Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:03 AM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33811 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by BlackBaron: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decale:

I know people who had used iPhones for years without a dent. Not that they're careful or anything but the phone is more durable than most other oems

Can't say the same for the Samsung users out there. Even my s4 cracked after 8months of usage before selling for the Oneplus

That Sir, is conjecture.
I also know quite a number of people with broken/cracked iphone screens...But I stopped short of calling iphone 'fragile'
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Have you seen any comparisons between the A8 and the Snapdragon 805? No? Then you just pulled that out of your backside
I laughed when I saw that post of his... Something that was announced yesterday and not even released yet, someone is already claiming that it blows the iPhone 6 away. You see? That's what we have been saying. It's obvious his misjudgement was as a result of the specs on paper. Wrong!

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Femistico: this is crap mehn...for God sake dis is 2014..1 gig ram, cpu 1.4ghz dual core wen even tecno dey use quad core, 8mp for camera no memory card slot..hmmmm reserve my comment
No mem card slot? For Christ sake they offer a 128gb version. Jeez! FYI, my buddy uses one of the latest Technos with 13MP rear camera, and honestly, I'd rather use an iPhone 3GS to take shots than make use of that Techno. So, it ain't about the specs on paper bro. I guess you don't know that. All you care about is to see a spec of 20MP rear camera and at the end of the day it takes shiity photos.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Why would I take a less powerful Galaxy S5 over an iPhone 6?

(Ignore the fact that I already have an S5)

The iPhone 6 likely has a more powerful CPU and most definitely a much more powerful GPU with improved low level driver support so games will always look better on the iPhone 6.

You really have no clue. You just compare two numbers and pick the higher one as more powerful. cheesy
He's a noob. Imagine playing a game on a phone that gives console quality graphics. Did you see the game that was demoed? Mehn! You will appreciate Metal and the power of the A8.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
timpaker: Like seriously, a RAM of 1GB when the Samsung galaxy S5 boast of 2GB RAM...
I will only have the Iphone 6 on one condition, that it would be given to me for free and I won't say "thank you". angry

Your Samsung 'boasts' 2GB RAM because it absolutely needs it

The iPhone can easily get by with 1GB RAM because the OS is designed to be efficient...at least much more efficient than Android at memory management.

Still, with that 1GB RAM, iOS manages to run smoother and much less laggy than Android...and certainly much smoother than your S5. In fact, you shouldn't even be talking since you own the crappy Nigerian variant of the S5 with it's rubbish Exynos SoC. I had the good sense to pick up the Qualcomm version which is much less laggy.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
candygosh:

I soon love this. It's an overpriced piece of crap. Will wait patiently and sell my 16MP Samsung S5 once I see a phone that beats it.

Lol at the isheep
And you think your S5 can take a better photo because of its higher MPs? Well, I won't count it against you. I will just take it that you are one of the ignorant ones (no offence) who don't know the difference between the pixel count in a phone and the pixel size. So, FYI having a phone with more MPs (megapixels ) doesn't translate to better quality images. If you doubt me ask those who make use of the Z2 or so that spots about 20MPs. If you are still rasing doubts, you should check on your Techno brothers that have devices spotting 13MPs, they will tell you that their phones take worse images than Nokias of those days (eg e72, n95 etc).

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackBaron:
That Sir, is conjecture.
I also know quite a number of people with broken/cracked iphone screens...But I stopped short of calling iphone 'fragile'
Please there should be no debate about this. Take Sammy for example, almost everyone that I have seen using the S3, Note II, III, S4 and so on have broken screens. Are they all not being careful or what? My friend's S3 that dropped on his rug was shattered. I use a Note II and the screen has a line.

So don't talk about durability. I have used lots of iPhones and I have people using iPhones till date, and I am yet to see anyone with a broken screen. Of course it's possible but that would tell you the difference in how durable both are.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:
No, it's the same sensor and same lens.

Except Apple's Phil Schiller clearly says it's an 'all new sensor'

Faster focus means less blurry shots in shorter time

Better image processing with more features

And an all-new Image Signal Processor to process captured photons into sharper pictures with less noise

Seun:
The only reason for better low life performance is the OIS which is only in the iPhone Plus.

Not exactly correct. The Galaxy S5 had better low light performance than the S4 even without OIS.

Seun:
I feel that if the difference was clear they would have demonstrated it.

You mean like the picture samples they showed during their Keynote on the massive screens?

Of course, 'Camera' doesn't only mean the rear camera, not in a world these days where Selfies are becoming incredibly popular. And the Front facing cameras on the iPhone have been improved too.

After posting all these pictures, it would be incredibly ironic if the spambot banned me while i was discussing with you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nsonaso(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna:

I think the iPhone 6 is a good phone and ahead of its peers.

iPhone 6 has a health feature that can tell you how many calories you burn in a day,if you climb stairs it will note that as am exercise and advise you on how to move,stand,exercise for most of the day to enable you achieve optimism fitness.

It has a fingerprint reader.

It has Siri that can read your emails,tell you your location and so many other things.

It s going to be linked with the upcoming I watch which can also track how many minutes you ve spent in a day standing.it monitors your movement.

Taps you when you have a phone call

Allows you to tap other apple watch users.
Or draw signs such as heart shapes and send to them
It has a gold edition and has different styles and different faces

You can make a slow motion video

iPhone 5s have the same features.... So stop blabbing about iPhone 6
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nsonaso:

iPhone 5s have the same features.... So stop blabbing about iPhone 6

When you opened that thread gushing about the Infinix Zero, you didn't realize it had the same features as a 12k tecno phone?

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decale:

Best record in durability and drop test? Lmao...
Do me one favour, stop following reviews like your life depend on it and get these phones trying them out....

In my 2* years of life, I've only seen two shattered iPhones but the number of Samsung phones wey their screen don break fit give man ebola
We can claim anything on the internet I guess?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackBaron:
That Sir, is conjecture.
Do you think he will believe you? He's in love with Apple or probably iPhone, and as far as he is concerned iPhone is the best thing made by man so far in this world.
To each their own I guess.

SENT FROM MY GIONEE SMARTPHONE.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Skmoda360(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
How much is this phone in naira?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by DaGC(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
oga @Dmcdad, abeg take am easy. No be quarrel. The way you dey yarn ehn, e just be like say you and android get serious beef. Abeg calm down, no be fight. grin
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by coogar: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
Skmoda360: How much is this phone in naira?

£789 - the high end version.
iphone 6 plus(128GB)
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
DaGC: oga @Dmcdad, abeg take am easy. No be quarrel. The way you dey yarn ehn, e just be like say you and android get serious beef. Abeg calm down, no be fight. grin
Bros no vex abeg... No hard feelings. I dey use Android like this, infact I dey make this post from my Note II.

The thing just be say, every OS and every OEMs get their own advantages and otherwise. But the way people dey take tackle Apple ehn, e dey somewhat unreasonable.

But anyhow sha, if I don in any way take this personal, make una forgive me. cheesy Just airing my own view as regards the matter on ground. No offence intended.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: you do not seem to understand my point. China has no ability to design/engineer an "Apple or Samsung" quality smart phone. Tecno is a decent effort but is no were near Apple or Samsung. Engineering/design is where the brains is. Manufacturing is challenging but has simply been outsourced to China merely for economics. Hope you can appreciate my point on that?
In addition, the OS (IOS and Android) were all developed in the US mainly. All phones become glorified paper weights without a quality OS.
An Iphone is a great phone. That said, I don't think that having a good phone (or any other electronic device) is "making a statement". I believe that virtues like intelligence, knowledge, character, personality is a better way of making a statement.
Remember, just because Innosun assembles a Chinese vehicle in Nigeria that does not mean that vehicle was "designed/engineered" in Nigeria.
Speaking of gimmicks, you seem to be employing deviating gimmicks. Remember we are debating your original post that the Tecno
Phone is better than the Iphone :-
https://www.nairaland.com/1895323/apple-unveils-4.7-inch-iphone-6#26163047

Get your facts right dude, I never said Techno is better than an iPhone or vice versa (they all have their good points) rather i initially quoted you because you tend to see a "Chinese" manufactured product in bad taste forgetting the iPhone falls into same category.

Saying China can't design/engineer a quality device is just a stereotype and disrespectful to the Chinese, am sure even the Americans you see as almighty in the tech industry will be laughing at you right now. World renowned Chinese tech brands include Lenovo, Xiaomi, Huawei, Haier, Hisense, ZTE etc (feel free to google their profiles) All these have first grade devices that can compete with other top brands like Sony, Apple and Samsung not just in the mobile market. You talk as though all they do is produce outsourced materials, FYI non mentioned above does that.
Don't let your love for Apple becloud your judgement to the point of trying to contradict the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
No mem card slot? For Christ sake they offer a 128gb version. Jeez! FYI, my buddy uses one of the latest Technos with 13MP rear camera, and honestly, I'd rather use an iPhone 3GS to take shots than make use of that Techno. So, it ain't about the specs on paper bro. I guess you don't know that. All you care about is to see a spec of 20MP rear camera and at the end of the day it takes shiity photos.

Memory slot is becoming out dated due to cloud computing.
All you need is an apple I.D, and all your files are saved on cloud and accessible from all your idevices.
Android offers a whole lot of cloud apps, Dropbox, Google drive etc.
But again the integration on Apple is next to none.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Get your facts right dude, I never said Techno is better than an iPhone or vice versa (they all have their good points) rather i initially quoted you because you tend to see a "Chinese" manufactured product in bad taste forgetting the iPhone falls into same category.

Saying China can't design/engineer a quality device is just a stereotype and disrespectful to the Chinese, am sure even the Americans you see as almighty in the tech industry will be laughing at you right now. World renowned Chinese tech brands include Lenovo, Xiaomi, Huawei, Haier, Hisense, ZTE etc (feel free to google their profiles) All these have first grade devices that can compete with other top brands like Sony, Apple and Samsung not just in the mobile market. You talk as though all they do is produce outsourced materials, FYI non mentioned above does that.
Don't let your love for Apple becloud your judgement to the point of trying to contradict the truth.

Putting Tecno in the same sentence or class as ZTE, Hisense, Huawei, Xiaomi or Oppo is just plain insulting to the rest of them.

The only thing Techno has ever innovated on is the pricing...and they were even selling at a markup sef.

Not sure why Nigerians have this weird love for Tecno. They've fulfilled their purpose by helping many Nigerians get in on the smartphone game at an affordable price. But when i see people using nearly 60K to pick up a Tecno Phone, I'm left flabbergasted.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by coogar: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Putting Tecno in the same sentence or class as ZTE, Hisense, Huawei, Xiaomi or Oppo is just plain insulting to the rest of them.

The only thing Techno has ever innovated on is the pricing...and they were even selling at a markup sef.

Not sure why Nigerians have this weird love for Tecno. They've fulfilled their purpose by helping many Nigerians get in on the smartphone game at an affordable price. But when i see people using nearly 60K to pick up a Tecno Phone, I'm left flabbergasted.

nigerians love cheap things!
to be fair though, the slow 3G/4G & wifi make an iPhone half-useless in nigeria. 80% of the features are unusable if the speed of the internet is slow......this makes tecnos & other cheap phones more popular with nigerians.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Maybe you have temporary memory loss. Allow me to repost what you said in the first page of this thread :
"TECNO Phantom Z over this crap!!"
Those were your words and I was responding to that. If you think your Chinese phone is better than the Iphone that's your view. The experts would certainly think otherwise, there are many reputable websites you can go and read reviews.
Lenovo only became a significant global brand name in PC technology when they acquired IBM's Thinkpad series .... again, using their cheaper manufacturing facility.
All the other brands you mentioned are popular in 3rd world countries due to their affordable costs. They are acceptable in quality but are certainly not in the same league as the Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC etc.
If you look up any decent gadget review site you will be able to see the same.
You be happy with your tecno phone, I know I am happy with my IPhone. No wahala bro wink
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by jakeharris(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
This iphone 6 try jere people just de criticize am coz de dont have the cash to buy it....its igb but am sure it still process faster than the overhyped piece of junk called s5...you all complaing its 8mp when it comes out.... compare its camera to that of the s5 it could be the same....God bless my hustle make i see this phone buy

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Ryabcool(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
sexyseun: No smart pause, No Air gestures, No wireless charging, in 2014 Apple is talking about 1Gb RAM? Can someone plz wake me up? I use to own an iphone 4s and i can tell you that the camera is so so wack(most especially when taking night pix) just becox its an American company that's why the hype is still there. phone users, this phone has got NO new features
4s is a walking disaster. I used it too and i was asking God why i wasted 80k on that junk. The 3G suddenly vanished for no reason. Plus it took ages before it could finally show network. Need i even talk about the fragility? The phone didn't spend upto 6months with me before i disposed it. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by timpaker(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Your Samsung 'boasts' 2GB RAM because it absolutely needs it

The iPhone can easily get by with 1GB RAM because the OS is designed to be efficient...at least much more efficient than Android at memory management.

Still, with that 1GB RAM, iOS manages to run smoother and much less laggy than Android...and certainly much smoother than your S5. In fact, you shouldn't even be talking since you own the crappy Nigerian variant of the S5 with it's rubbish Exynos SoC. I had the good sense to pick up the Qualcomm version which is much less laggy.

#NoHatingBro. I didn't buy or order mine from Nigeria. tongue
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire:

Maybe you have temporary memory loss. Allow me to repost what you said in the first page of this thread :
"TECNO Phantom Z over this crap!!"
Those were your words and I was responding to that. If you think your Chinese phone is better than the Iphone that's your view. The experts would certainly think otherwise, there are many reputable websites you can go and read reviews.
Lenovo only became a significant global brand name in PC technology when they acquired IBM's Thinkpad series .... again, using their cheaper manufacturing facility.
All the other brands you mentioned are popular in 3rd world countries due to their affordable costs. They are acceptable in quality but are certainly not in the same league as the Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC etc.
If you look up any decent gadget review site you will be able to see the same.
You be happy with your tecno phone, I know I am happy with my IPhone. No wahala bro wink
And by "the same league" you mean.........?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by DaGC(m): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Bros no vex abeg... No hard feelings. I dey use Android like this, infact I dey make this post from my Note II.

The thing just be say, every OS and every OEMs get their own advantages and otherwise. But the way people dey take tackle Apple ehn, e dey somewhat unreasonable.

But anyhow sha, if I don in any way take this personal, make una forgive me. cheesy Just airing my own view as regards the matter on ground. No offence intended.

Nothing to forgive bruv, you were just sharing your opinion. I just fear say your blood just dey too hot against android like wetin wan explode. I no even know say na android you sef dey use. The way you take yarn ehn, person for feel say you be staunch iPhone user o.

I was just glad you said the truth about no OS being perfect. They all have their benefits and shortcomings.

But the way you hype the iPhone ehn, I con dey fear say even if Apple put VGA camera for any iPhone, you go still talk say e beat the best wey andriod get.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy:

Memory slot is becoming out dated due to cloud computing.
All you need is an apple I.D, and all your files are saved on cloud and accessible from all your idevices.
Android offers a whole lot of cloud apps, Dropbox, Google drive etc.
But again the integration on Apple is next to none.

You are right... I have 50GB cloud storage on my Dropbox. Not to mention my 5GB on my iCloud account too. All my photos and some of my very important files are mostly stored in the cloud and some in my device. And it makes me not worry much about loosing anything should something happen.

As for software and hardware integration, there is no competition.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
And by "the same league" you mean.........?
Build quality
Capability
There are many metrics, look up cnet, phonearena, Engadget etc for details.
Have a good one.
I'm going to be busy praying for super eagles / bafana game, so please no more distractions wink
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad: .....As for software and hardware integration, there is no competition.
100% on point .... I used to hate iPhones before, till I got one and just came to appreciate how well integrated their OS software, firmware and hardware is. They do charge a huge premium though for their product (that's just them being opportunistic anyway).
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by iyke56(m): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Apple said.. Samsung we're coming out with 2 Phones! iPhone 6 for Our Customers and iPhone 6 Plus for YOUR Customers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
DaGC:

Nothing to forgive bruv, you were just sharing your opinion. I just fear say your blood just dey too hot against android like wetin wan explode. I no even know say na android you sef dey use. The way you take yarn ehn, person for feel say you be staunch iPhone user o.

I was just glad you said the truth about no OS being perfect. They all have their benefits and shortcomings.

But the way you hype the iPhone ehn, I con dey fear say even if Apple put VGA camera for any iPhone, you go still talk say e beat the best wey andriod get.
He he he he he he. Abeg just try check on all my posts on this thread. Alot of people are favouring specs on paper over real world experience. Wetin you want make I do? I need clear their doubts say no be so oooooo. The fact say you dey use a Samsung phone with Octa core or Quad core or whatever the case may be, no be guarantee say e go translate to better speed in the real world compared to person wey dey use ordinary dual-core. Alot of factors come to play than just the specs.

Like I stated in one of my posts, shibi Sammy dey always yarb Apple in their adverts, why them never do advert to yarb Apple as regards say them dey run Octa core for their devices while Apple dey run dual-core? Because they know say for rela life experience e no be like that. You don gwt my point? If we do a generational comparisons between them you will discover say Apple beat them in every generation. That is SIII for iPhone 5, S4 for iPhone 5S and so on. That is talking about browsing speed and general fluidity around the OS. And in all these generations, Sammy dey always come out with better specs.

I no know if you get my point.

Moreover, Apple no dey pay me neither Sammy. I just try to dey as objective as possible. But obviously I love Apple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Phone Design That Will Leave You Speechless / How To Program Mtn Sim Cards To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls. / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.