Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,950 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:50 AM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41783 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by justi4jesu(f): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Chubhie: Once a bank is getting too many customers know tis time to look for alternatives. Stanbic does it for me.

You just said it, Firstbank is showing me pepper, too many customers causes all these.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Gepheral: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Not enough reason for you to label the topic this way..
The best so far... Maybe you had some issues from another kingdom.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by anochuks08(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
gbadexy: I had a similar experience with their air time recharge once and after complaining to them, I got credited back after a week.
I also rushed to get the token hoping to be able to transfer money to my material suppliers for ease of transaction but later found out I can't do so with savings.
All in all their internet banking is not that bad. I pay bills online with ease, recharge my airtime and get prompt payment from clients with account with the bank.
You can transfer with their savings. Trust me, GTB internet banking has many glitches. The you cannot transfer with a savings blah blah blah comes up with their Android app, if you use their site, it will go. Most times, you go wan do transfer, them go tell you say you don do maximum transfer for the day whereas you havent even made a single transfer.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by wiringdpt(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Trolls
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by mykky(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
anochuks08: Op just respect yourself and move to Fidelity.

I use both fidelity and GTB. You cant compare the two of them. GTB instant transfer takes 4 to 5 hours to deliver while Fidelity instant transfer takes approximately 20 seconds to deliver. Na today I dey get reversal for Airtime purchase that wasnt credited on Sunday. I only use their internet banking service to pay my dstv subscriptions only.
. This is so True. I tried to transfer some cash to a friend to get something for me...Several times I tried his GTB Account kept saying not available...the guy sent me his Fidelity Account...and within Seconds of clicking The Transfer Button...The guy called me with the confirmation that he has received the alert on his Fidelity Account. Fidelity is just the Best!

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by TeamclicksAir: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op I have used all the features you mention and never encountered any issue. I will say your Internet connection is the problem. .. also you can't do instant transfer to other banks on a savings account . You can also recharge without logging by using the short code.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
Things go wrong every now and then. GTB is the bank for me.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Ymodulus: 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
slightlyMad: 1. The menu is poorly implemented for mobile, ALL mobile.
When trying to select a service on the left, once you touch the collapsible, it opens fine, when you touch the service, it loads fine, but when you scroll down the main view to transact, the menu pops open again which means you have to scroll down more.
when you scroll down more, the menu hides itself again so you have to scroll back up.
I have call their customer service and all they do it "we will forward it to the right department"
this problem is almost a year old now.

2. There are so many distractions, adverts, heavy data consuming graphics that can be implemented with CSS and still look great.

3. GTbank till date is unable to securely implement their payment gateway- GTPay.
The gateway is very insecure as there is absolutely no webservice or API to query transactions till date.
They expect the developer to login to their online account manually to verify orders, though they forward transaction statuses back to your return URL, They implemented this on the clientside. (imagine forwarding successful transaction details back to merchants with the help of the client's browser...lol learners.)

4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge security gap on every account all in the name of innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till date)

5. Logging users out every 60 seconds of inactivity is not security sir, so also is disabling right clicks, At times, we always want to copy account numbers by simply right clicking.
You only end up giving me extra work to do by having to navigate to where the disable javascript is in my browser.

6. Before your server goes down, Let us know ahead, Lives do sometimes depend on being able to access our accounts on time
I pray we have no medical emergency, I will sue you for what you are worth.
I can remember spending hours at their Ajose Adeogun branch simply because their server went down and my car was running out of fuel
I had to park within the bank's premise and take a cab home.

7. When we make online transactions, and merchants dont come for funds in 1 weeks, please make the funds available to us.
Imagine a scenario where i make $1000 payment when the exchange rate is 160 naira to a dollar
and the merchant shows up 2 months later after the exchange rate may have become 170 naira to a dollar
Instead of paying 160,000 naira, i end up paying 170,000 naira because the merchant did not pick it up on time?
come on! do something to protect our interests.
the hold time is too much, reduce it.

Oooopoooooo. Kudos. I know a programmer when I see one.

Your logic , analysis and all just good. You female for that matter. Nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge security gap on every account all in the name of innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till date)

Haba now, b objective in your criticism, so I guess d Son happens to know his father's transfer code too. If he does, den I don't think d father will mind d boy taking his 5k.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by gbadexy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
anochuks08: You can transfer with their savings. Trust me, GTB internet banking has many glitches. The you cannot transfer with a savings blah blah blah comes up with their Android app, if you use their site, it will go. Most times, you go wan do transfer, them go tell you say you don do maximum transfer for the day whereas you havent even made a single transfer.
Ok thanks. I will try it.
That would be lovely as I don't intend opening another current account (though with another bank).
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Ymodulus: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have N5050 jus 3weeks now and it has not been refunded. Even my error debit from Stanbic ATM has not Ben refunded this is 2weeka. They keep telling me come back after 8days, dial 8100 using that boring land line or dial 08039003900 using your card.

Well access have solved my problem now. Good banking platform and I don't waste my credit with access customer care.

Just call the customer care when they pick ask them to call you back and gboom. You will hear

Hi I am Ymodulus from Access Bank how can I help you sir?

That's what we call banking.

Swift Fast instant internet money transfer
Good customer care.

Oh!! Less I forget try using access to redraw your western union money. And see how it goes. Leave gtbank its dead and gone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
No transfer code needed. Have a good knowledge before u respond.

SMahmoud: 4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?

Haba now, b objective in your criticism, so I guess d Son happens to know his father's transfer code too. If he does, den I don't think d father will mind d boy taking his 5k.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
eddiebruk: Well you are not familiar with their process, so stop giving them bad credits, I have received Western Union with them more than 10 times, and I get credited instantly, plz note that the Western Union thing is operated by quick teller and not Gtbank, although it is connected to gtbank now, if u weren't successful via gtbank simply login to quickteller and do it from there

About the airtime recharge do not go for higher denomination, u will always have problems[b][/b][b][/b], try doing 1k recharge at a time and u will be fine.

Just get a paga account and recharge as you like.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
semid4lyfe: Not only Internet Banking, GTbank is overrated in everything.

My colleagues with salary account in other banks started receiving their salary alert since last Wednesday.

As I type, all those using GTbank salary accounts are yet to receive their salary. I expect it'd enter on Monday sha. Funny thing is our our accounts get credited via ATM/POS transfer unlike before when it used be Internet Banking.

Also, their debit card exchange rate is online transaction unfriendly. Other banks (whether Master Card or Visa) charge below #163/USD but GTbank charges as much as #165/USD currently.

Wc bank is better to open and cheaper in Mastercard transaction and cost effective without useless additional charges you know.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by justi4jesu(f): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ymodulus: I have N5050 jus 3weeks now and it has not been refunded. Even my error debit from Stanbic ATM has not Ben refunded this is 2weeka. They keep telling me come back after 8days, dial 8100 using that boring land line or dial 08039003900 using your card.

Well access have solved my problem now. Good banking platform and I don't waste my credit with access customer care.

Just call the customer care when they pick ask them to call you back and gboom. You will hear

Good customer care.

Oh!! Less I forget try using access to redraw your western union money. And see how it goes. Leave gtbank its dead and gone

Hmmmm...Access Bank ate my #24,000 i will never forgive them and they deduct money from one's account like say we dey share the account balance.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have 40,000 naira lost si.ce may last year. I have gone to three different branches to report, filled countless forms. Reported on twitter, Facebook, gtconnect, cimplaints@gtbank.co and no refund. Even last week I still dey follow d matter up. I have finally decided to leave them for access, Stanbic or scb
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Internet Banking for me is at your own risk not when the internet infrastructure in Nigeria is unpredictable.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ayando(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
justi4jesu:

Hmmm keep your fingers crossed..
. Really? Hmmm....tell me more. Honestly, the banking system has a lot to do when it comes to customer satisfaction. But I can never bank with banks like: Access, Skye,Uba n few others.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have been using GTB for quite sometime,I must say their online banking is very good especially when using your laptop,I have never used their mobile app for fund transfer,I use the mobile app for airtime recharge.For airtime recharge,their app is not satisfactory,almost always debits my account without recharging my phone.I end up making several calls to their Customercare service before getting the problem sorted out.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by olaeffect(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
kittykat1: No transfer code needed. Have a good knowledge before u respond.

please enlighten us on how to transfer airtime form one mobile to another without transfer code. I sure hope you understand what is being talked about here please.
I.e I have N5,000.00 on my dad's MTN whichyi have fraudulently purchased via dialing the purchase code and I need to now sell it for cash, how do I transfer the airtime already in his phone balance with the MTN share and sell without transfer code?

thank you

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by chuksmarvin(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dear op, I don't Know bout Gtb, but I can categorically tell yhu that I ve been using zenith for a while now... and it's so easy and reliable ...I am considering deleting the app Cuz the simplicity of it and the ease with which I transact makes me use it frequently ....and before yhu know it; bank acct is in the red...
Every time I need airtime ..phew I'm on it...Some times I purchase airtime 5 times a day
Plus other stuffs....and all have been free so far...dstv, ...name it
There re two types tho...The one that uses a token and the mobile one
I use the mobile one ...only requires ur pin....only ur pin ...and gbam!
U may give it a try or check for sumfn more mouthwatering nd be nice enough to share....cheers
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Use the phone number attached to ur gtbank account. Dial *737* credit amount# finish. U get credited

Most kids have their parents transfer codes. And it's wrong for a bank to depnd o d networks transfer code for security. Thats gross insecurity.
olaeffect:

please enlighten us on how to transfer airtime form one mobile to another without transfer code. I sure hope you understand what is being talked about here please.
I.e I have N5,000.00 on my dad's MTN whichyi have fraudulently purchased via dialing the purchase code and I need to now sell it for cash, how do I transfer the airtime already in his phone balance with the MTN share and sell without transfer code?

thank you
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ayando(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dreambeat: I have been using GTB for quite sometime,I must say their online banking is very good especially when using your laptop,I have never used their mobile app for fund transfer,I use the mobile app for airtime recharge.For airtime recharge,their app is not satisfactory,almost always debits my account without recharging my phone.I end up making several calls to their customer service before getting the problem sorted out.
. I use the Mobile App for airtime only too. The problem with the debiting of your account is a network problem from your service provider.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by venorite(m): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
If your bank gives you problem while trying to use the use the Internet banking, YOU NEED A NEW BANK. Op when it comes to Internet banking and banking as a whole DIAMOND BANK is the way forward. They have the best mobile app and you don't need a token to do transactions. Their app is also secured with 3 layer security. Try them out

4 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by olaeffect(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
No bank is perfect. The Nigerian environment also contributes more to the imperfection.

Sometimes I think we ask too much from banks because we don't really know what they go through and the unhealthy rivalry amongst them is not allowing them to cry out.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ice234: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
kittykat1: No transfer code needed. Have a good knowledge before u respond.

So how do you use the mtn share and sell without code !!!

Be objective WOMAN!!!!

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Youngzedd(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
I can't believe I wasted my time reading this.

Your village people don't want you to collect the money.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by olaeffect(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
angry
kittykat1: Use the phone number attached to ur gtbank account. Dial *737* credit amount# finish. U get credited

You better apologize to "SMahmoud" you sure didn't understand him and you just insulted him. its not right.

SMahmoud: 4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500#
on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with
cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is
for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke
son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He
dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and
transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the
credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge
security gap on every account all in the name of
innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till
date)
Haba now, b objective in your criticism, so I guess d
Son happens to know his father's transfer code too. If
he does, den I don't think d father will mind d boy
taking his 5k.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
I thought he referred to gtbank. And still that's very inefficient. As someone can easily get ur transfer code without ur consent. We don't need to argue that bit ppl who have d knowledge know it's true. Also the son can use d phone to make unneccesary calls, buy Internet data to use. Its very wrong.
olaeffect: angry

You better apologize to "SMahmoud" you sure didn't understand him and you just insulted him. its not right.

credit to cash.
date)
taking his 5k. angry

credit to cash.
date)
taking his 5k.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by airsaylongcon: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
slightlyMad: 1. The menu is poorly implemented for mobile, ALL mobile.
When trying to select a service on the left, once you touch the collapsible, it opens fine, when you touch the service, it loads fine, but when you scroll down the main view to transact, the menu pops open again which means you have to scroll down more.
when you scroll down more, the menu hides itself again so you have to scroll back up.
I have call their customer service and all they do it "we will forward it to the right department"
this problem is almost a year old now.

2. There are so many distractions, adverts, heavy data consuming graphics that can be implemented with CSS and still look great.

3. GTbank till date is unable to securely implement their payment gateway- GTPay.
The gateway is very insecure as there is absolutely no webservice or API to query transactions till date.
They expect the developer to login to their online account manually to verify orders, though they forward transaction statuses back to your return URL, They implemented this on the clientside. (imagine forwarding successful transaction details back to merchants with the help of the client's browser...lol learners.)

5. Logging users out every 60 seconds of inactivity is not security sir, so also is disabling right clicks, At times, we always want to copy account numbers by simply right clicking.
You only end up giving me extra work to do by having to navigate to where the disable javascript is in my browser.

6. Before your server goes down, Let us know ahead, Lives do sometimes depend on being able to access our accounts on time
I pray we have no medical emergency, I will sue you for what you are worth.
I can remember spending hours at their Ajose Adeogun branch simply because their server went down and my car was running out of fuel
I had to park within the bank's premise and take a cab home.

7. When we make online transactions, and merchants dont come for funds in 1 weeks, please make the funds available to us.
Imagine a scenario where i make $1000 payment when the exchange rate is 160 naira to a dollar
and the merchant shows up 2 months later after the exchange rate may have become 170 naira to a dollar
Instead of paying 160,000 naira, i end up paying 170,000 naira because the merchant did not pick it up on time?
come on! do something to protect our interests.
the hold time is too much, reduce it.

Bless your heart! You couldn't have highlighted all the flaws any better...and bless whoever taught u computing. They did an excellent job.

I bank with GTBank as well and I swear their use of cutting edge IT solutions was what attracted me. Buh ah swear down ma mum was right sticking with Union Bank. Right now I am on the look out for a new bank. DiamondBank looking good but I am also looking at Standard Chartered. GT's wait time (in banking hall, on telephone and online is f**ked up)

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Speaking to a gtbank staff and he said the problem is that the bank doesn't treat the staff well. So a lot of good staffs have left. Most remaining are not passionate about their jobs.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ice234: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
I opened my access account in 2010 then they do deduct N200 every month (e channel fee and card maintainance fee) IMAGINE!!! Now they charge me 1200 every febuary as account maintainance fee... This is first class fraud. They also charge for nonsense sms charge (they charge for bday messages, goodwill messages etc) dude GTBank had NEVER charged my for goodwill messages or account maintainance, e channel, card maintainance charge. My account balance is always the way I left it.

Ymodulus: I have N5050 jus 3weeks now and it has not been refunded. Even my error debit from Stanbic ATM has not Ben refunded this is 2weeka. They keep telling me come back after 8days, dial 8100 using that boring land line or dial 08039003900 using your card.

Good customer care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mai Bornu To Emefiele: Indigenous CBN Governors Till Date / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.