Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,812 members, 7,879,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? (13145 Views)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by daryoor(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
BuddahMonk: The only thing Yorubas can spar Igbos is in the Legal profession.

The rest....dont go there, before you count 5 Yorubas in every field you must have counted 10 igbos that set the pace.

Soyinka is the writer in yorubaland , let forget the old writers

im sure you dont listen to music then

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by daryoor(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
BuddahMonk: The only thing Yorubas can spar Igbos is in the Legal profession.

The rest....dont go there, before you count 5 Yorubas in every field you must have counted 10 igbos that set the pace.

Soyinka is the writer in yorubaland , let forget the old writers

5 to 10

stop dreaming.. we out number you in the muaic industry that im very sure of.

contemporary music industry you guys trail, with the likes of wizkid, davido, banky, dbanj, asa, tiwa,

http://www.earlyface.com/naija-world-celebrity-talks/a-z-name-list-of-nigerian-musicians-nigeria-music-artists/
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Aidenehi: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ekiti is one of the worst states I have been to in Nigeria. And educationally and economically backward also.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by EldaTimba(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Igbos always have problem whenever anything good is coming from yorubas. Look at them trying to derail the trend. No wonder their states are underdeveloped
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
daryoor:

5 to 10

contemporary music industry you guys trail, with the likes of wizkid, davido, banky, dbanj, asa, tiwa,

http://www.earlyface.com/naija-world-celebrity-talks/a-z-name-list-of-nigerian-musicians-nigeria-music-artists/
who is this one kwa, all these musician can't equal P Square.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
DikeOha882: who is this one kwa, all these musician can't equal P Square.
all of them put together can't stand don jazzy, don jazzy is like a lord in music industry cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
daryoor:

5 to 10

virtually all those musicians you mentioned pay (or payed) homage to Don jazzy (an igbo man), davido, D banj tiwa were/are don jazzy's subordinates. Don jazzy is like an uncle in music to wizkid. Banky and tiwa just dey try.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by tandj: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
chinazaekperem2: all of them put together can't stand don jazzy, don jazzy is like a lord in music industry cheesy

Is don't jazzy Igbo? I don't think so.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by thwarrior72: 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
tandj: Noo, when it comes to music give it to yoruba. Any type.
I can authoritatively attest that in music dept in all d universities in d east, majority are yorubas.

Once we see a yoruba then, we will conclude he is either in music, fine art, law or philosophy.

And yes I love their music.

Not having 1million yoruba in music department is the koko, but how many of them make it out they shadow, like someone earlier said, what's there to glory from a professor who's unknown outside his immediate family?

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by gratiaeo(m): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Don't forget stomach infrastructure
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by thwarrior72: 7:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
gratiaeo: Don't forget stomach infrastructure
Which one be stomach infrastructure?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
django1:

Jazzy is from where? Mom is from Abia, Dad Igbo from Delta.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
django1:

so what tribe is he?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
DikeOha882: Jazzy is from where? Mom is from Abia, Dad Igbo from Delta.

I thought I've heard it somewhere that he isn't. Anyway, do you have source?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
DikeOha882: Jazzy is from where? Mom is from Abia, Dad Igbo from Delta.
they guy was born in umuahia and his dad is an igbo from delta, the next thing he will tell you is delta igbo doesn't exist, watch and see cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
django1:

I thought I've heard it somewhere that he isn't. Anyway, do you have source?
www.360nobs.com/2013/07/360nobs-presents-who-is-don-jazzy/
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123: Can sb tell me what ekiti professors have done for Nigeria or what they are known for.

Soludo we know, emeagwali we know, Achebe we know, Akunyili, etc.
What's with yorubas and professors without content and impact?
Wole Soyinka, Afe babalola, are from the moon?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
chinazaekperem2: they guy was born in umuahia and his dad is an igbo from delta, the next thing he will tell you is delta igbo doesn't exist, watch and see cheesy
Lol
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by daryoor(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
DikeOha882: who is this one kwa, all these musician can't equal P Square.

na una know dat one o. me sha know say una no plenty reach
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Wole Soyinka, Afe babalola, are from the moon?
afe bablola that gave cameroun land that belongs to cross river state due to his incompetence? Is there another afe?

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
daryoor:

na una know dat one o. me sha know say una no plenty reach
I don't have to join issues with you, did u see ur brothers join in your argument about musicians?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by sean079: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
going by nysc statistics, ogun is always d number one n den closely follow by osun coz its what av discovered. Ogun are d most travel opportunists n educated among all d groups in d western region n dat fact can't b argue considering d federal govt appointment
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by gratiaeo(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
thwarrior72: Which one be stomach infrastructure?
U never heard of Fayemi rice?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Evergreen123:

its only yorubas and sahara reporters that cant stomach he won Gordon prize in super computing, haters.
akunyili and soludo had impacts even before appointment.
Asking what soludo achieved for CBN and what akunyilu did for nafdac is naive of u.
These are sound technocrats, internationally known, which technocrat u get? none.
1. Akinwunmi Adesina, who's unarguably the best performing minister currently.
2. Olusegun Aganga
3. Babatunde Fashola, who's the best performing governor since year 2007
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by EldaTimba(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Igbos comparing themselves to Yorubas since 1960s. U can only compare ursef to what is BETTER than u. The more u compare, the better we look.
#shalom
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
EldaTimba: Igbos comparing themselves to Yorubas since 1960s. U can only compare ursef to what is BETTER than u. The more u compare, the better we look.
#shalom
We don't compare with local champions, we play on international scene.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
sean079: going by nysc statistics, ogun is always d number one n den closely follow by osun coz its what av discovered. Ogun are d most travel opportunists n educated among all d groups in d western region n dat fact can't b argue considering d federal govt appointment
most of the students in ogun uni are from other states. The uni are just located in ogun state.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ayekotoo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

How come all the South East states perform better than Ekiti in WAEC & NECO?
How come you all cant produce the likes of Gbawe, Katsmoto, Tony spike, Equerilla, Italiano1, Jarus, take dat, Aribasalao et all on nairaland alone not to talk of Yorubas on print media?

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayekotoo:
2. Olusegun Aganga

Rice and garri keeps getting expensive. I have come to realize he is a media person. Aganga did what? Wetin man no go hear.
U don't have technocrats,
Fashola? Technocrats don't plunge their states into debts their next generations can't repay. He borrowed for every project,what did he do with his igr and allocation?
Peter obi was the governor that did like a technocrat in economics and finance.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayekotoo:
2. Olusegun Aganga
Adesinah is perfect gentle man no doubt, as for Aganga a gentle man also but he is from Edo state thats why lagos state govt protested against his appointment that he is not their own

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayekotoo:
How come you all cant produce the likes of Gbawe, Katsmoto, Tony spike, Equerilla, Italiano1, Jarus, take dat, Aribasalao et all on nairaland alone not to talk of Yorubas on print media?
Just look at the calibre of people u have, is that technocracy?
Musiwa is even better than all of u

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / Wike Closes 1,886 Illegal Schools In Rivers State / Schools Here In Nigerian That Offer Part Time Programme On Elect/elect & Com Sci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.