Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33806 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Your Samsung 'boasts' 2GB RAM because it absolutely needs it

The iPhone can easily get by with 1GB RAM because the OS is designed to be efficient...at least much more efficient than Android at memory management.

Still, with that 1GB RAM, iOS manages to run smoother and much less laggy than Android...and certainly much smoother than your S5. In fact, you shouldn't even be talking since you own the crappy Nigerian variant of the S5 with it's rubbish Exynos SoC. I had the good sense to pick up the Qualcomm version which is much less laggy.

This crappy Nigerian variant of S5 with it's rubbish Exynos SOC is also sold in Europe.
Inferiority complex is probably in play here. Just saying.......
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
He he he he he he. Abeg just try check on all my posts on this thread. Alot of people are favouring specs on paper over real world experience. Wetin you want make I do? I need clear their doubts say no be so oooooo. The fact say you dey use a Samsung phone with Octa core or Quad core or whatever the case may be, no be guarantee say e go translate to better speed in the real world compared to person wey dey use ordinary dual-core. Alot of factors come to play than just the specs.
Like I stated in one of my posts, shibi Sammy dey always yarb Apple in their adverts, why them never do advert to yarb Apple as regards say them dey run Octa core for their devices while Apple dey run dual-core? Because they know say for rela life experience e no be like that. You don gwt my point? If we do a generational comparisons between them you will discover say Apple beat them in every generation. That is SIII for iPhone 5, S4 for iPhone 5S and so on. That is talking about browsing speed and general fluidity around the OS. And in all these generations, Sammy dey always come out with better specs.
I no know if you get my point.
Moreover, Apple no dey pay me neither Sammy. I just try to dey as objective as possible. But obviously I love Apple.

Basically at the moment Apple is doing everything Samsung has already done, just wait for 12" iPad, and an iPhone Mini

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: 100% on point .... I used to hate iPhones before, till I got one and just came to appreciate how well integrated their OS software, firmware and hardware is. They do charge a huge premium though for their product (that's just them being opportunistic anyway).
True... They charge a premium for their devices. But the plus side is, their devices have good resale values.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire:

Maybe you have temporary memory loss. Allow me to repost what you said in the first page of this thread :
"TECNO Phantom Z over this crap!!"
Those were your words and I was responding to that. If you think your Chinese phone is better than the Iphone that's your view. The experts would certainly think otherwise, there are many reputable websites you can go and read reviews.
Lenovo only became a significant global brand name in PC technology when they acquired IBM's Thinkpad series .... again, using their cheaper manufacturing facility.
All the other brands you mentioned are popular in 3rd world countries due to their affordable costs. They are acceptable in quality but are certainly not in the same league as the Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC etc.
If you look up any decent gadget review site you will be able to see the same.
You be happy with your tecno phone, I know I am happy with my IPhone. No wahala bro wink

Check thru my previous posts & stop spewing trash. I guess you must see your acquisition of an iPhone as a landmark achievement, congratulations. If you think a device gives you status, check again coz this is 2014. People now use, dump & switch devices & no longer worship them.
We're here to argue objectively & not flaunt gadgets owned or imagined, read my signature & you'll know you can't drag me to your level.

I still stand by my original statement that the Chinese manufactured your beloved iPhone, am done educating ya. Run along now

5 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

Basically at the moment Apple is doing everything Samsung has already done, just wait for 12" iPad, and an iPhone Mini

How come they are doing something Sammy has already done and yet they outsell Sammy completely. Do you know that Sammy has lost market share for 3 straight quarters? Imagine that Sammy released the S5 and it couldn't even trump the iPhone 5S in sales, even if it was for some time. Bro, Sammy know they are in trouble. And that was why they announced the Note 4 and co before the iPhone 6. It usually comes after Apple's events, somewhere around October. But they did that with a view to trumping iPhone sales. IMO, they dug their own grave.

And you forgot that the 12" iPad has been rumoured since last year. So it must have been in the works even before Sammy went for it. Sammy are just good with releasing as quickly as possible, but that doesn't mean they invented the original idea.

When Apple announced the iPhone 5S with Touch ID, the following day or so Sammy's VP or something said they would come up with theirs. And they did with the S5. And don't forget the rumour mill must have helped them even to prepare for it even before Apple released it.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
He's a noob. Imagine playing a game on a phone that gives console quality graphics. Did you see the game that was demoed? Mehn! You will appreciate Metal and the power of the A8.
Serious gamers don't play on mobile. BTW Mobile games graphic still have a long way to go before catching up with Console quality, unless you are talking of PS1,NINTENDO DS, FIRST MICROSOFT XBOX, ETC.
On a side note; Have you checked out GTA 5? That's just PS3 graphics. PS4 and XBOX ONE graphics is a discussion for another day.
THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
This crappy Nigerian variant of S5 with it's rubbish Exynos SOC is also sold in Europe.
Inferiority complex is probably in play here. Just saying.......

No. No it's not. The EU version of the S5 has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset. I own one.

Rank Ignorance is definitely in play in some of your arguments here.

The version sold to Africa and Middle East uses Samsung's Exynos chipset. Nigeria is in Africa. Not sure how you're reading 'inferiority complex' in a discussion about phones.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nsonaso(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

When you opened that thread gushing about the Infinix Zero, you didn't realize it had the same features as a 12k tecno phone?

Which TECNO has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 at both front screen panel and back metal finished case?

Which TECNO uses Sony Exmor RS Sensor for it's camera?

Which TECNO of below 40k comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat right from box?

Get a life Bro....
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
BTW Mobile games graphic still have a long way to go before catching up with Console quality, unless you are talking of PS1,NINTENDO DS, FIRST MICROSOFT XBOX, ETC..

All those consoles were outstripped years ago. Have you been living under a rock?

ABC247:
Serious gamers don't play on mobile.

Explains why there was a massive thread here when Modern Combat 5 came out, eh? Or why games continue to be the highest selling app category in every single mobile appstore?

Or why in Japan, mobile gaming is cratering sales of consoles?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire:
Build quality
Capability
There are many metrics, look up cnet, phonearena, Engadget etc for details.
Have a good one.
I'm going to be busy praying for super eagles / bafana game, so please no more distractions wink
Some of these sites you listed, if not all are American and European sites, and you know what that means.
I pray for Super Eagles to win too as I have green blood running in me too just like you. UP SUPER EAGLES.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nsonaso:

Which TECNO has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 at both front screen panel and back metal finished case?

Which TECNO uses Sony Exmor RS Sensor for it's camera?

Which TECNO of below 40k comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat right from box?

Get a life Bro....

They both run Android, right? They all have Cameras, screens et al, right?

So it's fair game for you to lambast another user for focusing on things the iPhone 6 does better than the 5S, yet you're happy to tout the improvements the Infinix Zero has over a cheaper, older Tecno?

I love pointing out inconsistencies to half-wits like you. I like to think I'm contributing to your education.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt: Check thru my previous posts & stop spewing trash. I guess you must see your acquisition of an iPhone as a landmark achievement, congratulations. If you think a device gives you status, check again coz this is 2014. People now use, dump & switch devices & no longer worship them.
We're here to argue objectively & not flaunt gadgets owned or imagined, read my signature & you'll know you can't drag me to your level.

I still stand by my original statement that the Chinese manufactured your beloved iPhone, am done educating ya. Run along now
You know what, carry your beloved tecno phone and hang it around your neck like a trophy ... I am done trying to have a civil and intelligent discussion with you.
Yes the Chinese manufactured the iphone, when will it enter your block-head that I never disputed that? Who engineered that phone, it's was in Cupertino, California .... and NOT Beijing where your tecno baby hardware design blue-print was copy + pasted from a Samsung (& other reputable brands).
Have a good evening.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

No. No it's not. The EU version of the S5 has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset. I own one.

Rank Ignorance is definitely in play in some of your arguments here.

The version sold to Africa and Middle East uses Samsung's Exynos chipset. Nigeria is in Africa. Not sure how you're reading 'inferiority complex' in a discussion about phones.
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
THANKS.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
Some of these sites you listed, if not all are American and European sites, and you know what that means.
I pray for Super Eagles to win too as I have green blood running in me too just like you. UP SUPER EAGLES.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
well then maybe you rely on Naira land, Sahara reporters or some random Chinese Noodle Phone review website for your positive tecno phone review .... that's fine and that's also your prerogative.

Where we are in agreement is that the super eagles need to go and whip some bafana bafana àss tonight right in their own stadium
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire:
You know what, carry your beloved tecno phone and hang it around your neck like a trophy ... I am done trying to have a civil and intelligent discussion with you.
Yes the Chinese manufactured the iphone, when will it enter your block-head that I never disputed that? Who engineered that phone, it's was in Cupertino, California .... and NOT Beijing where your tecno baby was copy + pasted.
I have added your NL handle to my list of mugüs I encounter on NL so that I don't bother responding to your posts anymore.
Have a good evening.

Who says I even use a techno? You see as a tech device user I ain't myopic like you coz I pick based on my need.
Using a particular brand can't makeup for your deficiencies in life, your fanatical assertions here show how shallow you are & the level of your self esteem.
Simple people like you resort to name calling when they can't get an ignorant point across. Am done replying you

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Who says I even use a techno? You see as a tech device user I ain't myopic like you coz I pick based on my need.
Using a particular brand can't makeup for your deficiencies in life, your fanatical assertions here show how shallow you are & the level of your self esteem. Am done replying you
Fine, pick your choice of (insert chinese designed & engineered phone manufacturer) phone and be happy with it. No wahala.
Now let us go and cheer our eagles to victory over SA, hopefully we are in agreement there.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
Serious gamers don't play on mobile. BTW Mobile games graphic still have a long way to go before catching up with Console quality, unless you are talking of PS1,NINTENDO DS, FIRST MICROSOFT XBOX, ETC.
On a side note; Have you checked out GTA 5? That's just PS3 graphics. PS4 and XBOX ONE graphics is a discussion for another day.
THANKS.
I have played it on my Xbox 360. But I must admit, the graphics on next generation consoles (Xbox One & PS4) is nothing short of remarkable. Another game that is also worth noting is Watchdogs. But seriously, GTAV is a beauty, even in last gen consoles (Xbox 360 & PS3) how much more next gen. I saw the demo for next gen and I tripped. But it can still be argued that it ultimately boils down to the companies and how much they are ready to bring to the table to work with. GTAV is the best selling game ever, even though its yet to launch in next gen consoles. But them spend money do am sha oooooo. cheesy To make such games no be beans oooooo. Like I learnt, ACTIVISION in their next iteration for COD series (Advance Warfare) they started working with $500 million. Which if course wouldn't cover the total cost.

But on that issue, its worth noting that games on iPhone 6 would demolish its competitors especially because of Metal. And you know of course Apple already owns the crown for game graphics in mobile phones.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

All those consoles were outstripped years ago. Have you been living under a rock?

Explains why there was a massive thread here when Modern Combat 5 came out, eh? Or why games continue to be the highest selling app category in every single mobile appstore?

Or why in Japan, mobile gaming is cratering sales of consoles?
PS3, XBOX 360, PS4 and XBOX ONE then?
You never heard of these, or you tactically avoided talking about them?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:

How come they are doing something Sammy has already done and yet they outsell Sammy completely. Do you know that Sammy has lost market share for 3 straight quarters? Imagine that Sammy released the S5 and it couldn't even trump the iPhone 5S in sales, even if it was for some time. Bro, Sammy know they are in trouble. And that was why they announced the Note 4 and co before the iPhone 6. It usually comes after Apple's events, somewhere around October. But they did that with a view to trumping iPhone sales. IMO, they dug their own grave.

And you forgot that the 12" iPad has been rumoured since last year. So it must have been in the works even before Sammy went for it. Sammy are just good with releasing as quickly as possible, but that doesn't mean they invented the original idea.

When Apple announced the iPhone 5S with Touch ID, the following day or so Sammy's VP or something said they would come up with theirs. And they did with the S5. And don't forget the rumour mill must have helped them even to prepare for it even before Apple released it.

Yes sammy sales has dropped and its due to the cheap chinese brands running on same OS Android. iphone thumping sammy in sales doesn't mean its the best. Why do they call iFans iSheeps cos they don't reason with their head. 8 out of 10 iSheeps don't know why he is getting the new iPhone. Apple isn't the first company to use fingerprint scanner on their phone. Motorola used it first. What Apple is doing right now is what Sammy has done already. Remember when Jobs(R.I.P) said no one would buy a big screen phone, why did they eventually

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
sushieater:

Nne Nne, you completely miss the point. It's not about Someone forcing me to buy it or not. I bet you're one of the people That thinks that buying that $139 million dollar house on front page today doesn't make all that sense. There's something we call "Criticism" which you have clearly forgotten about.

Spec wise, this phone is just meh. 8MP camera, Dual-core 1400Mhz processor, 1GB RAM, 1800mAh battery in 2014?? Those specifications are so 2012. I guess the Samsung Galaxy SIII is the new Apple IPhone 6.

Wanted to call you an Isheep but ... grin

I never begrudge anyone what they can afford and want to buy and enjoy. It's called personal choice. I'll never buy a Samsung and would never dictate to anyone else no to buy it as well.

Personally the smoothness of the iphone is what i've loved since day one, having taught my old folks how to use Facetime and being able to use imessage freely with them, i'm not above switch. I'm definitely getting the iphone 6 on release day as i'm stuck on 5 currently, but feel to buy me the latest samsung too.

Same reason i prefer BMW to ford, regardless of the spec, i love the way it drives. Is that a crime?
hmmm!
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by DaGC(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Broda @Dmcdad, I do get your point, although its obvious you like the iPhone more. Makes me surprised that you are using a Note II cause that money could have gotten you a 4s or a 5 sef.

Apple sure has an advantage because the OS belongs to them, so whatever phone they produce, they maximise it to work at optimal performance with their OS hence the integration. Unline google that doesn't make their own phones. The Nexus line are the smoothest offerings on android because they run 'pure andriod' but even google outsource them to other OEMs. I'm sure if produced their own phones they might have optimised it to work at optimal levels with their OS. I kinda like what Microsoft is doing with Windows phone at the moment, although other OEMs are also offering Windows phone too, so the best really would have to be the Nokia Lumia line ups because they belong to Microsoft. I've see the fluidity of a single core Windows phone and I was amazed.
None is perfect though. Apple lacks customisations, true multitasking, its a hackers delight hence data aint usually safe with them etc, Andriod requires more resources, prone to viruses, windows phone doesn't offer much with apps, and despite the GPU on the phone, it tends to have the final say on graphics quality on its games, you can't really tweak it etc.
Wasn't impressed with you supporting the claim that HTC's ultrapixels beat Sammy's megapixels in picture quality though. That was a real doozy. The iPhone might still be stuck on 8MPs for the 4th phone running, but it can sure take a quality photo, but even so, it won't blow the S4 or the S5 away so easily as you implied. It might even lose in some situations. But you were right in saying that the only phones that could top its quality easily are the top end Lumia phones.
FYI, HTC and Sony should be ashamed of their cameras especially Sony. Such nice designs with solid build quality should also a nice user experience to go with it.

Sorry, the post got long. I didn't mean to ramble much. Back to watching our 'super houseflies'.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nostalgia21(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
sexyseun: oh plz, save us your crap! A dual core processor still remains the fact that it uses 2core CPU for processin with 1024mb RAM, that's what the Apple's iPhone 6 is advertising in 2014? Try multitasking on the iphone 5 and you see the phone sluggishly working, try playing HD games and u would be surprised that the useless non-removable batteried phone hangs. 1G Ram is so diff from 3G Ram anyway u see it
You lie.
I've been using the iphone 5s for months now I multitask, I play hd games and I can boldly tell you that my phone has NEVER lagged for once.. Iphone 6 simply awesome and Whether you like it or not APPLE rules..
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
I have played it on my Xbox 360. But I must admit, the graphics on next generation consoles (Xbox One & PS4) is nothing short of remarkable. Another game that is also worth noting is Watchdogs. But seriously, GTAV is a beauty, even in last gen consoles (Xbox 360 & PS3) how much more next gen. I saw the demo for next gen and I tripped. But it can still be argued that it ultimately boils down to the companies and how much they are ready to bring to the table to work with. GTAV is the best selling game ever, even though its yet to launch in next gen consoles. But them spend money do am sha oooooo. cheesy To make such games no be beans oooooo. Like I learnt, ACTIVISION in their next iteration for COD series (Advance Warfare) they started working with $500 million. Which if course wouldn't cover the total cost.

But on that issue, its worth noting that games on iPhone 6 would demolish its competitors especially because of Metal. And you know of course Apple already owns the crown for game graphics in mobile phones.
I like the way you presented your argument, unlike my other friend. I have nothing personal against Apple or anybody in this forum. But I just want the truth to be told the way it is. ANDROID IS GOOD and IOS IS GOOD. JUST CHOOSE WHAT YOU LIKE AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN OUR DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA THAN DEBATING ABOUT ANOTHER COUNTRY'S INGENUITY.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:

The last time i checked apple was market share too, though they are making the "better" devices...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

Yes sammy sales has dropped and its due to the cheap chinese brands running on same OS Android. iphone thumping sammy in sales doesn't mean its the best. Why do they call iFans iSheeps cos they don't reason with their head. 8 out of 10 iSheeps don't know why he is getting the new iPhone. Apple isn't the first company to use fingerprint scanner on their phone. Motorola used it first. What Apple is doing right now is what Sammy has done already. Remember when Jobs(R.I.P) said no one would buy a big screen phone, why did they eventually
Does it mean people worldwide buying Apple products are all fools? Sometimes I wonder how you guys think. People buy Apple products, they are iSheeps. Is it that other brands don't have loyalists? What's with the iSheep thingy? Seriously, I am sorry to say but this is really meaningless and oozing stupidity from people who tag Apple loyalists (which obviously every brand has) iSheeps. Jeez!

There are different reasons people buy or become loyal to a particular brand. Imagine you have a Mac, the best option that would be available to you would be to go for an iPhone. As the seamless transition would call for a better experience. It follows in other areas too. It boils down to your needs, don't you think?

And to educate you, Apple's iPhone is trumping Sammy's devices in most countries, especially the US and Europe where the so-called local Chinese brands hold no ground whatsoever. So that nullifies your argument as regards Apple trumping them in sales. And beside, why would they bring their event prior to an iPhone release? Why not prior to the so-called Chinese brands? That's because the iPhone is its competition and not even other top Android OEMs and certainly not the so-called Chinese brands.

I know Motorola came up with a device in 2011 with fingerprint which was an obvious failure. If it wasn't, why didn't they continue? I guess you never saw this coming. Apple is the first to implement fingerprint tech to work perfectly (although you know nothing can be perfectly perfect, so don't quote me on that).

Just let it go bruv... The only thing you typed above that I won't contradict or that is objective is the screen size.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
I like the way you presented your argument, unlike my other friend. I have nothing personal against Apple or anybody in this forum. But I just want the truth to be told the way it is. ANDROID IS GOOD and IOS IS GOOD. JUST CHOOSE WHAT YOU LIKE AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN OUR DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA THAN DEBATING ABOUT ANOTHER COUNTRY'S INGENUITY.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Bros... God go cool down (Him no go hurry at all) bless you. But remember what spurned this argument? Your fellow Android brothers (and my brothers too cause I use Android too. lol) started with the bashing. If they had not, no one would be here arguing over nothing.

Anywayz, like you stated, there is no point arguing over this incessantly. I unfollowed the thread at a point, but got back when I was quoted.

Like some people ignorantly tag Apple loyalists iSheeps. Meanwhile, everyone goes for the devices that meet their needs. Why can't they just understand it this way rather bashing Apple loyalists (which every brand has).

God bless us jare.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kessleek: The last time i checked apple was market share too, though they are making the "better" devices...
I don't get what you mean by this... Can you please rephrase?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
DaGC: Broda @Dmcdad, I do get your point, although its obvious you like the iPhone more. Makes me surprised that you are using a Note II cause that money could have gotten you a 4s or a 5 sef.

Apple sure has an advantage because the OS belongs to them, so whatever phone they produce, they maximise it to work at optimal performance with their OS hence the integration. Unline google that doesn't make their own phones. The Nexus line are the smoothest offerings on android because they run 'pure andriod' but even google outsource them to other OEMs. I'm sure if produced their own phones they might have optimised it to work at optimal levels with their OS. I kinda like what Microsoft is doing with Windows phone at the moment, although other OEMs are also offering Windows phone too, so the best really would have to be the Nokia Lumia line ups because they belong to Microsoft. I've see the fluidity of a single core Windows phone and I was amazed.
None is perfect though. Apple lacks customisations, true multitasking, its a hackers delight hence data aint usually safe with them etc, Andriod requires more resources, prone to viruses, windows phone doesn't offer much with apps, and despite the GPU on the phone, it tends to have the final say on graphics quality on its games, you can't really tweak it etc.
Wasn't impressed with you supporting the claim that HTC's ultrapixels beat Sammy's megapixels in picture quality though. That was a real doozy. The iPhone might still be stuck on 8MPs for the 4th phone running, but it can sure take a quality photo, but even so, it won't blow the S4 or the S5 away so easily as you implied. It might even lose in some situations. But you were right in saying that the only phones that could top its quality easily are the top end Lumia phones.
FYI, HTC and Sony should be ashamed of their cameras especially Sony. Such nice designs with solid build quality should also a nice user experience to go with it.

Sorry, the post got long. I didn't mean to ramble much. Back to watching our 'super houseflies'.
Well said... Even though I would have loved to straighten up some few loose ends in your post, yet I would let it go at least for the most part I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
nnenneigbo:

I never begrudge anyone what they can afford and want to buy and enjoy. It's called personal choice. I'll never buy a Samsung and would never dictate to anyone else no to buy it as well.

Personally the smoothness of the iphone is what i've loved since day one, having taught my old folks how to use Facetime and being able to use imessage freely with them, i'm not above switch. I'm definitely getting the iphone 6 on release day as i'm stuck on 5 currently, but feel to buy me the latest samsung too.

Same reason i prefer BMW to ford, regardless of the spec, i love the way it drives. Is that a crime?
hmmm!
Nne your head is there jare... Carry on. Whatever rocks your boat. These guys won't understand that.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Fweshdude(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:

ωhεη ı p◘αγεd †hε GTAV ση †hε p◘αγ s†α†ıση3 cσηsσ◘ε ı ωαs ◘ıκε ́ωhα† †hε... Is †hıs α mσνıε?`

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nsonaso(m): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

They both run Android, right? They all have Cameras, screens et al, right?

So it's fair game for you to lambast another user for focusing on things the iPhone 6 does better than the 5S, yet you're happy to tout the improvements the Infinix Zero has over a cheaper, older Tecno?

I love pointing out inconsistencies to half-wits like you. I like to think I'm contributing to your education.
[b]
Dude.. You can check the first page of the thread, am the 11th person to comment...... And I don't know what you're driving at.... But I just cleared you the fact that the features that you're taking about is in iPhone 5s and iOS8 already so it's not a new feature...

And believe me if it's about this blind argument that you people use to flood the thread... Am not interested in it...

My only concern is the design.... Am not interested in the RAM or processor increase

Because it's very plan but it's sad that people fail to see it...
Apple iPhones doesn't need 2GB RAM+ or Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor (cos it's a waste) just to
1. Make calls and send occasional SMS and Email
2. Play Games
3. Take pictures and videos
4. Type some documents that never leave the device
5. Play music and video
6. Change wallpapers
7. Finish

Men 2GB RAM+ with a Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor is going to be a really waste here cos 512MB RAM with Single-Core processor can do the job fine...

But with a 1GB RAM and Dual-Core processor, men the job will be done perfectly OK

Think of Apple MacBook Pro that have tasks to perform
With 16BG RAM, 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz. Men that is machine for you...

Android is built with a PC architecture and that is why Android requires more RAM and more processor just like PC, Android is more than iOS and that is why it devices uses more RAM and Processors than iOS devices... Did you get it?
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

5 Phone Design That Will Leave You Speechless / How To Program Mtn Sim Cards To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls. / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.