Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,167 members, 7,916,411 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:47 PM

Fact About The Military Presence In Osun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact About The Military Presence In Osun (17220 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Heavy Military Presence In Port Harcourt -VANGUARD / Buhari To Reinforce Military Presence In Niger-delta / Heavy Military Presence In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by koladebrainiac(m): 4:53am On Aug 11, 2014
funny , really its important for government to provide adequate security in time like that .but in all honesty let think of it this way . it seems Obanikoro or Jonathan do not learn from the past . itwas Jonathan that conducted Election in Edo ,by then they suppose to have learnt from that ,look at the numbers of security that are not useful and. cut the numbers from the one going to Ekiti . from there study the senario ,look at the number of unused security mehn in Ekiti and reduced the one in Osun . the number should be on reduction not on increase .73thpusand security. in Osun is a waste of resources . He deployed 35k security to Ekiti , he should have reduced it to.20 or still maintain the 35 security considering Osun population . We all learn from experiences . I want to know thenumber of security he will deploy to 36state sheu.g general election .
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by elohorayodele: 7:37am On Aug 11, 2014
Na till they kill corpers again or pple wen wan come vote una go know say plenty security beta. Na pple like u wen no get odeshi de vote and conduct the election. Wen e happen now APshhiit islamist janjaweedianss will come online blaming the same GEJ for not deploying enuf security.

1 Like

Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by epidi(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2014
lilprinze: 73,000
'security' personnel oboy jx because of
governorship election y cnt dy take diz
'security' personnel to borno state or
sambisa forest to flush bh out of diz
country instead dy r sent to osun
state to oppress innocent civilianz dat
came to perform dere right by voting 4
who dy want to rule dem

You seems to be the only one that truly understand the true situation of things in Naija.Our rulers are always putting the cart before the horse.They are clamoring for 2015 when they have not been able to do something meaningful with the opportunity given them now.Most of them dont really have the orientation on how to move this country forward.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by Demdem(m): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2014
The primary aim of the military in Osun was to intimidate before protection. This was evident in the arbitrary arrest of opposition figures and none from the ruling party on the eve of election for no just cause before their release hours after end of election.
This election wasn't fair neither was it free.
But for the doggedness of osun people, the intents of Jonathan would have succeeded.
Jonathan is eediotically smart.

1 Like

Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by yomexp(m): 7:59am On Aug 11, 2014
ziga:

Keep on deceiving yourself.

Educate who

Use Nairaland as your case study.

Humans in general and especially Nigerians are just used to unruly behavior!!!
nairaland.com is a faceless forum where anybody can claim to be anything without any much ado. so don't equate an election to whatever is happening here on nairaland; is this a joke or what?

now going by your logic since we need the army to conduct an election and according to you "Nigerians are just used to unruly behaviour" and we can't do anything with civility in nigeria, perhaps the C in C should handover to the chief of defence staff for proper administration?
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by lilprinze: 8:16am On Aug 11, 2014
epidi:

You seems to be the only one that truly understand the true situation of things in Naija.Our rulers are always putting the cart before the horse.They are clamoring for 2015 when they have not been able to do something meaningful with the opportunity given them now.Most of them dont really have the orientation on how to move this country forward.
d only orientation dy hav iz hw to loot d country'z money into dere pocketz
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by dabossman(m): 8:37am On Aug 11, 2014
yomexp:
nairaland.com is a faceless forum where anybody can claim to be anything without any much ado. so don't equate an election to whatever is happening here on nairaland; is this a joke or what?

now going by your logic since we need the army to conduct an election and according to you "Nigerians are just used to unruly behaviour" and we can't do anything with civility in nigeria, perhaps the C in C should handover to the chief of defence staff for proper administration?

You took the words right out of my mouth. We might as well hand power back to the military since the only language Nigerians understand is a strong hand, right? Some folks sha.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by yomexp(m): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2014
since we needed 73000 troops to conduct an election in OSUN state how much more are we going to need in general election next year? so let's say 73,000 multiplied by 34 plus FCT minus states under emergency (that is assuming there won't be election in these state). then we would need 37-3=34 then 34 X 73,000= 2,482,000 is this sustainable?

IT'S SEEMS TO ME THAT WE WILL BE NEEDING TROOPS DONATION FROM GHANA, LIBERIA, SERIA LEONE, MALI, CAMEROON, UGANDA, SOUTH AFRICAN AND MOROCO. PERHAPS USA, EU, BRITAIN AND FRANCE . for next year general election.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by yomexp(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2014
dabossman:

You took the words right out of my mouth. We might as well hand power back to the military since the only language Nigerians understand is a strong hand, right? Some folks sha.
like seriously
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by Validated: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
madamoringo: JanjaPDPweeds are losers! Nigerians know that they tried hard to steal the elections but it was impossible!

Impossible says who? If GEJ wanted to win Osun the 'Do or Die' way, can you stop it? What is 100,000 votes that cannot be manipulated? Accept it that this man is a Democrat! Except people who reason backward would not appreciate this man's effort.

Seeing how some Nigerians posts I wonder how they use their brains or are they thinking with their anuses? Why do you reason like this? Little wonder we have mass failures in WAEC/NECO
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by ALIEN2000(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Plus10:
You think Nigerian police can withstand the nature of blooding shadding and snatching of ballot box during election in Nigeria?Police was used in past elections without any success recorded.So commbing the military with them is not a bad idea at all...
......'not a Bad Idea You say....'?......I hope yr still A Nigerian...?....Every thing shuld be a continious process....Soliders Dnt hav any business....there....D police Shuld be Upgraded....In fact we hav a paramilitary.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by Kingspin(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
strangest: yes, I believe the tight security came as a result of previous incidents were NYSC corpers were killed and they were not there to rig elections as ranted by the supporters of APC.... if corpers were killed again, the supporters of APC will be the first to say that GEJ is incompetent and couldnt secure the lives of the INEC staff but now that he supplied enough security men, they are still ranting.... supporters of APC ranting since 132 BC
You dey mind yeye people.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by Kingspin(m): 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
strangest: yes, I believe the tight security came as a result of previous incidents were NYSC corpers were killed and they were not there to rig elections as ranted by the supporters of APC.... if corpers were killed again, the supporters of APC will be the first to say that GEJ is incompetent and couldnt secure the lives of the INEC staff but now that he supplied enough security men, they are still ranting.... supporters of APC ranting since 132 BC
You dey mind yeye people..
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by ziga: 1:56am On Aug 12, 2014
yomexp:

Perhaps.

Perhaps you prefer the violence that has marred and destroyed most elections we have had so far in Nigeria.

At least, it was peaceful by force!!!

1 Like

Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
tomakint:
Even if you hold a koboko and write it on a slate for the clown you quoted to say it loud after you, he still won't get it. Janjaweedians here are packaged with thick skulls undecided

hahahahha.... bros, Wetin the guy do u nau
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
EkoIle1: [s][/s]

Election is not a military affair or act of war, Osun state was not under emergency rule or in a state of war so there was no need for the military and all the faceless and nameless masked men imported to intimidate the electorate. I just wonder if we still have the Nigerian police because this is their job and the military's job is to protect Nigerians and defend the country against external aggression and even BH that's still holding on to a portion of Nigeria that the same useless military can not defend or take back from common terrorists.

It was nothing but federal instrument of intimidation, thank God the people of Osun ignored that nonsense and instead kept their eyes on the ball/their votes.

I just wonder why you people defend illegalities that's not in your collective interests...

Bros, I am not a politician either a fan to any party... the military is always there for external and internal aggression that can lead the country into chaos. Election is one of this internal agreesions .

The military will not harass u if u are going polling unit to excise ur civic duty be it for APC or PDP...
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
PassingShot: And where are the facts about the mass arrest of opposition leaders and agents on the eve of the election and on election day?

Check it... Those arrested must have gotten something to explain .. let's not be bias.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
DIVINE78: Thugs clad in military uniform with ninja like face covering material under the supervision of ex militants is definitely a scourge in any election.
Why will you bring ex militants to Osun state in the name of security during election?
Shame on PDP.

Ur source?
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Cybermugu1: @op.. To me, it was okay.. You know say nigerians like iron hand abi how una see am na?

U are just accurate. those guys that were contesting are thugs
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
wizzy11: If you were to ask me, I would suggest Elections should be conducted this way in this Country.
Since there are 36 states, Then INEC should cut out 4 Saturday's, and break the states into 9 states each Saturday.

Thus it becomes easy for every one (the entire country) to zoom in on the various 9 states per Saturday, with enough Security/ Observers to oversee The election, hence there won't be so much chances of rigging or falsifying election results.

Well for the Presidential election, INEC can come up with another formula.

With Osun and Ekiti attracting so much attention from Observers around the country, we all can see the outcome.
If Elections are being conducted with less Security on ground, and not so many observers, to oversee the remote areas.

Election would no doubt be manipulated.

I am not a party supporter, or a fan of any of these politicians because they are all the same water boiling in different kettle.
But i would give credit to The president, because i can remember vividly the experience i had during OBJ's tenure.
I can tell you that then, It was a forceful leadership. You either take it or leave it as the ruling party would win.
After that, they head to the tribunal and then it takes another two years for the true winner to be declared (if he is lucky).

You are a Genius!!!
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by PassingShot(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
austertee01:

Check it... Those arrested must have gotten something to explain .. let's not be bias.

I think i should be the one telling you this. So all 100 plus on the opposition side (APC) arrested have something to explain and not a single person from any other party has anything to explain? Plus some were actually arrested by masked men.

It may also interest you that those arrested were released immediately after the election without charging them for any offense.

We all need to unite against oppression and intimidation of opposition if we want to get any good outcome from this democracy.
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
flyingdutchman: BROS, FORGET THAT THING! WERE IT NOT FOR THE MILITARY, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A STORY OF PDP-APC RIGGING. I THINK IT IS NOW CLEAR THAT IF THE PRESIDENT HAD ULTERIOR MOTIVES BEHIND USING MILITARY, THEN HE WOULD NOT HAVE ALLOWED INEC TO DECLARE HIS RIVAL PARTY VICTOR. NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE THIEVES- ROBBERS IN EVERY SENSE OF IT. SOMETIMES, WE NEED A LITTLE KOBOKO TO STRAIGHTEN OUR BRAIN. RIGGING IS EVIL! SAY NO TO IT!

Thank you
Re: Fact About The Military Presence In Osun by austertee01(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
PassingShot:

I think i should be the one telling you this. So all 100 plus on the opposition side (APC) arrested have something to explain and not a single person from any other party has anything to explain? Plus some were actually arrested by masked men.

It may also interest you that those arrested were released immediately after the election without charging them for any offense.

We all need to unite against oppression and intimidation of opposition if we want to get any good outcome from this democracy.

Yea Sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International / HURIWA Blasts Buhari For Allowing Aisha, Others Embark On Medical Trip Abroad / Aisha Bello Matawalle Secures Political Appointment For 20 Miyetti Allah Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.