Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,972 members, 7,973,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (26653 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Reference(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

This administration's tenure ends in May 2015 but the budget from Fashola for next year will cover January-December 2015, I do not speak for the Lagos State Government but ask anybody with reasonable knowledge of Lagos State, they will tell you that there are almost no new projects as the focus is to complete those that have been started.

It is sad for those living in Ejigbo but it seems projects around your LCDA in the old and humoungous Alimosho local government area carry more weight than those INSIDE it in the reckoning of government. For example, Isolo road from Ijegun passes through Ejigbo LCDA and looks like it will be completed before the end of 2014, Egbe Road also passes through Ejigbo LCDA, The Ajao Estate link bridge commissioned this year services mostly Ejigbo residents. It is not that government is not doing anything at all, it is just that the competing demands are high.

Lagos state needs to be granted special status and funding to address its numerous great challenges.

Will you be willing to accept your postulation in PDP governed states. Will you be willing to accept this from the government in the centre. Will you be willing to accept that Jonathan is rounding up or winding down ahead of 2015 and so cannot deliver. Will you be willing to lend an equitable hand and criticize all and sundry based on the kind of clear evidence you can see displayed without bias.

Oya do the right thing.

12 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by DukeNija(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
ednut1: moved to ejigbo in 1994, i no sabi who we offend o, the buknor road the bridge has been completed dis year since 1999 or 2000 work started , smh, and d at foolish LGA chairman won award for best chairman in Lagos smh . my parents still stay der. der cars don hear am. i left from ikotun today for oshodi 5.45am i got to oshodi 8 am. dat area is fuked. guess because no powerful politician lives der. ailegun road has been tarred. but dat was a shody job. it will soon collapse. smh

Wat about the Bucknor - Isheri road, its taking forever to finish, since beginning of last year. The road is already getting bad sef. The Lagos state government is a big disgrace. I will make sure I campaign against them in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Reference(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: lolzzzz, its the nature of my job, I go for field inspection of billboards in those areas.

You could be a millionaire if only the opposition could sniff out an opportunity here.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Baryon: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
eaglechild: Chai!
OP please next time put"Viewer discretion is advised".

Eko oni ogbanje!
grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by DukeNija(m): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
sandijey: To make matters worse all the local government chairmen don't even stay at Ikotun. They abandoned their houses. Most of them stay in lekki. The roads to their houses are not motorable. My friends house at abaranje. The bus stop is called customs street. She told me how local government people came to dig gutter. They told the community that they wanted to do the gutter and the road. You won't believe this ba$tards dug the gutters to go and sell the sand. They totally destroyed the road. They didn't do any gutter nor fix the road. In fact that is what they do in Ikotun right now.you would see big lorries packing the sand. All aided by the local government chairmen.

We need to start stoning this people. We cannot start from the top. If we can start from this local government chairmen they will sit up. We have to hold this people accountable. Every month they just wait for their share of the oil money and share amongst themselves. You need to go to local government offices and see what they do. Many of them don't even come to work. They only come end of the month. Share money and go. What is so hard in doing gutter and fixing the road. Omase o.

The problem is what can we do? The average Nigerian is change aversive. We need to start a campaign against bad government. APC must leave lagos come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
Reference:

Will you be willing to accept your postulation in PDP governed states. Will you be willing to accept this from the government in the centre. Will you be willing to accept that Jonathan is rounding up or winding down ahead of 2015 and so cannot deliver. Will you be willing to lend an equitable hand and criticize all and sundry based on the kind of clear evidence you can see displayed without bias.

Oya do the right thing.

I am simply laying the facts on the ground. You want to comparative analysis between the PDP and APC? Open another thread and hopefully, I will have time for a debate.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
I thought Fashola was performing? I thought Fashola has solved all the problems in Lagos? I thought Fashola has a magic wand? I thought Fashola has been in power for 7+ years now? I thought APC/ACN/AD has governed Lagos for 14+ years now? I would have thought that basic things such as good roads should be taken for granted by now in Tinubu's Lagos? It seems it is all same of the same.

I guess I was one of those who fell for the APC propaganda. Nonsense!

9 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

funding? from who? in terms of loan or from federal government? anyway i dont want to excuse them for neglecting the citizens and not doing what is expected........most of these roads have been like this for over 7years running? and some were abandoned mid way.
i still believe that the present government owes the people.
Lagos state needs to be granted special status and funding to address its numerous great challenges.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
ednut1:
paid e rat, hv been in dat area since 1994, so no come tell us crap, the ajao link bridge is to service the big pple in isolo, d route is not commercial, so majority cant feel it. Tinubu was in buknor 2003 to campaign , till today dat ijegun road is not complete. comon drainage to link to ori oke canal , since 2012 they hv n finished , i can see lots of activities going on tho because elections are near, y build roads during d raining season, they wont complete one, they jump to anoda, the ailegun road they tarred will not last, and dat idiot lcda chairman won best chairman in Lag, smh come 2015 APC and Tinubu willl be sent packing, pple don open eye.

Go to 7/8 bus stop right now, you will find private cars and unmarked buses calling for passengers to NNPC/Ejigbo. In addition, you have Okada riders calling "Canoe", "Canoe".

No need for debate, just go there.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fashola is working ni o cheesy
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=debbie][/quote]

Everybody in Lagos wants the same thing resources are limited. The government needs money. Can it do better? Yes.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by TheMadame(f): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Congratulations to the OP for opening this thread. More people should open threads about the areas of Lagos where they stay and expose all forms of hypocrisy.
I work at the airport and at times drive through Ajao estate via Ejigbo road to link Idimu round about. The state of roads in Ejigbo are a total disaster. Although the route is faster to my destination,I stopped applying the route during a rain storm and the floods damaged my vehicles engine.
The APC think they were in danger of losing Osun state but the real danger is Lagos and Fasholas elitst agenda,which favours the rich to the detriment of the poor.
Another disaster is the Iba-Igando-LASU road which is continually being built then torn/dug up by the contractor CCECC. Why constuct a road at an astronomical rate,then start digging it up a various sections and causing hardship to commuters every day. If this is not corruption,then I dont know what to call it. LASU-Iba- Igando road has been built,rebuilt and broken up in more than seven places.

7 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by anonimi: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Immacula8:
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;

From point (f) above, the decision to embark on road construction and repairs lies entirely on the assembly; but the local government must take pictures such as the one posted above to them. May be by then they will listen.

Please can we find a means of getting these pictures to the state house of assembly as well?

I think your interpretation is very wrong.
There are designated Local Government roads in Nigeria just as there are state and federal roads.
Please see attached extract from a FRSC presentation.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
please i choose to disagree with you,you are really making me believe you are supporting the governments lack of responsibility and good governance.How and why wont everybody want the same thing? didnt we all vote them into power? is there now classification in terms of providing the social amenities? Are people not paying tax? by fire or by force?will you tell that to the federal government when they fail you? please and please some people in LAGOS STATE HAVE NOT FELT AN ATOM OF THE DIVIDENDS OF THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT.Don't be defensive and assume that all is alright.Some roads have never been worked on for ages,have you been to some parts of IJU?
Government needs money is no excuse for failure...when one is in power he should deliver and not make the masses feel cheated.
Meanwhile we blame the federal government for not doing heaven and earth for us,yet in these little ways we fail and give reasons for failure.......Al i know is that FASHOLA HAS TRIED BUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN THE IMPACT.SHIKINA
maclatunji:

Everybody in Lagos wants the same thing resources are limited. The government needs money. Can it do better? Yes.

6 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by otiigba1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
no wonder Ebola is every were in nigeria angry nigerians sure are a filty bunch, i bet people are pissing and defeacating on the streets of nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
otiigba1: no wonder Ebola is every were in nigeria angry nigerians sure are a filty bunch, i bet people are pissing and defeacating on the streets of nigeria
lol, this reminds me of a day i was going to ikeja from oshodi, i got hooked up in traffic @ shogunle, one man comfortably brought out his huge cork and started pissing while facing that busy road, God, it was so disgusting. @ this same shogunle i have seen a man defecating along the railway where everybody passing will see him. Lagosians aren't even helping issues too.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
debbie: please i choose to disagree with you,you are really making me believe you are supporting the governments lack of responsibility and good governance.How and why wont everybody want the same thing? didnt we all vote them into power? is there now classification in terms of providing the social amenities? Are people not paying tax? by fire or by force?will you tell that to the federal government when they fail you? please and please some people in [b]LAGOS STATE HAVE NOT FELT AN ATOM OF THE DIVIDENDS OF THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT.[/b]Don't be defensive and assume that all is alright.Some roads have never been worked on for ages,have you been to some parts of IJU?
Government needs money is no excuse for failure...when one is in power he should deliver and not make the masses feel cheated.
Meanwhile we blame the federal government for not doing heaven and earth for us,yet in these little ways we fail and give reasons for failure.......Al i know is that FASHOLA HAS TRIED BUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN THE IMPACT.SHIKINA

Actually, everybody feels the government even an abdicratic one. However, I agree with you that there are many areas that have not been attended to. Governor Fashola will readily admit it, APC leaders in Ejigbo will readily admit, so it is not something that is unknown. Why is it so? I have tried to explain to you.

Okay, let us look at urban renewal from the time of Tinubu, it started from VI/Ikoyi/Lagos Island and then to Yaba/Surulere now moving to Mushin, the Isolo road is under repair even if people are suffering at the moment. From Mushin it will move to Isolo, then Ejigbo grin grin grin and so on. It is gradual and it takes time and money.

The local government Chairman might not be doing enough but trust me, even if wants to perform wonders, his budget will clip his wings!

I have a "little" insight about how leadership works even after all the corruption is removed from Nigeria, we still have huge developmental challenges especially Lagos the "city state" within Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Lagos requires N7.85tn to fix infrastructure – Hamzat

To upgrade the infrastructural facilities in Lagos State, the nation’s erstwhile Federal Capital Territory, to first class standard will require not less than $50bn (N7.85tn), the Commissioner for Works, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, has said.

Hamzat said this on Thursday in the 2012 [/b]distinguished lecture of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers, which was organised in conjunction with the state Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.

The commissioner said, “Despite the state’s potential, there is a basic realisation that there is a huge infrastructure deficit conservatively estimated at $50bn. [b]Of this huge amount, 40 per cent ($20bn) is estimated as the cost for roads and drainages; related transportation activities cost $9.3bn.

“This implies that the transportation sector constitutes the single most dominant area of challenge faced by the state.”

In his lecture titled, ‘Roads and Bridges as Infrastructure: Economic Impact on Lagos State,’ Hamzat said to achieve better road infrastructure in the country would require the restructuring of the federation to strengthen the resource base of states and local governments.

According to him, it is near impossible for the local governments to fully take up the challenge of road construction and rehabilitation under the present revenue sharing formula applicable in the nation.

He said with over 59 per cent of the available resources allocated to the Federal Government and the other tiers, what was left was not enough to meet the challenges of providing the quality and quantity of road network necessary.

Stating that the redistribution of resources would enhance the ability of the Federal Government to deliver on its programmes, Hamzat said it should identify at least three major road projects to construct yearly in each of the nation’s geo-political zones.

He said the state of the nation’s roads had become a challenge to the realisation of the national food security programme, adding that 43 per cent of agricultural produce was being wasted due to the poor quality of transportation.

Hamzat explained that the state government had a deliberate policy to eradicate poverty by boosting the quality and quantity of its infrastructure.

http://www.punchng.com/business/homes-property/lagos-requires-n7-85tn-to-fix-infrastructure-hamzat/

Lagos State Government is not perfect but it understands the challenges it faces and is honest about them. The challenges simply surmount the resources even if there was no corruption at all. it is also our job as citizens to understand the issues at work and hold the government at all levels more accountable for its resources.

If I were asked to grade the Lagos State Government on its efforts in this regard, I would give it 60%. This means a lot will still be left undone.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by omenka(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
In all fairness, this is the worst road I've seen my entire life!!

Come on Fash, do something!!! angry
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thank you for siting all these...in sincerity will you say this same thing for the federal government without being biased? because it is so easy and quick to judge from afar....i am not in any way clamoring for support to the pdp led government.But what am trying to say is that,after giving all these explanations and those of them up there also give us theirs....wont you say they are doing nothing? despite the budget and allocations,whether huge or little? wont you say they have failed us? i know you wont.
well my own summary is that WHEN A LEADER DOES WELL APPLAUD HIM AND WHEN HE IS NOT DOING WELL SPEAK OUT,NO SENTIMENTS SHOULD BE ATTACHED
maclatunji:

Actually, everybody feels the government even an abdicratic one. However, I agree with you that there are many areas that have not been attended to. Governor Fashola will readily admit it, APC leaders in Ejigbo will readily admit, so it is not something that is unknown. Why is it so? I have tried to explain to you.

Okay, let us look at urban renewal from the time of Tinubu, it started from VI/Ikoyi/Lagos Island and then to Yaba/Surulere now moving to Mushin, the Isolo road is under repair even if people are suffering at the moment. From Mushin it will move to Isolo, then Ejigbo grin grin grin and so on. It is gradual and it takes time and money.

The local government Chairman might not be doing enough but trust me, even if wants to perform wonders, his budget will clip his wings!

I have a "little" insight about how leadership works even after all the corruption is removed from Nigeria, we still have huge developmental challenges especially Lagos the "city state" within Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by sunnyprof: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ajegule and Amikoko is also clean, I can shoe you their pics also.

I think Rjigbo and Ikotun offended the Governor or their Obas/Chiefs chopped the monies for the contracts. one of the two.

LAGOS IS WORKING GENERALLY SHA, compared to other states who only work o state capital (like ikeja only).
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
debbie: Thank you for siting all these...in sincerity will you say this same thing for the federal government without being biased? because it is so easy and quick to judge from afar....i am not in any way clamoring for support to the pdp led government.But what am trying to say is that,after giving all these explanations and those of them up there also give us theirs....wont you say they are doing nothing? despite the budget and allocations,whether huge or little? wont you say they have failed us? i know you wont.
well my own summary is that WHEN A LEADER DOES WELL APPLAUD HIM AND WHEN HE IS NOT DOING WELL SPEAK OUT,NO SENTIMENTS SHOULD BE ATTACHED

Trust me, the federal government is not as good at project implementation with resources available to it.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by eaglechild: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Reference:

Oya do the right thing.
Thank you brother.

Million dollar questions.

Making excuses for failure but unwilling to accept other people's excuses.

That is called hy........

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by specco(m): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
OP pls go over to OKota and capture the disasters called roads there. I think those
Ejigbo roads you posted can easily pass off as expressways when compared to OKota inner roads. OKota motorists are groaning in pains daily. Fashola doesn't give a hoot about those places when the elites of V.I and Lekki axis have been taken care of. But the bulk of voters are found in those neglected abodes. A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by Seequadry(m): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
broz u er jst passing chei....den Wat makes u think d people of ejigbo er celebrating doz fools...I live in ejigbo...I think u help us Photoshop doz pics to look more beautifull small abi...cos d state of ejigbo roads er faar worst dan doz pics...

TamzyTamudo: The annoying part of the story is core ejigbo people doesn't care about this failures they still celebrate their so called oba and his associates,.
maybe d people u came to visit er d ones benefiting frm d government
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by debbie(f): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Reference: you actually said my mind....same questions i asked earlier.truth is we must give credit when necessary and condemn what is not right.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by warrior01: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

What is this one saying? Can you bring forth this kind of shameless excuse if it's a pdp that is in power in Lagos? What is fashola doing with the IGR that amounts to almost 30billion per month? From ago Okota to ejigbo to ikotun- ijegun etc can you tell me one place that is motor able? FYI, Lagos currently stinks. no wonder, Ebola cases are on the rise here.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mbulela: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
This is total absence of governance at local and state level.
No defence is acceptable here.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by maclatunji: 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
debbie: @Reference: you actually said my mind....same questions i asked earlier.truth is we must give credit when necessary and condemn what is not right.

Yes we can condemn but that by itself will not fix the roads.
Re: The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State by mbulela: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Yes we can condemn but that by itself will not fix the roads.
so we should never condemn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari To Grill Ortom Over Arming Of Militia Monday / Actor Saheed Balogun Sings Igbo Songs Supporting Bola Tinubu With Igbos In Bus / Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.