Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,810 members, 7,972,898 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (857610 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014
PlayPays:

If there is enough huge cash flow, it would help but still that 2.1 is low and now you can't start putting in funds into the acct. You haven't paid school fees, imagine if cic ask you to pay for 1st year and also accommodation, that 2.1 won't even be enough. Include more financial documents like landed, company or employment of your dad and if your mum or any family member has a good acct too you can include as co-sponsor, another thing is if you have anybody close to your school who can write you a letter that he/she would be accommodating you all thru ur study years, that alone would cut almost half of your expenses.

Yes I have a brother that schools in d same school and he has an accommodation..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2014
double08:

Don Corleone? Sure he can. grin on a serious note explain what you mean by God father.

Bros, no be dat kind of Godfather o. My Baptismal God-father, Church tinz...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bukky1989: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm still kind of new to this forum. Trying to process my Canadian study permit, I've gotten some document but kind of stuck with the landed property. I don't know what part of document to scan for the landed properties because my parent didn't do C/o of the land they have. Is it possible I scan the agreement they used in buying the land? Please is very urgent to me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
travel experiece has nothing to do with student visa. after u aint going for vacation, u re going for studies, abi house what do u think #siga #amefrica, and all the guru in da house.
deehusby60: Good morning to you all Canadian-Nigerians, May God Almighty be aware of our cries and hear us in Jesus Name. It's only a week I got my TRV (conference) application refused due to so many reasons such as lack of funding and lack of travel experience etc, Now I have decided to start the next application journey by travelling abroad for 2 weeks, after that I will start putting my documents together and fire again.

Please house! I have just gotten a conference invitation letter from Japan and I am again a presenting author, I would want to know, if anyone knows anything about Japanese visa application, please advice me, the conference is in November and no too much time.

God will see us all through from our A to Z in JESUS NAME.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
akanni:
Hi pally, I am not sure that balance in your bro in law's account will satisfy the VO.Statement from a fixed deposit account is good, if you can throw in some landed docs, share certificates, etc would be fine.If you've already paid for the whole tuition and accommodation for the whole period of your masters then, it could be ok.You need evidence to show your relationship with sponsor, evidence of the job he/she does, 6 months statement not 3, letter from sponsor stating reason for sponsoring you, also wanna know how you paid the tuition, you working?
Try and read back for those with sponsors on this forum, you should get more ideas.all the best and pray!

Thanks for your response. My dad is the real sponsor but most of his cash is in fixed deposit. His major current account goes up and down since he doesn't buy into the idea of just stashing huge money in your account except it is in fixed deposit. He has paid tuition and accommodation. I used my bro in law cos his own is not in fixed deposit (I do not know where I got the idea that they don't accept money in fixed deposit). Also, someone also warned me against using landed property and share certificates because they would want to verify the authenticity thereby delaying the processing during verification.

I guess I would switch back to my dad as major sponsor and use his statement of account cos it is much more than my bro inlaw's own. Thanks for all your tips.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lonewolf001:

Tanx siga i'll get on that but do i need to get one b4 applying or can i apply and while still searching and does getting a supervisor guarantee one admission to a research based program if u meet the other requirements like GPA AND Language requirements
...U stand a very good chance... Cos once the Supervisor likes your app... then u are good...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
pchax:

Thanks for your response. My dad is the real sponsor but most of his cash is in fixed deposit. His major current account goes up and down since he doesn't buy into the idea of just stashing huge money in your account except it is in fixed deposit. He has paid tuition and accommodation. I used my bro in law cos his own is not in fixed deposit (I do not know where I got the idea that they don't accept money in fixed deposit). Also, someone also warned me against using landed property and share certificates because they would want to verify the authenticity thereby delaying the processing during verification.

I guess I would switch back to my dad as major sponsor and use his statement of account cos it is much more than my bro inlaw's own. Thanks for all your tips.

Dude use ur dad's statement of account, I'm in the same situation as u, I wonder why ppl here say such about fixed deposit, what if the amount in d fixed deposit is "HUGE" resulting to higher monthly dividends as compared to another applicant with a current/ savings account with just 5mil would d VO prefer option A or B, abeg fixed deposit, current or savings account all the same, what matters is that the account is capable of paying your bills. My own opinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
vanrichie4u:

Dude use ur dad's statement of account, I'm in the same situation as u, I wonder why ppl here say such about fixed deposit, what if the amount in d fixed deposit is "HUGE" resulting to higher monthly dividends as compared to another applicant with a current/ savings account with just 5mil would d VO prefer option A or B, abeg fixed deposit, current or savings account all the same, what matters is that the account is capable of paying your bills. My own opinion.

Thanks a lot. I also wonder why people say thattoo. Maybe we should ask them.[size=20pt] Abeg, can we use a statement of account from a fixed deposit account?[/size]. No vex say the font big.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ha saxywale, mehn dat amount is not looking sexy at all.....toddler. How much i go come pay from infant till toddler.

na wa ooo, this canny biz no be small tin o. We are really enjoying in naija sha. Buh am sure they start school from 4years tho cos paying double that amount aint goin to be funny at all o.

saxywale:
the one my toddler attends cost $880/month full time and part time is $480/month. The poster might need to work around that figure.

It would vary according to location and reputation of the daycare. Home care givers may or may not be a cheaper option.

I am yet to find a cheap daycare or caregiver though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
timmituyi: Ha saxywale, mehn dat amount is not looking sexy at all.....toddler. How much i go come pay from infant till toddler.

na wa ooo, this canny biz no be small tin o. We are really enjoying in naija sha. Buh am sure they start school from 4years tho cos paying double that amount aint goin to be funny at all o.

...u need to check which province u are heading too....not all provinces have full day kindergarten. ...Some na half day....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
yomisley: travel experiece has nothing to do with student visa. after u aint going for vacation, u re going for studies, abi house what do u think #siga #amefrica, and all the guru in da house.

You're so right! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Amefrica:

You're so right! cheesy

peeps in NL don't always get the facts right before making an expert opinion about an issue... for instance SOA is the same as Savings Account, Current Account and Fixed Deposits. though most embassies prefer current account coz of the activities inflow and outflow which is easier for them to identify the source of income on the other hand funds in savings and fixed can be set apart for that particular purpose of sponsoring the individual...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
vanrichie4u:

Dude use ur dad's statement of account, I'm in the same situation as u, [/b] I wonder why ppl here say such about fixed deposit [b], what if the amount in d fixed deposit is "HUGE" resulting to higher monthly dividends as compared to another applicant with a current/ savings account with just 5mil would d VO prefer option A or B, abeg fixed deposit, current or savings account all the same, what matters is that the account is capable of paying your bills. My own opinion.

degreat11:
[/b]peeps in NL don't always get the facts right before making an expert opinion about an issue..[b]. for instance SOA is the same as Savings Account, Current Account and Fixed Deposits. though most embassies prefer current account coz of the activities inflow and outflow which is easier for them to identify the source of income on the other hand funds in savings and fixed can be set apart for that particular purpose of sponsoring the individual...

Since I PlayPays has been on here I've never read where any great head here advised against fixed deposits. Personally, if my sponsor has huge amount in his fixed I would put it in but also with a current or savings because I know the VO knows withdrawal can't be done on fixed deposit until it reaches its maturity or an agreed tenor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
timmituyi: Ha saxywale, mehn dat amount is not looking sexy at all.....toddler. How much i go come pay from infant till toddler.

Infants are more expensive, some won't even accept infants. long term"Omugwo" could be a very good option for people that can afford to bring their mum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Siga: ...u need to check which province u are heading too....not all provinces have full day kindergarten. ...Some na half day....
WoW, half day only. That one no good at all considering the fact that most parents working part time or students would sometimes be busy the whole day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bayocanny: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
@graviton, where are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Graviton2(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
bayocanny: @graviton, where are you?

Yes, boss. How far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2014

They kick against child poverty and it is people's job. U know when Canada pays u hugely...theirs is from u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kenieee: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi everyone ...
please ....
i'm trying 2 apply 2 U of Manitoba 4 my Msc bt I av d problem of contacting a supervisor, because I dont want 2 choose a research topic blindly,.....
I ws thinking of choosing 2 undergo a non-thesis msc option during my application, den later change to a thesis based option wen i've started my msc over der....
I hope by den i'll av a beta knowledge of choosing research topics and getting supervisor 4 it..
bt I dont knw if dis is possible ....
I need help, b4 I take dis step...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ontario bros!

Siga: ...u need to check which province u are heading too....not all provinces have full day kindergarten. ...Some na half day....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mehn Re-thinking n Re-strategizing begins....no place like home sha. It is well.

saxywale:
WoW, half day only. That one no good at all considering the fact that most parents working part time or students would sometimes be busy the whole day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Smiles...tnx. I understand.

ferdimako:
They kick against child poverty and it is people's job. U know when Canada pays u hugely...theirs is from u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
For student permit in canada . When do d embassy ask you to pay school fees? after or b4 d medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
timmituyi: Ontario bros!

... Full Day kindergarten just became a standard this school year.... At least.... TDSB (Toronto) ...i am 100% sure...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
atbu1983: For student permit in canada . When do d embassy ask you to pay school fees? after or b4 d medicals?
.... Mostly they ask for Medicals and Tuition receipt same time... My advise for u is to have it ready.... They reserve the right to demand for it anytime...its only if ur institution insist u arrive Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
pchax:

degreat11:
peeps in NL don't always get the facts right before making an expert opinion about an issue... [/b]for instance SOA is the same as Savings Account, Current Account and Fixed Deposits. though most embassies prefer current account coz of the activities inflow and outflow which is easier for them to identify the source of income on the other hand funds in savings and fixed can be set apart for that particular purpose of sponsoring the individual...

vanrichie4u:
Dude use ur dad's statement of account, I'm in the same situation as u,[b] I wonder why ppl here say such about fixed deposit
, what if the amount in d fixed deposit is "HUGE" resulting to higher monthly dividends as compared to another applicant with a current/ savings account with just 5mil would d VO prefer option A or B, abeg fixed deposit, current or savings account all the same, what matters is that the account is capable of paying your bills. My own opinion.
Dude use ur dad's statement of account, I'm in the same situation as u, I wonder why ppl here say such about fixed deposit, what if the amount in d fixed deposit is "HUGE" resulting to higher monthly dividends as compared to another applicant with a current/ savings account with just 5mil would d VO prefer option A or B, abeg fixed deposit, current or savings account all the same, what matters is that the account is capable of paying your bills. My own opinion.[/quote]

You guys are always so quick to criticise the thread nd yet come here for every single questions you've got. The dude neva said he got the info/idea from NL.
NOTE: Opinions from NL or anywhere else are not always accurate or final
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Siga: .... Mostly they ask for Medicals and Tuition receipt same time... My advise for u is to have it ready.... They reserve the right to demand for it anytime...its only if ur institution insist u arrive Canada...
my younger bro was asked to do medical on d 2nd of September. He did d medical today 9th of September. He has not been asked to pay school fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
atbu1983: my younger was asked to do medical om d 2nd of September. He did d medical today 9th of September. He has not been asked to pay school fees.
... Then why worry... bros... don't stress urself please... it is well..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
Am fulfilled.
My younger brother was granted medical this evening.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
bukky1989: Hi everyone,
I'm still kind of new to this forum. Trying to process my Canadian study permit, I've gotten some document but kind of stuck with the landed property. I don't know what part of document to scan for the landed properties because my parent didn't do C/o of the land they have. Is it possible I scan the agreement they used in buying the land? Please is very urgent to me. Thanks

Hey.

I hope you still find this info useful.

Sure you can scan the agreement. Don't worry if there isn't a C/o.

You should scan the survey plan though just to backup the authenticity of the agreement document.

wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
Haustraliah: Am fulfilled.
My younger brother was granted medical this evening.

So happy 4 ur brother. Mine n urz on the way.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
akosh005:

So happy 4 ur brother. Mine n urz on the way.
Amen. My own sef follow too ooO.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.