Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33731 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2014
matrixme:
someone finally gets it right! I think that pretty much sums up all our expectations from Apple. I was enthusiastically scrolling down the article to see the 'wow' features, but to my utter disappointment, not really much. Just a bunch of new hardware features that might just be unnecessary for the average users. parrticularly, I expected Apple to have perfected the holographic technology used in Star Wars for Christ's sake.
Guess Samsung was being prophetic when they used "The next big thing is already here" as a catchword in one of their Galaxy adverts, Lol.

The fact is they will still sell regardless and that's what their fans are called sheeps. There isn't any single wow factor in the phones. The specs are so 2012 and I can bet it that the yet to be released iOS8 will pack 80% of Android features.
Android L will eventually finish and eat it up. The design is from HTC one M8, Nokia Lumia 830. What's the function of a big screen without stylus or true multi tasking. It's dead on arrival but it will still sell.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: even the Chinese man that made the tecno phone is laughing at what you said

I bet you didn't know that it's the same Chinese dude that makes the iPhone too

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

loool...what a comeback. it's hilarious in here...You'll never truly leave nairaland...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by jahanara: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Mention:
Not too expensive
you kidding right? the phone is 900pounds
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by starlingbawa(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2014
Gadget freaks and those who believe so much in impressing the female folk, over to you!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Decale: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
S4 can't take better pictures than iPhone 5s, where did you get that from? As for the issue of smoothness, iPhone is smooth with such mediocre specs because IOS is not a true OS, it's simply an app launcher. IOS can't do TRUE multi-tasking.
Only TECHIES will understand what I mean.

An app launcher? and you said I should ask techies?

Get an iPhone 5s and galaxy s4, take pics and compare and stop yammering...
The gpu of iPhone 6 beats any competition out there maybe on par with the T760....
The soc beats any out there, it's battery management is a beauty on only 1440mAh, incredibly light, premium build, etc

Should I go on? sad
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: I think the iPhone 6 is a good phone and ahead of its peers.

iPhone 6 has a health feature that can tell you how many calories you burn in a day,if you climb stairs it will note that as am exercise and advise you on how to move,stand,exercise for most of the day to enable you achieve optimism fitness.

It has a fingerprint reader.

It has Siri that can read your emails,tell you your location and so many other things.

It s going to be linked with the upcoming I watch which can also track how many minutes you ve spent in a day standing.it monitors your movement.

Taps you when you have a phone call

Allows you to tap other apple watch users.
Or draw signs such as heart shapes and send to them
It has a gold edition and has different styles and different faces

You can make a slow motion video

You still haven't mentioned what it do that the 'other peers' can't do.
Imma tell you what others do that the iPhone 6 doesn't do
-wireless charging
-water resistance
-infrared remote control
-running multi apps on a split screen

Let's be honest it's overpriced with old tech

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 9:42am On Sep 10, 2014
Oh the iphone 6 is out, so the iphone 5 will be cheaper.... Now i can get the iphone 4.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Mistermamus(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

no mind am e no sabi tech. iPhone just a luxury phone n overhyped. Asian phones will soon push em aside very soon doze guys no get joy.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by PassingShot(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2014
spotit:

u need to take it easy with yo lying. the M8 spots a 4Up cam. ultrapixels, that is. and you haven't even touched it, shame.

You don't have to believe me. Do you? However, if you check GSM arena you'll find all the comparison there.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

The iPhone 6 is most certainly more powerful than the Z2.

See why clinging to paper specs isn't useful?

Like you have used the both side by side already.. Let's keep sentiments aside, deep down you wished it offered more in terms of specs

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by mistermahn(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Lol 2012

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2014
PassingShot:

You don't have to believe me. Do you? However, if you check GSM arena you'll find all the comparison there.

Dude, I'm talking going into the shop and having any of them phones in your palms to mess about for hours on end and getting out to comeback next day and do the same if you've got further questions. Or getting one for yourself and going to the park to try it, dipping it in water in your own bathtub, turning off the lights in your home at night to try it, and actually holding it for weeks just to find reason to take it back and have your cash to the dime.
...now what's gsm/phonearena compared to your live experience?

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by viruz007(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2014
sushieater:

Its not even $600-800, but Atleast $1000 off contract and all you get is an increase in screen size? This is really sad.

It's not a $1000.. 16G is $649 while 64G is $749 for the iPhone 6 while for the 6 Plus 16G is $749 while 64G is $849
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by eye2sabi(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: The iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce the apple pay system which allows you pay for items by just putting your finger on the home button which is a fingerprint reader. No need to bring out your debit or credit cards

iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce reachability which enables users of the phone to operate with one hand despite the increase in size. It enables them bring the apps closer to their finger by double tapping the home button.

bros why you carry this matter for head na?? abi apple dey pay you??

NB: iphone6 is not the first phone to introduce reachability, my LG D410 does this bro.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

The fact is they will still sell regardless and that's what their fans are called sheeps. There isn't any single wow factor in the phones. The specs are so 2012

Specs are 2012?
I'm willing to bet the iPhone 6 will be the most powerful mobile phone in the world when it shows up in stores next week.

If anything, some of you are the ignorant sheep. I bet you think a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 is faster than a 2.3 Ghz Core i7 from 2014. To be honest, I think more Android fanboys are far bigger sheep smiley

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by omoadeleye(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2014
finally am gonna trow my nokia 3310c away and get dx baby....ooohwuu come to daddy.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Like you have used the both side by side already.. Let's keep sentiments aside, deep down you wished it offered more in terms of specs

I don't need to have used them. Stop being ignorant. The Z3 uses a Snapdragon 801 chipset which isn't that more powerful than the A7 SoC in the iPhone 5S. The A8 in the iPhone 6 will most definitely stop all over it in benchmarks.

The real interesting comparison will be between the 805 in the Note 4 and this A8 Chipset.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2014
You have to understand that apples strategy is integration.
Apple tries to integrate there products with your everyday life activities that is what makes there product special.
It's not about packing spec.
When it comes to build quality I must say that HTC is the only android phone I really appreciate there design, the iPhone 6 actually looks a lot like the HTC one M8.
I don't use apple products because of there restrictions and high price, in fact I call them an elitist company, but then i do appreciate there products and if I have to buy the phone it means I have to buy the laptop too, because that is the only way you can enjoy the full potential of there products. (not in Naija away)

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by obiscolly(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2014
1800mAh?? grin how many seconds does the battery last for? This phone is wack. tongue #teamblackberry10..

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ckhelvin: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2014
You guys just don't get it do you...it's not about the spec on papers please understand the technology behind such first..how can u say al because a samsung device as 16mega pixel resolution necessarily means it has a better quality than apple which has 8MP buh don't forget samsung only used 1.1micro size of it's resolution compare to apple which uses 1.5micro size And aperture of f/2.2 on it's camera which makes and shoot quality pics much more than any samsung device..so fellas don't be deceived!..talkin about 1g ram on apple devices surpasses that of 4g ram found in samsung devices.,yea I said so ..for Christ sake apple has the smoothest operating system til dat..it's not bout the ram on a devices buh actually decodes the function coz apples 1g ram is accompany with M8 coprocessor ..android with its 4g ram lags like shiit and isn't smooth compare to apple idevices..leh me rest my case here coz their r more tinz to lecture u guys on..u need to understand the tech not just gimmickry features

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

I don't need to have used them. Stop being ignorant. The Z3 uses a Snapdragon 801 chipset which isn't that more powerful than the A7 SoC in the iPhone 5S. The A8 in the iPhone 6 will most definitely stop all over it in benchmarks.

The real interesting comparison will be between the 805 in the Note 4 and this A8 Chipset.

Can a benchmark result truly justify performance of a device when in real life scenarios we all use our
devices differently?

Least I forget it's the camera of the Z3 & iPhone 6 that has brought this argument

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Specs are 2012?
I'm willing to bet the iPhone 6 will be the most powerful mobile phone in the world when it shows up in stores next week.

If anything, some of you are the ignorant sheep. I bet you think a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 is faster than a 2.3 Ghz Core i7 from 2014. To be honest, I think more Android fanboys are far bigger sheep smiley

Exactly! And they fail to understand what it means to have a seamless hardware and software integration. That's the key, and not the specs on paper. Do they know why Microsoft actually purchased Nokia's mobile division? Because like Apple, they wanna have full control on the hardwares and softwares of their devices which would translate to better performance and usability. Not to mention that it would allow for a better OS optimisation to take advantage of the available hardwares.

These people are kids and know nothing about specs.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

You still haven't mentioned what it do that the 'other peers' can't do.
Imma tell you what others do that the iPhone 6 doesn't do
-wireless charging
-water resistance
-infrared remote control
-running multi apps on a split screen

Let's be honest it's overpriced with old tech

So you're quoting specs for quoting sake?

- Wireless charging: Neither the Galaxy S5 or Note 3 have wireless charging. Most Android phones do not have this built in. You can snag accessories for most flagship phones that supports wireless charging, the iPhone 6 is no exception

- Water resistance: Has never been a key feature in a phone. Nice to have, though

- IR remote control: Meaningless. Most TVs made since 2012 have Wifi inbuilt and dedicated apps in the App store for remote controls. Or you could easily pick up some 3rd party accessories if you're that desperate.

- running multi apps on a split screen: Fair point...but most people do not use this feature.

The funny thing is, you just dont just get it. 'Android' isn't a Phone. It's an OS. But you fanboys love to combine features from like 5 different phones, call it 'Android' and compare it against the iPhone.

- At least with the iPhone 6 you've got guaranteed updates to the latest firmware for at least 3 years. It's highly unlikely that the HTC One or Galaxy S3 will get an Android L update

- Smooth, consistent performance: iOS still has the smoothness from 2010 that Android has been chasing, first with 'Project Butter', then the lowered memory requirement on KitKat and now Android L

- Far better ecosystem for accessories.

- desktop integration for OSX users

- Compatibility with BOTH Apple and Google smartwatch devices.

- Best in class CPU and GPU specs.

You also avoid a significant amount of malware, inconsistent app performance, OEM skin related lagginess and you can be sure of getting some of the best apps first.

There are pros and cons to both sides. You could choose one side without damning the other.

Or you could be like me and rock both OSes. I currently use a Galaxy S5 and a 5S. Will upgrade to a Z3 (for PS4 remote play) and an iPhone 6. Win-Win cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy: You have to understand that apples strategy is integration.
Apple tries to integrate there products with your everyday life activities that is what makes there product special.
It's not about packing spec.
When it comes to build quality I must say that HTC is the only android phone I really appreciate there design, the iPhone 6 actually looks a lot like the HTC one M8.
I don't use apple products because of there restrictions and high price, in fact I call them an elitist company, but then i do appreciate there products and if I have to buy the phone it means I have to buy the laptop too, because that is the only way you can enjoy the full potential of there products. (not in Naija away)
Now this is what I call being objective. Nice one jare.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2014
ckhelvin: You guys just don't get it do you...it's not about the spec on papers please understand the technology behind such first..how can u say al because a samsung device as 16mega pixel resolution necessarily means it has a better quality than apple which has 8MP buh don't forget samsung only used 1.1micro size of it's resolution compare to apple which uses 1.5micro size And aperture of f/2.2 on it's camera which makes and shoot quality pics much more than any samsung device..so fellas don't be deceived!..talkin about 1g ram on apple devices surpasses that of 4g ram found in samsung devices.,yea I said so ..for Christ sake apple has the smoothest operating system til dat..it's not bout the ram on a devices buh actually decodes the function coz apples 1g ram is accompany with M8 coprocessor ..android with its 4g ram lags like shiit and isn't smooth compare to apple idevices..leh me rest my case here coz their r more tinz to lecture u guys on..u need to understand the tech not just gimmickry features
Gbam! These kids need to be lectured. I blame it on Sammy and the others who have made them to believe that what matters are the specs on paper rather than the real world.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by igbsam(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2014
The iPhone 6 and iPhone6 plus

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

So you're quoting specs for quoting sake?

- Wireless charging: Neither the Galaxy S5 or Note 3 have wireless charging. Most Android phones do not have this built in. You can snag accessories for most flagship phones that supports wireless charging, the iPhone 6 is no exception

- Water resistance: Has never been a key feature in a phone. Nice to have, though

- IR remote control: Meaningless. Most TVs made since 2012 have Wifi inbuilt and dedicated apps in the App store for remote controls. Or you could easily pick up some 3rd party accessories if you're that desperate.

- running multi apps on a split screen: Fair point...but most people do not use this feature.

The funny thing is, you just dont just get it. 'Android' isn't a Phone. It's an OS. But you fanboys love to combine features from like 5 different phones, call it 'Android' and compare it against the iPhone.

- At least with the iPhone 6 you've got guaranteed updates to the latest firmware for at least 3 years. It's highly unlikely that the HTC One or Galaxy S3 will get an Android L update

- Smooth, consistent performance: iOS still has the smoothness from 2010 that Android has been chasing, first with 'Project Butter', then the lowered memory requirement on KitKat and now Android L

- Far better ecosystem for accessories.

- desktop integration for OSX users

- Compatibility with BOTH Apple and Google smartwatch devices.

- Best in class CPU and GPU specs.

You also avoid a significant amount of malware, inconsistent app performance, OEM skin related lagginess and you can be sure of getting some of the best apps first.

There are pros and cons to both sides. You could choose one side without damning the other.

Or you could be like me and rock both OSes. I currently use a Galaxy S5 and a 5S. Will upgrade to a Z3 (for PS4 remote play) and an iPhone 6. Win-Win cheesy
Guy, one bottle of coke for you. cheesy

But seriously, you nailed it!

I laugh when people brag about these gimmicky features especially Sammy incorporates in their devices. Multi-window? God knows I have never used that feature since I have been using Sammy devices till date. It would be great to use it on a tablet, but on a phone or phablet device? Nah...

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ckhelvin: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Gbam! These kids need to be lectured. I blame it on Sammy and the others who have made them to believe that what matters are the specs on paper rather than the real world.
I don't blame them dou!!..dey jump to conclusions without really understanding the tech market..
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Aida13: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2014
Oh dear oh dear. Was waiting to see the iPhone surprise. Looks like I'll just chill for the Blackberry Passport instead; not buying this iSheep piece of cr*p that looks just like my iPod lmao. Holding out to see what the other phone giants bring out this September...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by BlackBaron: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2014
If only the Tegra K1 was available on smartphones rather than tablets alone...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2014
ckhelvin: I don't blame them dou!!..dey jump to conclusions without really understanding the tech market..
Exactly! Like I stated in one of my earlier posts, as much Sammy mock Apple with Apple's shortcomings, why haven't they done so about the speed or browsing test of the devices? Or for them to mock Apple for sticking to 1gb ram still? That's because they know better than these boys arguing what they nothing of. With Apple's seamless hardware and software integration, coupled with their OS optimisation, they are killing the market and the competitors know this. As successful as Sammy has been with Android, why did they create their own OS (Tizen)? That's because like Apple, they wanna have full control of both the hardwares and softwares and be able to optimise their OS to beter suit their hardwares.

These boys will never know this. They complain about the 8MP in the camera module. Is it a coincidence that Apple devices amount to more than half of the pictures/videos uploaded to major apps and sites like Instagram, Facebook, and the likes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

50 Greatest Andriod Hardcore Games / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. / Weirdest Thing You Have Caught Your Friend Doing With Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.