Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,267 members, 7,967,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:03 AM

OAU Slashes Tuition - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Slashes Tuition (18503 Views)

Naira Depreciation: ACCA Slashes Fees For Nigerian Students. / Gov T.A Orji Slashes ABSU Fees By 20% / Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Resilience: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2014
Nigerian universities and their incessant hike in fees, i wonder what the 6 months ASUU strike was for? SMH
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by san316(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2014
Era of school fees reduction. Atleast politicians should seek public support with such gestures and not with customized expired rice. I hope it goes round the federation.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Reality2015(m): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2014
segradino: Its about time...why did they increase it in the first place...

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662

You are not real
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Toyolad(m): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I am,son. If we take the money we use to subsidise education and use it to fund pry and sec educaiton....time will come when university education won't be necessary to make it.

You obviously are not,and until then, the poor should suffer for it?

That is why there has to be laws allowing for that sort of loan.

Waiting for the laws.....

Payment starts ONLY when they get a job...

Hmmm and until then, suffer from HBP and pressure from govt?

And you think that most people earn below N50000 a month....plus we can adjust repayment according to need.

The more the adjustment,the longer the years needed to pay the debt..when would they start thinking about investment then?,when there are debts to pay just cos of education

So we continue producing less prepared poor graduates,who will lose out to rich guys with foreign degrees?
This won't happen if things are done the right way!
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Hollamydey(f): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2014
Rubbish, why can't they reduce that of administration, social sciences, nd humanities own.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
StevenJay01:

With people like you there is no future for Nigeria.

Wrong. The best universities in the world don't come cheap and you know that. You're just living in denial. With people like you, Nigerians would be a bunch of lazy peeps waiting for the government; their provider.

1 Like

Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by jgatherer(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
eeerm...the word 'slashes' makes it sound as though it was a 50% discount but it's only a 3% reduction or thereabouts, don't get it twisted
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Karlebolu(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ye, egbami cheesy
.. School fees per session is just N19,500, N27k and N30k and they are shouting.

Wao That's funny and laughable grin grin grin
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by begwong: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
As elections don near na so all d governors go dey start one ponzi scheme or the other for votes!
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
begwong: As elections don near na so all d governors go dey start one ponzi scheme or the other for votes!

OAU is a federal university....and as such is run from Abuja,not from Oyo or Osun state.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by oluwamichael93(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Microtee: Passing by -------->

I made front page sah.
Ode, is d@ wat u r asked 2 do?
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Microtee(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
oluwamichael93: Ode, is d@ wat u r asked 2 do?
Cnt u just text without telling off?U r the Ode n Mumu oO nt me.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
ThimmyWood: @LarryDking, y r u being pathetic? so u mean to tell us u av never seen d post of other uni hit the front page? at times, it is best to neglect thread u have noting to contribute to.

i made my contribution and i stated my observation, i dont think i've committed a crime. Ofcourse, some schs issue make front page but nt like OAU. It has been so consistent dis days.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
StevenJay01:

Not just the mod but Seun osewa himself is a alumni of OAU. So go get someone from your fuckkkkkkkkinng school to set up a forum like this

Some people are animals, u're no doubt one of such people.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Afrok(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2014
Ok na.... Dem slashes the school fees of my school into pieces and by the time U pay all, the addition (plus stress) is more than the increased fees undecided. Well Una own (OAU) fees was actually reduced, then am happy for dem ooo.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by jojutolu(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Common. . . . . I'm seeing d word 'alumni' usd in d singular form 4 d 2nd tym. Chai! It's iritating. Is it that they dnt knw it's plural or dy just dnt want to display pride. Wd be disapointd if those dudes are 4m OAU.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Redstone(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
Good news o.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Emeka71(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
What kind of reduction is that? in a top Federal university? I believe can still be further reduced to be like Aregbe schools which pays N0.00
Pictures of OAU PUTME on 2nd August

Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by nedumza: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
hw do we get a refund for payments already made
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by nedumza: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
Microtee: Cnt u just text without telling off?U r the Ode n Mumu oO nt me.
y una de fight naa
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by nedumza: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Wrong. The best universities in the world don't come cheap and you know that. You're just living in denial. With people like you, Nigerians would be a bunch of lazy peeps waiting for the government; their provider.
atleast d best universities r located in d best of countries,where dere is social welfare 4 every citizen including animals.dont start comparing pls cos d least we sud enjoy from our government is free edu.or do u guys av power,water,gud roads n security at ur place
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote
author=nedumza]atleast d best universities r located in d best of
countries,where dere is social welfare 4 every citizen including
animals.dont start comparing pls cos d least we sud enjoy from our
government is free edu.or do u guys av power,water,gud roads n security
at ur place[/quote]
well, in my area, infrastructure keeps improving, so there.
Re: OAU Slashes Tuition by begwong: 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

OAU is a federal university....and as such is run from Abuja,not from Oyo or Osun state.
Oh you forgot to add all the staff are also from abuja too nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Professors Don’t Earn More Than N416,000 — UNILAG ASUU Chairman / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks / Nairaland Interschool debate third edition Quarter Finals: Winner 4 UNILORIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.