Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,303 members, 7,950,559 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (414175 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by chikababra: 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls anybody with any idea on ow to get an HSE job oooo oooo oo? wend me a mail,chikababra@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jacksparrow1: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
@zeogeon, kindly help me with the Nebosh materials and past Q and A. Thanks in anticipation. Email is cmisollarh@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ideology(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2013
Jacksparrow1: @zeogeon, kindly help me with the Nebosh materials and past Q and A. Thanks in anticipation. Email is cmisollarh@gmail.com
pls me too Nebosh materials. hopeman4all@yahoo.com, God bless you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by diehard(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2013
@Jacksparrow, ideology, I posted some Nebosh materials on page 26 & 27of this thread
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2013
cowleg: whats the difference between MPH occupational safety and health and HSE....
help this dude
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ideology(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2013
diehard: @Jacksparrow, ideology, I posted some Nebosh materials on page 26 & 27of this thread
thanks very much, make I buy mb the one I have may not download all
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Milito: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
EHS Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency

Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.

Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.

Our client is a world leader in the field of decorative paintings, murals,and industrial protection.

Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a world leader in the field of paintings to recruit an EHS Manager.

Job Title: EHS Manager

Job reference: 41
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: HSE & Security

Responsibilities
Develop, implement and maintain plant Health & Safety Policies, System and Guidelines
Broadcast the Corporate, Regional and BU Health & Safety Policies, System and Guidelines to all the staff.
Plan, organize and implement relevant Health & Safety s activities and programs in enhancing the plant safe work culture
Provide expert advice and support on Health & Safety issues to Plant Managers, Head of Departments and other Functional Heads in ensuring compliance and adherence to existing relevant local legislation, the company Policies & Guidelines and best industry practices.
Liaise with the local authorities on matters pertaining to Health & Safety.
Conduct regular plant audits and inspections, and to provide recommendations with follow-up to ensure Health & Safety performance improvement
Participate and advise in the development of plant s Health & Safety annual objectives, targets and action plans; and formulation of Health & Safety capital and operating expenditure.
Participate in operational management committees and facilitate the site s Health & Safety committees that are used as a platform to advise and manage H & S topics and issues.
Coordinate, monitor, review and prepare reports on plant Health & Safety activities implementation, progress and performance (which include monitoring and analysing the statistic and trend) and act as the communication link between the plant and the BU.
Implementing technically sound yet cost effective solutions.
Providing regulatory guidance, technical assistance and project support as required to ensure compliance with company s existing requirements.
Support coordination of Facility Management activities, consultants and on site contractors
Plan and perform EHS audits/ inspection as required.
Requirements
A university degree in any Engineering, Safety engineering, Industrial safety field or its equivalent professional qualification
At least 7 -10 years of EHS experience in very broad conditions and situations in a similar organisation
At least 3 years general manufacturing experience within a chemical processing environment.
Proven track record of effectively managing project safety on major construction projects (Building Construction a plus)
Specialized or technical proficiency in Environment, Health and Safety, combining an in-depth understanding of involved practices and complex technical issues and principles
Problem solving skills involve creative solutions to develop substantially diversified procedures and to implement specialized standards.
Knowledge of relevant safety sections of Nigeria National Building Code
Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English
Thorough knowledge of hazards associated with various conditions (site/field, construction; manufacturing a plus)
Experience and proficiency in writing and preparing site safety plans, activity hazard analysis, hazard mitigation/control procedures and other written documents.
Experience in the selection, usage, training and maintenance of Safety equipment and instrumentation
Provide context and ensure that our EHS architecture impacts our decisions, behaviours and processes
Ability to clearly articulate requirements and confidently assert the required EHS priorities
The ability to manage conflicts, resolve differences and team work in a globalized environment
A proven ability to work on challenging and time-constrained projects
Excellent relationship with state EH&S authorities
Remuneration
Attractive Package

Application Closing Date
15th October, 2013

http://adexen.com/offer_NGA1360_industry-and-manufacturing-ehs-manager.html
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by enesty(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2013
Hello guys weldone on this thread,pls I would love to get the website where I can run either nebosh or osha for the cheapest rate.I saw a post where some guy said he only paid $15 to ship the cert over to nigeria.pls I woud realy love an answer,tanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Milito: 1:41am On Oct 07, 2013
GE EHS Manager Job

Date: Sep 30, 2013

Posted Position Title:EHS Manager
Career Level:Experienced
Function:Environmental Health & Safety
Function Segment:General EHS
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
City:Port Harcourt
Postal Code:0
Relocation Assistance:No
Role Summary/Purpose:
Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all Projects and Services EHS activities within Nigeria and Angola

- Manage any EHS issues that may arise during activities at customer sites for the region

- Provide support to GE people at site and guarantee basic EHS standards (implementation of LOTO and Permit to work procedures), conduct regular inspections of the facilities

- Develop and update EHS programs ensuring compliance with all local regulations, International safety standards and GE requirements

- Investigate safety/environmental incidents conducting root cause analysis and drive Implementation of corrective actions, plan/conduct safety talks

- Coordinate OTR EHS risk assessments, propose and implement improvements for the region

- Work closely with O&G operations regional leaders and EHS HQ to drive GE programs or simply EHS Programs

- Coordinate and provide training for O&G employees

- Maintain regional EHS metrics and actively participate to O&G EHS HQ projects and programs, implement GE EHS management system requirements and report EHS events to headquarter

- Develop new EHS programs as required

- Assess emergency and evacuation plan in the region, in agreement with local logistic-liaison office
Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related EHS field from accredited college or university.

- Minimum 3 years EHS experience, with exposure to regional compliance programs, auditing activities at customer sites, and evaluation and mitigation of High Risk Operations

- Fluent in English, written and verbal

- Willingness to travel up to 40 % working time within region
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Desired Characteristics:
- Proficient knowledge of regional regulatory framework
- Knowledge (experience) of GE EHS Management systems
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas business and ideally some previous experience in fields of Energy, Power & Water
- Fluent in Portuguese, written and verbal
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained / certified (GE Employees only)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead process implementation in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple ongoing tasks

http://jobs.gecareers.com/mobile/job/Port-Harcourt-EHS-Manager-Job/17375100/?from=email&refid=13092483&utm_source=J2WEmail&source=2&eid=246-201310060656-27862439&locale=en_US
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Ehimax(m): 6:05am On Oct 07, 2013
Good morning house, its a great job you guys are doing here may God bless the career of all of you. I have a question, am a 1st degree holder in microbiology and intend to take up HSE courses from NISP, please which of the courses will I take first? General HSE or HSE Level 1 before taking the Level 3? Please I'll appreciate your reply tanks and God bless.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ops84(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Ehimax: Good morning house, its a great job you guys are doing here may God bless the career of all of you. I have a question, am a 1st degree holder in microbiology and intend to take up HSE courses from NISP, please which of the courses will I take first? General HSE or HSE Level 1 before taking the Level 3? Please I'll appreciate your reply tanks and God bless.
HSE is of three level,i did mine with MITA bayelsa state.since u re a graduate u ll start with level 2 and later level three.moreinfo? Law84.flowermate@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by misan2: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
sadrezi: pls my name is osagie, can you kindly send me the nebosh materials and past questions..my mail is sadrezi@gmail.com... thanks amiillion

I need these nebosh materials too. Thanks. ruppeed@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by splendore(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Thanks a lot @ Diehard
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by diehard(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2013
@Slendore, You're welcome

All, I posted some Nebosh materials on page 26 & 27 of this thread
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by julianauche19: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2013
House please. Am in Ondo state and hope to do this training with one firm this weekend but I don't know if NISP and NEBOSH are the only accredited firm recognised or can I just do it else where ?.thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TheosLove: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello Professionals,

I'm new here and I have enjoyed this thread thus far having gone through all the posts and comments on this thread before deciding to create an account on Nairaland and join this wonderful thread.

I am a Graduate of Biochemistry and currently doing my Service year.
I just bagged my OSH Certificate as a Safety Coordinator from OSHAssociation UK.
My favorite is Environmental Management Systems or/and Environmental Impact Assessment.

I am willing to share my little knowledge as of now and also to learn from the experienced professionals we have on this thread.

Thank You All!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TheosLove: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2013
ajoskele: I think starting my own coy would be better as I intend becoming an enviromentalist..I have a B.Sc in Biochemistry,awaiting the Almighty NYSC.Made up my mind to go for the GHSE and level 3 4rm NISP and possibly EIA during my service year....My 'wahala' now is dat ''can I, with a 2.2, be admitted for an M.Sc in any enviroment-related course?'' Wait oh,where is Mr Brainwave now??...Thumbs up to Mr Diehard!!!

@Ajoskele: We have a lot of things in common here...only that I'm already doing my NYSC and I have done an OSH program by OSHAssociation UK (and not NISP), though I'm planning to still do the NISP maybe next year.
I want to master in the Environmental, Health and Safety.
And I'm planning to be a Great Environmentalist; (Maybe an Activist though).
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TheosLove: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
ojewuyi kayode: anyway guys, i just completed my Occupational Safety and Health Professional Certificate from OSHA Academy, awaiting my certificate and i think the pgm is worthwhile and very cheap too. you can as well log on to their site and get started wink

I also did this same program of OSHAssociation UK by Elak Academy....Heard Induction and issue of certificate is by Nov. 28.
The program was really awesome...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ken1982: 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hello house and my fellow forumites ...please i would like to pose some questions primarily to those forumites who successfully passed nebosh igc...please is it better to study past questions and read or better to read equally as one studies past questions...what am tryin to ask is this...do nebosh examiners cull their exam questions from past questions or do they create new exam material on the go
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ken1982: 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Also have osha...about to take nebosh
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Can a paramedical engage in HSE
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by glathis(f): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
iburo_01: Pls, l need asisstance on self-study materials on nebosh.l ll be grateful ,pls, mail it to iburo_01@yahoo.com

pls bro., I will b grateful if u can help me with nebosh study materials to my E-mail glowithluv2@yahoo.com or horsecarg@gmail. com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by glathis(f): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
misan2:

I need these nebosh materials too. Thanks. ruppeed@yahoo.com

pls bro., I will b grateful if u can help me with nebosh study materials.my E-mail glowithluv2@yahoo.com or horsecarg@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by glathis(f): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
diehard: @Jacksparrow, ideology, I posted some Nebosh materials on page 26 & 27of this thread

pls bro., I will b grateful if u can help me with nebosh study materials.my E-mail glowithluv2@yahoo.com or horsecarg@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by glathis(f): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
pls bro., I will b grateful if u can help me with nebosh study materials to my E-mail glowithluv2@yahoo.com or horsecarg@gmail. com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls sir l would appreciate it if the nebosh materials are sent to me. taiwo1122@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by McBash: 3:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Am new here and actually wish to know,if MITA(Millenium Training Acquisition Ltd) is a recognised Safety Company(HSE).
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tswitch: 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
ken1982: Hello house and my fellow forumites ...please i would like to pose some questions primarily to those forumites who successfully passed nebosh igc...please is it better to study past questions and read or better to read equally as one studies past questions...what am tryin to ask is this...do nebosh examiners cull their exam questions from past questions or do they create new exam material on the go

@
Ken: Congrats on passing your OSHA. That will give you an indepth understanding on some topics IGC doesnt cover. N
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tswitch: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good day all, I am new here.
Just hoping to add my two cents to the growth of like minded professionals.

@ Ken: Congrats on passing your OSHA. That will give you an in depth understanding on some topics IGC doesn't cover. Now on to your question-I would advice you read up on your study note(pali to pali) before attempting any past questions and those attempts should be few days to your slated exam dates and try to get examiners remarks on the questions (download for free on NEBOSH website). Oh and yes they do repeat past questions or similar scenarios especially in IGC 2.

@Emzybrown: Yes a paramedic can practice HSE and do exceedingly well if i may add-Emergency response procedure, First Aid, CPR, Basic Fire Fighting amongst others are all HSE focus related to your field so yes you can "engage".
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Darayola(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Are you a salary earner in need of a loan to meet your needs? We offer up to N500,000. Feel free to call ODUNAYO @08035267070...(Collateral NOT needed)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mavixng1: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Good day ladies and Gentlemen, am an HSE personnel with over 5years experience in Marine, construction, Oil & Gas industry. Am interested in either NEBOSH or OSHA certification but I want to know which of them is more in demand? and the advantage of one over the other?
you contribution is highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tswitch: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2013
@ Mavixng1: NEBOSH certifications are more in demand especially in the industries you listed-oil and gas,marine and construction. The advantage? Depends on your point of view. One of the most rigorous and recommended OSHA certificate course is the 132 hour-OSH professional but it is not industry specific like some NEBOSH courses like Fire Certificate, Oil and Gas Certificate,Construction Certificate amongst others.I think all in all it all bores down to you as an individual.
Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.