Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,120 members, 7,890,721 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia (734 Views)

Abia State Govt Plan To Kill Uche Ogah / Abia 2015: Support Uche Ogah For Unusual Economic And Transformational Feedback / My Candidature Will Bring Victory For Abia PDP – Dr Uche Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia by G51Apostles: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2014
[b][/b]
don’t believe in reincarnation. As a Christian I am not supposed to, but there’s a recurring theme of social reincarnation clothed in the 2008 Obama’s “YES WE CAN” melodic echoing with an indisputable sincere zeal that looks like an evolution of a social revolution down East of Nigeria. Move over Plato, Socrates, Marsilio Ricino and Gottolob Frege, we are talking about the social not bio evolution of an emerging renaissance that is revolutionalising God’s Own State. As a result of this phenomenon I am now a new convert. I now believe in reincarnation but still not in the spiritual aspect of it, but political.

I have equally fallen out of faith in my belief about evolution – I am now a staunch believer of evolution. All because I am a living witness to a reincarnation taking place as I write. Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I can testify to an ongoing evolution in my life time. Step aside Charles Darwin, for the evolution I talk about here is not archaeological or biological. And raise not hope thou meta-physician, for the reincarnation I talk about here is a social renaissance. Again, Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! There is a massive movement going on in Africa, not just Africa but Western part of it. And in that usual, unpredictable spot that holds the trigger point of the black continent in the nation called Nigeria, at a location East of the Niger. In a state named after the son of the wise king. Down town, all over the streets in every nook and cranny, and in the creational centres, worship places, secret places, at our private abodes-something has hit home.

A massive movement has triggered off, it is like Obama has just reincarnated in Abia State. The OGAH MOVEMENT is spreading like a harmattan fire that was poured fuel. A socio-political tsunami has been let loose. There’s that re-energized zeal by the people of Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra living in Abia that have mixed with the majority populace of Abia indigenes. And all of a sudden, they seem to have faith in one young man called Uchechukwu SAMPSON OGAH to be the one to sustain the legacy of Ochendo Theodore Ahamafule Orji. This desire of the people for the middle name “Ahamaefula” of the state governor to be sustained through the sustaining of his legacy projects like the state secretariat, new government house, health care delivery, restoration of security, efficient payment of workers’ salaries as at when due, rehabilitation of educational and health care centres, uplifting of the civil servant, restoration of honesty in leadership to mention but a few, seems to have found a perfect partner in Uche Ogah.

Therefore, Abia Rejoice for the prayers of Ochendo has been answered. This man of vision has been burdened and as a result has spent sleepless nights on bended knees seeking the face of the Lord in prayers. His Excellency’s desire for God to provide for Abia a God fearing individual that will sustain his legacy has been answered in Ogah. So for the very first time in the history of politicking in Abia state, ethnicity and other social leanings seem to have taken the back seat.
All of a sudden the people believe that Yes, we can! Yes! We can determine who the next governor of Abia State will be. Yes! We can return the popular votes we gave to T.A. Orji in 2011 once again. You might not really understand what I am saying until you try to picture this scenario, Dr. Uche Ogah set out from Uturu a 60 to 70 kilometre trip to Abiriba on a purely private visit to his bosom friend Obasi Uba. It was not a political campaign, but like I said, purely a private visit to a friend. Sure Mr. Uba Obasi did inform one or two friends that he will be hosting Uche Ogah at his private residence in Abiriba. Now I was in Abiriba too for the burial of my in-law, late Chief Eleanya Akuma of the late Chief Nnanna Kalu of Star Paper Mill dynasty. But what I witnessed was beyond fantasy. Uba Obasi informed Agbai, Agabi informed Okoro, Okoro informed Opie, Opie informed Lydia and before you know it an unprecedented crowd has gathered at the Abiriba Roundabout to the unbelievable amazement of Ogah to welcome him. He came with a convoy of five vehicles, but whiling heading into Enuda town to pay an unscheduled courtesy call to the Enachioken of Abiriba, Eze Kalu Kalu Ogbu was a convoy of fifty three vehicles.

How else do you start a revolution? How else do you describe a mass movement? Consult your books and come back and tell me what it is if you don’t believe. The situation was to repeat itself fews days later when once again Dr. Ogah was to pay another private visit to Arochukwu and round it up in Ohafia. You cannot fathom in your wildest imagination what happened. The women in Ohafia, Abiriba, Nkporo, Ututu, Abam and Arochukwu closed shops. There was no organisation, individual or political interest mobilizing them, but they all trooped out, with their little income and savings they hired buses. Again, Ogah set out on a five motocarde convoy unannounced to Arochukwu. On his way back to Ohafia, over thirty other uninvited motorcade convoys had joined. On reaching Ohafia and heading to Umuahia the convoy had hit 100 vehicles. Yet it was not a political campaign. He was not soliciting for votes. He didn’t invite anybody. Uche was on a private visit. Indeed, there is no smoke without fire. Something must have triggered this level of devotion, this social evolution of donation to an individual’s interest to answer the call of God and the voice of his people. Ogah may have built the most modern 5, 000 capacity auditorium for Abia State University, Uturu but that is not the issue. Yes! There are over 2000 students studying to university level under his scholarship. Again that is not the issue. He has 16 subsidiaries employing over 6, 000 people, well, since most of the families have a family member working for Ogah that might be partly the issue. He has built schools, churches, hospitals and over 200 houses for mostly widows and other less privileged families.

Again, one can put this factor into consideration. But the main issue is that this young oil magnate is the only one still selling his kerosene at government control price of N60 in all of his Master Energy Stations. And you might not know the impact this godly deed is making on the socio-economy of the rural dwellers until you follow Ogah around and see why Abians are rejoicing. They said a leader is a failure unless you have a good successor. I can see the able governor of Abia State Ochendo T.A. Orji beaming with smile and Rejoicing with the people of Abia. Well! What so ever I have written so far no matter how factual is nothing but one man’s testimony. But when Onu Henry Chidi wrote “I have always had this undying and stoic hope that one day, in my generation, the much desired change will come to Nigeria, even in the face of hopelessness. That has not changed. One of the major problems, or should I say, the major problem Nigeria has, is that of bad leadership. I have always said it that I have started sounding like a broken record. Nigeria will be a better place if we had at the helm, men who really have the interest of Nigerians at heart. Men who (genuinely) care. Men who have good hearts. Men who put the people before their interests. Men who hurt when they see the ordinary man suffer. Men with good ideas and know-how to put same to good use. Men who know their onion. Intelligent men. Men who are humble and most of all God-fearing men like Dr. Uche Ogah”. And Dimgba Igwe, Nigerian’s foremost journalist thundered, “Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, is a self-effacing President of Masters Energy Group, a conglomerate with 13 subsidiaries with interest in oil and gas, banking, insurance, aviation, shipping, dredging, logistics, construction, travel agency and power. He is one of Nigeria’s exceedingly rich young and educated men, who had operated under the national media radar for long enough to spread his tentacles in the diverse areas without drawing attention to himself”. Olisaebuka Uchechukwu member of Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral (AVMCC) Publications Committee and also that of Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI), Sheraton Executive Chapter, Ikeja. penned, “He is an indefatigable master, a quintessential man, full of wisdom and charisma, fast in thinking, simple and a believer in collective ideas. Our nation, Nigeria needs such men of ideas and goodwill to lead at this time”.

Again, when journalist 101 an online social media picked Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah as their African Hero Sonia Ify wrote, “Oh, this is the man that saved one of my student’s life. He single handedly flew him to India for medical treatment and paid all his bills. Afterwards sent him to study in Abia Poly”
In my candid opinion all these testimonies are just justifying what I have penned about him. What more do I need to say.
Re: Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia by vicenteze: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2014
You mean Ochendo legacy, that is keeping Aba dirty and making it the dirtiest city in southeast...shm
Re: Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia by ShehuAba(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2014
This op is very funny, after all what ochendo did to Abia you still had the courage to say he left a legacy.
This is my worst fear for Abia state, most people there are politically naive and don't give a damn about who rules them.
I can bet it, if Ochendo contests again in Abia he will carry the day.
Re: Why The Uche Ogah Phenomena Is Revolutionalising Abia by rafindo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
another scam in waiting.not all businessmen are leaders of the society.until we change the way we recurit leaders,our developement will be a charade.another potential noisemaker.

(1) (Reply)

Protesting Youth Boo Senator Over Non-performance. / Lagos 2015: Ambode Opens Campaign Office / Nigerian Man Orchestrates £25 Million Abuja Bank Cyber Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.