Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,494 members, 7,951,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:45 AM

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) (40609 Views)

Scientists Discover A New Way To Block HIV From Entering The Body / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall / High Body Temperature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by NobleG1(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
It shows how st*upid some Nigerians are. What has BP (Blood Pressure) got to do with body temperature?
And is checking body temperature a way to diagnose Ebola?
A so-called bank supposed to know better! So much st*upid people in Nigeria.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by room089: 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Very funny I tell ya! grin grin

Hope bankers would avoid direct contact with people outside banking halls so that they don't contract Ebola virus?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Chinom(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
I don't see how that will solve anything. EVD hits one when you least expect it. I don't go to the bank to hug and shake strangers.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by rodeo0070(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Its nothing new. Its just a precautionary measure. Its been done in my company for over a month now. In fact, every staff is given a bottle of hand sanitizer to use...
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by slightlyMad(f): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
yeye dey smell,
i go load that porter slap for trying to use a radioactive object on me. yes, thats what i'll call it
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by jaykaylegend(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
I also went to collect my ATM card yesterday at area 11 branch and we even had to wash our hands with water mixed with chlorine before we were allowed to enter...
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by hatux: 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Leopantro:

AND YOU ARE LAUGHING?! that device utilizes infra-red rays that can burn the retina of the eyes and can cause blindness.

DO NOT LOOK INTO THE INFRA-RED PORT OF THE DEVICE
Guy I never said I looked into the stuff, just only the man pointed it to my eyes please....
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Jarus(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
It's done in my office too. For both employees in the morning and visitors before entering. Trained security personnel politely tell the visitors.

If above 38'c, for employees, asked to go home or to the hospital, for visitor politely turned backed.

High temperature is one of the earliest symptoms of Ebola.

Mine was between 34-36 Monday to Friday this week.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Jarus(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
NobleG1: It shows how st*upid some Nigerians are. What has BP (Blood Pressure) got to do with body temperature?
And is checking body temperature a way to diagnose Ebola?
A so-called bank supposed to know better! So much st*upid people in Nigeria.

They're checking temperature, not BP. And yes, severely high temperature is a classic symptom of Ebola.

I endorse the measure. A lot of people that had contact with the PH doctor are still at large.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by mindworx: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
They've been checking here at OJ, since last week or two weeks sef.
By the way, UBA started checking before GTBank.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by AIZubair(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Acidosis: location, sir?
Sokoto

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
Happened to me this week at a branch in Abuja (GTBank is not my main bank).Security guard even gratefully thanked me for patiently standing there and waiting

I wonder what he would have done if I identified myself as a doctor (Extra screening perhaps?)
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
jaykaylegend: I also went to collect my ATM card yesterday at area 11 branch and we even had to wash our hands with water mixed with chlorine before we were allowed to enter...

Ye gods!...they are now washing hands?

The day I see banking workers wearing full protective gear.....I am going to freak out.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by awofoa01: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kaduna Branch
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by egopersonified(f): 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
krall: it an infra red temperature scanner. it doesnt need to touch the surface.

Okay, thats good to know, maybe I should get one to scan those who sit beside me in church, my colleagues and clients, my hairdresser and any other person that shares my air space.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
olrotimi: Its been ages since i last went to the banking hall, however i had to visit the bank to renew my ATM card. On getting there i noticed the porter putting a device to customers' head.before they enter the banking hall. When it got to my turn, the following conversation ensued:

Porter: Goodmorning Sir, welcome to XYZ bank.....

Me: Thankyou.

Porter: Sir let me check your BP [pointing device to my head]

Me: [curiously wandering what business banks have with BP
[device beeps]

Porter: See[showing me device reading] your BP is normal, 36.7

In my mind am like 'oh! loool,in their mind these guys are taking 'precautionary measures' to fish out those with ebola cos its widely advertised that fever is a key feature of ebola.

Interesting enough, there was a suspected case of ebola with classical presentation on monday at the Teaching Hosp of which i was the casualty officer who saw the patient & funny enough the patient died shortly after presenting(sample sent to lagos came out yesterday to be negative).

The info obviously got to town prompting the bank to begin temp check.
So am beginning to ask myself, does it mean an ill patient(maybe with malaria) cannot transact in the bank again? Arent we taking this ebola thngy a little bit too far?

What is funny about a patient dying? undecided

1 Like

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by nijanigga: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Stupidity of the highest order. If I go there and they stopped me from entering, I will make sure I robbed by hands or body on the security or someone before I leave.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
egopersonified:

Okay, thats good to know, maybe I should get one to scan those who sit beside me in church, my colleagues and clients, my hairdresser and any other person that shares my air space.
but be careful before you get harassed
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by hillit: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
I also experieced it. I didn't undersand initially. Ebola abeg oo
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by alabiyemmy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Not only GTB bros.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by gistmelove(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
i guess is all bank

Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by chibexme(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
How To Send Unlimited Free Sms Daily Through Your Mobile Phone Or Tablet

1) Download "Ozioma" app from Google Play for Android users or Blackberry AppWorld for Blackberry users.

2) If you are using Blackberry and do not have BB subscription visit http://ozioma.net through your phone and download from Ozioma website.

3) If you already have Ozioma app installed on your mobile phone or tablet with version less than 2.3, upgrade to start enjoying free SMS.

4) Create account if you wish to keep track of your sent messages. Account creation is optional.

Note: this service is not a promo, its free and unlimited for real.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
gistmelove: i guess is all bank

it is not all bank that check the temperature of customers.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by hikmojj(m): 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
dis bank resemble gtb zaria branch@ op im i right
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Ninapha(f): 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
adidison: Porter: Sir let me check your BP [pointing device to my head]

is it not temperature/ fever for Ebola ... thought BP was blood pressure ... is that what he really said? BP? omo na mass quarantine of hypertensive patients be that for XYZ bank lol..

it cant possibly be BP he said. 36.7 has no representaion of blood pressure reading. I suppose its the temperature he said. Abi na 36/7? Na one na death low BP na.

Op. Looks like its the Nnewi case, of last week abi? see story for here last week, u go fear.
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Kirinwa: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
olrotimi:
exactly, we're just not ready for ebola. those over the counter wear disposable gloves to avoid contact with money handled by customers buh thrs this dude who wanted to count a wad of notes when the machine was malfunctioning. He tried it with his gloves on buh it was really clumsy, d guy jus vex comot the gloves.

Buahahahaha. grin grin
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by IYANGBALI: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Beync: Me sef I no dey borrow anything from person again, even biro I carry my own and I no dey give you for bank. I dey even carry my convertible chair go bank in case crowd too much and I won sidon. Hehe
I hope you will also stop borrowing people,s undies too?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by talk2riel: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Acidosis: location, sir?
That's definitely GT bank by PZ zaria
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Beync(f): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
IYANGBALI: I hope you will also stop borrowing people,s undies too?
you me yourself,right?
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
somtin similar happen to me wen,I wentt to Uba inside computer village to do a transaction ,as I got to the door, the man at d door did nt even ask for permission he jst pointed d thing to my head,I wntd to challenge him bt on a second tot,I ws like for. We Nigerrians sake let me allow him
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by 190theclown: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Beync: Me sef I no dey borrow anything from person again, even biro I carry my own and I no dey give you for bank. I dey even carry my convertible chair go bank in case crowd too much and I won sidon. Hehe

smh undecided undecided
Re: GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) by Sunshinelady(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
CoolHunk:
What is funny about a patient dying? undecided
. I wondered same thin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola / Mummified Corpses: Edo Police Reveal Details Of Investigation / 5 Reasons You Should Sleep Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.