Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,651 members, 7,882,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (841427 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Please can I get the website?
emperoracro:

Visit cic website n take d eligibility test, a list of docs to b submited will b sent to u,dat sud guide u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by koladata(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello house, how much cash will be required at the airport or by immigration officers before living the country on a student visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2014
jojcanada: Letter of employment for Student visa applicant

Should my employer provide the regular visitor visa letter which says im going on vacation? there is no way i can tell them i'm going to study lest they fire me quickly......

The letter from your employer must state that you are on study leave, else the your application may be rejected based on this. It happened to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2014
emperoracro:

Come back and do wetin

Amefrica dont mind dis guy,infact run from him!!

Nawa for u o,person neva land u dey ask wen he will com bak, com bak to where!? Abeg

Amefrica if u no get PRV no com bak here o, else na verandah u go sleep,me done take over ur room for IB o

Lmao. I was gne say this too.. As if he has a job for him in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2014
KweenCee: Please can I get the website?

www.cic.gc.ca
Once you understand the things you need, then you can come back to ask questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 8:41am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: She also av a shop n I did not add any other document beside her statement of account

Did you sTate it in your letter of explanation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2014
einsteino:

First and foremost, toefl written after april is being rejected by most institutions especially embassies. This was the case of my cousin, he had to write IELTS last month even after sitting for toefl.

Lastly IELTS has a more regular exam timetable. They organise exams almost every month and have centers covering almost all geopolitical zones. So the need to travel long distances would hardly arise.

I would like to warn you of a little complication that might arise. Registering Ielts yourself is pretty easy, all you need is your international passport and 35k for the application fee. However if you decide to choose the bank draft payment option, it would attract an extra cost and you would need to mail the draft to British council lagos. When writting the bank draft, write it in favour of "British Council"... do not add jara e.g "British council lagos" or "British council IELTS" . If you do, british council wont process your application and funny part is they dont even bother to notify you that there is a problem with your draft and those idiots dont pick their calls, so you cant even make enquiries without going to their lagos office.

I personally prefer the mastercard payment option. It has no extra charge and doesnt require you to mail anything.

Now anoda problem is, if during the application you refresh or close the page after submitting the first page of the application, you would be stuck in limbo. This is because they would have recorded your name and passport number in their database as one of the applicants for that center when you actually have not completed your registration. The only solution to this is to start your registration afresh and pick either a different exam center or a different month, else any attempt to pick the same center for the same month would cause the browser to return an error message "oops an unpredicted blah blah.."

Thanks!
Off to first Bank to get my Mastercard!
Again how do I activate my Mastercard for online payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 9:05am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: Good morning peeps,
Reporting from the New Brunswick (Moncton) Canada, am settled n feeling welcome in my apartment grin

Will start my testimony by appreciating the Almighty GOD for making everything possible i glorify n thank him so much for making it a reality..my NL family appreciate ya'll for ur posts n replies n a big thanks to @slimdel for d chillpill it realy worked grin

1st Application APRIL 30TH
BIOMETRIC MAY 2ND
DELAYED MAY 16TH

Mehn i was so pained but i did not give up rearranged my documents n refired back wit an immigration lawyer wink could not take anoda delay cos of time.

2ND Application JUNE 17TH
PAPER ROUTE
BIOMETRIC same day
MEDICALS REQUEST AUG 4TH
MEDICALS on AUG 6TH
STUDY PERMIT APPROVED AUG 15TH
PASSPORT PICKED UP AUG 26TH

Here are the list of docs I submitted for my TRV application.

Sponsor is my Mum

1. 6 months bank statements (opening balance 3.5million, closing balance 6million, Savings account)

2. Sponsorship declaration

3. Sworn affidavit of support

4. Shares statement of account n letter of introduction from the investment company(in my name)

5. Letter of Introduction

6. Letter from the immigration lawyer

7. Tuition/acceptance/ payment receipt for 1year

8. My Birth Certificate

9. Police report

10. University Transcript

11. WAEC Certificate

12. NYSC certificate

14. Letter Of Intent

15. Loads of Prayer n fasting

Dont give up

Congrats Scguy

But i don't understand, the initial rejection was because your application was delayed? How much earlier must one apply as i intend to apply at teh last week of October for a program staring on the 5th of January. Is this to close? I can't afford to get a rejection because of a delayed application.
anyone with advice on this ChriGo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kudanis(m): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisviral:

Thanks!
Off to first Bank to get my Mastercard!
Again how do I activate my Mastercard for online payment?

The customer care section at Firstbank will tell you what to do to activate your mastercard for online transaction. Probably you may fill a form. That's how I did mine though mine is visacard.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2014
lewoxxy:

Congrats Scguy

But i don't understand, the initial rejection was because your application was delayed? How much earlier must one apply as i intend to apply at teh last week of October for a program staring on the 5th of January. Is this to close? I can't afford to get a rejection because of a delayed application.
anyone with advice on this ChriGo

The delay he means is that his app was denied/ rejected.. We call a denied/ rejected app here a delay. U get? Last week of October might be kind of late depending on the route you intend applying, are u applying via the paper or online route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Mehhnn! I love the airline. I'd fly it again! grin
congrats...but quickly refuse "s" from luggages. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2014
lewoxxy:

The letter from your employer must state that you are on study leave, else the your application may be rejected based on this. It happened to me.

What if you intend to resign to further your education?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2014
PlayPays:

Thanks to the new rules;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=483&t=15

Wow, that's great ooh. I've been denied student visa twice, but I have a valid visitor visa that last till November 30. Dunno if I should consider this option..# thinking..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2014
tnuola:

The delay he means is that his app was denied/ rejected.. We call a denied/ rejected app here a delay. U get? Last week of October might be kind of late depending on the route you intend applying, are u applying via the paper or online route?

Now i see, i wanted to start paniking.

Na Online oo. i should have applied now but my bank statement would have an opening balance of 1.8mm and closing at 4.8m. I am assuming the opening balance would be an issue. Also cos i had an inflow of 2.5m in June, So if i start my statement from July, that inflow would not reflect and my opening balance would be 3.7mm. What do you advice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2014
lewoxxy:

Na Online oo. i should have applied now but my bank statement would have an opening balance of 1.8mm and closing at 4.8m. I am assuming the opening balance would be an issue. Also cos i had an inflow of 2.5m in June, So if i start my statement from July, that inflow would not reflect and my opening balance would be 3.7mm. What do you advice?

I'm still a learner like yourself, but I believe its okay. Just make sure you have all other documents intact before then. You can list the documents u intend submitting so more experienced people in the house can help cover any loop holes in case there are any
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=lewoxxy]

Na Online oo. i should have applied now but my bank statement would have an opening balance of 1.8mm and closing at 4.8m. I am assuming the opening balance would be an issue. Also cos i had an inflow of 2.5m in June, So if i start my statement from July, that inflow would not reflect and my opening balance would be 3.7mm. What do you advice? [/quote

i think the most important thing are your account transaction history and ur closing balance balance. A closing balance of 4.8m u are good to gud.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2014
tnuola:

if all ur docs are available. its better u apply NOW
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dchris: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello NLs...I so much need your help. my application was rejected last month based on financial reasons. I presented my step dad's SOA of 8.3m fixed deposit acct but he has been disengaged from service due to privatisation of PHCN. Now,i want to re-apply by adding my mum's SOA of 5million who is still in service. And I'm looking at paying my tuition for first semester. What do u think? Pls,if there any other thing I need to do,pls tell me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by scabit: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2014
ScGuy: Good morning peeps,
Reporting from the New Brunswick (Moncton) Canada, am settled n feeling welcome in my apartment grin

Will start my testimony by appreciating the Almighty GOD for making everything possible i glorify n thank him so much for making it a reality..my NL family appreciate ya'll for ur posts n replies n a big thanks to @slimdel for d chillpill it realy worked grin

1st Application APRIL 30TH
BIOMETRIC MAY 2ND
DELAYED MAY 16TH

Mehn i was so pained but i did not give up rearranged my documents n refired back wit an immigration lawyer wink could not take anoda delay cos of time.

2ND Application JUNE 17TH
PAPER ROUTE
BIOMETRIC same day
MEDICALS REQUEST AUG 4TH
MEDICALS on AUG 6TH
STUDY PERMIT APPROVED AUG 15TH
PASSPORT PICKED UP AUG 26TH

Here are the list of docs I submitted for my TRV application.

Sponsor is my Mum

1. 6 months bank statements (opening balance 3.5million, closing balance 6million, Savings account)

2. Sponsorship declaration

3. Sworn affidavit of support

4. Shares statement of account n letter of introduction from the investment company(in my name)

5. Letter of Introduction

6. Letter from the immigration lawyer

7. Tuition/acceptance/ payment receipt for 1year

8. My Birth Certificate

9. Police report

10. University Transcript

11. WAEC Certificate

12. NYSC certificate

14. Letter Of Intent

15. Loads of Prayer n fasting

Dont give up

Pls bros! Can I pm u? I have a question to ask personally? Thanks! Amen too!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by halle2: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2014
Onyeoma3:

seems dis question got no response, every passenger is entitled to 23kg by 2piece...any extra luggage attracts $200.

I hope you still find the reply useful though tis coming late.

Wishing you a safe trip tonight

thanks much bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello House, how are you guys doing today. Ok. I just got back home from VFS Billings way & my TRV appl. is refused due to inadequate financial support, lack of family ties, I saw 2 letters about my refusal in the envelope though. To be honest, I did not lie about anything, I still plan to maintain that on my second attempt before the year runs out though.

Please house, is there experts for TRV's
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2014
Chrigo,

D nija students should oppose Lambton referring nija them to agents.....sum agents even collect 50k which is a total rip off. By my understanding, the agents visit Lambton and tell them what to do which is wrong. Even CIC will advise you to secure all visa processes urself, so am wondering y lambton ll be imposing agents on aspiring student.

ChriGo: ....Nope, i wasn't...During my time, Lambton process admission individually for applicants without referring them to Maple....Na just recently dem start to dey refer peeps dia by fire by force.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2014
koladata: Hello house, how much cash will be required at the airport or by immigration officers before living the country on a student visa?

Maximum of $10,000.00 but its always adviceable to go with less cash coz u can actually use your Mastercard to withdrawal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2014
timmituyi: Chrigo,

D nija students should oppose Lambton referring nija them to agents.....sum agents even collect 50k which is a total rip off. By my understanding, the agents visit Lambton and tell them what to do which is wrong. Even CIC will advise you to secure all visa processes urself, so am wondering y lambton ll be imposing agents on aspiring student.

Please sorry 'm jumping into your discussion,I thought they refered to their applicants to only Maple for their admission process only and not visa application so we don't get confused.there some countries that will direct your to their agents for admission process.I think as for visa process it depends on the applicant if you want to use the representative or not.the school did not impose their representatives to process your visa from WHAT I HAVE READING HERE since on saturday

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by testional(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2014
One love House, pls, how much will be minimum amount of money that will be in someone account for student visa likely to be granted after paying tuition fee. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2014
deehusby60: Hello House, how are you guys doing today. Ok. I just got back home from VFS Billings way & my TRV appl. is refused due to inadequate financial support, lack of family ties, I saw 2 letters about my refusal in the envelope though. To be honest, I did not lie about anything, I still plan to maintain that on my second attempt before the year runs out though.

sorry about the delay, but its necessary you equip the house of the documents that you submitted so my Ogas can know where to start from.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2014
deevick246:

For real? Alright then. I remembered someone posted Maple Zenith Bank Account details in some few pages away, I wasn't just cleared not until now when you said I have to go through their agent here in Nigeria.

If I have to apply through their agent here in Nigeria, what implications does that hold on my application as a whole?

Please as anyone ever applied through this agent to Lambton college before? Do I have to take all my academic documents to the agent for approval or I have to go through the normal application process stated on Lambton College site but then make payment to Maple?

I applied through maple and got my acceptance letter within 2 weeks. I sent my transcripts, application form, cv and bank teller (#8k).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
deehusby60: Hello House, how are you guys doing today. Ok. I just got back home from VFS Billings way & my TRV appl. is refused due to inadequate financial support, lack of family ties, I saw 2 letters about my refusal in the envelope though. To be honest, I did not lie about anything, I still plan to maintain that on my second attempt before the year runs out though.

Sorry Dee, sh!t happens. Got same news twice ..lol...just repackage n refire..all the gurus here will help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dchris: Hello NLs...I so much need your help. my application was rejected last month based on financial reasons. I presented my step dad's SOA of 8.3m fixed deposit acct but he has been disengaged from service due to privatisation of PHCN. Now,i want to re-apply by adding my mum's SOA of 5million who is still in service. And I'm looking at paying my tuition for first semester. What do u think? Pls,if there any other thing I need to do,pls tell me.

@Dchrist i prefer you use only your mum SOA.5m will be ok for just add pay slup,and latter from her office that she is a worker and all necessary document.giod luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
So nobdy decided to wish me a happy birthday its nt fair o sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Abidex087(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
edwinbiz: Any one here who applied for winter 2015 to the university of regina or university of Saskatchewan, lets share thoughts .

@edwinbiz, I wonna apply for winter 2015 to U of S, pls aw can I go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.