Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,591 members, 7,944,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (94151 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
pedel:

The new UKBA Points-based system requires preachers and minister of religion to get a permit before the can preach in UK. This was the reason Benny Hinn was not allowed to enter UK. Carrying a UK C- visit Visa is not enough if you are coming into UK to preach; You need something like a work permit.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points-based_immigration_system_%28United_Kingdom%29#Sponsors[/url]

UKBA circular to the airlines was released early last week and their conference started on the 13th and ended this morning. The Church had no time to file application for his permit or register for licence as a sponsor. This is my opinion. I am not representing Winners' Chapel, WMA or Oyedepo.

If Oyedepo was not coming to perform/preach at the conference I am sure he would have been allowed entry.

You are wrong, that was not why he was banned, be man enough to acknowledge the fact and stop circulating falsehoods

A church run by a controversial multi-millionaire African preacher has been accused of ‘cynical exploitation’ after its British branch received £16.7 million in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return.
Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You just speculated a load of crap. You do not know why he was refused entry. You just offered your own conjecture with pointless links. Insulting people about 100 Naira bandwidth just makes you look stupid.

And the greatest mark Oyedepo has made is siphoning money from the pockets of impoverished people who remain in the cycle of poverty while their "daddy" laughs off in his private jet. I respect the mark of people like Bill Gates who created and profited from a product from their intellect and make cutting edge developments that impact human civilization. I have little respect for pastorpreneurs who fleece their gullible flock and use a religious institution as an avenue to self-enrichment. They're little different from the rotten politicians who cruise around in money stolen from the public. Infact, they're close friends and roll in the same circles with such people.

1000 Likes

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Demainman1: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pentecostal Christianity is a natural disaster with more destructive power than earthquake and tsunami put together

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247: It is not known for sure as at the time of writing what prompted the barring, but it may be connected to an inquiry by the UK Charitable Commission, which, according to Daily Mail and Guardian, accused Oyedepo’s Winners Chapel UK branch of ‘cynically exploiting supporters’.

The Daily Mail report revealed that Oyedepo’s Church ‘received £16.7 million in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return’ and that ‘Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness’.

Source:
http://thisisafrica.me/exclusive-frontline-pastor-david-oyedepo-barred-uk/

Always get your facts right before you post on the internet. I understand the temptation to type something even when you haven't gotten any facts all because you want to post on Nairaland.
What was the outcome of the Charity Commission? Is it ongoing?
His ministry receives donations from people not loans. Every religion promises people wealth in return by giving into the cause. Both the Holy Bible and Al Qur'an teaches the same. (Luke 6:38 and Surat Saba' 34;39)
Was he barred from entering UK because his church uses double-deckers buses to ferry people to church or because they encourage their members to pay their donations electroncally?
I think it's better to think twice and get all the relevant facts before you try to damage other peoples' reputation.

I don't think we will ever have responsible journalism in this country.
I believe very soon people will need to submit some verifiable proof identity and address before they can join forums like Nairaland so that they can get their behind sued for defamation.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:

You are wrong, that was not why he was banned, be man enough to acknowledge the fact and stop circulating falsehoods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html

The article you quoted is from October 2012. It didn't say why he was barred last week.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by kaydada: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
The people givng out their money are not the ones under scrutiny. The scam artist pastors who violate the integrity and ethics of charitable religious institutions by turning them to private business enterprises are the people under scrutiny.

Exactly my point. I'm speaking for the pastors who you are attacking. The people who gave, gave voluntarily so why should who they gave to and the magnitude of their givings be any ones concern.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You just speculated a load of crap. You do not know why he was refused entry. You just offered your own conjecture with pointless links. Insulting people about 100 Naira bandwidth just makes you look stupid.

And the greatest mark Oyedepo has made is siphoning money from the pockets of impoverished people who remain in the cycle of poverty while their "daddy" laughs off in his private jet. I respect the mark of people like Bill Gates who created and profited from a product from their intellect and make cutting edge developments that impact human civilization. I have little respect for pastorpreneurs who fleece their gullible flock and use a religious institution as an avenue to self-enrichment. They're little different from the rotten politicians who cruise around in money stolen from the public. Infact, they're close friends and roll in the same circles with such people.

I am hoping you can dispute the contribution of Christian religion to civilization. Tell us if tertiary education hasn't improved in Nigeria since Churches started founding universities.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
pedel:

The article you quoted is from October 2012. It didn't say why he was barred last week.

That was the start of the allegation.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Lasgidi: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Oga Charitable Commission, did Oyedepo put hand for their pocket comot money?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by blasterman(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Olammy76(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
okotv: false, and watch what you say ...
u must be a member of winner church

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by blasterman(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
in other places churches help the poor, do many things. This ebola outbreak how much has all this churches contributed to health facilites, isolation ward or even pay some of this foriegn companies money for drug.

all they know is justifying why they shd buy a jet or give them your whole paycheck

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by slightlyMad(f): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
opeyemi2013: "while over 2 million african kids need just 15cents to buy malaria vaccines, africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets ; $30m each." "warren buffett a humanitarian worth $50bn still flies commercial airlines while africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets." "Hard-working citizens who work 9-5hrs have nothing to show for it, while pastors like oyedepo sell biblical fables once a week and purchase $20m jets."

this is why i have decided to cling to the part of the bible that says "they shall come in my name" when i hear of miracle pastors like oyedepo

this man is very greedy. Runs one of the most expensive higher institution and yet has no throwback record.
Nigerians are just gullible brainwashed zombies.
when they record success, they link it to pastors' prophetic declarations.
SMH

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by parklamson: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigeria is a fertile land for pastors with fake miracles, with suger coated mouth, with motivational skills, with knowledge of leadership and prosperity, with good english and a unique style, there are lots of blind worshippers, zombie, mumu, slowpoke, blockhead, boob*, dimwit, dingbat, dolt, dope*, dork, dumbbell, dummy*, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot,
ignoramus, slowpoke, lamebrain, loony, loser*, mental defective,
nerd* and simpleton are in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
mount1ng: Can I ask one simple question, why do we cast stone on our own? Have ever heard a muslim casting stone on their own? Are we saying there is no fraud and deceit in other religion? Do you see it published. You will not, they protect their own.
No matter how much we judge them, God has the final say concerning them.
"Let he without sin cast the first stone"
" If you fail in one you've failed in all"
so we shud support exploitation nd lies by men of God abi. Ok. But some of us are wise nd we cant do dat.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Forwetinnah: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
onatisi: judging from comments here the only crime I can see the man oyedepo has committed is that he is rich and successful in his church ministry. Noone has been able to accuse him of taking another person wife ,killing someone ,taking goverment contracts or been a drug baron . So if his only crime is that ppl are giving him money then it is pure jealousy and malice .
Exactly...
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
No wonder many people are poor. You cant have this kind of mentality and be rich. Giving to the poor is lending to the Lord but Giving to God is greater than an investment. You may not believe that, that is why u may remain poor.
what of seun nd zuckerberg that are atheist nd don't give to God as u said what is making them rich.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: Does God own personal money? The last time i checked Oyedepo runs his own business just like you and me, so from the proceeds of his business can't he buy whatever he wants? oh! because he is a pastor he shouldn't have the luxury of nice things?
his business is telling ppl to bring millions nd no illnes will come near dem?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
Take a look at your life in the next five years. Lets see how far you can go. You call Men of GOD 'thieves'. Except u repent, you have broken d edge of grace. Lets see where you will be in 5 years time.
broken the Edge of grace? Where is dat written in d bible or ur pastor said so nd u believed it. I pity u cos ur case is out of hand.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12: You dont speak against the annointing and not struggle through life.. Mind your mouths folks!
well, many hv spoken against him nd am sure dey are still better dan u dat lick his shoes. Ur ignorance, fear nd dumbness knows no bound.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
mount1ng:
I said, he that has no sin should cast the stone. For he that thinks he stand, take heed lest you fall. I always ask myself, if I am in their position, will I do better?
Everybody has the tendency to sin, if a temptation comes and you don't fall for it, then can you judge others. We have seen people that judged others but when they are presented with the same package they follow suit. Are you a saint? Then carry on with your judgement.
Do you think God is fool to say let the wheat and tares grow together.
serial exploitation of people is what God hates dat i know

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Soknown: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
blasterman: in other places churches help the poor, do many things. This ebola outbreak how much has all this churches contributed to health facilites, isolation ward or even pay some of this foriegn companies money for drug.

all they know is justifying why they shd buy a jet or give them your whole paycheck
Do you know Sir, that one of the two Laboratories used for testing Ebola is owned by redeemer's university.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
mentorandfriend: The secret of men are in their stories. Go and read his story, see the price he has paid, and stop talking nonsense. While some Nigerian youths are paying the price of greatness today, you jump around town, smoking and sexing everything in skirt. Tommorrow, you'll soon say the same things about me when my sacrifices of today puts me in a private jet. Why won't you change your life sir? Are you ok this way?
if he is a business man we will understand but he is a shepherd as d Bible said. Do u know who a shepherd is? Pleas check up the word in ur dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Why Can't Oyedepo cure Ebola victims? undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by shejane: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
"My people suffer for lack of Knowledge"

"Woo unto you that condemn my anionted"

Even when God kws that they(men of God) will go astray, he still curse that tongue that will condemn them

The rot of God is like fire, you can't escape it

Thou I don't believe this report but even if is true, who am I to condemn.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
my dear, go and read about these people. Bill Gates for instance became loaded with the Bible at the tender age of 12 when his grand mum whom he grew up with compelled him to do so, He knows the annointing very well, he could'nt have made the impact he made without it. Warren Buffet's father was a very devoted Christian from whom Buffet must have learnt. Get your facts right. These People even give to GOD more than the give to the poor. Strive Masiyiwa, owner of Econet and one of the richest in Africa has been a devoted Chritian b4 he became that big. He gave to God all His life. He is a sponsor of the Gospel to many nations up till now. Dont be decieved.
how about zucckerberg, Dangote etc. Nd how come dis ppl are more generous nd behave like real christians dan ur pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by shejane: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
The bible said sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable
Have we ever ask ourselves what are those sins against the Holy Spirit, this is one of them cos the Spirit works through them.

I kw most of people here are not human, some are agents of devil you will find them everywhere esp social media but I pity some of us that will follow their steps.

Like I alwys say heavenly race is an individual race, focus on ur life and leave judgement for God

He who have ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying

Peace

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MsNas(f): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
I don't know what brand of Christianity they practice in Nigeria and Africa. I am a muslim, but I have been with my christian friends to church couple of times here. When the offering bowl is passed around, people aren't afraid to drop 25cents or 50cents into them. Most of the money goes to missionary work for their pastors in Asia and Africa anyways. Their pastor is not a full-time pastor, he has a day job. Yet, they paid almost $8,000 for a Nigerian guy who had monetary issues and could not pay his school fees.

Their own brand of worship is different too. Churches are sound proof, no jumping up and down. No excessive display. If one day I decided to every be a Christian, it's because I see the manifestation of true christianity here, not all the "come and see me" christianity they practice in Nigeria. Heaven help us.

PS: What is the meaning of "The God of Oyedepo"? Is he the only one that God is for? What about the rest of us? Smh

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
pacretus:
oh i weep for this fellow.may the God of bishop oyedepo have mercy on you.bro your soul is groaning for salvation.not until u repent u shall likewise perish.pls my guy with love i tell you this"repent for the kingdom of God is nearer now than when christianity first began.
God of Bishop Oyedepo not ur own God. So our God has special people dat wen u call their name he listens. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by shejane: 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
And what shall it profit you to get all the likes in Nairaland and live a life of Reproach

Vanity
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by honeric01(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
jamesbridget13: Just last week my elder sis told me of a colleague n a friend of hers who stopped worshipping with winners. I ask y? She said d pastor of d branch where d lady worships was transferred to another branch, this time not as a pastor but as an ordinary member. So i told her may be he must ve done something wrong. Her reply suprised me. She said he was demoted cos they said he does not motivate d congregation to give. My dear, i was suprised hearing dat. But what else can i say? Hmmmm

Same as Redeem.. Pastors are promoted based on the size of the tithe they raise monthly and the number of Members they have.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

GCK Daily 491 || Escaping The Bait || Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.