Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (980083 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2019
emmasoft:

Part of the fund is invested in bonds

Bonds is not mentioned here

Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

I will recommend you write to them directly to confirm how it works

ok
Re: Mutual Funds by titilope07: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

Afrinvest is doing 17.47%,

I will get others, but anyone who has for others can share too
Boss we're waiting for the update.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

Bonds is not mentioned here

Ok noted @ernie4life. I was generalizing base on others like FBN FIF. They do some portion in bonds. VGIF and some others are better deals at this time of crash of rates in MMF.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
emmasoft:

Ok noted @ernie4life. I was generalizing base on others like FBN FIF. They do some portion in bonds. VGIF and some others are better deals at this time of crash of rates in MMF.

Yeah that's true, VGIF will be a better deal
Re: Mutual Funds by yungestmoney(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Pls what are the similarities/differences of the bond fund when compared to money market fund in terms of
a) Risks
b) Rates
Re: Mutual Funds by SaintUlot: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
I need recommendation on risk-free dollar investments that can be looked into.
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
yungestmoney:
Pls what are the similarities/differences of the bond fund when compared to money market fund in terms of
a) Risks
b) Rates
I think the difference in terms of risk is the money market fund guarantees invested capital while the bond fund doesn't

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by michaelogunleye(m): 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
If the bond fund does not guarantee our capital, what is the percentage risk and how often does a loss in capital occur
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
michaelogunleye:
If the bond fund does not guarantee our capital, what is the percentage risk and how often does a loss in capital occur
When it comes to bonds and equities, holding for medium to long term is the best bet. There might be some dips here and there, but on average, it appreciates in the long term

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2019
SaintUlot:

If you have less than $10k I will advise you go for dollar funds try any of this firms
Investment one,
Fbnh
Stanbic
Uba
And some other firms that I may not remember
But if you have above $10k, I recommend you buy eurobonds directly because you will get a better return especially if you will hold the bonds till maturity

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by fungirl89(f): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2019
I want to invest in Stanbic Ibtc and FBN money market fund but I don't want to fall into the hand of scammers. How do I go about it? Pls help
Re: Mutual Funds by cybertek(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2019
fungirl89:
I want to invest in Stanbic Ibtc and FBN money market fund but I don't want to fall into the hand of scammers. How do I go about it? Pls help
Go to the bank, thats the best
Re: Mutual Funds by SaintUlot: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2019
ernie4life:

If you have less than $10k I will advise you go for dollar funds try any of this firms
Investment one,
Fbnh
Stanbic
Uba
But if you have above $10k, I recommend you buy eurobonds directly because you will get a better return especially if you will hold the bonds till maturity

Please Ernie4life kindly send me message on whatsapp, my whatsapp link is on my signature. I would have contacted you instead if i could get hold of your phone number. Please i ll be expecting. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Mutual Funds by Archmage(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2019
SaintUlot:
Cordros Asset Management has Dollar Mutual Fund you could consider.
http://assetmanagement.cordros.com/products/mutual-funds/cordros-dollar-fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Sagaciousd1: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
fungirl89:

You do not need to go to the bank. Their apps are on playstore and self explanatory. You can also speak to customer representatives if you encounter any issue.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by DBestDoc(f): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
fungirl89:

quote me and leave your email address so i can forward the account opening form for FBNQuest to you.

You fill out the form and forward to them via email and your account will be set up.

For Stanbic IBTC, you can set up an account using their mobile APP.
Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2019
DBestDoc:

quote me and leave your email address so i can forward the account opening form for FBNQuest to you.

You fill out the form and forward to them via email and your account will be set up.

For Stanbic IBTC, you can set up an account using their mobile APP.

abraolas@gmail.com
Re: Mutual Funds by Hallenjay: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
alezzy13:

Though surprisingly even with TBs still tumbling down 6-8%, mmf rates are generally doing quite well. As at last week almost all are still double digit:

AXA - 10.17
FBN - 11.44
ARM - 11.09
I/One - 11.2
Stabic - 10.4

Tho I dont know for how the rates will continue like this ooo embarassed
how easy and risk level is standing mmf. ..is ds risk low as dt of tbills
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hallenjay:
how easy and risk level is standing mmf. ..is ds risk low as dt of tbills

MMF are low risk investment windows, The funds put together by fund managers are majorly invested in Tbills, When you invest in MMF, in a way you are investing in Tbills through the fund managers

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by hartson(m): 3:05am On Dec 14, 2019
Hi E-family
I am new here with an intention to learn from experts for different investment opportunities. I only know about Fix deposit.
I want to invest in other platforms.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:14am On Dec 14, 2019
hartson:
Hi E-family
I am new here with an intention to learn from experts for different investment opportunities. I only know about Fix deposit.
I want to invest in other platforms.
Welcome on board. Read some early pages of this thread, check my signature and ask questions you will be fine
Re: Mutual Funds by Hallenjay: 11:34am On Dec 14, 2019
emmasoft:

MMF are low risk investment windows, The funds put together by fund managers are majorly invested in Tbills, When you invest in MMF, in a way you are investing in Tbills through the fund managers
I mean stanbic mmf and is d capital 100% guarantee and wat d series of charges .
because wen my tbills matured, I want to set up stanbic mmf on my phone
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Is anyone able to login to their MMF account on FBNQuest via their website?
Re: Mutual Funds by DBestDoc(f): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: Mutual Funds by playces: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
seyisanya:
Is anyone able to login to their MMF account on FBNQuest via their website?
Was about to ask same question. Since morning, can't login on the FBN edge. Times out after taking plenty minutes attempting to log in
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
I used to have an mmf account with fbnquest till 2017 when I cleared all the fund in my account. Now I can't remember my login credentials. Already sent mail to customer care but no replies. Can I open a new account or is dere a way to get back my former account?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Olabodmit: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2019
playces:

Was about to ask same question. Since morning, can't login on the FBN edge. Times out after taking plenty minutes attempting to log in
I'm also experience the same problem since last night. I can not log in to my mmf account. Can someone update us on what is happening. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Japhet31: 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
ernie4life:

Investment one,
Fbnh
Stanbic
Uba

Do you know about Vanguard ETF? can you help with how to subscribe?
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
To invest in FBNQuest Dollar investment Funds(kindly see attached) or convert to naira and invest in FBNQuest naira Mutual Funds. Which will yield a greater return in the long run?
ernie4life:

Investment one,
Fbnh
Stanbic
Uba

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
yak:
I used to have an mmf account with fbnquest till 2017 when I cleared all the fund in my account. Now I can't remember my login credentials. Already sent mail to customer care but no replies. Can I open a new account or is dere a way to get back my former account?

Thanks

Call 01-270 2290-4 to speak with customer care
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2019
seyisanya:
$3000: To invest it in FBNQuest Dollar investment Funds(kindly see attached) or convert to naira and invest in FBNQuest naira Mutual Funds. Which will yield a greater return in the long run?

What is the current rate of this dollar mutual fund?

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (324) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.