Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:28 AM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (637531 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
--continuation--
The corper who later introduced himself as Peter spoke to his 'naughty neighbours' as he called them in their local dialet that one would think he was born and brought up in the environment. One after the other, the people sitting under the shed came to Clement and hugged him.
It takes the grace of God to reciprocate such gesture without throwing up. Clement squeezed his face in disgust, the odour emanating from their bodies alone was enough to kill him, the way his skin felt their skin, most especially, their palms was enough reason to create marks on his smooth skin.
"Can we leave now?" He asked Peter when he had exchanged pleasantries with them.
"No we can't. I am yet to ask them the question you asked me." Peter replied.
Clement felt like removing his gun and boring a hole into his head because he couldn't imagine the exact thing he had been discussing with them for almost three minutes which prompted them to exchange pleasantries with them.
"Please be fast about it." Clement urged as he took a few steps backwards, out of the shed to breathe in fresh air which has been polluted by the cow dungs and another odour which he guessed must have been coming from a big drum where a young boy was stirring its content with a big stick, while another elderly woman was removing something which looked like a thick cloth and dipping it back for the boy to stir.
He could hear Peter conversing with them.
"They said they have never seen the occupants of the house." Peter said to him.
"But people live in there right?" Clement asked still looking at the boy who was stirring the content of the drum with expertise. He must have been doing this even before he was given birth to. The thought of this amused him.
"I think people live in there." Peter replied.
"Since when did they begin to notice movements in the house?" Clement asked.
Peter turned to his neighbours who were laughing as Peter conversed with Clement.
"They said, just recently many cars drove into the house and they never came out." Peter replied.
Clement opened his mouth to ask another question.
"I think they are tired already. They all claimed they would answer my questions no more." Peter chipped in.
With the little he had learnt, all thanks to Peter, the intermediary, it should be enough to gather his thoughts and make it whole.
Not too long ago, several cars drove into the house and they never came out. Not too long ago, Chief Obi Patrick went into hiding. It could be a coincidence assuming he was just a senior police officer, but he was dead sure because the house belonged to his father.
"What was that boy stirring inside the drum?" Clement asked, this time they were back in the car.
"that's the first stage in the process of leather and other things that could be gotten from cow skin." Peter replied.
Clement watched with fascination. Even though he had a perfect childhood, grew up like every normal kid, played with toys like every other kids, rode bicycle like every other kids, made friends with other kids in the estate, fought with the big boys around just to show his strength and impress the pretty girl next door. He knew he was still ignorant of some certain things. He still couldn't differentiate between some things that a ten year old boy would differentiate extensively in minutes. It was too late to start learning some things which he felt were useless, but he still planned on making sure his daughter experience everything such as moutain climb with village kids, fishing and snail hunting with village kids and some other plays that impresses kids from Lagos and other big cities.
"Where do you plan spending the night?" Peter asked.
It was then Clement realised he didn't plan ahead of his visit, even though the thought of sleeping inside his car once came to his mind.
"You can pass the night in my apartment if you don't mind." Peter added.
Clement smiled. It may end up being one of the worst night rest of his life, but it was an experience that is worth it.
As he lifted his small bag out of the backseat which Peter dutifully collected from him, he quickly sent a text message to his colleagues, mainly, the commissioner, Sylvester and Ngozi, which reads;
"Everything is currently under control. Get back to me, once the backup team is in place. Moving in by 2am."

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
Shebi all of you want to know the mole ni? You will all know him/her in due time.
The next update is to test your guessing abilities. Anyone that guessed right will win a rare gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
D9ty7, nwanne u're doing a nice job here. thumbs up man.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Shebarh(f): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
i guess d mole is tobiloba
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
Shebarh:
i guess d mole is tobiloba
thinking the same...coz he's always asking Ngo to quit
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by femyodsky(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
The mole is

Amanda
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kristen12(f): 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
Welkom bak and welldone D9ty7.
More updates pls
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by PrinceGozie(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
D9ty7:
Shebi all of you want to know the mole ni? You will all know him/her in due time.
The next update is to test your guessing abilities. Anyone that guessed right will win a rare gift.

Well, 4 me... D mole wz used to replace habeeb, xo hz to b sumone new nd sumone dt gets al possible infos abt d police's next line of action... So, tinkin along dt line gives me many options bt d *strongest link* boils down to d new commisioner of police...... (Strange, i knw.. Bt dtz ma own tot))...
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Rounakid(m): 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
stuff46:

he cant do nothing.
Oms abeg find that yur madzuka
qhen...! qhen...!! qhen...!!! War time...!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Paulv(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
mr d9ty7 me i no fit guess attall....but i dey follow this masterpiece to the last/end/finish.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
I would have loved to update some more tonight, but am on a mission. A mission to recover all the files I have lost in the last two days, most of my new story that I already saved its first ten chapters are gone.
Lets just meet tomorrow.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Rounakid(m): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
D9ty7:
I Guess it's sylvester...
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Lyzbet: 5:36am On Jan 09, 2015
femyodsky:
The mole is

Amanda
It is not Nikita naw.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by femyodsky(m): 6:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Lyzbet:

It is not Nikita naw.

lol
I know it's not Nikita but all in a circle.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Lilyomi(f): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Ngozi, sly or the new commissioner. Either of them is the mole. Thank God for your return oga D.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
d mole is D9ty7. . . . cos he's always aware of d strategies of d police and had bin foiling their plans. :p
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2015
Its nice having you back D9ty7.................patiently waiting for more updates
I wish Clement great success in this mission
And as for the mole.........lips sealed
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
--continuation--
Ngozi who was lying just beside her fiancee expecting the powerful hands of sleep to lift them up and take them into the wonderland when her phone beeped, she discovered it was Clement.
"Excuse me baby." She said as she walked out of the bedroom.
She switched on the light as she entered the living room and sat down on one of the stools that stood beside the couches.
"Hello Clement." She said.
"Hello Ngozi, did you see my message?" He asked.
"Of course. Don't you think going in alone is risky?" She asked.
"Well, life itself is a risk. And moreso, I know what your reaction would be like if I said such. So please let me do my thing. All you need to do is get the backup team ready." Clement replied.
Ngozi felt guilty that moment but she was quick to overcome her guilt and she replaced it with a smile. Afterall, he deserved the cold treatments he got from her in the past weeks.
"If you insist then you can have your way." She replied.
"So, who is leading the backup team? Can I have his number?" Clement asked.
"I don't know. I think you should speak with Sylvester or the commissioner. The backup team is not from the headquarters. They are choosed randomly from different police stations." Ngozi explained.
"Okay. I'll talk to you later." Clement said and hung up.
Ngozi returned to the room a minute or two later to meet Tobiloba still awake.
"Who is that?" He asked.
"Clement." She replied as she joined him under the cover.
"What does he want?" He asked.
"He is on an assignment to get his father arrested." She replied.
"All alone?" He asked.
Ngozi nodded her head in the affirmative as she switched off her phone and tucked it under her pillow.
"Sweetheart, I beg you in the name of God if you are given such an assignment, reject it. If they are pestering you too much, just resign. Okay."
"Why?" Ngozi asked.
"Isn't that obvious? I don't want to loose you." He replied.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kelvin was discussing in whispers with Mr Ayo Okorie and Abdul Maleek inside a bedroom which he guessed belonged to Abdul Maleek because of the different flags that stood beside his bed.
A sudanese flag stood tallest amidst the flags while the Khal corp flag came next to it. The united states of America's flag stood at the far end of the room, but the only strange thing about it was it burnt edge, almost half of it has been burnt. Kelvin smiled. An average American won't mind loosing his life, provided the flag would remain safe. And lastly the Nigerian flag which had a red line crossed over it. What it meant, he didn't know.
"Don't you think a team should be deployed to that area before 2AM?" Maleek asked.
"I don't think that's the best of ideas, but the best thing we can do is to feed Chief Patrick in right away. So he can alert the security men with him." Mr Ayo, an ex millitant explained.
"I stand with Mr Ayo on this. And I think the security men should not only be alerted, but they should comb the whole village and fish out the man before he makes the first move. And as things were, it seems he is alone on this." Kelvin explained.
"Lets give Chief a call then." Maleek said already reaching for his phone."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chief Obi Patrick looked all tensed after dropping Maleek's call. The reason for this is not far fetched if not the fact that a policeman is very close to his hideout, ready to take him out by two o'clock in the morning. Even though Maleek assured him that it is not Clement because Clement is already in their custody. But Chief Obi was not convinced because he knew a policeman of Clement's calibre would be missing and the country will still be this silent or there wouldn't have been war in place? He only agreed with Maleek so that they can end the conversation to enable him handle the situation properly.
His Chief bodyguard came in with another bodyguard.
"You called me." He said.
"Yeah. Clement is around. Get your men ready, go from house to house as discreet as you can be, fish him out and end his life." Chief Obi ordered.
"You mean we shouldn't bring him here before taking his life?" The chief bodyguard asked.
Chief Obi smiled that moment, the thought that crossed his mind was "you are not fifty percent sure that you'll get him, now you are talking about bringing him here."
"Just kill him okay?"
The men left his presence immediately.

--to be continued--
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Accipetex(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
haha i know d mole ofcos, he has been d 1 secretly selling d police to d kharl cop witout anybodys notice. now his cup z ful nd he z gona be spotted. D MOLE,s NAME IS .............. lol i dnt want to tell u guys his name so dnt start now to hate him, solely rely on baba D And he wil take us to d promised land. we wil spot d mole on d way nd crush him. tank u oga dy7te u r 4daful
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Ndukings92(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmm,breakfast is already served by dis time of d morning?baba D u be correct Chef
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Accipetex(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2015
DY7TE Or watever ur name maybe, listen nd listen gud. if conciously or unconsciously, knowinly or unknowinly anything happens to clement nd d five letter words (death) is mentioned, i repeat, if consciously or mistakenly, knowinly or unknowinly anytin hapns to clement, i wil not hesitate to wipe out d following online, ADEWEALTH027, stuff46, onemansquad, adeh39, bluestarry nd ajaxtea. i wil be killing just dis few on E if dy7te trys anytin funny nd because of d co.existhng relationship betwen our 2

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2015
--continuation--
Hospitality and comfortability are a constant factor in a man's life. Young Peter, the youth corper is hospitable and Clement couldn't deny that fact, but the comfortability of his room is nothing to write hime about. Clement couldn't differentiate between the bed where he was sleeping and the bare floor. He couldn't even differentiate between the floor which seemed to have been concreticed a hundred years ago and the normal sandy floor. He just had to manage anything that comes his way. Even prisoner lived better than this, but the only difference is that, prisoners are in a confinement and are not permitted to go out while Peter is a free man who could go anywhere he wishes, therefore he preferred to be a Peter rather than a prisoner.
Clement didn't even know why he was thinking about the comfortability of Peter's apartment, even if he was given a water bed, he was sure he won't be closing his eyes, not even for a minute, not to talk of sleeping.
From where he lay, he could see Peter moving around the room, shaking his head vigorously that one would think it would fall, he held a book in his hand and was lifting up his hands and shaking them just like his head. Clement couldn't place what he was saying because he was speaking and unknown laguage. Then he heard him say something like
"In the book of eccleciastis chapter two, you said...." That was when it dawned on Clement that he has been praying.
But is that really how to pray? Does prayer involve exhausting all your energies? He couldn't explain, because in the church where he grew up, members of the congregation doesn't pray on their own. The man of God mounts the pupit, gives them a topic that is not in the bible and explains by linking it up with a chapter or two in the bible for the next twenty minutes, after which he would pray and everyone is free to go home. The same thing with the current church where he worshipped, the only difference was that, while in his childhood church, they don't sing, his current church, they sing before they listen to the world of God from the bilbe which is a sharp contrast with his childhood church, but the only similarity is that the man of God prays for a few minutes and they say the grace.
If someone can be praying like this, late in the night, then there is more to prayer, there is something he is missing in prayer and christainity, but now is not the time to dwell on that.
Peter had stopped praying by now and was peeping through the window with fear written all over his face.
"Inspector sir. Inspector Clement." He called.
"Yes?" Clement sat up.
"There is a problem." Peter said.
"What is the matter?"
"Come and see for yourself." Peter said without taking his eyes off whatever he was seeing outside.
Clement stood up and approached the window. His heart leapt out of his chest into his mouth with what he saw.
He didn't know what was going on, neither did he know who the men were, but from the appearance, he knew they were there for him, his fears was further confirmed when he saw one of Peter's neighbours whom he also met at the shed a few hours ago directing the gunmen.
"This is his car." He said pointing to Clement's Honda CRV. One of the gunmen quickly bent down and the next thing Clement heard was a sound which looked like his tyre was being deflated.
His only means of escape destroyed. He wasn't bothered.
But his main concern was the man directing the gunmen. So he could speak english? But why was he pretending.
"This is the house he entered. The young corper took him in after they chatted with us." The man said to them.
Clement had packed up his bag.
"Lets go man, you are not safe." Clement whispered.
"You can go. The two of us will alert them. God will protect me." Peter replied.
When Clement realised that he couldn't persuade Peter to follow him, he had to go alone.
Exactly when the door was opened at the men entered, Clement jumped outside through the window. The fear of the unknown made him jump directly on a pile of iron roofing sheet which made a loud noise.
"That's him over there." And they went after him.

--to be continued--

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Shebarh(f): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
prettydiva89:

thinking the same...coz he's always asking Ngo to quit
yh d mole is tobiloba... cos it is only ngozi and tobiloba dat know clement is alone der
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2015
Shebarh:

yh d mole is tobiloba... cos it is only ngozi and tobiloba dat know clement is alone der
Nah. Clement sent the same message he sent to Ngozi to Sylvester and the police commissioner.

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Daisydeevarh(f): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2015
Mister D9ty7 u are rily doin a good job, have been a silent reader all this while buh I had to stp dat so as to commend you, I would say u are highly talented and very intelligent. More mb to ur fone sir
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Shebarh(f): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Nah. Clement sent the same message he sent to Ngozi to Sylvester and the police commissioner.
hmmm it is d new commissioner
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2015
--continuation--
Clement realising that he had revealed himself to the enemies took to his heels and ran as fast as he could along the swampy area, he couldn't explain why the village was like than. Some parts are dry while a few other parts were wet.
He fell as he ran in a zig-zag, but giving up would be sucidal. He saw a big shed where about a hundred of cattles were kept, this could prove to be his only escape route. He thought as he ran into the shed and mixed up with the cattle.
He touched his pocket for a feel of his phone but it was nowhere to be found. No doubt, he had lost his connection with the outside world, and this stage is not the time to give up just because he lost his phone. He thought as he carefully placed a grenade at three strategic places inside the shed and he quietly slipped out through the second entrance without being spotted or heard. And from there he proceeded into a nearby bush where he set up his weapons, loaded his guns with bullets and squatted behind the thick bush watching whatever his enemies are up to.
Luckily for him, the combed and searched everywhere for him, but couldn't find him, maybe because they were too stupid to think that he could be hiding in the bush. But as God would have it, Clement's flashlight flickered on that moment and one of the men glanced back and saw the pointed light. Before he could alert the others, one of the grenades went off and subsequently, the other two went off. The men were able to escape, but the one who saw Clement died as a result of the explosion. The cattles inside the shed all died in the process and Clement knew there definitely would be war.
When he was gradually getting back himself, he heard a gunshot from Peter's apartment which means the young man has been killed for housing a policeman. Even though he was hopeful that Peter was the one who pulled the trigger, but the cry which followed the gunshot no doubt belonged to Peter.
After spending roughly and hour inside the bush, silence was restored in the village, and the only sound that could be heard was the chirping insects and the singing birds. Clement decided to take his chances, the time was 1:46am already. And slowly he crawled towards Peter's house, but the lifeless Peter he met inside the apartment sent cold shivers down his spine. If it were to be a woman, her first reaction woulb be t scream her lungs out thereby, alerting the gunmen whom he was sure were still lurking around somewhere.
He felt guilty looking at Peter because he concluded that he was responsible for the youngman's death. Someone with a very bright future was murdered a few months after he graduated with a first class in Mathematics. He paid his last respect to the dead, then he moved out of the house to implement his plans with or without backup.
-------------
His heartbeat increased as he approached his father's house carefully, thank God for the darkness that has taken over the village, he would have been spotted a while ago and special thanks to God who kept the moon at bay, because if the moon were to be out that night, then he would probably be a few metres behind Peter as they journey to heaven. He got to the gate faster than he expected and without thinking twice, he knocked silently.
"Who is there?" A voice asked, silently too.
"Its me, I am dying." He replied without thinking of the implication of this little trick of his. And suprisingly it worked, the bodyguard thought it was one of their members who was shot by the policeman they went to search for, so he quickly pushed the gate open and came out.
Clement at once grabbed him by the neck and dragged him away towards the other side of the fence.
"Remove you uniform." Clement ordered.
And with no resistance, Clement helped him out of his clothes.
"What language do you speak in there?" Clement asked.
"English, French and Italian." The man replied.
Clement carefully lynched the man and when he was sure that he had squeezed life out of him, he dropped him somewhere inside the bush, after which he came back and put on the man's uniform and he proceeded to enter the compound as one of the bodyguards. The greatest risk one could take in life is to carry a baby lion and showing it to its angry mother. Only a Daniel can leave there unhurt.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Flakeey(f): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2015
welcome back D9ty7, tnk God ur fone is up and doing

i missed you like kilode

I need to know the mole
it can't be sylvester cos his wife was killed as Clement's
it better not be Tobi

fingers X-ed
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Donkaz(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2015
This is getting more interesting

Thumbs up D9ty7

BTW... The mole is tobilola
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by jorghor(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2015
@ D9ty7... e b like say u don date Jackie Collins for ur former life....dis fone must nt fx.ck up again
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by teamplayey: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2015
The mole is the new Commisioner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Tobi na d mole abi Owk o

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.