Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,162 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (233202 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2015

The greatest cheat on earth will find it difficult to cheat nature, not because nature is cheat resistant, but because nature is life, and the moment you try to cheat nature, you are cheating life as a whole. I just doesn't add up, people trying to stay awake all night. Despite the sudden absence of her father, her brother and the gateman the previous day, Serena still one way or the other fell into deep sleep at a time.
Waking up early this morning, she woke up to the emptiness of the house.
"Abi rapture don sound ni?" Serena asked herself as she walked up to the living room, switched on the tv, hoping to find a giant headline. "Miracle: people gone missing."
The first channel, an Oyo state owned television station wouldn't start broadcast until 7am, she checked the National television, the Ibadan zone, they were broadcasting a breakfast show. She checked a few private owned tv stations, while one was showing British movies, the other was showing musical videos.
"Even early in the morning? Films and music?" She thought as she switched on the decoder, connected it with the tv and picked up the remote.
"Why am I doing this?" She asked herself.
"You want to check CNN, BBC and Aljazeera maybe everyone in earth had gone missing." A voice in her subconscious replied.
"You are just so dumb." She screamed at the voice as she dropped the remote control.
"I belong to you. When you talk, I talk, when you sleep, I sleep. I am dumb cos you are." The voice replied with a laugh.
Serena felt like hitting herself hard on the head. Who talk to their subconscious and get replied? Was there even anything like that? You asking yourself question and a voice within you answering.
She concluded it has to be some mind stuffs and the way we see life in general. A man once said, "The world has no ceilling or a fence enclosing it, the world has no limit. The only limit that exist, exist in our minds." The same way when you ask yourself, am I going to pass this exam and a voice within you which belonged to you, a voice that does everything the way you want it, acts on your command and whatever it is that is in your mind, the voice dwells with it. The same voice of yours that speaks with fellow human speaks to you within, says you won't pass, then you surely would fail that exam or be a step away from passing which still means failure.
Just then, the door into the living room opened and Dave strolled in like nothing happened.
"Hey sis." He said as he sat on a nearby couch.
"Good morning." She replied calmly.
"Did you sleep well?" He asked.
"Where are you coming from?" She asked.
"What?.... What do you mean?" He replied.
"You didn't sleep in this house last night, did you? Same with dad."
"Oh! That?" He exclaimed more like waving off her question.
Serena stood in front of him, arms akimbo.
"I'll be going out in an hours time. Could you fix a quick breakfast for me? Am sure you can." With this, Dave gently pushed her out of his way.
"Dave!" Serena screamed loudly.
Dave stopped in his tracks, turned to face his sister.
"I asked you a question. We need to talk. Where did..." She was saying.
"I am tired." He mouthed before walking away.
Serena watched as her elder brother disappeared into the hallway.
"What's going on again?" She asked herself as she made for the kitchen.
------------------------------------------
"Listen to me Wole, this is not the end of the world, you have to take back Anita. She is still the mother of your children. Your lawfully wedded wife, your other half, the bone of you bone, the flesh of your flesh." Mama Londoner said.
"Mama, I am not taking Anita back. I will take care of my children myself. Moreso, they are old enough to know what is right. The best that could happen is Anita coming to visit them, and nothing else." Mr Oluwole Thomas replied, he was lying on the hospital bed after he suffered a relapse of his ailment which almost led to a cardiac arrest if not for the quick intervention of Dave and his gateman.
"I am not categorically in support of the divorce in the first place and I am not in support of you taking Anita back. But I want us to make this family stronger. Wole, you know I don't like Anita, I don't need to tell you how much. " Mama paused.
"But, please for the sake of me as old as I am, leaving the comfort of my home last night to be with you here, take back you wife." Mama pleaded.
"Mama, but." Wole was saying.
"sshhhhh! We make sacrifices. If Anita should leave, many things are at stake. I am your mother, I can't push you into danger. Make this sacrifice because of your little girl, and believe me, you'll be glad you did. Just call off the divorce."

-tbc--

3 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Hey guys! I just hope the last two updates were worth the wait.
Keep your comments coming and meet me at the other end later in the day.
Good morning yo y'all.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 10, 2015
Thanks Baba. Nice one.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 9:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Eeyah, get well soon Mr oluwole, and BTW, mama londoner is quite right and blunt there thou

Thanks man, for the update s
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ibizgirl(f): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Ha!!! It seems mama Londoner is not aware of Anita and Barrister's ish. Please he must not take Anita back, she is a demon in disguise.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2015
I said it tongue
mr wole wil accept anita bak
the jinx has been broken

#teamwoleandanitaback together
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2015
harjibolar10:
Eeyah, get well soon Mr oluwole, and BTW, mama londoner is quite right and blunt there thou

Thanks man, for the update s
Dnt blame mama na. Maybe someone is holding her to a ransome. That's the Thomas family for u
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2015
ibizgirl:
Ha!!! It seems mama Londoner is not aware of Anita and Barrister's ish. Please he must not take Anita back, she is a demon in disguise.
Exactly! Mama had no idea of Anita and Olu, cos someone is desperate
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:

Dnt blame mama na. Maybe someone is holding her to a ransome. That's the Thomas family for u
You know more than I do boss

And I smell something. .. About pa patrick or make I say Mrs Anita has disorganized oluwole family beyond repair. Anyways, anticipating for more updates shaa
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Nawa ooo, i dnt even knw wat to say, dis is really serious o. dis pple just dey frustrate Wole, make dem leave am jare, i wan see d thing wey Anita go do, let her even do her worse sef, I swear if Wole take am back ehn? i go turn to fish nd swallow him. Make Anita come comot am 4 my belle.

Serena ehn? nawa 4 her ooo. she no get strong heart at all, which kind nonsense be dat one? nd i dnt knw y her family is keeping things frm her. it's too much nau, she deserves to knw at least little things.

Dee, thanks 4 d updates. expecting more o.

*kisses*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2015
adeh39:

Serena ehn? nawa 4 her ooo. she no get strong heart at all, which kind nonsense be dat one? nd i dnt knw y her family is keeping things frm her . it's too much nau, she deserves to knw at least little things.

*kisses*
@bolded: You seriously don't know? Even when you've answer your question ya self, huh

We shaa get to know what Anita fit do ooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2015
harjibolar10:

@bolded: You seriously don't know? Even when you've answer your question ya self, huh

We shaa get to know what Anita fit do ooo

don't know what?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2015
Bolded:

don't know what?
Wow that's your moniker, but I ain't really refering to you shaa ooo

Good luck
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2015
Anita shud follow Olu, let her liv Wale his family alone
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2015
when will dis story end?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2015
adeh39:

*kisses*
nawa oo na evrytym u go dy gv dee kisses wetin dy do u sef undecided
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

nawa oo na evrytym u go dy gv dee kisses wetin dy do u sef undecided

Wetin concern u nau? u dey jealous abi? lemme alone o, na me get my lips, i can do wateva i wnt wit it.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2015
Come back to whr?... Am not in support!!!... Even duo wole accept anita back.. Dave n Nath we never support it. Due to the serect!!!..

Serena playing hard to get!!!.. continue just continue
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
Serena don't spoil the game jor..
Oluwole and Anita what can i say?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
Hey guys! I just hope the last two updates were worth the wait.
Keep your comments coming and meet me at the other end later in the day.
Good morning yo y'all.
yes, u try but not enough
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
sammyomotola:
yes, u try but not enough
he no try kankan
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

he no try kankan
Exactly

I was expecting three updates sef
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
kitnah:

Exactly

I was expecting three updates sef
i was expecting 5
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

i was expecting 5
Don't be insatiable girl smiley
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
TrishaP:

Don't be insatiable girl smiley
okay.... i won't
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by StormAngel(f): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingphilip:
hmmmmm so hw have u bin coping

quite cool. Thank you grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Sunak(m): 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
yeahhh, I don finally catch up on una. ogaD what ya tryna tell? u tryna tell me that Mr. oluwole is taking back Anita. dats bullshit mehnn grin
well done oga d9ty
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

he no try kankan
la ta ro
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by donPhill(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Serena is always left in the blank....person wey de think of love go come hear say him papa no well
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by seunviju(f): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
Huh,nawa o.Nice work Dee
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
If i am hating on anybody here, its serena. The babe is just too silly. Wtf is even wrong with her. Oga Dee abeg re-programme her life abeg.

Anita na bad woman cheesy

Keep it coming d9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by jayhaywhy(m): 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
finally caught up wit u,e no easy oo,

oga d,wel done o

i remain loyal to ur guvment

1st tym commentin,

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.