Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,082 members, 7,880,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:05 PM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33730 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Guy, one bottle of coke for you. cheesy

But seriously, you nailed it!

I laugh when people brag about these gimmicky features especially Sammy incorporates in their devices. Multi-window? God knows I have never used that feature since I have been using Sammy devices till date. It would be great to use it on a tablet, but on a phone or phablet device? Nah...

lol...boss, let's wait for it first. ur not even a better lover of Apple than i am. this war is fiercely serious. what I'm for is true and ultimate user satisfaction... apple is somewhat dragging. Jobs started this, apple should bring us where no one should have even the tiniest doubt to begin to compare
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Decale: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
BlackBaron: If only the Tegra K1 was available on smartphones rather than tablets alone...

Nvidia? Wouldn't trust that soc for anything...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ckhelvin: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Exactly! Like I stated in one of my earlier posts, as much Sammy mock Apple with Apple's shortcomings, why haven't they done so about the speed or browsing test of the devices? Or for them to mock Apple for sticking to 1gb ram still? That's because they know better than these boys arguing what they nothing of. With Apple's seamless hardware and software integration, coupled with their OS optimisation, they are killing the market and the competitors know this. As successful as Sammy has been with Android, why did they create their own OS (Tizen)? That's because like Apple, they wanna have full control of both the hardwares and softwares and be able to optimise their OS to beter suit their hardwares.

These boys will never know this. They complain about the 8MP in the camera module. Is it a coincidence that Apple devices amount to more than half of the pictures/videos uploaded to major apps and sites like Instagram, Facebook, and the likes?
the ugly truth is dat samsung can't just do well wit tizen if they try leaving android platform!!..they know it themselves buh they just wana get control of both the hardware and software features like u said..I'm patiently waiting for the benchmark scores between iphone6 and note4...and u very correct about apple amounting to half of pictures bin uploaded to most of these social networks..+1 there !
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2014
Which of the following 3 phones would you buy if they cost the same and had exactly the same features? For me it's iPhone 5s, very obviously.

1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by PassingShot(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2014
spotit:

Dude, I'm talking going into the shop and having any of them phones in your palms to mess about for hours on end and getting out to comeback next day and do the same if you've got further questions. Or getting one for yourself and going to the park to try it, dipping it in water in your own bathtub, turning off the lights in your home at night to try it, and actually holding it for weeks just find faults to take it back and have your cash to the dime.
...now what's gsm/phonearena compared to your live experience?

Are you for real? I told you I checked it out myself and wasn't impressed with the camera quality but you didn't believe. Now that I refer you to a site that carries out comparison on phones you say this? If you know how those GSM/Phonearena do their work, you wont say all that you've said.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by EmmyDe25(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2014
Just dont see anything spectacular about this phone... the specs are complete BS.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2014
the only new thing I discovered in this iphone 6 is dat it's too Damn unnecessarily expensive and Can't afford it for now.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2014
PassingShot:

Are you for real? I told you I checked it out myself and wasn't impressed with the camera quality but you didn't believe. Now that I refer you to a site that carries out comparison on phones you say this? If you know how those GSM/Phonearena do their work, you wont say all that you've said.

well, allow it already. I've sampled quite enough to call myself a reviewer. so much for what's written, my peculiar interests in a brand are also more acceptable to the the wider userbase than yours...so yh

...atm, who wants to buy my Xperia z2? i need to fix my jealousy
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
spotit:

well, allow it already. I've sampled quite enough to call myself a reviewer. so much for what's written, my peculiar interests in a brand are also more acceptable to the the wider userbase than yours...so yh

If saying so makes you convinced and happy, so be it.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Can a benchmark result truly justify performance of a device when in real life scenarios we all use our
devices differently?

Least I forget it's the camera of the Z3 & iPhone 6 that has brought this argument

No. I explicitly stated that the iPhone 6 was more powerful than the Z3. I made no mention of the camera quality, which may very well easily be in favor of the iPhone.

Many Benchmarks are often tested with real-world scenarios in mind. You should do less of reading GSMarena reviews and focus on Anandtech, for example. Pound for pound, I've got no doubt the A8 will smoke the 801. We'll see about the 805.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Which of the following 3 phones would you buy if they cost the same and had exactly the same features? For me it's iPhone 5s, very obviously.

Of course the 5S has a better design. But if it had a 4.7" screen and the specs of the 6, it wouldn't be a 5S anymore.

I think Apple's lost the plot with the iPhone, though. The Home button is now a trap for them, a millstone around their necks. They'll never be able to get rid of those huge bezels and their famed leadership in design may soon come to an end.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2014
spotit:

lol...boss, let's wait for it first. ur not even a better lover of Apple than i am. this war is fiercely serious. what I'm for is true and ultimate user satisfaction... apple is somewhat dragging. Jobs started this, apple should bring us where no one should have even the tiniest doubt to begin to compare
Yeah... I accept the fact that they are dragging when it comes to incorporating certain things in their devices. But come to think of it, they only go into something when they feel it would be ultimately needed. Take NFC for example, how many of the competitors have been able to do something tremendous with it? Aside normal payments which passbook could do and/or other sharing, they have not been able to do something significant with it. But Apple arrived the party late, but with a purpose. To make it completely usable and by integrating it in Apple Pay. Take another example, the Apple Watch. Sammy released their 5th or 6th alongside the Note 4. And as usual, Apple arrived late to the party, but they have revolutionised the smart watch industry with just their first offering. Something the likes of Sammy couldn't do even with their 5th or 6th offering. So, I have discovered one thing with Apple, if we can't perfect it, then it's better we don't do it. Simple! They don't rush because of the competition, they take their time to make it right. Imagine that Apple came out with Touch ID, and in Samsung's next offering (S5) they did same. Apple's Touch ID smokes theirs hands-down. Remember what they said when Apple introduced the A7 SoC with a 64bit desktop-class architecture? They all said it was a marketing gimmick. Today they are all incorporating it in ther devices.

Yet, I still think they can do better than what they are doing now.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2014
ckhelvin: the ugly truth is dat samsung can't just do well wit tizen if they try leaving android platform!!..they know it themselves buh they just wana get control of both the hardware and software features like u said..I'm patiently waiting for the benchmark scores between iphone6 and note4...and u very correct about apple amounting to half of pictures bin uploaded to most of these social networks..+1 there !
You are right about Sammy not trusting their OS. They wished they had begun with their Tizen like Apple did. Now transmission might be suicidal to the company if they tend to leave Android sooner rather than later.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by StreamerBlogger: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
These people don't know anything about cameras, that is why they think Mps translate to better images. Wrong! Like you rightly stated, M8 comes with 4ultra pixels and smokes the Galaxy S5. Apple and HTC and treading the same path, and that is the path of great cameras. People should check a lot of DSLRs and they would discover that most have minimal number of MPs, but are the best in photography.

These people are just ignorant jare...
TO BE HONEST NIGERIANS ARE REALLY IGNORANT U INCLUSIVE..... HOW CAN U STAY IN COMFORT OF UR HOUSE OR WHR EVER U R DEN TYPE DIS TRASH...HOW CAN U COMPARE ULTRAPIXELS WITH MEGAPIXEL.HTC failed in dere line of camera's SIMPLE.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Of course the 5S has a better design. But if it had a 4.7" screen and the specs of the 6, it wouldn't be a 5S anymore.

I think Apple's lost the plot with the iPhone, though. The Home button is now a trap for them, a millstone around their necks. They'll never be able to get rid of those huge bezels and their famed leadership in design may soon come to an end.

I agree with you, the home button is just helping to slow things down on the hardware design. Getting rid if the bezels would be great, but how would that be with the home button? That's just the problem...
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by MrDoGood(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2014
i just have to keep my money back

i love my 5s.

d diff is the screen.

in oda news, i no dey use glasses read things for my 5s.

apple MUST IMPROVE
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kolarpeks: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2014
5S looks awesome beside the 6
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Abraham2013(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2014
ejiro2130: Somebody was saying apple is paying dudes to lineup for their iphone6
I just know the guy is deluded, seriously I don't understand anything
About those spec but the hype alone is making feel like throwing away my Samsung!!

Ooh Jesus oooh Jesus
Dat guy must be a political thug cos dats how dey line up 2 collect 500naira for political rallies.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 11:56am On Sep 10, 2014
StreamerBlogger: TO BE HONEST NIGERIANS ARE REALLY IGNORANT U INCLUSIVE..... HOW CAN U STAY IN COMFORT OF UR HOUSE OR WHR EVER U R DEN TYPE DIS TRASH...HOW CAN U COMPARE ULTRAPIXELS WITH MEGAPIXEL.HTC failed in dere line of camera's SIMPLE.
Agreed they failed when it comes to taking photos in broad daylight compared to the competition. But in low light, it kills your Sammy. The real argument was about the 8PM in the iPhone 6, and I tried to let people understand (I don't know if you too understand) that the numbet of pixles (pixel count) don't matter much, but the size of the pixles (like Apple used I.5micron pixels for the iPhone 6), also the aperture and some other camera enhancements. MP is mostly about the size and doesn't in any way translate to better photos. Have you taken a pictire with one of these Techno phones that comes with 13MPs? You would prefer a photo from an iPhone 3Gs.

You get my point?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna:

I think the iPhone 6 is a good phone and ahead of its peers.

iPhone 6 has a health feature that can tell you how many calories you burn in a day,if you climb stairs it will note that as am exercise and advise you on how to move,stand,exercise for most of the day to enable you achieve optimism fitness.

It has a fingerprint reader.

It has Siri that can read your emails,tell you your location and so many other things.

It s going to be linked with the upcoming I watch which can also track how many minutes you ve spent in a day standing.it monitors your movement.

Taps you when you have a phone call

Allows you to tap other apple watch users.
Or draw signs such as heart shapes and send to them
It has a gold edition and has different styles and different faces

You can make a slow motion video
It appears you have not had access to internet for a very long time. All the things you pointed out have been in Android phones for ages. ALL OF THEM.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
StreamerBlogger: TO BE HONEST NIGERIANS ARE REALLY IGNORANT U INCLUSIVE..... HOW CAN U STAY IN COMFORT OF UR HOUSE OR WHR EVER U R DEN TYPE DIS TRASH...HOW CAN U COMPARE ULTRAPIXELS WITH MEGAPIXEL.HTC failed in dere line of camera's SIMPLE.

bruv u goofed. what matters is the sensor capacity...the lens' aperture size, the amount of light it's able to let in upon action. let's leave the physics of it. u think u know something? ultra...uber..is your german for 'away and beyond'
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Bro... That's what these people don't understand. The specs on paper has gotten everyone thinking if it ain't like this then it ain't good at all. That's a wrong ideology from people. The 512mb ram on the iPad Mini makes a whole lot of sense than any Android device with a 1gb ram. Should we talk about camera? A lot of noobs think the number of MP (megapixels) a camera has, the better. I guess they are just ignorant. The camera on the iPhone 5S (8MP) beats the S5. The number of pixels translates to the overall size of the image, but the size of the pixels, the aperture, the focus and whatever image stabilisation that is being used are what makes a camera great. Not the number of MPs (megapixels).

I use Note II presently, but I must confess that the camera on the iPhone 4S beats it in every department. The only phone that would compete with an iPhone camera and win is the Lumia (I think 1050 and some other high end ones).

The likes of Samsung and co have made it look like if it's not like this on paper, then it's not up to. As much as Samsung mocks Apple using one iPhone shortcoming or another, why have they not done an advert mocking an iPhone in a speed or browsing test? That's because they know even though they put up 8-cores in their recent devices, it's still nothing compared to a dual-core in an iPhone device. This ain't rocket science, it's very simple and people need to understand these facts.
That means you have never seen a live s5. Cos if you have you will not type the bolded
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Aida13: 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Heh heh.

Still on topic...

""Well for $850 you can get:

A 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus

***OR***

A $350 64 GB OnePlus One,
a $250 Moto 360,
a $240 16 GB Nexus 7
and still have $10 in your pocket....

iPhone buyers are some of the stupidest people when it comes to spending their money..."""

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by bejeria101(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Are you finished.who are u lecturing apple ancestor,we have handled dis devices,who is talking paper specs.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
ckhelvin: the ugly truth is dat samsung can't just do well wit tizen if they try leaving android platform!!..they know it themselves buh they just wana get control of both the hardware and software features like u said..I'm patiently waiting for the benchmark scores between iphone6 and note4...and u very correct about apple amounting to half of pictures bin uploaded to most of these social networks..+1 there !

[quote author=dmcdad]
Exactly! Like I stated in one of my earlier posts, as much Sammy mock Apple with Apple's shortcomings, why haven't they done so about the speed or browsing test of the devices? Or for them to mock Apple for sticking to 1gb ram still? That's because they know better than these boys arguing what they nothing of. With Apple's seamless hardware and software integration, coupled with their OS optimisation, they are killing the market and the competitors know this. As successful as Sammy has been with Android, why did they create their own OS (Tizen)? That's because like Apple, they wanna have full control of both the hardwares and softwares and be able to optimise their OS to beter suit their hardwares.
These boys will never know this. They complain about the 8MP in the camera module. Is it a coincidence that Apple devices amount to more than half of the pictures/videos uploaded to major apps and sites like Instagram, Facebook, and the likes?[/quote]

At bolded, iphone is the number 1 phone in USA and these social networking sites listed are American companies so obviously it will lead that race. If you go to china, sites like wechat, weiboo and the likes will definitely not be iphone. Windows 8.1 is the smoothest, i mean butter smooth. Lack of apps is the killer in that section. Review google phones(nexus) and see how smooth is it but it will get smoother with Android L. OEMs messes up Android OS with their bloatwares.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by StreamerBlogger: 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
I actually agree with u dat d size of MP doesn't matter but com'on couldn't dey not have atleast lied it was 13mp....u can't go out to boast with a fone of specs writeup equivalent to dose of 2012...Apple is a joke.NOTE; Apple don't sell specs dey sell brand.
dmcdad:
Agreed they failed when it comes to taking photos in broad daylight compared to the competition. But in low light, it kills your Sammy. The real argument was about the 8PM in the iPhone 6, and I tried to let people understand (I don't know if you too understand) that the numbet of pixles (pixel count) don't matter much, but the size of the pixles (like Apple used I.5micron pixels for the iPhone 6), also the aperture and some other camera enhancements. MP is mostly about the size and doesn't in any way translate to better photos. Have you taken a pictire with one of these Techno phones that comes with 13MPs? You would prefer a photo from an iPhone 3Gs.

You get my point?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: The iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce the apple pay system which allows you pay for items by just putting your finger on the home button which is a fingerprint reader. No need to bring out your debit or credit cards

iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce reachability which enables users of the phone to operate with one hand despite the increase in size. It enables them bring the apps closer to their finger by double tapping the home button.
It's obvious you are living in a cave.
collinsobinna: The iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce the apple pay system which allows you pay for items by just putting your finger on the home button which is a fingerprint reader. No need to bring out your debit or credit cards

iPhone 6 is also the first to introduce reachability which enables users of the phone to operate with one hand despite the increase in size. It enables them bring the apps closer to their finger by double tapping the home button.

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by StreamerBlogger: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
I rather wait for a One plus one invite dan waste my money on Any apple product
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah... I accept the fact that they are dragging when it comes to incorporating certain things in their devices. But come to think of it, they only go into something when they feel it would be ultimately needed. Take NFC for example, how many of the competitors have been able to do something tremendous with it? Aside normal payments which passbook could do and/or other sharing, they have not been able to do something significant with it. But Apple arrived the party late, but with a purpose. To make it completely usable and by integrating it in Apple Pay. Take another example, the Apple Watch. Sammy released their 5th or 6th alongside the Note 4. And as usual, Apple arrived late to the party, but they have revolutionised the smart watch industry with just their first offering. Something the likes of Sammy couldn't do even with their 5th or 6th offering. So, I have discovered one thing with Apple, if we can't perfect it, then it's better we don't do it. Simple! They don't rush because of the competition, they take their time to make it right. Imagine that Apple came out with Touch ID, and in Samsung's next offering (S5) they did same. Apple's Touch ID smokes theirs hands-down. Remember what they said when Apple introduced the A7 SoC with a 64bit desktop-class architecture? They all said it was a marketing gimmick. Today they are all incorporating it in ther devices.

yes, we need to resurrect Steve Jobs simples. imagine the match and affronts on iPhone flagships eversince...not to talk about the pussyfooting with iPhone sequels and having us pay and stay emosh..we didn't have plenty reasons to be impatient in the days...until all that changed 2years ago...now pple pay for iPhones and go home to hope and pray that the guys in cupertino do some thinking and not play catch with the trend..
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
collinsobinna: Even when there isn't network,you can make calls with an iPhone 6 by simply using wifi cos of the LTE.

Finger print protection.

Apple Watch adds a new dimension to the way you communicate. In just a glance it shows you who’s contacting you. It even gets your attention the way another person would — by tapping you. There are subtle audio cues, too. The experience is discreet and nuanced, with different types of notifications having their own unique character.
How old are you?
collinsobinna: Even when there isn't network,you can make calls with an iPhone 6 by simply using wifi cos of the LTE.

Finger print protection.

Apple Watch adds a new dimension to the way you communicate. In just a glance it shows you who’s contacting you. It even gets your attention the way another person would — by tapping you. There are subtle audio cues, too. The experience is discreet and nuanced, with different types of notifications having their own unique character.
How old are you?

Finger print protection.

How old are you?
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:

At the bolded
1: Android has being doing that with Google Wallet
2: What did they revolutionise with the smart watch. Tell me one thing the iWatch can do that an android wear wouldn't do and even do more. Theirs is even fugly
3: I agree with you
4: Its all Gimmick. 64bit architecture needs minimum of 4GB ram which apple has always failed to implement in their idevices
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
StreamerBlogger: I actually agree with u dat d size of MP doesn't matter but com'on couldn't dey not have atleast lied it was 13mp....u can't go out to boast with a fone of specs writeup equivalent to dose of 2012...Apple is a joke.NOTE; Apple don't sell specs dey sell brand.
Yoi should also note that specs don't always translate to real world experience. The S4 even with its 13MP can't stand alongside the iPhone 5 when taking pictures. What then do we want? Spec on paper or the real world? I would gp with the latter any day.

But I must admit, they are dragging in alot of areas and I hope they realise that. But they still manage as always to beat their competitors one way or the other. Wouldn't you agree?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

50 Greatest Andriod Hardcore Games / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. / Weirdest Thing You Have Caught Your Friend Doing With Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.