Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife (11960 Views)

Poll: Do you like the Good Wife Guide?

Yes: 41% (12 votes)
No: 58% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / The Wonderful Achievements Of A 6 Months Old Nairalander (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 1:18am On Oct 31, 2008
jjyou r u serious?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by JJYOU: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

jjyou r u serious?
go read the first few pages well and leave my dear sister alone. tks
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 1:22am On Oct 31, 2008
JJYOU:

how come you guys have not read this was a joke?

I tire ooooh! Was kind of hoping it would get posts like Biolabee's. . . guess not.  undecided
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2008
@topic
Sounds like me cool

Hehehehehehe grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by JJYOU: 1:25am On Oct 31, 2008
by Jinx

Re: Guide To Becoming A Good (naija) Wife
« #24 on: October 21, 2008, 04:11 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh give me a break! You were all over it until you read Karma's post. I thought I was doing such a shitty job of it, no one would take it seriously but to my surprise, they did. So I had to make it even shittier. . . something YOU still fell for.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 1:26am On Oct 31, 2008
JJYOU:

go read the first few pages well and leave my dear sister alone. tks

kiss kiss kiss kiss

ibkaye:

@topic
Sounds like me cool

Hehehehehehe grin

grin grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 1:33am On Oct 31, 2008
and u actually created a blog nd evrything?
wow.
i cn like to borrow some extra hours from ur day since u have plenty.lol
bye bye o.
lmao.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2008
Aaaaa! The Beauty of marrying rich, you can buy all the time you want.

Wish I could borrow but. . . I don't wanna.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by JustGood(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

Please let us all try to help this woman.
I honestly believe she is either beaten by her husband or is being held against her will.
I believe this is a cry for help.
We are here for you.

Baby Jinx
Do you have a career?
I'm being serious please.
The manner in which you log in and log out whenever there is a reply to a post indicates something else is responsible for this behaviour.

Ha ha ha

Pap, just leave that woman alone o. Dont let her vent all her frustrations on you
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2008
Baby Jinx:

I tire ooooh! Was kind of hoping it would get posts like Biolabee's. . . guess not. undecided

ehhhrmmmm I heard my name there,
jinxie how u doing and hw has d wk been? had a brainwave ur name reminds me of halle berry's in Die Abother Day
that gal was hot and wild is she the model of a good woman? cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
JustGood:

Ha ha ha

Pap, just leave that woman alone o. don't let her vent all her frustrations on you

Tee hee hee. . . okay, why do I have an image of you peeking out of a blanket, with frosty air coming out of your mouth, going  “I see frustrated women”?

Lmao!

On a serious note, You guys must be surrounded with a lot of frustrated women oooh! Abi what is the explanation for seeing frustration everywhere. Before we carry igba, it's frustration, after we carry awo. . . It's frustration. Look I know that's about the only word the women in your lives know but Oga JustGood. . . Not everyone is like them, okay?

Ay! There is nothing sadder than an insecure man. . . hallaing all over the place because of a silly write up. Real, sensible men looked at it, laughed and made good points about how things should be. Pansies get all hot and bothered because they know this is how they want things to be and they don't want it mocked because they fear the wives they have permitted to use they computer, will see it and have their senses snapped back to normal.

Awwww! Eeeya, living in fear is the worst!

And this sudden interest in my timeRotflmao! Okay, let's just say  I don't have A YOU, who thinks the world is going to end if I'm not on my hands and knees all day, in my life, mmmkay.

So I can do this. . .

Or this 

Or even this . . . don't know how but I can learn because I won't be chained to a stove all day.

Hey, maybe if you allowed your wife to take a break once in a while. . . . nothing major, say from the kitchen to the living room, you won't be seeing frustration everywhere.

Just a thot. wink
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2008
biolabee:

ehhhrmmmm I heard my name there,
jinxie how u doing and hw has d wk been? had a brainwave ur name reminds me of halle berry's in Die Abother Day
that girl was hot and wild is she the model of a good woman? cheesy

LMAO! I must apologize for putting you on the most wanted/hated man list. Where do you live, so I can send some Halle Berry type women to come guard your house from the touch bearers?

Ya darn skippy she is a model woman. She is the kind of girl who goes out there and helps her man slay the dragon, come home and take care of business too. . . if you know what I mean. wink She is not some dodoyo who can barely think for herself. . . A Mrs. Oga if you please. ( Oh snap I di'ent? Oh Yes sir. . . I did  grin)
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2008
its tgif once again,

i would appreciate some hot type chicks doing me the honor of watching after me o grin

on the issue of psychologists brainwashing the modern women well God knows

O for the woman in the mold of madam Tinubu, Amina of Zaria whi ran things and fathered kings,
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Leilah(f): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
Its man, its a joke also but its a cry out to women to wake up.

it is also how a lot of Nigerian men treat their wives and expect them to agree to everything.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
Consideration, Liberation and Discontent

Hello my fellow sisters in marriage,
My husband has been so wonderful this past few days, it’s unbelievable. The other day, he came home and saw how clean the house was, how well his food was cooked, how pressed his clothes were and how polished his shoes looked. He looked at me, smiled very indulgently and told me so sweetly that I was becoming efficient. . . too efficient, he fears the corporate world will come knocking. I laughed him off. . . I mean I know he is only trying to boast my ego (Goodness, I am so blessed to have him in my life).

Anyway, this whole corporate world to me thinking. . . How is it like for women in that world. . . A man’s world. I imagined it would be hard because these women libber always talk about how things aren’t easy for them. Ever since the Psychology and Psychiatrist issues, I have decided never to take their word for it anymore and so with my husband’s permission, I decided to look into and my the things I found out. . . Oh my heavens, my fellow sisters in marriage, they were spectacular. Men are so generous! They have special rules and regulations to accommodate us and I am going to share these rules with you, so you see how wrong these women libbers are.

How to Pick Efficient Female Workers

1. Pick young married women. They usually have more of a sense of responsibility than their unmarried sisters, they're less likely to be flirtatious, they need the work or they wouldn't be doing it, they still have the pep and interest to work hard and to deal with the public efficiently.

2. When you have to use older women, try to get ones who have worked outside the home at some time in their lives. Older women who have never contacted the public have a hard time adapting themselves and are inclined to be cantankerous and fussy. It's always well to impress upon older women the importance of friendliness and courtesy.

3. General experience indicates that "husky" girls - those who are just a little on the heavy side are more even tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters.

4. Retain a physician to give each woman you hire a special physical examination - one covering female conditions. This step not only protects the property against the possibilities of lawsuit, but reveals whether the employee-to-be has any female weaknesses which would make her mentally or physically unfit for the job.

5. Stress at the outset the importance of time; the fact that a minute or two lost here and there makes serious inroads on schedules. Until this point is gotten across, service is likely to be slowed up.

6. Give the female employee a definite day-long schedule of duties so that they'll keep busy without bothering the management for instructions every few minutes. Numerous properties say that women make excellent workers when they have their jobs cut out for them, but that they lack initiative in finding work themselves.

7. Whenever possible, let the inside employee change from one job to another at some time during the day. Women are inclined to be less nervous and happier with change.

8. Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. You have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipstick and wash her hands several times a day.

9. Be tactful when issuing instructions or in making criticisms. Women are often sensitive; they can't shrug off harsh words the way men do. Never ridicule a woman - it breaks her spirit and cuts off her efficiency.

10. Be reasonably considerate about using strong language around women. Even though a girl's husband or father may swear vociferously, she'll grow to dislike a place of business where she hears too much of this.

11. Get enough size variety in operator's uniforms so that each girl can have a proper fit. This point can't be stressed too much in keeping women happy

Oh my fellow sisters in Marriage, How happy I was too read this because it is exactly the same consideration our husband give us at home, especially number six. Which brings me to the main point of today's post, why do you need to go work when you can get the same experiences AND better considerations at home? Why argue with your husband when he tells you to quit you job and have housewifery career?

Think about it Fellow Wives before you make the decision to leave the comfort of your home, to go do the same thing somewhere less comfortable, A place where your husband isn’t going to be there to pat you on the head.

May our husband be bestowed enough patience to be considerate of us despite our ungratefulness.  smiley

A Good Naija Wife.  smiley

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by H2O2: 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
Good Naija wife. Isn't that an oxymoron?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:32am On Nov 05, 2008
Acid, seriously I don't like this new you. What's up?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
dat idea applied 2 women of d 60s n 70s.2 out of 10 women dis days have dose qualities.with exposures to movies, internet,reality shows like (kendra n kourtney n khloe take miami), feminist theories n books etc. civilization has taking over d "wifey thingy"
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Approved1(f): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
I agree with all of this except the next to last one. "Never question his judgement" undecided

Might be fewer divorces if the modern woman and western women catered to her man a little more. But then again, many Naija wives are like this and they are repaid with mistresses and 2nd and 3rd sister-wives
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
@approved 1.yes i know divorce rates n polygamy r common.but contemporary women av alredy lear nt from dia predecessors mistakes n dey av alredy prepared demselves 4 d future if d guy divorces dey only loose d man but dey r financially comfortable n successful (not necessarily feminist sha).d new slogan 4 d women folk now is '4 beta 4 stay,4 worse 4 go.dey av options like d women ahead of dem which if dey dear divorce their lives n dat of their children will be shattere but not dis days
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by SisiKill1: 10:04am On Jan 13, 2010
kulyie:

dat idea applied 2 women of d 60s n 70s.2 out of 10 women dis days have dose qualities.with exposures to movies, internet,reality shows like (kendra n kourtney n khloe take miami), feminist theories n books etc. civilization has taking over d "wifey thingy"

Now isn't that just so sad!!

We need to work together to get the numbers up.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by SisiKill1: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
After reading the topic on how to greet your husband when he comes home from work, I think it is time for our Annual WORKING AT PERFECTION Seminar. Obviously people women have not attended, that it. . .that's why we are still getting silly questions. angry angry
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
The thread was last updated in 2008 by the @Poster. It has been 4 years, and her blog has been equally abandoned. Make she come update us on how her perfect life as a housewife has been going now.

It would be nice to know there is hope for traditional housewives even in this day and age when everyone is so connected and so busy.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
But seriously, where is the @OP?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: But seriously, where is the @OP?

Raising hand. . . embarassed

There was a period in NL history when Seun and I weren't the perfect couple we are today. We didn't see eye to eye and he was always banning me. angry angry
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2012

You wouldn't happen to be Sisi_Jinx too grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by SisiKill1: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Guilty embarassed
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2012

Here's hoping @Seun won't change his mind about your new moniker soon . . . .
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
those days of sisi jinx to baby jinx to sisikill to sisi-kill cheesy cheesy

admin aka otherwise. . .Ban! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? / My Husband Has Just Had A Baby With Another Woman - I Am Hurting / My Wife Has No Respect Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.