Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:46 AM

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown (12728 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of Reeva Steenkamp / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her / Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Neinah:

Loool @ you'll suffocate. That's why God in his infinite wisdom made u South African (U are right?), thanks be to him.
Pistorious' case is very popular because he is a celebrity in your country. There might be other cases like this which doesn't come to light but that's by the way.
I blame your government for allowing the crime rate get so high that a sane mother would resort to having guns in the same house she has little kids. Judge Masipa, emphasised on this point today, she stated that Pistorious lived in "a crime riddled area..." What do u have to say about that?

I don't support his action, firing at a closed door more than twice was uncalled for really, but then his background, childhood experiences, physical disability and the psychological effect these have had on him, not excluding the role ur government played have to be put into consideration.

And since you won't discuss your country's gun laws with me don't ask me about mine, ask Google.

"Crime riddled area"? I really don't care to be honest with you. It could have been like in the ghettos of the US where people are hit by stray bullets on a daily basis, but it is not. So our crime is really not that much different from what other countries are going through. Robberies, car-jackings etc happen everywhere, people just have to take necessary precautions that's all there is to it.

I'm over that particular curiousity about your gun laws. Really don't care to be honest with you, so no google for me smiley
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by ZDee: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
morpheus24:

Cause for the past couple of centuries that's what the opposing side concentrated and screwed up humanity entirely. before the 17th century there was no such thing as "White" or "race" for that matter. People mostly identified based on cultural or geographical affinities.

In comes "white supremacy" manufactured by a group of so called new age "intellectual" thinkers and now we are all screwed up and continue to suffer consequences of this group while another group stay "privileged" and you expect us not be a little bit cross.

As long as you live in a Multi-racial society, everything you do will be defined by this, it is inescapable whether you turn a blind eye to it or not give or take about 400-600 years.

To tolerate one another does not equate to racial homogeneity and the Oscar case is an example of it.

Why didn't your local rapper Jub Jub get the same culpable homicide verdict after "accidentally" running into those kids.

Why did Oscar's brother get away with the same crime "culpable homicide."??

Hmmm?

huuuuh. ... So what about mandoza, the zulu prince and bryce moon and other black people who've been acquited of murder ..

hmmmm?

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:
Robberies, car-jackings etc happen everywhere, people just have to take necessary precautions that's all there is to it.

... and vulnerable Oscar Pistorious took the "necessary precaution" he felt was the best option for him.
We are finally on the same page wink smiley
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
morpheus24:

Obviously a youngen who believes in a we are the world scenario perpetrated by leftists. The name of the game will always be "POWER". White supremacy is the mechanism used to attain, control and retain power cloaked in "skin color". Doesn't matter if the person was colored green. It is nonsensical to dislike someone based on a physical adaptation to climate.

Two different things.

Don't believe in zodiacs

I really don't care about power as long as I can do everything I want, have equal opportunities, get paid the same salary etc. The rest doesn't matter

The older generation of South African never had the opportunities that we are currently enjoying, so it's all good. We're not a power hungry nation & nobody has time to think about white people. The only important thing to most black South Africans is to move forward & improve their lives, which has been happening. Thank you very much. You seem to be the only ones focused on our past & keep bringing it up. It doesn't even come up in our day to day conversations because we're over it for the most part.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Neinah:

... and vulnerable Oscar Pistorious took the "necessary precaution" he felt was the best option for him.
We are finally on the same page wink smiley

Don't know what you're talking about. Did you hear me bitching about guns & Oscar's case? People do what they have to do. I'm not hating on that because I don't concern myself with what other people are doing in the privacy of their own homes. If he thought he needed a gun to feel safe, then ayoba to him. I have an alarm system at my place as well as an electric fence, so I can't blame people for going the extra mile about safety.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
ZDee:

huuuuh. ... So what about mandoza, the zulu prince and bryce moon and other black people who've been acquited of murder ..

hmmmm?

Who did Mandoza kill now? I've never heard of this one.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by docjuli(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

I really don't care about power as long as I can do everything I want, have equal opportunities, get paid the same salary etc. The rest doesn't matter

The older generation of South African never had the opportunities that we are currently enjoying, so it's all good. We're not a power hungry nation & nobody has time to think about white people. The only important thing to most black South Africans is to move forward & improve their lives, which has been happening. Thank you very much. You seem to be the only ones focused on our past & keep bringing it up. It doesn't even come up in our day to day conversations because we're over it for the most part.

True. I can testify.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
docjuli:

True. I can testify.

Testify to what?
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by docjuli(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:
Testify to what?

The only important thing to most black South Africans is to move forward & improve their lives, which has been happening.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by morpheus24: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

A generation that don't take cognizance of their past are DOOMED to repeat it.

Notice I did not say "dwell on the past"
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
50calibre:

Another dumb female with an opinion lol a female like you is going to deliver the verdict tomorrow, how about you acquaint yourself with the facts of the case first, before making loose statements.

His late girlfriend paid for her stupi*dity with her life, despite warnings, she chose to stay with her gun-toting psychotic boyfriend till the day he fired 3 bullets into her.

I waited patiently for the verdict (which I was certain would turn this way) to be given before giving you a reply. Turns out you are the dumb one who needs to acquaint himself with facts. And stop talking nonsense, name one person in this world that has not been warned by one person or the other, against staying with whom they choose to love... and this is coming from a guy. undecided undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by 50calibre(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Neinah:

I waited patiently for the verdict (which I was certain would turn this way) to be given before giving you a reply. Turns out you are the dumb one who needs to acquaint himself with facts. And stop talking nonsense, name one person in this world that has not been warned by one person or the other, against staying with whom they choose to love... and this is coming from a guy. undecided undecided

Shut up!!! You're so dumb, below is the dumb statement you made

Neinah: He's not guilty. The South African government is guilty for allowing civilians to own guns . Aside that, Pistorious should be cut some slacks, the poor guy has no legs, its only natural for him to react when he feels his life is under threat. Its a pity Reeva had to die tho, she was a victim of circumstance.

How did you pre-determine his innocence, was that your fish brain talking or were you privy to the verdict ahead of everyone else?

And how does the government take responsibility for a man's actions, are you crazy? So if you're stabbed with a knife, is the government to blame for allowing people own knives?

South African government allows licensed ownership of firearms by civilians, same as many countries.

Oscar Pistorious was still found guilty of culpable homicide a crime which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years so I don't know what you're saying.

Why don't you speak less & listen more?
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by ZACHIE: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
maestroferddi: Do I blame you?

Keep putting you trust in non-standard and scrabble dictionaries.

Why demean Scrabble like this? No Scrabble dictionary has the entry INSULTIVE in it, so what made you think Scrabble is a tacky thing?

Oya, go to that corner and `stoop down`.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do White South Africans Refuse To Go Back To Europe ? / North Korea Nuclear Test Will Be Part Of Fight Against U.S. / Yonov Agah, 3 Others: WTO Pays Tribute To Outgoing Deputy Directors-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.