Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? (13144 Views)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by lalasticlala(m): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have heard so much about Ekiti state being the most educated state in Nigeria and that Ekiti has the highest number of Professors in Nigeria.
I also heard that in most families in Ekiti, you would see one professor or more. That professors contest for Councillorship positions.

I don't know how true these assertions are. I don't know if these assertions are actually exaggerated or not.

Can someone help clarify some of these assertions?

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by eaglechild: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
They are mere assertions.

I am sure the present reality is different.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Also heard that too,how far is true,don't know.

People from Ekiti should come out to testify.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by eph12(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
Heard same too and so far nobody has come out to dispute that claim so it can only mean one thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Me na hear i dey hear but i have never seen a professor from Ekiti that launched a rocket students of GTC Okigwe use as assignment.

I do not understand the type of professors the state is churning out that worth all the hype and grandstanding.

But i know that Ekiti has the largest Marijuana farms in West Africa, the former NDLEA called them "Fountain of Marijuana" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nonsense.
It is nothing but propaganda and people from that side perform better in propaganda than in education really.

Come on, most educated state that couldn't come up as best performing state in WAEC examination?

6 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by JANK23H(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lie from the pit of hell.I lived in Ekiti for a year and they are educationally backward.In the SW I think Oyo and Ogun states are far ahead. Compare Ekiti with the north.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Emmyk(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Just passing by.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Collynzo16: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
No wonder they are always bottom of the pile in WAEC and NECO Performance.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ondo is the most educated in SW.
i have being to Ondo, i have many Ondo friends there, my dad was once at Okitipupa and my godson in University back then is from Okitipupa,he studied painting in (UNIZIK), my lodge mate during NYSC in Delta is from Ondo town.

To be sincere Ondo people are very distinct and warmly, anytime i want to use tribal slur in a thread here and remember my Ondo peepz my body claws but i will still go ahead and do that then ask for forgiveness later grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

sorry Ondo people are not Yorubas, i stand to be corrected

Am sorry Ondos...,
I never meant to hurt uuuuuu....,
i never meant to make you cry but tonight...
am defending my own tribe....

once more

-Emine3 will sue someone here. grin grin grin grin grin grin

JANK23H: Lie from the pit of hell.I lived in Ekiti for a year and they are educationally backward.In the SW I think Oyo and Ogun states are far ahead. Compare Ekiti with the north.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Balkan(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: Ondo is the most educated in SW.
i have being to Ondo, i have many Ondo friends there, my dad was once at Okitipupa and my godson in University back then is from Okitipupa,he studied painting in (UNIZIK), my lodge mate during NYSC in Delta is from Ondo town.

To be sincere Ondo people are very distinct and warmly, anytime i want to use tribal slur in a thread here and remember my Ondo peepz my body claws but i will still go ahead and do that then ask for forgiveness later grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Am sorry Ondos...,

once more

Ondo people are different from Yoruba people
They are highly educated and will never betray you.
They are not chameleons

7 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by firstolalekan(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
In case of "incasity" grin
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
1 Ekiti man jst broke record in sokoto .. D guy nw dey do dis mai shai stuff...

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Queenyprinxex(f): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Seconded @ OP
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by queenmorenikeji(f): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
I think u guys need to come down to Ekiti to clarify and I can say from what I have seen that we Ekiti's dey try oooo
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
My two friends served in Ekiti so dont go there before..... cool cool cool cool cool
queenmorenikeji: I think u guys need to come down to Ekiti to clarify and I can say from what I have seen that we Ekiti's dey try oooo

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Jellyjust: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
I lived in Ekiti for over 10years, in terms of Education, they are trying as it seems to be the major industry there .even though most of them end up as NCE and polytechnic graduates, but as for topping the list, its a fat lie, though Ekiti used to be the" Fountain of knowledge" having the most educated people with the highest no of professors too but that was then as other states have overtaken them long ago ,this account for why they changed their slogan to "Land of Honour" instead. currently, IMO, Ondo, Anambra, Ekiti , Delta and Kwara top the list of professors and as well most educated state in Nigeria respectively. Don't ask for source, Google is friend

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: Ondo is the most educated in SW.

Am sorry Ondos...,

once more

You're right, Ondo has the highest rate of educated people. On your claim that they're not Yoruba (I've also heard it from some of them), is a lie. They're a sub-group of the Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ekiti people are not the most educated. What they pride they pride themselves on is, having the highest number of professors. They're followed by the Okun which cut across Kogi, Kwara, Ondo and Ekiti states.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by UnknownT: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Me na hear i dey hear but i have never seen a professor from Ekiti that launched a rocket students of GTC Okigwe use as assignment.

I do not understand the type of professors the state is churning out that worth all the hype and grandstanding.

But i know that Ekiti has the largest Marijuana farms in West Africa, the former NDLEA called them "Fountain of Marijuana" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
FGC not GTC!!!!! Thank you
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: My two friends served in Ekiti so dont go there before..... cool cool cool cool cool
You're not your two friends.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
since my stay in Lagos i have never come across an Ekiti person except some few chics in the office, but throughout my academic years Ondo people are the commonest people i normally meet aside my Igbo people.

The number of Ondo people i have come in contact via education and other academic activities surpass the number of rest Yoruba states put together.

OrlandoOwoh:
You're not your two friends.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: since my stay in Lagos i have never come across an Ekiti person except some few chics in the office, but throughout my academic years Ondo people are the commonest people i normally meet aside my Igbo people.

The number of Ondo people i have come in contact via education and other academic activities surpass the number of rest Yoruba states put together.

What are you trying to imply when you say you've not seen an Ekiti? They don't travel?
Don't confuse Ondo with Ondo State. They're not the same. The same thing applies to Enugu and Enugu State. An Nsukka man is not Enugu man, but an Enugu State man.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chefremy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Well according to me.:-
1.ondo
2.osun
3.anambra
4.oyo
5.lagos

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chefremy(m): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please take your education to the Koma people of Adamawa and stop ranting here.
did i tell you Ondo State or Ekiti town...

Ondo and Ekiti states i meant and stop classing the bullsh1t

oya vermose...next person abeg

OrlandoOwoh:
What are you trying to imply when you say you've not seen an Ekiti? They don't travel?
Don't confuse Ondo with Ondo State. They're not the same. The same thing applies to Enugu and Enugu State. An Nsukka man is not Enugu man, but an Enugu State man.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
2 Ogun

5 Osunistan

chefremy: Well according to me.:-
1.ondo

2.osun
3.anambra
4.oyo
5.lagos
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: Please take your education to the Koma people of Adamawa and stop ranting here.
did i tell you Ondo State or Ekiti town...

Ondo and Ekiti states i meant and stop classing the bullsh1t

oya vermose...next person abeg

There you go, making another mistake. There is nothing like Ekiti town, all the people in Ekiti State belong to the same Yoruba sub-group known as Ekiti. This unlike Ondo State where you have Ondo, Ijaw, Akure, etc; Osun State where you have Ife, Ijesha, Oyo, etc; Ogun State where you have Ijebu, Egba, Egbado, Awori, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by queenmorenikeji(f): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: My two friends served in Ekiti so dont go there before..... cool cool cool cool cool
hmmmmmmmm,I schooled there and was born there
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
There you go, making another mistake. There is nothing like Ekiti town, all the people in Ekiti State belong to the same Yoruba sub-group known as Ekiti. This unlike Ondo State where you have Ondo, Ijaw, Akure, etc; Osun State where you have Ife, Ijesha, Oyo, etc; Ogun State where you have Ijebu, Egba, Egbado, Awori, etc.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
what i know is that Ekiti is Ekiti and Ondo is Ondo
When you get to your Yoruba enclave you will start dissecting and slicing them but am not a Yoruba so i care less about the subs and dialects that abound in the respective states...to me States count, carpish

OrlandoOwoh:

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Apart from the fact that my mum is ekiti. In every family, I mean every family that I no, there is at least one professor. Its no joke. In my mum's family there are 2. One is I'm Yankee the other one is in ife or so. It's a pride for u to have a professor in ur family.

Secondly, ekiti people and education is just crazy sometimes I feel it makes them act like they know everything " over sabi ". I have been there so I no what am talking about. You see one very old woman in the village who can speak English a bit. I mean all those old looking women that look like witches. Most of them finished secondary school and got married in those days. They couldn't further because of money.

Thirdly I noticed that ekiti people do not see money as anything. When u go to ado for Christmas, ud see proffesors and lecturers who come from abroad on holidays, most of their houses are bungalows. Drive one ordinary car. They speak very deep yoruba English. They don't have any foreign accent at all. They speak like there is hot yam in their mouth but they are just dam intelligent. The first thing they use to rate anybody is " se o lo school or se o kawe" meaning that did u go to school?.

You need to go there and interact wiv them before u can talk. They are politically conscious, strong willed and very very stubborn. The person that mentioned ogun state, you can say all those other states are easily recognisable or seen because of their nature. Ekiti people are not loud. they are just very normal people just don't find their trouble.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / Wike Closes 1,886 Illegal Schools In Rivers State / Schools Here In Nigerian That Offer Part Time Programme On Elect/elect & Com Sci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.