Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:39 PM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41781 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by airsaylongcon: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
venorite: If your bank gives you problem while trying to use the use the Internet banking, YOU NEED A NEW BANK. Op when it comes to Internet banking and banking as a whole DIAMOND BANK is the way forward. They have the best mobile app and you don't need a token to do transactions. Their app is also secured with 3 layer security. Try them out

Please abeg highlight this 3-layer security you are talking about
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
Be careful with GTB's internet banking.Hubby used the bank for paying school fees and visa .Some months after he left,all the money remaining in his account was withdrawn by an unknown person.No notification from the bank regarding the activities on his account.The account has been blocked by the bank.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by nenergy(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
slightlyMad: 1. The menu is poorly implemented for mobile, ALL mobile.
When trying to select a service on the left, once you touch the collapsible, it opens fine, when you touch the service, it loads fine, but when you scroll down the main view to transact, the menu pops open again which means you have to scroll down more.
when you scroll down more, the menu hides itself again so you have to scroll back up.
I have call their customer service and all they do it "we will forward it to the right department"
this problem is almost a year old now.

2. There are so many distractions, adverts, heavy data consuming graphics that can be implemented with CSS and still look great.

3. GTbank till date is unable to securely implement their payment gateway- GTPay.
The gateway is very insecure as there is absolutely no webservice or API to query transactions till date.
They expect the developer to login to their online account manually to verify orders, though they forward transaction statuses back to your return URL, They implemented this on the clientside. (imagine forwarding successful transaction details back to merchants with the help of the client's browser...lol learners.)

4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge security gap on every account all in the name of innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till date)

5. Logging users out every 60 seconds of inactivity is not security sir, so also is disabling right clicks, At times, we always want to copy account numbers by simply right clicking.
You only end up giving me extra work to do by having to navigate to where the disable javascript is in my browser.

6. Before your server goes down, Let us know ahead, Lives do sometimes depend on being able to access our accounts on time
I pray we have no medical emergency, I will sue you for what you are worth.
I can remember spending hours at their Ajose Adeogun branch simply because their server went down and my car was running out of fuel
I had to park within the bank's premise and take a cab home.

7. When we make online transactions, and merchants dont come for funds in 1 weeks, please make the funds available to us.
Imagine a scenario where i make $1000 payment when the exchange rate is 160 naira to a dollar
and the merchant shows up 2 months later after the exchange rate may have become 170 naira to a dollar
Instead of paying 160,000 naira, i end up paying 170,000 naira because the merchant did not pick it up on time?
come on! do something to protect our interests.
the hold time is too much, reduce it.

Super! Your comment is educating. You should become a lecturer. lol
Telling customers before server issues happen might not be possible unless its a planned disruption of service. As for me, I don't have faith in I banking yet. So its over the counter for now.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bigtt76(f): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hahaha ....I rather use them to withdraw outside Nigeria. Where Zenith Bank charges N600 per withdrawal, GTB charges N240. I use Zenith Bank Master Card Naira for Online transactions. I don't know their exchange rates but each time I transact, after them initial garagara of deducting my funds, they return back sizeable amount having over charged me earlier grin

OP ....you don enter one chance o! As my friend Jarus would say ...Last Bullet: Don't recharge through ANY bank's Internet Banking platform. Rather go through Quickteller ...they've never disappointed me except that now due to Zenith Bank mumu-ness ....dem begin ask me for OTP and no Zenith Bank customer care officer know what that is grin ....ar taya for all these dem First Class Graduate employees shaaaa

semid4lyfe: Not only Internet Banking, GTbank is overrated in everything.

My colleagues with salary account in other banks started receiving their salary alert since last Wednesday.

As I type, all those using GTbank salary accounts are yet to receive their salary. I expect it'd enter on Monday sha. Funny thing is our our accounts get credited via ATM/POS transfer unlike before when it used be Internet Banking.

Also, their debit card exchange rate is online transaction unfriendly. Other banks (whether Master Card or Visa) charge below #163/USD but GTbank charges as much as #165/USD currently.

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by olaeffect(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin
kittykat1: I thought he referred to gtbank. And still that's very inefficient. As someone can easily get ur transfer code without ur consent. We don't need to argue that bit ppl who have d knowledge know it's true. Also the son can use d phone to make unneccesary calls, buy Internet data to use. Its very wrong.

I think customers should be given the option to opt in or out. But in making life easy for some customers GTB should not be responsible for customer negligence or your children bad training or upbringing. grin

Just joking ooo. But when you think of security too much you end up creating prisons.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by venorite(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Password to log in, pin to complete the transaction and it logs u off automatically once you leave the app. So if someone know ur password but does not know the pin, he or she cannot still complete the transaction
airsaylongcon:

Please abeg highlight this 3-layer security you are talking about

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Unionised(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Try UNION ONLINE.

Pleasant surprise...

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ice234: 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
I once told a customercare representative that this option shouldn't be for all, we should have the option of opt in...

Again we should stop blaming the bank for our negligence as we are first and foremost responsible for the security of our banking and bank item. We are responsible for our ATM, PIN, internet banking password, security questions and answer, security ocheque books etc. Abeg GTBank, FBN and diamond are the banks for me

olaeffect: grin

I think customers should be given the option to opt in or out. But in making life easy for some customers GTB should not be responsible for customer negligence or your children bad training or upbringing. grin

Just joking ooo. But when you think of security too much you end up creating prisons.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bigtt76(f): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge security gap on every account all in the name of innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till date)

Like seriously ...this is a big flaw within the GT Mobile Money platform ...no wonder people been crying over stolen funds. All the bnak's IT guys need to do is just enable any account on a mobile line and bingo ...they're in. Hahahaha ...Naija grin Badt guys on the prowl and they will be telling you Internal Control dis ...PCIDSSS dat ....rubbish banks

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
venorite: If your bank gives you problem while trying to use the use the Internet banking, YOU NEED A NEW BANK. Op when it comes to Internet banking and banking as a whole DIAMOND BANK is the way forward. They have the best mobile app and you don't need a token to do transactions. Their app is also secured with 3 layer security. Try them out
Did you say Diamond bank?I have been trying to transfer fund using their platform for some days but have been unsuccessful.Tried calling Customercare on several occasion,they seem not to understand what I was talking about.For you to transfer fund to other bank,you have to 'maintain beneficiary'.Completing the details of the beneficiary is cumbersome.You will have to type in the sort code,address and even postal code of the beneficiary's bank.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by porka: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
GTBank should stop charging 3/mil COT and reverse all the excess charges to customers' account as directed by the CBN.

3/mil COT ended in December 2013.

2014 COT is 2/mil which will end in December 2014 and 1/mil COT will begin January 2015.

January 1 2016 will see the COT completely eradicated in Nigeria.

Let the CBN enforce this with necessary sanctions meted to the erring banks.

Otherwise, the Nigerian Banks Customers should begin the process of class action law suit against this corporate fraud.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by olulove(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
you all need to check out U-mobile and U-Direct from UBA the best and most user friendly online/mobile banking platform

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by angelo82: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Even Union Bank internet banking is better than GTB,I tried to move my accounts to GTB due to overhyping by Nigerians but thank God I didn't do it.I have only 500k which was used to open account with them and I will just leave it like that until when am in Nigeria to close that account.Its very difficult for them to treat simple online issues even when you authorize your own blood relation to act on your behalf,they insist on something else.Different from other Nigerian banks and I just can't trust them with servicing my accounts.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by venorite(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
That should be for the online stuff, and yes its cumbersome cos of security reasons. My advice download the mobile app and u will enjoy Diamond online banking, that's what I use and it has never failed me
Dreambeat: Did you say Diamond bank?I have been trying to transfer fund using their platform for some days but have been unsuccessful.Tried calling Customercare on several occasion,they seem not to understand what I was talking about.For you to transfer fund to other bank,you have to 'maintain beneficiary'.Completing the details of the beneficiary is cumbersome.You will have to type in the sort code,address and even postal code of the beneficiary's bank.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
ice234: I opened my access account in 2010 then they do deduct N200 every month (e channel fee and card maintainance fee) IMAGINE!!! Now they charge me 1200 every febuary as account maintainance fee... This is first class fraud. They also charge for nonsense sms charge (they charge for bday messages, goodwill messages etc) dude GTBank had NEVER charged my for goodwill messages or account maintainance, e channel, card maintainance charge. My account balance is always the way I left it.

gtbank charged me 2500 last week
Card maintenance fees
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
If your bank doesn't support you.
Change your bank..
Wouldn't you rather bank with DIAMOND BANK..
No token, just your I. D & PASSWORD

I have an account with GTB and i like gtb but its over clouded. .

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by presegsADESIDA(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
mastercee: well! I'm not saying you are lying oooo but the thing is I've never had this kind of issue with GTB most especially the online platform.

I receive money form other accounts without problem, send money to any account without any fuss, recharge my mobile line at anytime of the day. I guess you just had a bad day

I support you!
GTBank has the best Internet Banking platform.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ayobase(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
BigBossMan: It seems you are not a frequent user.

Gtb is awesome. I have been using them regularly for the past 8 years. Their Internet banking platform is very user - friendly and they are very innovative!
However issues do come up on in a while. I also use diamond bank big time. They are equally very good.
I have had issues using both gtb and diamond, far worse than what you experienced.
Bottom line is even the best players still goof.
Just bear should sh.it happens!
Doh

just like I Mikel is goofing also.

we all do know that no Unit/organization is perfect......we only tend to be angry at one mistake during the course of desperation.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dreambeat: Did you say Diamond bank?I have been trying to transfer fund using their platform for some days but have been unsuccessful.Tried calling Customercare on several occasion,they seem not to understand what I was talking about.For you to transfer fund to other bank,you have to 'maintain beneficiary'.Completing the details of the beneficiary is cumbersome.You will have to type in the sort code,address and even postal code of the beneficiary's bank.

There's something you aren't doing right..
Sometimes network may fail.. .
But i just transferred #395, 000 to Zenith bank yesterday. ..
Instant reciept to my mail..
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ice234: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Picture or !!!!!!!

kittykat1: gtbank charged me 2500 last week
Card maintenance fees

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
olulove: you all need to check out U-mobile and U-Direct from UBA the best and most user friendly online/mobile banking platform
UBA that just closed my account...
Chop the 2k wey dey inside.. Clean mouth.
I will still sue them..
They thought am death..
GOD go punish them..

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by justi4jesu(f): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:
UBA that just closed my account...
Chop the 2k wey dey inside.. Clean mouth.
I will still sue them..
They thought am death..
GOD go punish them..

Hahahaha abeg leave me oh...lol
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Card maintenance fees
If nah me, i no go gree...
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by aieromon(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2014

My GTB token is gathering dust somewhere because of the seamless and instant transfer of funds using the Diamond mobile app.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by chucky234(m): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
You must be a learner....
GTB is still #1
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Raypawer(m): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
last week i cleared all my cash from gtb cos of their nonsense. i switch to Zenith and Access. Gtb own to Much.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by chucky234(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Card maintenance fees
Are you sure?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Lakeshizu(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
If the application dos not log me in in 30secs, D application is down U guys should stop using it on Blackberry devices!!!! U will experience a lot of hanging, logging out, duplicate transactions.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by aieromon(m): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2014

For the website version, you have to maintain beneficiary which isn't peculiar to only Diamond Bank. Choose the HQ of the receiving bank and type any postal code but not that it is going to be a NEFT transaction. For instant transfers, I suggest you install the mobile application.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Eyop: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Raypawer: last week i cleared all my cash from gtb cos of their nonsense. i switch to Zenith and Access. Gtb own to Much.

The fact still remains no Bank in Nigeria is 100% Ok. The best is to have alternatives and not to rely completely on one bank no matter how they are performing.They might be good today and bad tomorrow and as you are leaving them,another customer is opening up an account with them. It's advisable to have a minimum of 4 Business accounts for business men or women and 4 personal savings or current account for individuals.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Frankestein08(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
mu2sa2: What i hate most about Gtb mobile banking is the use of token. This means you have to be going about with your token. Uba's mobile banking is better - you use only password for transactions on phone; token is for internet banking.

pls wetin dat token mean sef?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by InvertedHammer: 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
justi4jesu: Hmmmm What a life and look at me here saying i will clear my account with Firstbank, leaving their sorry A.sses to GTB...Arrrghhhhh..

These banks are killing me cry cry

No one is perfect afterall..
\
FIRST BANK is the worst bank in this planet.

I will close my accounts with them as soon as I step into Nigeria.
/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mai Bornu To Emefiele: Indigenous CBN Governors Till Date / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.