Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,468 members, 7,978,526 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:53 AM

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) (40630 Views)

Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall / High Body Temperature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Wolison(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Rubbish!!....how does that help to contain the widespread of this Ebola?....instead of putting every mechanism in place to fashion out a way to tackle it (Ebola) medically, they re busy engineering an antediluvian ideas and technics!
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Burger01(m): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Checking bp for Ebola. This must be serious. undecided
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
sammondonpoint: Rubbish embarassed embarassed

Better rubbish..
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by iceberylin(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
so they Wont Let you Deposit if your T is High

SMH
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Deiok(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Lagbaja has no worries..We thought he was foolish..but no. He's been preventing Ebola since day 1

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by oneda(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
It's nothing new. It's been done in my company for a week now @Exxonmobil

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by ignis: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
These guys are taking this thing a bit far....

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
smiley standard bank protocol nw o. Ur temperature near 40C, na wahala b dat
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by spartanian(m): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
GTBank Zaria branch I guess.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Tunjasko(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
here in Unilorin branch,we do wash our hands with hand sanitizer Nd they also make use of d infrared thermometer.....d worst tin nw z dat deir workers uses mouth cover Nd hand gloves......Aal Izz Well

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by stagger: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
We Nigerians can be funny. If the banks did nothing and allowed every Tom Dick and Harry with a fever to enter their crowded banking halls to mix and touch people, everyone would be yelling blue murder. Now they are doing the right thing and ensuring that the "crazy" ones among us who have no qualms spreading their illnesses to others are kept out, we are still complaining.

It is better to be safe than sorry. By the way, you will notice hand sanitizers outside the CAC headquarters in Abuja. Even when I showed the security man my own personal sanitizer, he insisted I must use theirs and I was happy about it. For one thing, unlike us we are taking the fight against Ebola more seriously than would have been expected and organizations which attend to the public have joined the fight: this is laudable.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Smone(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
EBOLA DRAMA
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by jimharry21(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
guy your BP is 36/7 & you are still alive writting this rubbish?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by daben1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nice one!
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by egopersonified(f): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
krall: Its body temperature they check with that, not BP (blood pressure)
And isn't that GTB?

To check body temperature, doesnt the device touch each person? If it does, doesnt that mean the ebola virus could be trasfered from a carrier to others thru body fluids?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Caracta(f): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wolison: Rubbish!!....how does that help to contain the widespread of this Ebola?....instead of putting every mechanism in place to fashion out a way to tackle it (Ebola) medically, they re busy engineering an antediluvian ideas and technics!

At least, they are doing something. Learn to appreciate little things. Do you expect them to take up the responsibility of the government? Tackle what medically? Are they now doctors or members of WHO? Common sense sha... angry

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by bimbor(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
olrotimi: Its been ages since i last went to the banking hall, however i had to visit the bank to renew my ATM card. On getting there i noticed the porter putting a device to customers' head.before they enter the banking hall. When it got to my turn, the following conversation ensued:

Porter: Goodmorning Sir, welcome to XYZ bank.....

Me: Thankyou.

Porter: Sir let me check your BP [pointing device to my head]

Me: [curiously wandering what business banks have with BP
[device beeps]

Porter: See[showing me device reading] your BP is normal, 36.7

In my mind am like 'oh! loool,in their mind these guys are taking 'precautionary measures' to fish out those with ebola cos its widely advertised that fever is a key feature of ebola.

Interesting enough, there was a suspected case of ebola with classical presentation on monday at the Teaching Hosp of which i was the casualty officer who saw the patient & funny enough the patient died shortly after presenting(sample sent to lagos came out yesterday to be negative).

The info obviously got to town prompting the bank to begin temp check.
So am beginning to ask myself, does it mean an ill patient(maybe with malaria) cannot transact in the bank again? Arent we taking this ebola thngy a little bit too far?

@Op are you by chance talking about the patient that presented at ABU Teaching Hospital on Monday? You mean the dude is dead?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by austinreal1: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
what happens to someone who has been treating himself for over 5 years or more for high BP? does it mean that such person(s) should not come near banking premises for fear of embarrassment of being ebola carrier. High bp is not a good way of determining ebola cases.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by dapizy02(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
its beta to comment b4 is too late.....
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by msmon(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
If the news is real, then it's a good initiative.

Revealed: IBB silent the military!
www.nairaland.com/1890131/boko-haram-ibb-disarmed-military
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
UBA branch here in Calabar gives you a hand sanitizer to use before you enter the bank. grin undecided
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
egopersonified:

To check body temperature, doesnt the device touch each person? If it does, doesnt that mean the ebola virus could be trasfered from a carrier to others thru body fluids?
it an infra red temperature scanner. it doesnt need to touch the surface.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Emvin(m): 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
I visited d bank lastweek. In d branch (Mokola, IB), they provided a huge bow of jik, customers are mandated 2 wash their hands and den ur temperature is checked b4 u go in.
Not a bad idea if u ask me
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by msmon(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
This is a better FP thread!

Moderator, kindly do justice!

Revealed: IBB silent the military!
www.nairaland.com/1890131/boko-haram-ibb-disarmed-military
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by bimbor(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Leopantro: 1. that particular infra-red Thermometer can be used at a distance of 5 to 15cm from the forehead. from the picture above the security man is beyond that range.

2. the Thermometer needs to be caliberated to the room temperature by comparing with a normal Thermometer then adjusting it to correspond to the body temperature. most people don't do that.

3. the forehead needs to be clean amd without sweat.

4. can switch from surface temperature and body temperature. Each have different values.

5. some infra-red thermometers where made in colder climates so a correction factor needs to be added to each value obtained.

i do hope such security guards are taught how to effectively use such devices.

Lol.....u can bet no one does all this correction factors before using the thermometer.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by UnknownT: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
The same way i saw in Gada street Portharcourt today, a small banner in a small shop written, EBOLA: check your temperature here everyday for #100 .

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by sexzskil(f): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
USA- THE ULTIMATE SYMBOL OF MANKIND
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by kelvinnn(m): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
God will help us in nigeria Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Ignore These 5 Pains / 5 Reasons You Should Sleep Unclad / Coronavirus: Mamora Says Each Test Costs The Government ₦10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.