Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,575 members, 7,944,739 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (94148 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by nora544: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2014
jamesbridget13: Just last week my elder sis told me of a colleague n a friend of hers who stopped worshipping with winners. I ask y? She said d pastor of d branch where d lady worships was transferred to another branch, this time not as a pastor but as an ordinary member. So i told her may be he must ve done something wrong. Her reply suprised me. She said he was demoted cos they said he does not motivate d congregation to give. My dear, i was suprised hearing dat. But what else can i say? Hmmmm

I got the same information about a Pastor from RCCG that he was not able to give the money to Adeboye what he want from him, he leave the church!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by VictorOme(f): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Which it does
Fomaxcool: I know this will later make front page
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2014
LagBlogger: Holy Business indeed.
No be small Holy Biz ... smileysmileysmiley
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by onatisi(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Leave them...If there's one church that has like 70% big shots, it should be winners chapel. The church gather tycoons, I no fit shout. Some people even attend the church for connections # fact. Like a friend said " if Dangote was a Christian, he would be a winners member"
judging from comments here the only crime I can see the man oyedepo has committed is that he is rich and successful in his church ministry. Noone has been able to accuse him of taking another person wife ,killing someone ,taking goverment contracts or been a drug baron . So if his only crime is that ppl are giving him money then it is pure jealousy and malice .

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by achijo: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2014
All in the name of God, may God have mercy on us.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by onatisi(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Someone said, somebody said ,every time who are these someone and somebody?which branch of these churches are involved?spill it out and let everyone judge. Rumours everywhere haba nigerians
jamesbridget13: Just last week my elder sis told me of a colleague n a friend of hers who stopped worshipping with winners. I ask y? She said d pastor of d branch where d lady worships was transferred to another branch, this time not as a pastor but as an ordinary member. So i told her may be he must ve done something wrong. Her reply suprised me. She said he was demoted cos they said he does not motivate d congregation to give. My dear, i was suprised hearing dat. But what else can i say? Hmmmm
nora544:
I got the same information about a Pastor from RCCG that he was not able to give the money to Adeboye what he want from him, he leave the church!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by haibe(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: You may have a point, but the truth is: its his money and anyhow he chooses to spend it so be it.
don't you still get the point? He is a pastor and preaches prosperity by giving, he should give too unless he is an hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by kennyamusa(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
My dear friend. Dont be lazy. Go and read it. Let me help u post it sha. "He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and thath which he hath given will he pay him again". I believe if u ever went to school, it should be clear anough.
what does it mean is what am asking,how much v u lend God ooooo and when is he paying back ooooo ?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by jahlove4jah: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze:

religion....making fool of people since 0000BC.

Was shocked when a chemistry professor confessed he also bath with salt water because he claimed prophect t.b. Joshua was the one who sent the message.

Chai.....religion is nothing but modern day 419.

Make me sef go start a business jare... Sorry... I Mean a church cheesy
. A disgrace to western education.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2014
sindyko: Oyinbo wil neva encourage exploitation, but my gullible nigerians wil commend any move by their clergy. Until wen wil undatstand their are playin on our naïve.
Playing on your naivety, not naive (noun versus adjective). kiss

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2014
opeyemi2013: "while over 2 million african kids need just 15cents to buy malaria vaccines, africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets ; $30m each." "warren buffett a humanitarian worth $50bn still flies commercial airlines while africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets." "Hard-working citizens who work 9-5hrs have nothing to show for it, while pastors like oyedepo sell biblical fables once a week and purchase $20m jets."

Wise quote. ... Nigerians learn from this!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by fuke(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2014
Church is a business and it is such a big shame.
This makes about the third top clergy blacklisted in the UK.
i am a xtian but see this http://naijabizideas.com/how-to.html
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by redsun(m): 11:31am On Aug 16, 2014
grin grin grin

jahlove4jah: . A disgrace to western education.

Chemistry gini?A typical nigerian intellectual aka lazy intellectual.And we wonder why the country is going down the drain when there countless universities intensively manufacturing brainwashed graduates.

Just imagine the kind of graduate that would have been schooled by the brainwashed "professor" that baths with corrosive salt.Something he should have been well aware of a chemist,not just chemist but a "professor chemist"

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2014

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by neyobills: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=onatisi]Well whether oyedepo is a scam or not is inconsequential. If his members are happy with him and the way he makes and spend money then that is their own problem.if you aren't a member of his church or if you don't give him any money then you have no caUse or right to question him or his church. It is his own business. I think the reason he was barred maybe because he registered his church there as a charity organisation [/quote)

Your post has been the only sensible one so far,the credibility of the story itself is still sketchy so let's hear from a reliable source the reason if it ever happened before we start the open mouth,the donations were made voluntarily neither did he loan money from any financial institution so I don't think the Scotland yard or whoever has anything against him or his organization,if the members are ok with him owning 4 jets its cool as long as they can afford it,I wonder why anyone would be calling these men of God scammers on here except u have anything against them that we all don't know not just baseless allegations,and if u go to church everyday and u don't give offering or tithe or pledge nobody go cane you,let's cut him some slack pls.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2014
temitemi1: No comment! Only God can judge...

Abeg na daily excuse be dat, "Only God can judge" why then Baba God give us Sense of Good and Evil!!!" when you see something wrong say its wrong!!! jesus was not known for the cattles nor wealth he had but for the lives he touched!!!"

wake up

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Uteghe(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2014
UK has made a grave mistake by persecuting Bishop. All these is a reaction to his anti-gay stance.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by uzoexcel(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2014
nt just beeen brainwashed....seems like there's some kkinda weird hypnotism going on and which even logical people fall prey too..sad sad sad
iamord:

Correct sentence should be

BRAINWASH IS INCREDIBLY STRONG!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Dcmg(m): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2014
"Religion is regarded by the common man as true,by the wise as false and by the government as useful"-Seneca
Fools keep falling for the Prank of nonsense religion when you should be changing the world for the better you are busy enriching a pastor that gives no fvck about you,while
Millions of people are dying of hunger and sickness everyday.
Great men are committed to humanity and not rubbish religion.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by simdam500(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2014
Dolemite: YESS!! these thieves are finally getting exposed. I love a country that isn't afraid to protect it's citizens from crooks like Oyedepo, Adeboye etc grin

maybe that why the western world keep moving forward, not praying only but working (finding a solution to our own mess (EBOLA))....

it not our fault too o... my sister

when the President of a Country goes to pastor and knelt publicly in front of him and the congregation (media included) and you expect the G.O not to trespass, if naa me and you nko

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by redsun(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2014
To think that nigerians falls for such scam in a country like uk with their hard earned pounds is mind boggling.What will make somebody needs god's help in a developed systems where hard work and excellence counts? I kind understand people being fooolishly deluded in nigeria where nothing works,but not in a place like uk where it is obvious that getting it right or wrong is a n individual choice with little or no hindrance from the system.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by cold(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
parklamson: Nigeria pastors? Hnmmm.... I only have respect for Enoach adeboye of redeemer, other pastors are 419, barawo, thief,cheat, clip, criminal, crook, defalcator, embezzler, heister, highway robber, hijacker, holdup artist, housebreaker, kleptomaniac, larcener, larcenist, lifter, moonlighter, mugger, owl, pickpocket, pilferer, pirate,
plunderer, porch climber, prowler, punk*, purloiner, robber, scrounger, shoplifter, sniper, spider, stealer, stickup artist, swindlers. Oyedepo is a more than thief. But I can't blame them,it's reflection of Nigeria economy. Pastoring,alternative job to unemployment, only in nigeria
Enoch Adeboye? Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by badman007(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Who writes these things anyway?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by simdam500(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
tellwisdom: Ban the queen too, she's eating free money angry

oh you meant mummy G.O
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Emmaomotob(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze:

religion....making fool of people since 0000BC.

Was shocked when a chemistry professor confessed he also bath with salt water because he claimed prophect t.b. Joshua was the one who sent the message.

Chai.....religion is nothing but modern day 419.

Make me sef go start a business jare... Sorry... I Mean a church cheesy
It is not the load that kills but how you carry it.There has been much ado about how the church which was once known for philanthropy,free health and education is now know for money making in Africa,thereby giving way for infidels who think the world was created from big bang(a theory)to poor out their foolishness and narrow-mindedness on Christianity.Jesus could afford a horse,but did his teachings walking,he could have married the most beautiful of women,yet married none. KNOW WHAT YOU WISH FOR. sad

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by hippyzuki(f): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Well first things first I am a winner. But ve never agreed wiv their methods exp as regards money offerings an others. If any1 is found guilty of the law he should face the music be it Man of God or man of man. We need to use our brains.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by simdam500(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Okijajuju1: Ashimolowo and Oyedepo...

Thanks UK for helping Africans do what they can't.

you mean Ashimolowo too is barred?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Soknown: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=neyobills][/quote]
Many thanks neyobills. Agreed that many of the churches are run as businesses, but they are legitimate businesses. Nobody is being forced to give or even go to church a or b in the first place. I think we should be more concerned about what the government does with our taxes rather than castigating people going about their legitimate businesses (if you don't pay tax you could be sued, nobody will sue you if you don't pay tithe n offering). Come to think of it, some of them are registered with CAC and pay taxes.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2014
redsun: To think that nigerians falls for such scam in a country like uk with their hard earned pounds is mind boggling.What will make somebody needs god's help in a developed systems where hard work and excellence counts? I kind understand people being fooolishly deluded in nigeria where nothing works,but not in a place like uk where it is obvious that getting it right or wrong is a n individual choice with little or no hindrance from the system.

because most nigerians , wherever they are all over the world, want the quickest route to wealth. without going thru due process of planning, hardwork, diligence, dedication and team work. Miracle money is somewhere waiting for gullible nigerians to go and receive, gbam!..somewhere..
And poverty with desperation still reeks everywhere...smmhh.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by englishmart(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
[size=45pt]

[/size] this is all I can say for now.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by bejeria101(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
I knw dat dis wld gladden the hearts of some morons
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
simdam500:

you mean Ashimolowo too is barred?

Ashimolowo is not barred but he is on their watch list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

GCK Daily 491 || Escaping The Bait || Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Stephanie Otobo's BBM Sex Chats With Apostle Suleman Released By Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.