Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,953 members, 7,973,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:13 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (94399 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by nora544: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
MsNas: I don't know what brand of Christianity they practice in Nigeria and Africa. I am a muslim, but I have been with my christian friends to church couple of times here. When the offering bowl is passed around, people aren't afraid to drop 25cents or 50cents into them. Most of the money goes to missionary work for their pastors in Asia and Africa anyways. Their pastor is not a full-time pastor, he has a day job. Yet, they paid almost $8,000 for a Nigerian guy who had monetary issues and could not pay his school fees.

Their own brand of worship is different too. Churches are sound proof, no jumping up and down. No excessive display. If one day I decided to every be a Christian, it's because I see the manifestation of true christianity here, not all the "come and see me" christianity they practice in Nigeria. Heaven help us.

PS: What is the meaning of "The God of Oyedepo"? Is he the only one that God is for? What about the rest of us? Smh

That could be a church in my country and we make the same, alo our priest work, as teachers for religion in schools or in charity organisations or social organisation or as head of a student hostel..........

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by shejane: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
MORNDEW:
God of Bishop Oyedepo not ur own God. So our God has special people dat wen u call their name he listens. Smh.

U need to go for bible study, let your priest or pastor teach you how to pray. How do people use God of Abraham, isacc and jacob and God of isreal

God said and I quote" I am the God that confirrms the words of my prophet" who are those prophets.

Ask for knowledge and understanding

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by MORNDEW(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
shejane:

U need to go for bible study, let your priest or pastor teach you how to pray. How do people use God of Abraham, isacc and jacob and God of isreal

God said and I quote" I am the God that confirrms the words of my prophet" who are those prophets.

Ask for knowledge and understanding
who told u this ppl u defend nd lick their shit are prophets. Was the prophets of old nd d ppl who feared God truly of d old collecting money from ppl. I pity u.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by sexybash(f): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
after watching some investigative journalism on Youtube about religion
i gave up
right now i go to church just to past winktime

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by hardbody: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Youngzedd: Why is this in business section

So you don turn church matter to business @OP

Observing....... shocked shocked

There are very few OTHER businesses that are AS lucrative as Church business. Meanwhile, Church'ery' is the only business where tax is not exacted by government. No VAT payment, the Owner takes it all. This is an apt place to place this topic.

As for the followers, well, na dem dull. Man like me no fit do me gbajue .....ko possible

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Weah96: 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
shejane:

Nonsense. How can you quote a God? He said, she said is not a quote. Those are the words of a man.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by okotv(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Olammy76: u must be a member of winner church
no....Deeper Life Bible Church
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Owoplenty(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Sow ur seed or die a pauper,my bishop is d harvester,and u folk are labourers.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by ewizard1: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
It is certain some people would die being SHEEPS!!!

hmm hmm
Dazzal !!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by ewizard1: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lmaoooo!

"God said, and I quote"

How? Please listen to yourself! "GOD said..."

You? quote the Almighty God?

Lobatan!!! This is the height!

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Mintayo(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Smh...we christains hve alot of "love" to learn.
All i see here is hate and jealousy. Unverifiable story,bias story,one-sided story.
Oyedepo did not force anybody to give him money,but people here are so much filled with hate that they won't reason with their head.
God should help we christain,we are the one "shooting" our legs!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mentorandfriend(m): 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze: You are so demented mtcheeew....
You amuse me. I know your type, and I know where they usually end up. Don't qoute me again. We're class apart.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mentorandfriend(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Doclight: umm friend, i've tried d number u gave me, but it seems not to b on whatsapp
I'll send you my mtn digits right away. Check your mail box.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by sammieguze(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thanks. Case closed.
mentorandfriend: You amuse me. I know your type, and I know where they usually end up. Don't qoute me again. We're class apart.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by cold(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You just speculated a load of crap. You do not know why he was refused entry. You just offered your own conjecture with pointless links. Insulting people about 100 Naira bandwidth just makes you look stupid.

And the greatest mark Oyedepo has made is siphoning money from the pockets of impoverished people who remain in the cycle of poverty while their "daddy" laughs off in his private jet. I respect the mark of people like Bill Gates who created and profited from a product from their intellect and make cutting edge developments that impact human civilization. I have little respect for pastorpreneurs who fleece their gullible flock and use a religious institution as an avenue to self-enrichment. They're little different from the rotten politicians who cruise around in money stolen from the public. Infact, they're close friends and roll in the same circles with such people.
Succinctly put!Couldn't put it more eloquently myself

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by fcroesus11: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247:

Church nor be business? Abi you nor see the 16.7 million pounds wey dem dey talk about? tongue

Leave them as if them no sabi read

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by chukslawrence(m): 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Judge not! Buh 4 private jets is too much baba... Buh same goes to the muslim clerics also, they are even worse in terms of brainwashing people
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:

That was the start of the allegation.
So you mean that was why he was denied entry? Are you working with UKBA? I will quote you when Oyedepo enter UK soon.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by bright007(f): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lakayanah: I don't think there is a greater fraud than the church business in Nigeria. Yet people wonder how can anyone be brainwashed to blow themselves up with bombs. If a single man can come out and tell you to bring everything you've worked for with your sweat and blood and you give willingly there's no level of persons that cannot be hypnotized. Main while I am a Christian I know what to do with my money and I can see clearly where the needy are.
Even if i dont support extortion or the abuse of the office of the 'pastor', it can never, i repeat, it can never be compared with brainwashing someone to blow up himself.
Stop hiding under the guise of ' i am also a Christian' to promote suicide bombing, collecting all someone has ever worked for can never be equal to telling that someone to blow up theirself.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
Anything u ppl like write he remains my pastor till eternity

But watch whatever nonsense u type here cos it could be use against you in heaven.

Team Oyedepo! Exceeding Grace

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
pedel:
So you mean that was why he was denied entry? Are you working with UKBA? I will quote you when Oyedepo enter UK soon.

Unlike you i don't make up stories, daily mail published this story 2yrs ago after conducting an undercover investigation on some of his branches in the UK then published their findings. Of course he can enter the UK again if he clears his name of any wrong doing but at the moment accept the fact that he is banned and stop making up stories.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by tomkaka(m): 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
Seriously am tired of d whole thing.......wetin he dey do wit 4 jets? Dis age is kinda curly, may God have mercy.....but I won't still judge nobody. God knws best nd he knws all.................

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Weah96: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
adesinaabiodun: Anything u ppl like write he remains my pastor till eternity

But watch whatever nonsense u type here cos it could be use against you in heaven.

Team Oyedepo! Exceeding Grace

Team Oyedepo indeed. You work for the 'ministry' don't you?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by bendeclerk: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Na heaven go barr am next thats if heaven actually exists
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Rexyl(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
All those working with God to make his will known and prepare others for his kingdom should know that people are studying and copying them as they should do with God's word. Anything done outside what the Bible sets as the standard is dangerous and could pervert faith. Anybody acting as a stumbling block to others are in the danger of God's judgment. Also anyone finding a way to oppose God and seeking a way to justify evil and continue in sin is in danger of God's judgment. God has spoken his word it is left to you to turn the right attitude. God cannot be mocked except someone deceives himself

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by iamord(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Uteghe: UK has made a grave mistake by persecuting Bishop. All these is a reaction to his anti-gay stance.

Which kind person be this Can't you juust see something Is wrong cos the mans institution is not in right standings..

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by RebelLeader15(m): 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
VirginFinder: There are many lunatics, idddiots, morrrons, nuisances, bastards and satanic wretchs on this thread.

Who forced you to attend any church or give your 10 kobo?

Mind your business!
are you supporting those religion criminals or you are against them?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by RebelLeader15(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
vareal: Touch nt my anointed ND do my prophet no harm
pls dnt draw course to ursef cos of him. Let God judge. After all he did nt force them to giv. Given to d church or a man of God is
biblical. The problem with us is that wen we giv, we still go ahead to monito wit d person did wit d gift.too bad
you are so blind to the extent that you can't even see your failing future, you have proof to be a young man with infantile reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by solutions2itech(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
Read the post well & stop concluding... The post says uk branch not nigerian branch
ALISMILE: I find difficult to believe that such level of exploitation happens in christianity. Yet some fools still follow and re willing to give their hard earned money to the already rich pastor. Nigerians alws claim they re smart wen in trut they re dumb!
Bottom line- 16.7million pounds 4rm uk branch that waz y he was barred
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Doclight(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
mentorandfriend: I'll send you my mtn digits right away. Check your mail box.
ok sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos) / Eating In The Dream – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.