Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,186 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (233206 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by EllaGold35(f): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2015
Onemansquad:

do u want 2 say u cant fyt 4 me undecided
i belive dat if ur mine,ur mine alone buh if thrz anyoda person den dey'l b d side chick while im d main chick...
Buh fyting cos of a guy??--tufiakwa!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:22am On Apr 08, 2015

Jake was seated at a conspicous place inside the popular eatery, Mr Biggs. He has been seated for roughly an hour, but to him, it looked like ten minutes, afterall, it was Serena, the only girl who gripped his heart like it was meant to be. He had a bottle of malt on his table and two meat pies. Even though he wasn't a fan of any of the two. His plan was buying chicken and chips to go down with the wine he brought with him which he intended sharing with Serena, but he couldn't start eating something they ought to eat together, hence, his reason for consuming two things he didn't like.
As he picked at the pie, his drink untouched, he watched a family who sat very close to his table as they bickered and chatted happily. The family comprised of the father, the mother and three children. A girl who looked thirteen and two boys who looked eight and from the look of things, they were twins and it seemed they were at Mr Biggs to celebrate their birthday.
Jake's mind went back to nine years ago when he clocked ten and ome of his paternal Aunties took him to a treat at a fast food joint around old Ife road, Western Fried Chicken it was called. He remembered how much fun he had in the two hours they spent eating rice, meat pies and Ice creams. Five years later, when he was posted by WAEC to write his November/December GCE exams in Loyola college which was just a three minutes walk from WFC, the eatery he was wat five years ago, he discovered that the building had been converted to an event centre. For the records, whoever owned the eatery lacked business sense for locating such an eatery with high standard equipment and services in an area such as that, when he ought to know that the turnout of people would be low. Old Ife road was never a densely populated residential area. Neighbouring areas such as Agodi Gate was a sixty percent market place and thirty percent residency, but that's not his problem for now. WFC can fold up all over again for all he cared, the most important thing was Serena showing up in her ever elegant apprearance. The thought of that alone sent cold shivers down his spine, but his ringing phone cut short the excitement. And seeing who the caller was, he hissed before picking up.
"Hello love." Stephanie said excitedly.
"How far?" He replied.
"Am okay. I got to your house now and your mum said you went out..." She was saying.
"Yes, I did." He snapped.
"And your housemaid told me you were dressed like a just wedded groom and you also stole a wine from dad's bar. Can you imagine that funny girl." Steph said laughing.
"I'll call you back. I am in the middle of something." He said.
"Are you with Henry? Whats with the wine?" She asked.
"Steph, I'll call you back. Where are you now?"
"Your house of course. Mum is going shopping and she insist I go with her."
"Fine. As soon as I am done here I'll meet you at home." With this he hung up and continued waiting for Serena.
------------------------------------------
"Jake has bombarded my whatsapp with messages o. Should I call him back?" Serena asked Taiwo who was engrossed in playing her guitar.
"You said what?" She asked.
"Jake, he is at Mr Biggs already for the past one hour and he's been sending messages asking where I am. Should I call him back?" Serena repeated.
Taiwo dropped her guitar and walked up to join Serena on the bed.
"You seem obsessed with this guy and I don't know why." She began.
Serena wanted to argue, but with a wave of hand from Taiwo, she swallowed her words.
"Why can't he call you?" She asked.
"He said he is afraid." Serena replied and Taiwo bursted into laughter.
"Okay.... Okay. Lets put him out of his misery. Give me your phone." Taiwo said as she snatched her friend's phone and dailled Jake's number.
"Hello, am I speaking with Jake?" She asked.
"Yes you are. Serena, is that you?" An agitated Jake replied.
"This is Serena's friend. She told me she was coming over to see you and she left my house about an hour ago, only for someone to call me that she collapsed while walking on the road."
"Oh my God! Where is she now?" Jake asked.
"Group medical, you know the place, don't you?" Taiwo replied.
"Of course, I do. I'll be there before you know it." He had said and Taiwo hung up immediately and bursted into laughter.
"I didn't collapse o." Serena laughed.
"Of course, you can't." Taiwo replied.
"What's the next step?" She asked.
"You'll switch off you phone or remove your sim card so he doesn't get to reach you. He will spend roughly an hour searching for Serena inside group medical. And from his journey to Mr Biggs and now to Group medical to and fro, he wud have spent close to five hundred naira. Just play by my rules." Taiwo explained.
"Yes boss." Serena said laughing, even though deep down, she was not in support.

--tbc--

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by donPhill(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2015
gosh....taiwo is really a genius.... can't wait for the next update.... ride on boss
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2015
Bad girls
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2015
Lol, Taiwo u are on point. gud girl.

Serena is emotionally weak.
Thank 4 d updates Dee.
*kisses*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2015
God please, don't gimme a Daughter like Serena who is cowardly cos of 'Love'
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:
God please, don't gimme a Daughter like Serena who is cowardly cos of 'Love'
God please, give Slimzjoe a daughter like Serena.
Baba God, you know sey I dey fast. Remember in the book of..... you said that.....
Oga, a daughter like Serena rocks. Even tho mesef no want such.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 10:08am On Apr 08, 2015
D9ty7:

God please, give Slimzjoe a daughter like Serena.
Baba God, you know sey I dey fast. Remember in the book of..... you said that.....
Oga, a daughter like Serena rocks. Even tho mesef no want such.

Oga Dee no dey pray dhiz kind prayer for me na.....
I fit go use Slap Kill thiz kind Pikin angry

You dey try Quote Bible?? Lmao!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Oga Dee no dey pray dhiz kind prayer for me na.....
I fit go use Slap Kill thiz kind Pikin angry
I won't slap her. She will just have to live with a relative or I take her to Afghanistan or Syria where she'll live till she grow some liver.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 10:14am On Apr 08, 2015
D9ty7:

I won't slap her. She will just have to live with a relative or I take her to Afghanistan or Syria where she'll live till she grow some liver.

Lol.....she'll turn to Thea Queen of Arrows.....She go get liver to do badt Things
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2015
lol
Taiwo chaii she get mind
i jst dey picture jake face
Happy- frustrated and tires
he neva see anytin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by d4real890(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good girl gone bad #teamtaiwo
D9ty7 u too much
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Team #taiwo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
All of you team Taiwo, I hope you all know that God is watching you.
Anyways, I still remain #teamJake. Onemansquad, abi you too don switch camp?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
love you so much Taiwo jae all the love i gat for Serena,i think am gonna give u all
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by donPhill(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
D9ty7:
#teamSERENA ....her company with taiwo makes it better
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
D9ty7:
aw i go switch na
stil remain #teamjakestuff46
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
With every new updates comes a yawning for more please dee do quench my taste

Well still watching hw things spans out but I've never been a fan of lying about someone's health
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by MhizEnkay(f): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Girls like Taiwo can kill sha oh..
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by MhizEnkay(f): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Guys in #teamtaiwo, how about you put on Jake's shoes for a while?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
whre dis mallam
co n update joo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
God will see you ooo taiwo, all this wahala wey you dey take Jake do, ehn

It go down on taiwo's face, when Serena forfeit all those yeye plan wey dem dey plan, on seeing Jake

Keep em coming Oga
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Later dem go dey term guys as bad people..
dis wan dat taiwo is doing...if dem break are heart later in furture ...d guy wey do am dn b 2nd in command to devil bdat 4 girls eyes

naw shez plowing with jake mentaly fisically and emotionally
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by misspatsy(f): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
*cross legs sipping from a champagne flute*keep it comin bros D
#teamnobodyyetcosamconfusednthirstyformore
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
MhizEnkay:
Guys in #teamtaiwo, how about you put on Jake's shoes for a while?
not at all
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Psalmwise:
Later dem go dey term guys as bad people..
dis wan dat taiwo is doing...if dem break are heart later in furture ...d guy wey do am dn b 2nd in command to devil bdat 4 girls eyes

naw shez plowing with jake mentaly fisically and emotionally
E be like say u don forget all the things wey Serena suffer because of Jake. IN FACT DEM NEVA DO ANTHING FOR JAKE
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ziziola:
E be like say u don forget all the things wey Serena suffer because of Jake. IN FACT DEM NEVA DO ANTHING FOR JAKE
abi o jae
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 12:21am On Apr 09, 2015
omo nah serena cos am joor...guy cos of u no go america.e prove say e love you through many ways...yet u still dey hide feelings. who get time
Ziziola:
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Maryofficial(f): 12:38am On Apr 09, 2015
#teamtaiwo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Randyblincks(m): 1:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Finally am here... Interesting

RIDE ON SIR!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2015
Psalmwise:
omo nah serena cos am joor... guy cos of u no go america.e prove say e love you through many ways... yet u still dey hide feelings. who get time
Oga, you want make I comot ya middle finger abi...?

It's not that I'm in support of what they are doing to that Jake oo, but I will say 'that suites him well for the time being'

@bolded:.. . Even when he denied her, where she needed him most, and still go all the way to make her feel worthless by his false accusation, huh?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Bb4u:

watz wid d 'sister' tin, try usin swt names oh jare..by d way, wo's she (Lilyomi)
Application forms for D9ty7 is out. Contact me for details. I wl decide who he chooses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.