Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,244 members, 7,910,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26379 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sorry Ejigbo residents but you might have to wait till next year to get better roads outside of the Egbe road heading towards Ikotun from Lagos State Government because it is not embarking on new projects this year, only completing existing ones.

Local government chairmen will lament paucity of funds but the state of Ejigbo is awful.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by zudozz: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
This place is still 5 star compared 2 d Neighboring Ago/Okota rd!

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
thewarrior72:

Op if I post the pictures of the roads in Oshodi, u will not believe that it's part of lagos state. All the roads is an eye sore, apart from church street road sad

I get the urge to puke at Oshodi.sometimes. Some contracts have been awarded but work is too slow.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
crusader01: This is terrible. APC failed in Ejigbo. Ejigbo people can never vote for APC except they are foolish.

APC is stronger than Zuma rock in Ejigbo. I am not a party member but I know..
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
zudozz: This place is still 5 star compared 2 d Neighboring Ago/Okota rd!
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
seriously!
u can ask anyone else bro... naxo we dey surfer the road ooooooooooooooooo
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
mkpakanaodogwu: bro are you saying the truth,okada 500? For this nigeria
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Could it be due to the famed "stomach infrastructure" strategy to oil the wheels of election winning machinery
Our people don collect rice to replace good roads, tap water, schools etc that will ensure they can buy their own rice shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
bros abeg no vex,are you speaking for the state government? you said wait till next year? when the present administration will finish before May 2015.....I dont want to believe that this is a form of consolation,the truth is that the leadership in these areas have failed.....no matter how you want to look at it.
maclatunji: Sorry Ejigbo residents but you might have to wait till next year to get better roads outside of the Egbe road heading towards Ikotun from Lagos State Government because it is not embarking on new projects this year, only completing existing ones.

Local government chairmen will lament paucity of funds but the state of Ejigbo is awful.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by moneyhungry(m): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
sandijey: Fashola has forgotten the whole of Ikotun. The streets are breaking into 2. Its so bad. Igando is relatively good. Plus the housing estate there. I am guessing someone influenced the project at Igando because that seems to be the only way development comes to certain areas. Ikotun is just terrible. From abaranje to ijegun etc. You should see what people are going through on a daily basis. Not to now talk of ejigbo.
IGANDO!!?? are you fvcking kidding me?. that jungle is a first class slum!

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by crusader01(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Then they deserve those roads.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ejigbo is terrible....the lcda chairman is useless..the oba is jst concerned abt d revenue he gets from the market. No development in dat area....ill alwayz say dis..oshodi-isolo is the worst local govt in the state. Wen they kidnapped the chairman...ppl were actually jubilating nd wishing he neva got released. Nothing works in the area. Traffic infested, roads non existence...nd incase u dnt knw...electricity is still being shared(two days on-one day off)
Anytym it rains nd u go out to other areas..ppl look at you strangely.. Lyk which jungle did dis nixxa come from..ur car or urself will b drenched wit mud.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fashola over to you
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Firefire(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
flyboi1: Ejigbo is terrible....the lcda chairman is useless..the oba is jst concerned abt d revenue he gets from the market. No development in dat area....ill alwayz say dis..oshodi-isolo is the worst local govt in the state. Wen they kidnapped the chairman...ppl were actually jubilating nd wishing he neva got released. Nothing works in the area. Traffic infested, roads non existence...nd incase u dnt knw...electricity is still being shared(two days on-one day off)
Anytym it rains nd u go out to other areas..ppl look at you strangely.. Lyk which jungle did dis nixxa come from..ur car or urself will b drenched wit mud.

2015 you have a voice - {Your Vote}

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by moneyhungry(m): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: bros, not only in ejigbo, go to places like mil12, kosofe, alapere, bariga, ebutemeta, iyana ipaja, agege, oshodi, isolo etc you go see the one wey pass this one.
omoh you sabi everywhere o. you be conductor before?.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
moneyhungry:
omoh you sabi everywhere o. you be conductor before?.
lolzzzz, its the nature of my job, I go for field inspection of billboards in those areas.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: Some people that live outside Naija always hear ''no place like home'', it seems that's far from the truth.
think of no place like home from the negative point of views, you will see the truth in it.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by midetinz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
I used to live in aiyelegun road as at last year, had to relocate after 5years of unending road rehabilitation promises. Bamgbetan no try at all

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
So who do we blame? is it that the government doesnt want to do its job or that the local government is poorly funded? which ever way,all i can say is that they all have failed us.Then in 2015 another fellow will come and promise heaven and earth.Yet they expect you to pay your tax by force or fire.....
customized13: lolzzzz, its the nature of my job, I go for field inspection of billboards in those areas.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Immacula8(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
According to the CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 1999

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:
(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;
(i) registration of all births, deaths and marriages;

(j) assessment of privately owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a State; and

(k) control and regulation of -

(i) out-door advertising and hoarding,
(ii) movement and keeping of pets of all description,
(iii) shops and kiosks,
(iv) restaurants, bakeries and other places for sale of food to the public,
(v) laundries, and
(vi) licensing, regulation and control of the sale of liquor.
2. The functions of a local government council shall include participation of such council in the Government of a State as respects the following matters -
the provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education;
(b) the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of materials
(c) the provision and maintenance of health services; and
(d) such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the House of Assembly of the State.

Source http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

From point (f) above, the decision to embark on road construction and repairs lies entirely on the assembly; but the local government must take pictures such as the one posted above to them. May be by then they will listen.

Please can we find a means of getting these pictures to the state house of assembly as well?
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by illuminaty(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mtchewwwww.......dis road na 5star quality road nau compared 2 iyano school/adolf/chruch pole road in IBA LOCAL GOVERNMENT area....cum n marvel @ inhabitants r suffering n smiling on dt road......govt wee neva b tired of kuming 2 raise false hope by kuming 2 measure d road....smh

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Unemadu: 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Lagos is a huge slum!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by slimfit1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
yorke1: This is an eye sore. Is there any government running in that area or they don't pay taxes in that area. Fashola shame on you for ignoring the people of Ejigbo. This is wickedness.

Fashola where is our money the man cant even manage the councillors and chairmans.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ceasare: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
labiola: Guys, if you want LASG to do something in your area, this is the best time for you to ask, election is coming and they really need our votes, I suggest that we should have a pictorial view of all the bad roads in our community and post same on the social networks and send a copy to lagos state goverment's website, we can even send a copy to Fashola and tell him that if APC needs our votes next election, they should do the needful. For the so called chairmen, let all of us campaign against them in the next election. I believe that APC should not allow to win all the seat in house of assembly next year and also the chairman and councilors election should be shared among other political parties, with these things we improve in our communities.

U have said it all it seems Lagos state govt seems too confident they hv Lagos in there hands they do be in for a shocker if they don't address all this anomalies. High taxes and all manners of levies yet roads are still in this state .its pathetic?!smhh

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by subsurface: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
plz mega city starts from surulere and ends in lekki b4 Chevron toll gate

every other places re O.Y.O

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
debbie: bros abeg no vex,are you speaking for the state government? you said wait till next year? when the present administration will finish before May 2015.....I dont want to believe that this is a form of consolation,the truth is that the leadership in these areas have failed.....no matter how you want to look at it.

This administration's tenure ends in May 2015 but the budget from Fashola for next year will cover January-December 2015, I do not speak for the Lagos State Government but ask anybody with reasonable knowledge of Lagos State, they will tell you that there are almost no new projects as the focus is to complete those that have been started.

It is sad for those living in Ejigbo but it seems projects around your LCDA in the old and humoungous Alimosho local government area carry more weight than those INSIDE it in the reckoning of government. For example, Isolo road from Ijegun passes through Ejigbo LCDA and looks like it will be completed before the end of 2014, Egbe Road also passes through Ejigbo LCDA, The Ajao Estate link bridge commissioned this year services mostly Ejigbo residents. It is not that government is not doing anything at all, it is just that the competing demands are high.

Lagos state needs to be granted special status and funding to address its numerous great challenges.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by gbemsone(f): 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
well ,i think the road has been give to the chairman to develop but the money involve hav been chop up

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by desgiezd(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Are these places part of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by folu4real(f): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
its a common scene in Lagos, the few clean places are in VI and Ikeja

Ejigbo is just too too worst
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by ednut1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

This administration's tenure ends in May 2015 but the budget from Fashola for next year will cover January-December 2015, I do not speak for the Lagos State Government but ask anybody with reasonable knowledge of Lagos State, they will tell you that there are almost no new projects as the focus is to complete those that have been started.

It is sad for those living in Ejigbo but it seems projects around your LCDA in the old and humoungous Alimosho local government area carry more weight than those INSIDE it in the reckoning of government. For example, Isolo road from Ijegun passes through Ejigbo LCDA and looks like it will be completed before the end of 2014, Egbe Road also passes through Ejigbo LCDA, The Ajao Estate link bridge commissioned this year services mostly Ejigbo residents. It is not that government is not doing anything at all, it is just that the competing demands are high.

Lagos state needs to be granted special status and funding to address its numerous great challenges.
paid e rat, hv been in dat area since 1994, so no come tell us crap, the ajao link bridge is to service the big pple in isolo, d route is not commercial, so majority cant feel it. Tinubu was in buknor 2003 to campaign , till today dat ijegun road is not complete. comon drainage to link to ori oke canal , since 2012 they hv n finished , i can see lots of activities going on tho because elections are near, y build roads during d raining season, they wont complete one, they jump to anoda, the ailegun road they tarred will not last, and dat idiot lcda chairman won best chairman in Lag, smh come 2015 APC and Tinubu willl be sent packing, pple don open eye.

7 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Reference(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
I expect the PDP to hammer the APC, ruling party on this. But they will not. The best they will do is trade failure cards between themselves and agree a Gaza like temporary cease fire that leaves the masses in a rubble heap. Pity. Where is the opposition PDP in Lagos....or in Abuja.....or in Aso Rock looking for bread crumbs.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Hempe(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
undecided lipsrsealed i pity the masses living there.. shocked shocked
I dont think their chairman and counselor are still alive.
The residence there too should wise up and know who is really deceiving them.
that place is too disgust to be inhabited by HUMAN beings
i really... cry cry cry for them over there, now that Ebola is even everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: yeske, you can't go to eko hotel and federal palace hotel in VI when its raining, flood will carry you into the lagoon. Amadu bello way in VI is even bad also.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Made A Video-call To Nigeria From London; Looks Healthy - Switch Magazine / Kayode Ogundamisi Mocks Jonathan Over His Pilgrimage To Jerusalem Years Ago / God Is Using Trump To Humble America - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.