Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,812 members, 7,879,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? (13145 Views)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
Except you mean traditional education.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
BuddahMonk: what i know is that Ekiti is Ekiti and Ondo is Ondo
When you get to your Yoruba enclave you will start dissecting and slicing them but am not a Yoruba so i care less about the subs and dialects that abound in the respective states...to me States count, carpish

Na u sabi. I no go break ur head to put book inside.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Orunto: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
It is true.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by jamace(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
What does it profit a man to gather degree certificates without good roads, no potable water, no power supply and other essential infrastructural developments? Such education is a waste! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
jamace: What does it profit a man to gather degree certificates without good roads, no potable water, no power supply and other essential infrastructural developments? Such education is a waste! angry
You got me cracking.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by idumuose(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Imo state and not Ekiti has the highest number of professors in Nigeria.Ekiti is number 4

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Can sb tell me what ekiti professors have done for Nigeria or what they are known for.

Soludo we know, emeagwali we know, Achebe we know, Akunyili, etc.
What's with yorubas and professors without content and impact?

5 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Femolacaster(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Evergreen123: Can sb tell me what ekiti professors have done for Nigeria or what they are known for.

See a slowpoke's reasoning......so in your warped view, they dashed them "professorship" title devoid of carrying out research and making a meaningful contribution?

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by gatiano(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
see dis devil.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by tonytony208(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
JANK23H: Lie from the pit of hell.I lived in Ekiti for a year and they are educationally backward.In the SW I think Oyo and Ogun states are far ahead. Compare Ekiti with the north.

you are blind...pronto

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Sandijey - You are so very correct! The first thing is "se o kawe? Iwe melo lo ka?" And we also tend to speak English like there's hot yam in our mouth (I don't though. lol). I think the issue of "Fountain of Knowledge" which project, & reflects on, the image of the Ekiti people as education-freaks has to do with the high number of Ekiti people who are into academics (Awon professors professors). The quality, in the state, has been on the decline though, but that's a Nigerian sickness. Have a great week!

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Evergreen123: Can sb tell me what ekiti professors have done for Nigeria or what they are known for.

Sam Aluko, Niyi Osundare, Osuntokun, Ade Ajayi, et al. Google is ya buddy! Kachifo!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by kel4soft: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
sandijey: Apart from the fact that my mum is ekiti. In every family, I mean every family that I no, there is at least one professor. Its no joke. In my mum's family there are 2. One is I'm Yankee the other one is in ife or so. It's a pride for u to have a professor in ur family.

Secondly, ekiti people and education is just crazy sometimes I feel it makes them act like they know everything " over sabi ". I have been there so I no what am talking about. You see one very old woman in the village who can speak English a bit. I mean all those old looking women that look like witches. Most of them finished secondary school and got married in those days. They couldn't further because of money.

[b]Thirdly I noticed that ekiti people do not see money as anything. [/b]When u go to ado for Christmas, ud see proffesors and lecturers who come from abroad on holidays, most of their houses are bungalows. Drive one ordinary car. They speak very deep yoruba English. They don't have any foreign accent at all. They speak like there is hot yam in their mouth but they are just dam intelligent. The first thing they use to rate anybody is " se o lo school or se o kawe" meaning that did u go to school?.

You need to go there and interact wiv them before u can talk. They are politically conscious, strong willed and very very stubborn. The person that mentioned ogun state, you can say all those other states are easily recognisable or seen because of their nature. Ekiti people are not loud. they are just very normal people just don't find their trouble.

Who invented stomach infrastructure?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by kel4soft: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
I was think Anambra State have the highest.

1 Like

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ghost01: Sam Aluko, Niyi Osundare, Osuntokun, Ade Ajayi, et al. Google is ya buddy! Kachifo!

who the hell are these?
U see what am saying?

9 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Femolacaster:
See a slowpoke's reasoning......so in your warped view, they dashed them "professorship" title devoid of carrying out research and making a meaningful contribution?

its a Yoruba thing to do.
Where are the impacts aside mere lecturing?
Sb told me their seniors give them already done research works, is that true?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by thwarrior72: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
If It's true, who then smokes those marijuana that they produce, because they boast of been fountain of marijuana too grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by lalasticlala(m): 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
thwarrior72: If It's true, who then smokes those marijuana that they produce, because they boast of been fountain of marijuana too grin cheesy
r u guys really serious about d marijuana production in that state?
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Evergreen123:

who the hell are these?
U see what am saying?
Yeah, I see. You are ignorant of a lot of things, Evergreen. Lolz

7 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by 100Cents: 12:48am On Sep 08, 2014
I served in Ado Ekiti.

That was the lies they told us.

Their market women don't understand, " Good morning ".

5 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by hardywaltz(m): 1:26am On Sep 08, 2014
Ekiti state should change their slogan to " fountain of rice" coz that's how cheap there are.
U guyz can keep on ranting here
Anambra and Imo are always top of the list according to WAEC & JAMB for the past 30 years.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 5:53am On Sep 08, 2014
Ghost01: Sam Aluko, Niyi Osundare, Osuntokun, Ade Ajayi, et al. Google is ya buddy! Kachifo!
no one knows the these people except from few yorubas, I guess I have heard of sam aluko only(I don't even know him pictorially).
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2014
chinazaekperem2: no one knows the these people except from few yorubas, I guess I have heard of sam aluko only(I don't even know him pictorially).
RENOWNED professors like the
first Nigerian professor in the field
of Mathematics, Adegoke
Olubunmo is from ekiti .......
My point is, Does this adegboke guy have more impact in maths than 'DR' Chike Obi, even in the international community? no.
The epitome of maths in Nigeria is Chike obi.
Professors without content and impact dey too much for that side.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2014
chinazaekperem2: no one knows the these people except from few yorubas, I guess I have heard of sam aluko only(I don't even know him pictorially).
Hypocrisy don finish una. I gotta give it to you though, you are funny!
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2014
100Cents: I served in Ado Ekiti.

That was the lies they told us.

Their market women don't understand, " Good morning ".
The octogenerians who go to the market to sell goods not, altogether, worth more than N200 cos they want to maintain the tradition of how they were brought up or who? And the least you should've done was learn how to say "Ekaaro!" I served in Obubra, Cross River State, and I know how to say "Good Morning" in Mbembe. It's the whole point of NYSC...

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2014

Please what did soludo, emeagwali and akunyili do for Nigeria? Two of them were political appointees, one is an intellectual fraud, what is their achievement?

4 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by chinazaekperem2: 9:34am On Sep 08, 2014
django1:

Please what did soludo, emeagwali and akunyili do for Nigeria? Two of them were political appointees, one is an intellectual fraud, what is their achievement?
I can't believe you just asked this question shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by ilugun1: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2014
Ekiti has good population of professors.
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by ilugun1: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2014
What did they do for Nigeria? Simple question. Chest beaters.

chinazaekperem2: I can't believe you just asked this question shocked shocked
Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2014
django1:

its only yorubas and sahara reporters that cant stomach he won Gordon prize in super computing, haters.
akunyili and soludo had impacts even before appointment.
Asking what soludo achieved for CBN and what akunyilu did for nafdac is naive of u.
These are sound technocrats, internationally known, which technocrat u get? none.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
ilugun1: What did they do for Nigeria? Simple question. Chest beaters.

U know the answer .
Yorubas don't have content. in igboland, u can't even pass masters not to talk of PhD.
Professor indeed.
Imo state has it now to start with.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
Ghost01: The octogenerians who go to the market to sell goods not, altogether, worth more than N200 cos they want to maintain the tradition of how they were brought up or who? And the least you should've done was learn how to say "Ekaaro!" I served in Obubra, Cross River State, and I know how to say "Good Morning" in Mbembe. It's the whole point of NYSC...

there is no excuse for not knowing what good morning is.
Yoruba education is too substandard biko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / Wike Closes 1,886 Illegal Schools In Rivers State / Schools Here In Nigerian That Offer Part Time Programme On Elect/elect & Com Sci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.