Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,596 members, 7,911,555 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:16 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (412014 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by addictiv(m): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
saintjumol: Hello Nairalanders, I just concluded my NEBOSH IGC examinations and practical assessment. I must say that anyone who is looking for quality and upscale training should let me know so I can recommend where i did mine.

All the best la familia
Pls I am interested. Where did you do it? and how much did you pay?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by addictiv(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
saintjumol: Hello Nairalanders, I just concluded my NEBOSH IGC examinations and practical assessment. I must say that anyone who is looking for quality and upscale training should let me know so I can recommend where i did mine.

All the best la familia
Pls I am interested. Where did you do it? and how much did you pay and duration of training?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by BlessedFellow: 8:47am On Nov 22, 2013
Emchio: I'm using this opportunity to thank all those that have in one way or the other contributed to my Nebosh success- the materials, PQ and encouragements, were all helpful. It's been an experience worthwhile!

Now, that I've made a distinction in Nebosh, coupled with a first degree and masters in Geography& Environmental Management; and Environmental Technology respectively, can someone be helpful enough with an HSE or related job connection?

I will really appreciate such help! Thanks and God bless....

Congrats buddy! Could you please send me the material via: blessedfellow@hotmail.com?

Thanks a million!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by saintjumol: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2013
addictiv:
Pls I am interested. Where did you do it? and how much did you pay and duration of training?

Hello Addictiv! I did mine at SMTSGroup (a UK based Training and consulting institute with centres in Nigeria and some other African countries).

The cost of Nebosh IGC is 300k and the duration of the training is 9 days while the exams will be written on the 10th day. Practical Assessment starts immediately and must be completed with reports submitted not exceeding 2 weeks of the exams.

For more info. pls visit their website: http://www.smtsgroup.com/site/courses.cfm?course_id=33&pagenumber=1&type=all

Mr Chris Imoni is the Asst. Manager Sales & Marketing (Nigeria) and you can have his number in your inbox if you want.
You can reach me on 07030499231 (No flashing pls) if you would like to have a word with me.

Best regards.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by saintjumol: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
Emchio: I'm using this opportunity to thank all those that have in one way or the other contributed to my Nebosh success- the materials, PQ and encouragements, were all helpful. It's been an experience worthwhile!

Now, that I've made a distinction in Nebosh, coupled with a first degree and masters in Geography& Environmental Management; and Environmental Technology respectively, can someone be helpful enough with an HSE or related job connection?

Way to go Emchio...Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
ad84ada: pls help me with Nebosh materials. My email is samueladerounmu@gmail.com
Thanks in advance! God bless!

Go to Finny Integrated Services Ltd, Port Harcourt, 08068837209, 08035578818, www.fintserv.com, they have a very good and experienced British Trainer. They have NEBOSH IGC coming up in 27th January - 7th February 2014, after that follows NEBOSH Oil & Gas
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
pinc: Please can anyone help with information on NEBOSH accredited exam centers(nebosh IGC) in lagos or ph and their websites or email addresses.

Go to Finny Integrated Services Ltd, Port Harcourt, 08068837209, 08035578818, www.fintserv.com,info@fintserv.com, they have a very good and experienced British Trainer. They have NEBOSH IGC coming up in 27th January - 7th February 2014, after that follows NEBOSH Oil & Gas
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
ideology: pls I need some info on NEBOSH, like material, best study centres and cost. thanks.

Go to Finny Integrated Services Ltd, Port Harcourt, 08068837209, 08035578818, www.fintserv.com,info@fintserv.com, they have a very good and experienced British Trainer. They have NEBOSH IGC coming up in 27th January - 7th February 2014, after that follows NEBOSH Oil & Gas. N300k
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
pinc: Please can anyone help with information on NEBOSH accredited exam centers(nebosh IGC) in lagos or ph and their websites or email addresses.

Go to Finny Integrated Services Ltd, Port Harcourt, 08068837209, 08035578818, www.fintserv.com,info@fintserv.com, they have a very good and experienced British Trainer. They have NEBOSH IGC coming up in 27th January - 7th February 2014, after that follows NEBOSH Oil & Gas. N300k
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
addictiv:

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by BlessedFellow: 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kindy:

@Kindy: Please is fintserve.com listed on nebosh official website as an accredited centre?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Milito: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2013
BlessedFellow:

@Kindy: Please is fintserve.com listed on nebosh official website as an accredited centre?

I did mine wt a company in Omole phase 2, Berger, Lagos. The name of the company is Hybrid consulting (www.hybrid-hse.com). They offer NEBOSH IGC for N245, 000.

Very nice & friendly peeps. They re also accredited, u'll write the exam there on the 10th day. From my experience, no matter how good they are where u want to use, u will still hv to do a lot of self study. I mean a lot.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by BlessedFellow: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
Milito:

I did mine wt a company in Omole phase 2, Berger, Lagos. The name of the company is Hybrid consulting (www.hybrid-hse.com). They offer NEBOSH IGC for N245, 000.

Very nice & friendly peeps. They re also accredited, u'll write the exam there on the 10th day. From my experience, no matter how good they are where u want to use, u will still hv to do a lot of self study. I mean a lot.

Thanks a lot! Self-study won't be much of an issue to me because I'm familiar with HSE.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
BlessedFellow:

@Blessed, no, but Fintserv uses an International Centre -OEL Apix an approved centre, listed on NEBOSH Website. U could inquire, u have nothing to fear
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by BlessedFellow: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kindy: .

@Blessed, no, but Fintserv uses an International Centre -OEL Apix an approved centre, listed on NEBOSH Website. U could inquire, u have nothing to fear

Thanks for the clarification!

Best wishes
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by pinc: 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
please can someone help me with nebosh IGC materials.pincypon@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Emchio: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2013
I did both. Please take note, I started the self-study, two moths before lectures proper. Can't imagine paying that amount of money without getting the best out of it. The thought of it, wakes me up everyday, as early as 4:30am.

I will advice you start with the Q&A part, before going into the study proper.

Regards,

Beehandz:

Pls inbox me d materials u used. Writin mine nxt year Jan.
Oladunmoyebolaji@gmail.com
Did u go for any coachn? Or u did self tutor.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by saintjumol: 11:08am On Nov 25, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders,

In as much as price is a very important factor when considering where to register and write the Nebosh IGC examinations (and others), the quality and integrity of the centre must not be overlooked.

I have had the opportunity of interacting with a staff of Hybrid and I must confess that they are not bad, but permit me to say that SMTS is way above the rest in terms of track record & quality of delivery amongst others. As a matter of fact, anyone who trains with them should rest assured of a very good result provided you play your own role by ensuring the recommended personal study is fulfilled.

That is why I'm going to agree with Emchio that it is wise to start self-study at least two (2) months before the commencement of lectures, as this was exactly what I did.

Success!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Beehandz(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Emchio: I did both. Please take note, I started the self-study, two moths before lectures proper. Can't imagine paying that amount of money without getting the best out of it. The thought of it, wakes me up everyday, as early as 4:30am.

Regards,

Thansk boss. Kindly inbox me d Nebosh IGC material then as I have to porpone my exam to Feb to adequately prepare.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jstmandy: 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
sorry pls...can any1 enlighten me on d diff btw NEBOSH IGC and NEBOSH oil and gas pls....i did HSE sometime last year wit NISP Warri,and i want to upgrade to NEBOSH next year..and pls i want to also ask....as a lady,will the job give me time for my family??doe not married yet...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by saintjumol: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2013
jstmandy: sorry pls...can any1 enlighten me on d diff btw NEBOSH IGC and NEBOSH oil and gas pls....i did HSE sometime last year wit NISP Warri,and i want to upgrade to NEBOSH next year..and pls i want to also ask....as a lady,will the job give me time for my family??doe not married yet...

Hello,

Nebosh IGC is the foundation upon which all other NEBOSH Certifications can be built, while Nebosh Oil & Gas is more streamlined to the O&G field. You should be aware that you cannot write the latter without having achieved the former.

Concerning whether the Job will give you time for your family or not is hinged on the kind of Job you get. I would say it is very possible to get a job that will afford you enough time.

I hope your pondering has been satisfied!

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Amhappy(f): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Emchio: I did both. Please take note, I started the self-study, two moths before lectures proper. Can't imagine paying that amount of money without getting the best out of it. The thought of it, wakes me up everyday, as early as 4:30am.

Regards,

Congrats bro and Please I need the material for Self study. inbox me chinyereokigbo@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by camadiume: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
HI house please can any professional or someone that has the experience tell me how i could get into the oil and gas sector, i am a graduate of agricultural science with a second class upper division, i have done the general NISP HSE training and also the Level 3, i just rounded up my service this past October and i still want to do a post graduate course. please i need a specific direction to know on how to start my quest into this field. i have tried job site but most or if not all i get to see is those with experience and i dont have any practical one, thank you God bles
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by camadiume: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yes i have heard of Nebosh while i was doing my General and Level 3 HSE trainings, my personal worry is since this is an international certificate those that also mean it secures a job after doing the job? like i did the other trainings i still tried to get a job but all i get to see is job experience and job experience. i dont understand and i need someone to please clear me out on this, God bless as you do.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ideology(m): 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
In Him, we have lived. In Him, we have moved.
In Him, we've had our being. From January till December, He did it all!! Keep counting the blessings, amen. Welcome to December!!

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by saintjumol: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2013
camadiume: Yes i have heard of Nebosh while i was doing my General and Level 3 HSE trainings, my personal worry is since this is an international certificate those that also mean it secures a job after doing the job? like i did the other trainings i still tried to get a job but all i get to see is job experience and job experience. i dont understand and i need someone to please clear me out on this, God bless as you do.

Hello Camadiume,

I can very well identify with your fears as some of them crept up my mind at various intervals. But the truth still remains that having one certificate or the other increases your chances of getting a job or a better job as may be applicable.

You mustn't forget that there are so many graduates out there looking for the same thing and what sets each individual apart is what they have to offer because getting a job is highly competitive. A lot of company these days will always prefer an experienced applicant to an in-experienced one no doubt, but that shouldn't deter one from doing the needful.

Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by WMSAssociates(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2013
Hello to all you Safety Professionals. I am from the UK and have been in Nigeria for some 2 years now. I have been a Safety Professional since 1986 after leaving the Armed Forces. I have been looking through a lot of comments in this section and can help a lot, particularly where training is concerned. I have many contacts within IOSH and NEBOSH and also the British Safety Council as well as the Institute of Advanced Safety Management. I am currently the Vice Chairman of OSHA Worldwide. I also have my own company set up as a training provider and consultancy.
To those that wish to contact me, Please respond in first instance to this message.
Good Luck and wish you all well in your chosen careers

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TheosLove: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
WMS-Associates:
Hello to all you Safety Professionals. I am from the UK and have been in Nigeria for some 2 years now. I have been a Safety Professional since 1986 after leaving the Armed Forces. I have been looking through a lot of comments in this section and can help a lot, particularly where training is concerned. I have many contacts within IOSH and NEBOSH and also the British Safety Council as well as the Institute of Advanced Safety Management. I am currently the Vice Chairman of OSHA Worldwide. I also have my own company set up as a training provider and consultancy.
To those that wish to contact me, Please respond in first instance to this message.
Good Luck and wish you all well in your chosen careers

You are very welcome on board Mr. Wayne Sundborg... And we would all love to hear your contributions on this platform... I'm a graduate member of OSHA as well... Just got inducted in Abuja last week, you were not present @the OSHA Conference in Abuja.
And also, I would love to have your e-mail address...or you could just send me a mail on adesojiaae@yahoo.com
Thank You.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TheosLove: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2013

Congratulations on your successful completion on this great course.
Please I would love to get the materials and PQ you used while studying.
Kindly Inbox me @adesojiaae@yahoo.com.

Thank You!
Best Regards.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by septab: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wow! Kudos to the pioneer(s) of this information packed thread, it has really been a blessing to me! I took the pain to carefully read from page 1 to the end! As I type, I'v already put in for GHSE in NISP and going for the prog wh commences on the 9th. I am currently working as a quality control officer in a manufacturing company and I was opportuned to be included in the HSE committee newly set up in my company. So am taking the advantage to have the certification and then gather some practical experience by liaising with the HSE consultant to the company. I intend putting in for the Level3 and then Nebosh asap. @Brainwave...thumbs up to you man! House......any advice for a rookie like me? God help us all!

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by newmuna(f): 5:44am On Dec 07, 2013
@ Emchio,Kudos on ur success.Pls dear help me out with the materials on noniretti@yahoo.com.thaaaanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kristosky(m): 5:27am On Dec 09, 2013
Pls house as a HND holder in Electrical Electronics Engineering(Electronics/telecom option) where do I get started.I am presently on a contract job in a bank to enable me save some money b4 pursin my career,and at d same time do my PDG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.