Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,670 members, 7,882,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (841465 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
deevick246:

On the contrary I think the deferment letter he made mention of should have carried the exact wording he used regarding the tuition fee payment.

I guess he should counter check the letter, because if Lambton College deferment letter should stimulate that if TRV is not issued after deferment of the initial admission, the $6,649.49 first semester tuition deposit will be forfeited, I would unequivocally state that - its rather a stringent law, which should be avoided.
Don't say what you don't know man. I asked maple the same question sometime ago and I was told the same tin. They re talking bout application fee being forfeited not tuition . Call them to prove me wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
I just got employed last month. 01-07-14 to be precise. Is it advisable I state it on my visa app?

2nd qstn. I can get a letter of verification from my employer stating my salary and all. Is this necessary?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tdayof(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica: First day of class! cheesy
I was the only 'black' in that class ...damn! I felt intimidated lol. But I still gained some popularity *more or less*

I answered more than 3 questions perfectly, asked by the instructor.

#TeamMakeAfrica/NigeriaProud cool

Congratulation to thos who got called up for medicals and those wey just chop TRV. The sky is your limit!

Enjoying myself now - African Society event on... Laterssss.
don't feel intimidated jor...
m loving this..
success to u bro

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
akosh005:

Am gud. How is d whether in Waterloo treating uuuu. Will mail u soon, cheers
oh quite well. Still a lot of sun left! No problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica:

*dusts hand* Fixed! cheesy Thanks anyway.. grin
haha you do well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
tdayof:
don't feel intimidated jor...
m loving this..
success to u bro

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
chichi89: haha you do well

How every dey go at your own end?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Yea, we were on the same flight - I was sitting right behind him..
okay I've not heard from him yet sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chichi89(f): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amefrica:

How every dey go at your own end?
fine fine. This week is orientation week. Lectures will commence next week. I see you're blending in already. Way to go!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
ilrbell2005: Hi everyone, I am trying to defer my admission to January after my first application was refused. I got the deferral form from lambton college this morning. However it was clearly stated on the form that if my deferment is approved , it will deny me of any right to request a refund even if my application is refused .All fees will remain with Lambton. I pray I don't get refused but I'm just trying to be logical . Would you advise me to first request a refund and then defer or should I go ahead with the deferment ? I already paid half of my tuition. Thanks for your help

@ Masterp204

How did I say what I didn't know? Huh? I didn't fabricate anything, I only made reference to what the poster said was contained in the deferment form he received from Lambton College.

I will advice you read his original post I qouted above before you start accusing me wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
lovesavvi: so u did nt add cac certificate , tax clearance nd invoices, so what do u used as a source of income?

Prayer

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
I did not write LOE

skylar2020:

Did you sTate it in your letter of explanation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Gather ur documents n apply ASAP
lewoxxy:

Congrats Scguy

But i don't understand, the initial rejection was because your application was delayed? How much earlier must one apply as i intend to apply at teh last week of October for a program staring on the 5th of January. Is this to close? I can't afford to get a rejection because of a delayed application.
anyone with advice on this ChriGo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sure bro will be expectin it
scabit:

Pls bros! Can I pm u? I have a question to ask personally? Thanks! Amen too!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
tianadiva: So nobdy decided to wish me a happy birthday its nt fair o sad

HBD dear LLnP many more fruitful years ahead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
pchax:

To be honest, I am jealous of your CGPA smiley. You stand a good chance with that 4.xx/5.00 because many of these grad secretaries do not know the range of our grading systems. Grading schemes differ and that is a huge problem when it comes to assessing a result. Also, maybe the University stated 2.1 as entry level for Masters but the level of competition for that course might mean a 2.1 doesn't stand a chance thanks to some crazy chinese and indian nerds. I don't really know why but she said "let me be honest with you, try other options because you did not make a first class". Other secretaries from other schools were like "Of course, just send your blah blah blah".

Furthermore, when I was exchanging mails with the professor that latter accepted me, when she reviewed my transcript she was like "I can see many Cs and Es and that is not good". What saved me was my class rank. I told her I graduated in the top 5% of my class of 160 students. That was when she accepted my results. My course adviser also wrote a letter of recommendation for me...

Thanks so much for these nuggets. Don't envy me oh. I graduated over 4 years ago and my present job is in no way related to what I studied, or want to study. I've heard that can result in some difficulty in getting admission. I'm readying myself sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks all for your contribution. Here's the statement exactly as in the letter.

"Deferral

Students who defer to the next intake forgo the right to take a fee refund in the next intake. All fess remain with Lambton College "

deevick246:

@ Masterp204

How did I say what I didn't know? Huh? I didn't fabricate anything, I only made reference to what the poster said was contained in the deferment form he received from Lambton College.

I will advice you read his original post I qouted above before you start accusing me wrongly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Here's the statement exactly as in the letter.

"Deferral

Students who defer to the next intake forgo the right to take a fee refund in the next intake. All fess remain with Lambton College "

lewoxxy:

Are you kidding, does that include tuition fee? If does, get your refund. there are others schools that won't be so stringent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mikolo2008: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
Accommodation:
Look for a place close to school. Check Kijiji.ca and Craigslist. Price range from $350 - $600. Ensure to get a place that has all the amenities included - hydro(power) and Internet (wifi). Call the house owners directly or send them an email.

Phone Network:
Ensure to use Wind or Mobilicity, try to get a phone here in canada because the mobile network (Wind and Mobilicity are very selective). In a nutshell sell your phone in Nigeria before coming. The monthly bill ranges from $39 - $45 (includes unlimited calls, unlimited internet, unlimited text). Other networks like Rogers, Fido,Bell e.t.c don't offer these unlimited services + you pay more.
Although the merit of using these networks (Rogers, Fido,Bell e.t.c) is that they offer better network and most of them work with Nigerian phones.
NB: I use Wind because I browse and download a lot.

Feeding:
Buy your meat, chicken e.t.c in bulk for the week or month you save more.

I hope I have been helpful,

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
blink6:
You will only need to send them ur waec/neco exam details+a valid scratch card pin n serial.

Goodluck.
bless you boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
It's fun to walk around the school and look for the "jonny just come" so to laugh a lil bit. That was how the ones we met here last fall use person laugh small. I'm not being a racist but Indians will always look funny to me while some of em still doing research on how some we Africans can fake the Canadian accent so perfect while they would be talking like they traded their tongues for the visa. I fear Chinese tho they're always the biggest competition in every science related program, they be looking like a new born baby who's clueless about the world but they be killing the grades. They wear the most expensive designers but be looking like "Aba made" on em.
What can I write bout fellow Africans? Gossips! gossips!! like Warri, Africans no dey carry last for anything. Na african man go enter bar ask for two glasses of 'chapmen' enter store dey ask for hot icecream cox the weather is cold. oversabi here and there, na me know pass, na my papa get the whole Canada. Kilode?!

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
ilrbell2005: Here's the statement exactly as in the letter.

"Deferral

Guess I shud contribute my own 2kobo here. If visa is denied they will refund your money provided u shhow them proof of your denial.

I believe what they were referring to in your quoted message was for those who were granted visa and still want refund after deferral.

Also askedd them at maple and I was told it will be refunded in the event visa is denied.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
mikolo2008: Accommodation:
Look for a place close to school. Check Kijiji.ca and Craigslist. Price range from $350 - $600. Ensure to get a place that has all the amenities included - hydro(power) and Internet (wifi). Call the house owners directly or send them an email.

Phone Network:
Ensure to use Wind or Mobilicity, try to get a phone here in canada because the mobile network (Wind and Mobilicity are very selective). In a nutshell sell your phone in Nigeria before coming. The monthly bill ranges from $39 - $45 (includes unlimited calls, unlimited internet, unlimited text). Other networks like Rogers, Fido,Bell e.t.c don't offer these unlimited services + you pay more.
Although the merit of using these networks (Rogers, Fido,Bell e.t.c) is that they offer better network and most of them work with Nigerian phones.
NB: I use Wind because I browse and download a lot.

Feeding:
Buy your meat, chicken e.t.c in bulk for the week or month you save more.

Good one but allow me put some quick corrections. Most Naija phones would work here with any

I hope I have been helpful,
Good one but allow put in some things,
Most naija phones would work here perfectly with most Canadian carriers in as much as the phone is unlocked to any network.
Moblicity and Wind are truly the cheapest but not available in the whole Canada.

It was just last month I figured out in SaveOnFoods that they sell naija local chicken here which goes for like $7 for three, they named it 'Hen'. Canadians don't buy cox to them it's too hard and prolly bad for em teeth so I guess that's why it's cheap.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by masterp204: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
deevick246:

@ Masterp204

Apologies. Oya no vex . smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
chichi89: okay I've not heard from him yet sha.

Well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
chichi89: fine fine. This week is orientation week. Lectures will commence next week. I see you're blending in already. Way to go!

See you! I gats blend in sharply.. Classes don start, I nor get choice.. I missed the OT tho - no shakes shaa..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deevick246(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
masterp204:

Apologies. Oya no vex . smiley

No qualms bros. Me nor dey vex at all. Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
PlayPays: It's fun to walk around the school and look for the "jonny just come" so to laugh a lil bit. That was how the ones we met here last fall use person laugh small. I'm not being a racist but Indians will always look funny to me while some of em still doing research on how some we Africans can fake the Canadian accent so perfect while they would be talking like they traded their tongues for the visa. I fear Chinese tho they're always the biggest competition in every science related program, they be looking like a new born baby who's clueless about the world but they be killing the grades. They wear the most expensive designers but be looking like "Aba made" on em.
What can I write bout fellow Africans? Gossips! gossips!! like Warri, Africans no dey carry last for anything. Na african man go enter bar ask for two glasses of 'chapmen' enter store dey ask for hot icecream cox the weather is cold. oversabi here and there, na me know pass, na my papa get the whole Canada. Kilode?!

These got me cracking up for real... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
vanrichie4u:

After completing the online application, u would be requested to go down to their office for biometrics(It takes just a day). For the other question...fellows in da house with better knowledge will put u through.

Thanks a lot. I have been combing through past Canadian threads on NL and I must admit that I now a decent view of the TRV process. There is a huge mine of good information in those old threads. Nevertheless, would continually post here on unclear things.

I saw some people mention police report. Abeg, is it compulsory?

Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=pchax]

Thanks a lot. I have been combing through past Canadian threads on NL and I must admit that I now a decent view of the TRV process. There is a huge mine of good information in those old threads. Nevertheless, would continually post here on unclear things.

I saw some people mention police report. Abeg, is it compulsory?

It is only compulsory for paper route, but! I did mine last week, I'm including it in my online application. I'm applying next week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
double08: I just got employed last month. 01-07-14 to be precise. Is it advisable I state it on my visa app?

2nd qstn. I can get a letter of verification from my employer stating my salary and all. Is this necessary?

Thanks

Please someone shud answer me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
double08:

Please someone shud answer me

In order to know how your new employment would fit positively to ur study permit app; the question is, are you going to keep earning from the company when you leave for Canada? If yes then that's perfect for your app but if No then I can't really suggest anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.