Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Before All Our Children Become Entertainers - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before All Our Children Become Entertainers (28286 Views)

See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated / Is This How Our Children Wil Learn Alphabets?pls Read / God Save Our Children From Campus Cults! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by metorichmond(m): 7:31am On Aug 27, 2014
That moment when u wake and there is no light and u jst sittn on de bed pingn n hoping power is restored so you iron and go for daily hustle*pensive*

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by RebelLeader15(m): 7:32am On Aug 27, 2014
lonelydora: In my area, some children wants to be Militants or go into Bunkering.
A classic example of Nigeria failed educational system, the result of more than a year strike in our universities.......#welcome to Nigeria where sitting room has turn to toilet in which Yahoo boys and secondary school drop out celebrities feels they have a brighter future than graduates"

4 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by CocoaOla: 7:33am On Aug 27, 2014
And Africa can't produce common MICROPHONE

and our New Age children are joining the trade

and the funniest part of it is that is becoming a generational cause

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2014
is it in nigeria that you are talking about education?a country where you will graduate and no job will be available...you need to upgrade...for me,Basketball is my own career #nba

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 27, 2014
God bless the writer of this expose`. The outcome of this trend now is: increased slutty behaviours by our young people, increased infidelity, increased rate marital disaster, weak society, immoral society, spoilt society, society that's filled with fun-lovers and fun-seekers, increased prostitution and many more.

2 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by aadoiza: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2014
Pin your essence on money and you will never find peace, It's as simple as falling off a log

3 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by aadoiza: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2014
Pin your essence on money and you will never find peace, It's as simple as falling off a log.
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Geekaydon: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls mind you......dnt spoil sm ppol's business instead...fight for the solution to your area of intrest which is not selling.....calling youths who go into entertainment lazy ppol is wrong......everybody wants money.....who does'nt want.....and if you go into entertainment and your talent was recordnised...then ure good to go...some ppol are saying it as if its every aspiring musician that make it.....go to schools today.....most ppol find it as a joke....go tru malpractices to get their waec done...get to school and read only to pass...and for those who riili suffer for education what have they make out of it that can stand with what talents av got sm ppol....
My fight.....EVERYBODY WANTS A WAY TO SURVIVE AND NOT JUST A WAY BUT THE BEST WAY......most musicians are sure if they dont make it they have their certificate to fall to to atleast live life and feed a family.....but seriously if you dont show up @ the mtn audition and its your year.....ure a fool cause you dont know what they call luck.....i started music cos i like the entire life of going to lagos today and london tommorow...whats bad there...am still in school still....pls fight for making education pay more in nigeria and not spoiling sm ppols business......sm musicains are inteligent in books than some fools who get their school fees paid untime @ school...and actors go to school..... Gbammmm @geekaydon
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by rill: 7:39am On Aug 27, 2014
Don't blame d kids, buh blame the government. They have failed us! Taking America for an instance, I strongly believe they have more reality shows, ,more celebrities, social networking is bigger, teenagers party like crazy, they've got a whole lot of freedom for themselves. But amidst all these, they have a standard system of education that ensures they don't end up dumb. There is a balance! Buh in my dear country, there is a gross imbalance, education is f.ucked up, the system is not motivating, so much ignorance here and there. These students end up diverting more of there energy on the other side, and failure is what u see.

4 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2014
mdee1: This space has been payed for

See what we are talking about in this post. Its "Paid or Payed" Thank me.

2 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by stanech: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2014
The companies that sponsors these competitions are in for money and the only way to make it big is through advert and the only way to advertise or showcase to a wider audience is through entertainment.

Solution:

The government and companies that which to sponsor school cometitions have to find a way to balance it with entertainment
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Eeser: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2014
This article is so true. Kudos
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by delivryboy: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2014
You should see the number of young Nigerians sent to school in the UK and US who turn out to be models, DJs and musicians. It's really a course for concern for the future development of this nation.

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Put the blame on the system; not music.
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by CocoaOla: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria can't bost of a buoyant Engineer and that why our infrastructure as a nation will continue to rust away cause we can't maintain what the Oyinbos as done.

And that why they will continue to use the black race as a slave and call our children monkeys.

What most people here know is to get rich carry women and die.

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by flinton(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2014
I was talking to my younger brother currently in 2nd yr in one of Nigeria institutions some day back about MTN scholarship, the dude was nonchalant abt it, he never cared to know the details, the next day he was in abj for one Bullshi t audition. I was alarmed!

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Teeted: Quite sad; but I don't even know how to blame.

sadParents lipsrsealed

Most of our parents who did well during their time, did so because our grand-parents/great-grand-parents trained(disciplined) them well. But maybe the character couldn't be inculcated in most of them for posterity.

Like they say if the source of the spring is bad, so will the river be.

You spoke my mind.

God bless our young ones

3 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by roufy235(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by mrspeaker: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2014
I do honestly blame our modern yuppy yoo parents who see notin wrong with their kids veer into entertainment. Most of our parent of nowadays are educated illiterate so what do u expect of them...money,money,money while some dont have time for their kids so how can they impact positively into their lifes.
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2014
njokusboy:

Wole soyinka wrote plays which are works of literature, Tu face writes beautiful songs which are also literary... "mind you, music is also a course in the university".. The man who wrote a book is not more smarter than the man who writes good music... nd tu face is not only more popular than soyinka in Nigeria, he is easily more popular than Him in Africa and even the world..
In psydo literary terms, Tuface is an entertainer, not even a musician let alone a musicologist (like Sam Akpabot and Akin Euba) to be compared with Soyinka. In the UK, is Craig Davies more popular than Williams Shakespeare?

3 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2014
oluwaKStar: nigerian rappers are more of "punists" cause they tend to just drop a couple of puns bragging about how good they and they call it a punchline, rap goes more than that, my art or RAP is a combination of the various figures speech (pun, metaphors, similes, hyperbole and so on) to tell a story and thats where nigerian rap fals, I also use the concept of entendre..for example, I blew/blue like a referee but they are still red they need to bleach..thats a triple entendre cause it has 3 meanings.
I do intend on getting a degree in aeronautical engineering as well.

now you are talking..
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Engen(m): 8:02am On Aug 27, 2014
Lilimax: I read this write up somewhere and decided to share it using this medium:

Dear Nigerians, the reasons for mass failure of our teenagers in public exams are not far fetched.

1 FACEBOOK,YAHOO,TWITTER,MYSPACE and generally browsing on the internet instead of reading their books

2 ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES, it is easy for an average nigerian teenager to know the tha names of all chelsea players but same youths cannot tell you the square root 25 in mathematic. Worse still is that these days instead of seeing inscriptions like UNIVERISTY or SCHOLARS on the exercise books, what you see are pictures of paloma,Drogba,Beyonce,Omotola etc

3 DSTV,Home video and african movie magic, watching television and films endlessly.European champions league,English premiership,Barca,Blues,Chelsea,MANU etc

4 GSM and BLACKBERRY, the average Nigerian teenager uses the latest and expensive gsm phones just to show off that they belong, when they are actually nothing.

5 GSM TEXT LANGUAGE, I will not be surprised to see students write words like ur(for YOUR), 2moro( For tomorrow) in their EXAM sheets

6 QUEST FOR CHEAP FAME AND WEALTH, The goverment,electronic media(tv and radio) and companies have not been helpful at all. The average nigerian youth especially the girls want to BE silver Birds most beautiful Girl and get cheap money and fame(Nobody has remembered all the previous miss world,but we still remember MOTHER THERESA),they want to win IDOLS WEST AFRICA, they want to be in NOLLYWOOD, they want to be TWO-FACE, they want to win maltina street dance ,they want to win starquest and GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH

Warning is that wealth gotten by vanity shall DIMINISH.
7 The new craze of TALENT SHOWS: Suddenly The only talents our youths now have are music,dancing,acting and stand up comedies, they no longer have talents for maths,physics and entrepreneurism.
Check out the list:MTN PROJECT FAME,BIG BROTHER,STARQUEST,MALTINA DANCE HALL,AMBO,GUILDER,IDOLS WEST AFRICA,PEAK TALENT HUNT ETC…What a bad distraction
It is only COWBELL that sponsors national mathematics competition and give scholarships to outstanding students in UME exams

Please stop being sentimental, all you all blaming the TV, Media houses, Diamond bank e.t.c...Please blame the parents,bring up your child the way they should and after a while they won't depart from your instruction...Parents chasing money and neglecting their children...with all the successes we're recording among our entertainers and sport personalities 90% of them cannot speak english nor make sense when they open their mouths.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...'Aboran oro lanso fun omo aluwabi to ba de nu e adi odidindi' (Yoruba)

2 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 27, 2014
Most often than not when a Nigerian learns something new he makes a mess of it or self destructs by it...
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Goverment policies mostly neglect morals. With the present situation of things i fear for the future. An average nigerian child is surrounded by pollution. From the musicians singing “all i want is ur wast“, to the films that must insert ponographic sections.

If you go to a jss 1 class and decides to check their phones (gallery and sms), you would weep.
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by bankyblue(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
i didnt finish reading it sha but i agree with u
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by MizMyColi(f): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: To start with,how many pple are viewing this topic?
Some started reading and it got boring to them.Post a topic like "Unclad Mercy Johnson takes selfie"...u go fear traffic nau.
I am very selective of what I read these days, but when I read a post that long from start to finish without loosing interest, then whoever that writer is, He is Good.

3 Likes

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014

if i want to feel gangster i listen to schoolboy q, if i want to relax i listen to bob acri.

The media is a very good tool for re orientation, black americans praise gangsterism through their rap/ hip hop, so the average blaack american you meet is really like an hip hop character. Who controls it??

Nigerian songs on the other hand praise clubbing, money, women and these attribute can be seen in young guys and ladies these days.... The type of music you listen to will mold your character....

Countries who have their internet censored like china and North korea have their society filled with more successful intellectuals than countries like usa, weird.

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by gorgeousnogo(f): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
All i can say @op is that i like d idea of peeps hopin to b future entertainers. Will so much make getting a good job 4 us future microbiologists, doctors, etc easier in dis country. Make them all go n bcome dbanj or whateva. I wan bcome beta than danagote
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
if my kid or kids wants to be an entertainer or entertainers,they sure getting my support..get them signed unto the best record company and have them work with the best producers and directors.

Not err body will tow the line of Wole Soyinka and the other intellectuals.. everyday,a star is born.
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by Frenchkiss564: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher: Its just simple the black man enjoys dancing the Negro loves enjoyment
i dont think its a black man thing, humans generally love entertainment, ever wondered why justin bierber, lady gaga and co have much more twitter followers than bill gates, warren buffet e.t.c maybe black people are taking it to the extreme at the expense of very important things

1 Like

Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by ugoezeik(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2014
Mr. Y did U steal another person handwork n paste here, y can't U say d source of dis article(column) anyway let me forgive U bt dnt do it nxt tym
Re: Before All Our Children Become Entertainers by lalasticlala(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2014
nice piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Future Leaders International School Kaduna Closed For Violating Quarantine Order / Professor Arrested In Abuja For Aiding Daughter To Cheat In JAMB Exam / Baby Delivered In Moremi Hall Toilet, OAU Clocks Four Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.