Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,145 members, 7,910,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:05 PM

Purposeful Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Purposeful Romance (589 Views)

Purposeful Romance (II) / Romance Section Battles 1. / Why Cant Youths Have A Purposeful Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purposeful Romance by victorr4uu(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2014
According to Dr. Myles Munroe, "when the purpose of a thing is unknown, abuse is inevitable". This explains why drug manufacturers often write on their products the statement "keep out of reach of children". This is because a child can harm him/herself simply by playing with them.

In line with that, I would like to ask - What is the purpose of marriage? Why did you get married? If still single, why do you want to get married? If some of your reasons are to have someone keep the home; bear children for you; take care of your financial needs; and wipe away the 'shame' of your singlehood, they are all good reasons but carry within them subtle limitations to a robust marital experience.

If as a single man, all you wanted was a lady to stay at home, give you children and sexual intimacy when you so desire, you may end up treating her like a maid, not as an equal or a partner who deserves your romantic advances, love and respect. This explains why some men will never take advice from their wives even though they are well trained and educated.

If you want to enjoy true intimacy; marital romance, in which you both offer each other your whole being without being forced or manipulated, you must visit the foundation of marriage. Remember, if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Every marriage should be set up to enable an atmosphere whereby members of the family can selflessly serve each other while working towards the fulfilment of God's purpose for it.

ASSIGNMENT: Discuss with each other why you got married and how to align these reasons to God's purpose for your marriage.

Courtesy: Chidi and Victor Akunna
Foundation for Family Affairs

Twitter: @FamilyAffairs05
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyAffairs05
Re: Purposeful Romance by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2014
PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE-
Marriage is a sacred union. God designed it to fulfil some major or important and vital functions. They include-
1. Enjoyment
2. Completeness
3. Fruitfulness
4. Protection
5. Companionship
6. Typify Christ and the church...

WHY DID YOU GET MARRIED??
Am not married now but hoping and praying that one day, I'll walk down the aisle to meet my Prince charming in shining armour....

IF STILL SINGLE, WHY DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED??
Well, my major reason is to fulfil the purpose of marriage....Especially the companionship...

Just like my siggy, Marriage is a good thing....It is a beautiful thing.....It is a thing to enjoy and to endure when trouble comes....We have different perception about marriage...It is usually determined by our experience, what we see and from our parents (how they handled their marriage)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple things Men Want In Women / Healthy Reasons To Have More Sex / 25 Little-known (but Guaranteed!) Ways To Impress A Woman...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.