Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:40 AM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33807 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by azpekuliar: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete: There's something hilarious about people going

Only a true sheep would believe the SoC's power is directly related to the number of cores...and that the megapixel count is an accurate reflection of camera prowess.

If you think your 20MP Xperia Z has a better picture quality than a 16MP Canon DSLR from 2013, I've got a bridge to sell to you.

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decale:

An app launcher? and you said I should ask techies?

Get an iPhone 5s and galaxy s4, take pics and compare and stop yammering...
The gpu of iPhone 6 beats any competition out there maybe on par with the T760....
The soc beats any out there, it's battery management is a beauty on only 1440mAh, incredibly light, premium build, etc

Should I go on? sad
Like I said earlier, only TECHIES will understand what I mean.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by BlackBaron: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eh...actually the iphone 5s came last in a camera shootout between other flagships. (Z2,S5,H1, Lumia 1020,G3 and Oppo 5)
Sony needs to up their software side too;came second last

The same sensor and all are reused in the iphone 6.
So until actual pictures pop up, no one should already start posturing the Z3 is inferior to the iphone 6's camera.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

You are right... But most of those social networking sites and/or apps are worldwide. Facebook is used here in Nigeria as much as any other place.

I know of course Windows 8.1 is great. They lack apps and that is the problem. And what are these devices with great apps to run on them? But no matter how optimised Android L is, it can never be as smooth as iOS. Fact! And I also understand that these OEMs especially Sammy fill theirs with too much bloatwares. Infact, all Sammy's proprietary apps on my Note II aren't present except for a few like contacts, messages and some others.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by StreamerBlogger: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
I don't know bout beat cos currently i would rank 6th behind Htc,sammy,sony,xiomi,oneplusone.
dmcdad:
Yoi should also note that specs don't always translate to real world experience. The S4 even with its 13MP can't stand alongside the iPhone 5 when taking pictures. What then do we want? Spec on paper or the real world? I would gp with the latter any day.

But I must admit, they are dragging in alot of areas and I hope they realise that. But they still manage as always to beat their competitors one way or the other. Wouldn't you agree?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

At the bolded
1: Android has being doing that with Google Wallet
2: What did they revolutionise with the smart watch. Tell me one thing the iWatch can do that an android wear wouldn't do and even do more. Theirs is even fugly
3: I agree with you
4: Its all Gimmick. 64bit architecture needs minimum of 4GB ram which apple has always failed to implement in their idevices
Dang! I give up! You guys will never stop comparing Android to iPhones rather than Android-iOS and iPhones and/or whatever OEM using Android. If you wanna argue OEMs, better! And if OSs, great! Not taking Android against the iPhone. The iPhone is a single line of product, while Android is an OS that is incorporated by different OEMs.

Abeg I rest my case jare.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by caukerzee(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: What android phone can tell you how many stairs you climbed or how long you sat down in a day. Or recommend how many hours of work out that you need to do. C'mon lets be honest.
Samsung galaxy S4, note 2, note 3, S5, note 4, note edge. With the S health app since 2012.

Or have an assistant like Siri that can read your mails,laugh with you,tell you about the weather.
All android phones, with the Google Now voice assistant.

Or have an accessory like the I watch that you can leave at home.yet still be able to use with your iPhone. No distance limit.
Numerous android phones. Notably Samsung with the gear smart watch series.

Or have sapphire glass as surface that is the second hardest substance after diamond.
The iPhone now uses gorilla glass. What android flagships have been using since 2011.

Or has the ability to create slow motion videos and time lapse videos.
Virtually all android flagships, Starting with the note 3, shoot slow motion videos.

iFans, WELCOME TO 2014!!!! We are no longer in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
StreamerBlogger: I don't know bout beat cos currently i would rank 6th behind Htc,sammy,sony,xiomi,oneplusone.
And how many devices have they sold with HTC One M8? How about Sony Z3? Even the almighty Sammy has lost it for the past 3 quarters. What then are we talking about? Since the S5 came out, the iPhone 5s has been trumping it in sales. That is very unlikely. At least it was supposed to hold the number one position for a while pending the release of the next iPhone (6) but it didn't. Most of the features Sammy incorporates in their devices are just redundant gimmicks. I use a Sammy product, so I have the experience.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Specs are 2012?
I'm willing to bet the iPhone 6 will be the most powerful mobile phone in the world when it shows up in stores next week.

If anything, some of you are the ignorant sheep. I bet you think a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 is faster than a 2.3 Ghz Core i7 from 2014. To be honest, I think more Android fanboys are far bigger sheep smiley

Note 4 and LG G3(korean version) blows it away and yes nextweek we shall know :d
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by caukerzee(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah... I accept the fact that they are dragging when it comes to incorporating certain things in their devices. But come to think of it, they only go into something when they feel it would be ultimately needed. Take NFC for example, how many of the competitors have been able to do something tremendous with it? Aside normal payments which passbook could do and/or other sharing, they have not been able to do something significant with it. But Apple arrived the party late, but with a purpose. To make it completely usable and by integrating it in Apple Pay. Take another example, the Apple Watch. Sammy released their 5th or 6th alongside the Note 4. And as usual, Apple arrived late to the party, but they have revolutionised the smart watch industry with just their first offering. Something the likes of Sammy couldn't do even with their 5th or 6th offering. So, I have discovered one thing with Apple, if we can't perfect it, then it's better we don't do it. Simple! They don't rush because of the competition, they take their time to make it right. Imagine that Apple came out with Touch ID, and in Samsung's next offering (S5) they did same. Apple's Touch ID smokes theirs hands-down. Remember what they said when Apple introduced the A7 SoC with a 64bit desktop-class architecture? They all said it was a marketing gimmick. Today they are all incorporating it in ther devices.

Yet, I still think they can do better than what they are doing now.
You keep talking about revolution. But you cannot explain how the revolution occurred. These devices haven't hit the shelves yet, there's been no experience and reviews from users from the people and you're talking about dirty revolution??
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dabigjoe6(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
sushieater:

Nne Nne, you completely miss the point. It's not about Someone forcing me to buy it or not. I bet you're one of the people That thinks that buying that $139 million dollar house on front page today doesn't make all that sense. There's something we call "Criticism" which you have clearly forgotten about.

Spec wise, this phone is just meh. 8MP camera, Dual-core 1400Mhz processor, 1GB RAM, 1800mAh battery in 2014?? Those specifications are so 2012. I guess the Samsung Galaxy SIII is the new Apple IPhone 6.

Wanted to call you an Isheep but ... grin
I don't see the big difference between this phone and Innjoo i2(20k)
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Dang! I give up! You guys will never stop comparing Android to iPhones rather than Android-iOS and iPhones and/or whatever OEM using Android. If you wanna argue OEMs, better! And if OSs, great! Not taking Android against the iPhone. The iPhone is a single line of product, while Android is an OS that is incorporated by different OEMs.

Thats the way it is. If you are to compare Mac to PC(wouldn't it be the most common brands)?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
The iPhone camera was not improved on the iPhone 6. It's the same camera as the one on the iPhone 5s. But the iPhone 6 Plus has OIS now.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by StreamerBlogger: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
M not so current wen i comes to sales....but i know dat in 21st century dey don't judge products according to sales.Blackberry in Nigeria should b an example. I personally judge in terms of performance.
dmcdad:
And how many devices have they sold with HTC One M8? How about Sony Z3? Even the almighty Sammy has lost it for the past 3 quarters. What then are we talking about? Since the S5 came out, the iPhone 5s has been trumping it in sales. That is very unlikely. At least it was supposed to hold the number one position for a while pending the release of the next iPhone (6) but it didn't. Most of the features Sammy incorporates in their devices are just redundant gimmicks. I use a Sammy product, so I have the experience.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decale:

Nvidia? Wouldn't trust that soc for anything...
Nvidia made unsatisfactory SOCs in the past, but Tegra K1 is worth a try. Not on a smartphone BTW because the heat will be too much. It's best use should be on tablets. But the Desktop class Kepler gpu it came with is in a class of it's own.
Not even the PowerVR: GX6650(hexacore) gpu in iPhone 6 comes close to this behemoth.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Atmmachine(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
nymphomaniac: when a phone is bought on contract in the US, it is locked to a network, u pay less at first and start paying small installments monthly, usually from your salary. It is less expensive than factory unlocked phones, though you won't be able to use it outside d states. Sometimes, it could be more expensive, but d price spread over a period

So,the contract phone cannot be used outside the U.S ??

What if i factory unlock it after buying the cntract phone
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by yungchop: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: The iPhone camera was not improved on the iPhone 6. It's the same camera as the one on the iPhone 5s. But the iPhone 6 Plus has OIS now.
please what is OIS and what does it do?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by chidooh1: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Apple missed it this time around
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: The iPhone camera was not improved on the iPhone 6. It's the same camera as the one on the iPhone 5s. But the iPhone 6 Plus has OIS now.

The same OIS that has being in old Android flagships.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Of course the 5S has a better design. But if it had a 4.7" screen and the specs of the 6, it wouldn't be a 5S anymore.

I think Apple's lost the plot with the iPhone, though. The Home button is now a trap for them, a millstone around their necks. They'll never be able to get rid of those huge bezels and their famed leadership in design may soon come to an end.

Exactly my thought when I saw the phone. The home button is just too big and those bezels made the phone ugly. VERY UGLY.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
StreamerBlogger: M not so current wen i comes to sales....but i know dat in 21st century dey don't judge products according to sales.Blackberry in Nigeria should b an example. I personally judge in terms of performance.
Then what makes it 6th in terms of performance? Because your judgement seems to be from spec and not performance.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
caukerzee: You keep talking about revolution. But you cannot explain how the revolution occurred. These devices haven't hit the shelves yet, there's been no experience and reviews from users from the people and you're talking about dirty revolution??
Ohh! The people hating, why do they not wait for it to hit the shelves and for people to have a hands-on before criticising this or that. I guess your biased mind would tell you that too.

FYI, I use a Sammy phone. Let's wait and see. Let's leave the hype, and haters should also leave the hating for now.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nwimo22(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Girls oya enter markt wit your bodies to make sure that the fone is here in 9jeria.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: What android phone can tell you how many stairs you climbed or how long you sat down in a day. Or recommend how many hours of work out that you need to do. C'mon lets be honest.
Dude there are tons upon tons of fitness app on the playstore that even offer more functionality than the one on this iphone. And some devices do come with inbuilt fitness apps, so this is noting new or mindblowing.
Or have an assistant like Siri that can read your mails,laugh with you,tell you about the weather.

I dont need a phone that will laugh with me, i have friends that i can joke around with (my opinion). And yes android have its own virtual assistant that can do those shitty stuffs, plus other virtual assistant that some oems put on their phones.
Or have an accessory like the I watch that you can leave at home.yet still be able to use with your iPhone. No distance limit.

Or have sapphire glass as surface that is the second hardest substance after diamond.
So what stop the hype about sapphire glass, that glass that was shattered when it was hit by an arrow.
Or has the ability to create slow motion videos and time lapse videos.

slow motion video is already old story.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna:

Stand. Apple Watch senses when you stand up and gives you credit when you do. So you can minimize your sedentary time throughout the day. If you’ve been sitting too long, it reminds you to get up. You close the Stand ring when you’ve stood for at least one minute in 12 different hours during the day.

Music. Control the music on your iPhone without taking it out of your pocket. And when you leave iPhone at home to go for a jog, listen to music directly on Apple Watch.

Stopwatch. Apple Watch presents this popular watch function in digital, analog, or hybrid view. It can even show you a real-time average of your lap times on a graph — something you won’t find on other watches.

World Clock. Doing business in another time zone? Calling a friend overseas? Check the time in different cities around the globe with one quick look.

Siri. Dictate a message, ask to view your next event, find the nearest coffee shop, and more. Siri is closer than ever with Apple Watch.

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THIS ISH MOST PEEPS WONT EVEN USE THE FITNESS APP. MY FRIEND THAT IS USING GALAXY S5 SINCE JULY USE HIS FITNESS APP JUST ONE AND THAT WAS DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF HIM OWNING IT YET HE EXCERCISES REGULARLY. YOU DONT NEED A SMARTPHONE TO COMMEND YOU FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO EXCERCISE. AND THE REST...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

I bet you didn't know that it's the same Chinese dude that makes the iPhone too
that's the difference between an apple and tecno .... an apple is designed in USA and China is just the manufacturing base. Big difference. If you prefer tecno, that's your choice. Some people think Lada is a more or prestigious vehicle than a Mercedes
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:

On point.
The one wey dey vex me pass na samsung.
What the hell is Samsung?? The only android OEM producers doing a good job in hardware design, innovation and software integration are HTC and Sony.
We have seen features like camera ultra pixel and very cool interactive phone cases from HTC. Sony is doing good with water proof and PS4 play.

Samsung with there tasteless design, poor material finishing and fragility is there to pack processor, ram and 200 mega pixels just to sale phones because that is what people want to hear.
Then they incorporate allien features people have to no need for.
Samsung is on the same playing field with techno, and gionee. Glorified plastic then can't survive a simple drop from your hand.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy:

On point.
What the hell is Samsung?? The only android OEM producers doing a good job in hardware design, innovation and software integration are HTC and Sony.
We have seen features like camera ultra pixel and very cool interactive phone cases from HTC. Sony is doing good with water proof and PS4 play.

Samsung with there tasteless design, poor material finishing and fragility is there to pack processor, ram and 200 mega pixels just to sale phones because that is what people want to hear.
Samsung is on the same playing field with techno, and gionee. Glorified plastic then can't survive a simple drop from your hand.

God bless you jare.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Mollybobog1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
embarassedneed to dispose my tecno android into a river right now cos it sucks
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy:

On point.

You are wrong. HTC has the best design and integration is the Android world but their camera is sub par. Sony isn't doing a bad job with -proof and PS4 play while Samsung don't have good design language but has the best features. Yes Touchwiz lags but it packs more features than other OEM Skins. Samsung flagships survive more drop test than others.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
yungchop: please what is OIS and what does it do?
It moves the camera to compensate for the shaking of your hands, leading to clearer pictures in low light and less shaky videos.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: that's the difference between an apple and tecno .... an apple is designed in USA and China is just the manufacturing base. Big difference. If you prefer tecno, that's your choice. Some people think Lada is a more or prestigious vehicle than a Mercedes

Bottom line is both devices get rolled out of a factory in China so what's exactly your point?

It's dudes like you that think that using an iPhone is a statement. This is 2014 brov, peeps now see thru their marketing gimmicks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

5 Phone Design That Will Leave You Speechless / How To Program Mtn Sim Cards To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls. / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.