

Nigeria O Ni Baje.

Adekanmi from Abuja.

Cheers.
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

FG Pampers Repentant Boko Haram Members As IDPs Suffer / See The Weapons Recovered From Criminal Elements In Rivers State. Photos / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.