Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,063 members, 7,939,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (851858 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Klinkiddy: Hallelujah! Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!! cheesy cheesy i just posted this messages not more than 30mins ago now

"Bro no be only you oo undecided, i haven't seen any mail from CIC after my medicals since lastweek monday, called Asaju hospital and they said my result av bin submitted back to the embassy, hmmmm i don refresh my mail tire oo grin and skool dey resume nxt week monday shocked... #HopeNotLost sha..."

And believe me, i just opened my mail to do the normal thing "refresh" and to my surprise shocked i received a mail from CIC that "MY APPLICATION AS BEEN APPROVED" cheesy grin smiley

Mehn! I won tear my NYSC khaki wey i wear nio... The lord as bin so good to me cheesy More info on the docs i submitted later wink stay tuned.

I connect to your testimony in Jesus name!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
deevick246:

Congratulation on your acceptance to Lambton College. You go chop TRV by the grace of God.

So how precisely did you apply? Was it that you sent your application ( filled application form and scanned documents) to Maple for onward processing to Lambton College or you applied to Lambton College but made the $50 application fee payable to Maple?

Please I need to be cleared.

Amen.. I sent my scanned application directly to lambton and I immediately got a response from maple to resend my application form and cv. And also pay 8grands ($50) into deir acc.. U no need fear bro. Maple is lambton's agent in naija. U go see say na even lambton college email maple go take reply u. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by uceebee(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks man.

you a student here?
kclexa:

Welcome to my Neighborhood.
Wishing you a lovely integration into the province of good life
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello NL!
Please a quick question. I have just been granted admission to start Masters in a University in Ontario.

I have visited the cic website and I have seen that the documents needed are divided into 3 broad categories: Proof of Identity, Proof of Acceptance and Proof of Financial Support.

Can I kindly get a rough break down of the financial support part? Like how much is needed? Can I do the application fully online from start to finish? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
ilrbell2005: Hi everyone, I am trying to defer my admission to January after my first application was refused. I got the deferral form from lambton college this morning. However it was clearly stated on the form that if my deferment is approved , it will deny me of any right to request a refund even if my application is refused .All fees will remain with Lambton. I pray I don't get refused but I'm just trying to be logical . Would you advise me to first request a refund and then defer or should I go ahead with the deferment ? I already paid half of my tuition. Thanks for your help
Ur tuition fee is intact. What they mean is ur application fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
tofam3k3:

I connect to your testimony in Jesus name!

Congrats . I connect and tap into this testimony
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by uceebee(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica, Welcome to Canny!

Abeg, which airline would this be?

Amefrica:

Mehhnn! I love the airline. I'd fly it again! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Financial Support/ Statement of Account should cover at least for cost of tuition + 10,000CAD. the more the better. about the online application yes u can do it 100% YOURSELF.

pchax: Hello NL!
Please a quick question. I have just been granted admission to start Masters in a University in Ontario.

I have visited the cic website and I have seen that the documents needed are divided into 3 broad categories: Proof of Identity, Proof of Acceptance and Proof of Financial Support.

Can I kindly get a rough break down of the financial support part? Like how much is needed? Can I do the application fully online from start to finish? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
masterp204:
Ur tuition fee is intact. What they mean is ur application fee.

On the contrary I think the deferment letter he made mention of should have carried the exact wording he used regarding the tuition fee payment.

I guess he should counter check the letter, because if Lambton College deferment letter should stimulate that if TRV is not issued after deferment of the initial admission, the $6,649.49 first semester tuition deposit will be forfeited, I would unequivocally state that - its rather a stringent law, which should be avoided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
pchax: Hello NL!

After completing the online application, u would be requested to go down to their office for biometrics(It takes just a day). For the other question...fellows in da house with better knowledge will put u through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=masterp204]

Amen.. I sent my scanned application directly to lambton and I immediately got a response from maple to resend my application form and cv. And also pay 8grands ($50) into deir acc.. U no need fear bro. Maple is lambton's agent in naija. U go see say na even lambton college email maple go take reply u. grin [/quote

I nor dey fear anything jare lol

Yeah bros, I have received the reply from Maple with their bank details for the application fee payment.

I go PM you now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
emperoracro:

Come back and do wetin

Amefrica dont mind dis guy,infact run from him!!

Nawa for u o,person neva land u dey ask wen he will com bak, com bak to where!? Abeg

Amefrica if u no get PRV no com bak here o, else na verandah u go sleep,me done take over ur room for IB o

grin grin grin
You know what it is...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
tnuola:

Lmao. I was gne say this too.. As if he has a job for him in Nigeria

LOL! Abi na..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fortissimo:
...A peculiarity for admissions into research based programmes is the need to contact and obtain a go ahead from a prospective supervisor in the university of choice. I also want to write GRE and possibly IELTS to make my application as competitive as possible. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.03/5.00.

In addition, as mentioned earlier, I'll be resigning from my present employment to further my studies. My current job role is at a variance from my academic pursuits.

My timelines are as follows:
Contact potential supervisors from October
Write GRE end of November
Write IELTS end of December
Submit applications end of January

I'd appreciate any pointers, suggestions, corrections and advice proffered.

Many thanks!

Hello, mind if I suggest just ONE thing? START CONTACTING YOUR POIs NOW!
I just gained admission to start my computer sceince masters in Winter 2015 and this is what I did. Got a list of the top 50 Universities. You can filter out universities on a lot of criteria. Personally, I didn't want to take GRE so I looked at the admission requirements of the top 50 canadian schools and looked for the ones that don't need GRE. That narrowed the list down to like 30. I then started sending mails to the graduate secretaries stating my GPA and some were honest with me that they only take 1st class from Nigeria (I graduated with a 3.56/5 btw). That narrowed down my list to around 20. I then fully concentrated on those 20 and looked at tuition. I removed the top 5 most expensive.

From those 15 unis, I searched their computer science department for lecturers who's research interests me and I sent them mails. This was the most disappointing part because I got a response rate of about 5%. Only 2 letcurers said I should go ahead and apply and only one accepted me as a student after many rounds of exchange of mails. I wrote IELTS during this period and put my application together. I applied to only one university and I was successful to the Glory of God.

Mind you, my method took me 18 months cause I started when I was in final year and I am about finishing youth service. So you might not generally follow my model put I hoped you picked out one or two things that can make your timeline more feasible. Best of luck!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
ferdimako:
congrats...but quickly refuse "s" from luggages. grin

Thanks jaree! Nor mind me.. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
chichi89: but where are you? Thought you were on the same flight with Amefrica.m

Yea, we were on the same flight - I was sitting right behind him..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
chichi89: Amefrica welcome to my our country grin

*dusts hand* Fixed! cheesy Thanks anyway.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
uceebee: Amefrica, Welcome to Canny!

Thank you oo - Ethiopian Airlines..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Na wa o Nigeria really get graduates upon all the years you spent at university.anytime I read NL I just pity our country's level of intelligence.
A school sent an email to meet a consultant for admission process you are coming to forum to ask if its fake because the form is against consultants.so if NL says don't go through the consultant that's how you will foreit your admission.
Nigerians will say EDUCATION IS POWER.but do the Nigerian education system and mentality really have POWER?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
ilrbell2005: Hi everyone, I am trying to defer my admission to January after my first application was refused. I got the deferral form from lambton college this morning. However it was clearly stated on the form that if my deferment is approved , it will deny me of any right to request a refund even if my application is refused .All fees will remain with Lambton. I pray I don't get refused but I'm just trying to be logical . Would you advise me to first request a refund and then defer or should I go ahead with the deferment ? I already paid half of my tuition. Thanks for your help

Are you kidding, does that include tuition fee? If does, get your refund. there are others schools that won't be so stringent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
First day of class! cheesy
I was the only 'black' in that class ...damn! I felt intimidated lol. But I still gained some popularity *more or less*

I answered more than 3 questions perfectly, asked by the instructor.

#TeamMakeAfrica/NigeriaProud cool

Congratulation to thos who got called up for medicals and those wey just chop TRV. The sky is your limit!

Enjoying myself now - African Society event on... Laterssss.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
pchax:

Hello, mind if I suggest just ONE thing? START CONTACTING YOUR POIs NOW!
I just gained admission to start my computer sceince masters in Winter 2015 and this is what I did. Got a list of the top 50 Universities. You can filter out universities on a lot of criteria. Personally, I didn't want to take GRE so I looked at the admission requirements of the top 50 canadian schools and looked for the ones that don't need GRE. That narrowed the list down to like 30. I then started sending mails to the graduate secretaries stating my GPA and some were honest with me that they only take 1st class from Nigeria (I graduated with a 3.56/5 btw). That narrowed down my list to around 20. I then fully concentrated on those 20 and looked at tuition. I removed the top 5 most expensive.

From those 15 unis, I searched their computer science department for lecturers who's research...

Wow! Your post is quite an eye opener. I've already narrowed my choices down to about 13 schools. Most require GRE. Considering my CGPA, would you suggest that I contact the schools' admin departments first, to ascertain their acceptance of a 2nd class upper degree? From your expose, I believe this is the starting point.

EDIT: but most if not all of these schools have country specific requirements. For Nigeria, its 2.1. Why the divergence?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
in my tiny opinion, i think your financial standing is what you need to work on. The SOA doesn't seem financed enough and you need to show your pay slips to show how much you earn.. That'l show some home ties cos if they think you dont earn much, then youre a flight risk regardless of the fact that you're married.
I think you should work on that.. Hopefully, the other guys on this thread will fix you up with better advice.

deehusby60: Thank you All, positiveness is the key. I'm not going to give up easily on North America. below are list of documents submitted for my failed TRV app. (1) Registered conference on Sustainable Energy, My abstract was also accepted.

2. Bank statement with balance of 630,000
3. letter of introduction from my pastor indicating that I work in the church.
4. letter of into. from Dean in the Dept I grad from
5. my rent receipt/letter indicating that my rent still runs till 2015.
6.car particulars
7. letter of intro. from my Colonel friend.
8. wedding cert. with pictures.
9.letter of intent.
Those are the basics documents included. everything returned to me including the bank statement.
I'm already searching for new conference again, I need an expert advice on how to follow this guys, e be like say na idan dis piple won see. walai.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
KweenCee: Please can I get the website?

www.cic.gc.ca Thats all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
tnuola:

Lmao. I was gne say this too.. As if he has a job for him in Nigeria

Dont mind him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
lovelydamsel: Na wa o Nigeria really get graduates upon all the years you spent at university.anytime I read NL I just pity our country's level of intelligence.
A school sent an email to meet a consultant for admission process you are coming to forum to ask if its fake because the form is against consultants.so if NL says don't go through the consultant that's how you will foreit your admission.
Nigerians will say EDUCATION IS POWER.but do the Nigerian education system and mentality really have POWER?

U like insulting by proxy grin I understand where u coming from tho, I won't blame them,its just the kind of society we found ourselves in

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
....PLEASE HOUSE, i need an advice, my uncle in the United states who is my my mum's brother is my sponsor, but my mum is late and am not includng any document of my dad in my application since my uncle is the sponsor, but i do hear of home ties and to me i have been thinking of what i can put in my SOP as home ties..i am working now tho but am not stating it in my application now because i just started the job last month....please what do you all think can serve as home ties in my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Klinkiddy: Hallelujah! Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!! cheesy cheesy i just posted this messages not more than 30mins ago now

"Bro no be only you oo undecided, i haven't seen any mail from CIC after my medicals since lastweek monday, called Asaju hospital and they said my result av bin submitted back to the embassy, hmmmm i don refresh my mail tire oo grin and skool dey resume nxt week monday shocked... #HopeNotLost sha..."

And believe me, i just opened my mail to do the normal thing "refresh" and to my surprise shocked i received a mail from CIC that "MY APPLICATION AS BEEN APPROVED" cheesy grin smiley

Mehn! I won tear my NYSC khaki wey i wear nio... The lord as bin so good to me cheesy More info on the docs i submitted later wink stay tuned.

If u tear dat khaki, i go redeploy u to Bama 4 ur service! Be very careful!

Hahahhahahahaaha so happy for u bro,congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
double08:

U like insulting by proxy grin I understand where u coming from tho, I won't blame them,its just the kind of society we found ourselves in

Insulting?where did you see insults?maybe its way your mind and thoughts read it.its really sad the way some nigerian graduates think one one would wonder and please don't mistake my post for something else.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kayjegs: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
@MMA.....chilling for my flight to the Maple land. Thanks to everyone that has been helpful here...

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fortissimo:

Wow! Your post is quite an eye opener. I've already narrowed my choices down to about 13 schools. Most require GRE. Considering my CGPA, would you suggest that I contact the schools' admin departments first, to ascertain their acceptance of a 2nd class upper degree? From your expose, I believe this is the starting point.

EDIT: but most if not all of these schools have country specific requirements. For Nigeria, its 2.1. Why the divergence?

To be honest, I am jealous of your CGPA smiley. You stand a good chance with that 4.xx/5.00 because many of these grad secretaries do not know the range of our grading systems. Grading schemes differ and that is a huge problem when it comes to assessing a result. Also, maybe the University stated 2.1 as entry level for Masters but the level of competition for that course might mean a 2.1 doesn't stand a chance thanks to some crazy chinese and indian nerds. I don't really know why but she said "let me be honest with you, try other options because you did not make a first class". Other secretaries from other schools were like "Of course, just send your blah blah blah".

Furthermore, when I was exchanging mails with the professor that latter accepted me, when she reviewed my transcript she was like "I can see many Cs and Es and that is not good". What saved me was my class rank. I told her I graduated in the top 5% of my class of 160 students. That was when she accepted my results. My course adviser also wrote a letter of recommendation for me to back the fact that I graduated in the top 5% of my class.

In summary, your GP is cool. If you feel it is not good enough, use class rank. Tell your former lecturers to mention it in their LORs. Mind you, GP is not everything though. Your SOP, LORs and sometimes Resumes count but if a professor agrees to take you in ahead of time, you have a very high probability of getting accepted (i would say 95% chance). Another trick you can play is to apply for phd straight and they "downgrade" you to masters cos your "GP was not high enough for phd".

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
kennycooly: [congratz bro....PLEASE HOUSE, i need an advice, my uncle in the United states who is my my mum's brother is my sponsor, but my mum is late and am not includng any document of my dad in my application since my uncle is the sponsor, but i do hear of home ties and to me i have been thinking of what i can put in my SOP as home ties..i am working now tho but am not stating it in my application now because i just started the job last month....please what do you all think can serve as home ties in my application...Thanks quote author=uceebee]Amefrica, Welcome to Canny!

1) If u av any family landed property, u can av it converted to urs
2) U can also procure landed properties
3) Go n get married
4) u can talk to any company to give u a leta promisin to employ u upon graduation

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.