Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? (19162 Views)

After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? / Sins That Can Either Take You To Hell Fire Or Lake Of Fire - Your Choice / Is The Fear Of Hell What Keeps Xtians In Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by malvisguy212: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
atoleybaba:
[b][/b]actually you are d one lost has u av turn bible upside down to fit your false teaching....all are questions should be answered Buh u guys look confuse...imagine someone saying hell has to meaning you guys are as confuse as anything else
In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word used
to describe the realm of the dead is
sheol. It simply means “the place of the
dead” or “the place of departed souls/
spirits.sheol also mean hell, some biblical chapter translated grave as hell also. Sheol/hades was a realm with two
divisions a place of blessing and a place of judgment.
Matthew 11:23
23 And you, Capernaum, will you be
exalted to heaven? You will be brought
down to Hades. For if the mighty works
done in you had been done in Sodom, it
would have remained until this day.

Carpernaum is brought down to hades for judgement,read what luke say in acts:
Acts 2:27–28
27 For you will not abandon my soul to
Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the
paths of life;
you will make me full of gladness with
your presence.’

"you will NOT abandoned my soul in hades" means there is hope in hades.
Abraham bosom is not heaven.
Luke 16:22
22 The poor man died and was carried
by the angels to Abraham’s bosoms.6 The rich man also died and was buried,

The abodes of the saved and the lost are both generally called “hades” in the
Bible. The abode of the saved is also
called “Abraham’s bosom” or “Abraham’s side” in Luke 16:22 and
“paradise” in Luke 23:43. The abode of
the unsaved is called “hell” or
“Hades” in Luke 16:23. The abodes
of the saved and the lost are separated
by a “great chasm” ( Luke 16:26). When
Jesus died, He went to the blessed side
of sheol and, from there, took the
believers with Him to heaven ( Ephesians 4:8–10).
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
peleson:

So one can avoid going to hell by being. Philantropist!no wonder the rich likes of dangote,danjuma, bill gate after their
Wicked ways donate to the poor just so they go to paradise

The condition of the heart in which they give matters. Remember, it's possible they might give to score some cheap political points. Personally, i think giving to the poor and carrying the media (cnn, bbc, nta, ait etc etc) along to take photos and videos is giving to man not God as it is written, "Take heed that you do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise you have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 6:1!

So, giving will help you to inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world as it is written, "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matthew 25:34-36

You will also agree with me that for a man to be that rich and yet ignored the poor called Lazarus means he was extremely wicked as-well. So it's possible he went to hell as a result of being a wicked man and among the many charges level against him was wickedness to the poor. It is written, "If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother" Deuteronomy 15:7. Now was the rich man guilty or not?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Adedoks(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:
HELL IS THE NORMAL POLICE STATION WHILE THE LAKE OF FIRE IS KIRIKIRI MAXIMUM PRISON. Hell is temporal. The Lake of Fire is eternal. Hell is where wicked souls go to await their trial in the Day of Judgment. After they are found guilty, they are then sentenced to eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire. I can go deeper but i doubt you can handle it, so let me stop here.
would love to know you better sir... Where do you worship
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MVLOX(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
While Hell (Hades) is d common grave of man, lake of fire symbolizes the permanent removal of all of mans problems and there causes....that is why literal things that can not be burn like death and even Hell are said to be thrown into d lake of fire. And we all knw wat happens when something is thrown into fire....it burns completely and can never be see and gotten back again
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by luvprince4real(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
There is nothing like lake of fire in hell. Hell means grave, tomb, sepulcre etc. Even d bible has it that jesus christ descended to hell when he died Acts 2:31. So if there is fire in hell made only for sinners why did jesus go there? Hell is a place made for all d dead both righteous and unrighteous till judgment day when they will be called up for judgment by Lord Jesus.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by roniex2(f): 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
hello brethren..hell is a place, this is the place that contains lake of fire, the lake there is describing how the fire is but it is inside hell..for illustration, osun state is a state, bowen university is inside osun state so also lake of fire is inside hell, hell is just a dark place of horror, I pray we won't enter hell before we
are clear about this...brethren, hell is real...SHALOM!
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
roniex2:
hello brethren..hell is a place, this is the place that contains lake of fire, the lake there is describing how the fire is but it is inside hell..for illustration, osun state is a state, bowen university is inside osun state so also lake of fire is inside hell, hell is just a dark place of horror,
Lol , @ bold , and does it made sense to you that Osun state will be cast into bowen university ? grin

I pray we won't enter hell before we
are clear about this...brethren, hell is real...SHALOM!

The catholic church did a very good job scaring you guys with the fictional hell , did your Jesus pronounce "hell" ? *winks* i know he is not an english man according to your religious book .

You have been indoctrinated
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

I've watched you closely and i keep ignoring you but then again am not helping you. Let me make this very clear to you, TRUTH IS NOT DETERMINED BY YOUR APPROVAL OR LACK THEREOF! Truth is truth because the Word of God says so. Wherefore, your ability to say, "I don't agree with that" doesn't mean diddly-squat. The Word was true before you came along and the Word will remain true long after you're gone and forgotten about. Because God is far smarter than you, it is the highest wisdom to simply agree with His Word 100% of the time!
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

I've watched you closely and i keep ignoring you but then again am not helping you. Let me make this very clear to you, TRUTH IS NOT DETERMINED BY YOUR APPROVAL OR LACK THEREOF! Truth is truth because the Word of God says so. Wherefore, your ability to say, "I don't agree with that" doesn't mean diddly-squat. The Word was true before you came along and the Word will remain true long after you're gone and forgotten about. Because God is far smarter than you, it is the highest wisdom to simply agree with His Word 100% of the time!

Bullshit ! Arent you the one that said the sun is d lake of fire ? Buhahaha , so ur solar system is powered by the burning flesh of your fore fathers .

Pls , i dont have time for fake beings

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

YOU'RE UNREACHABLE BECAUSE YOU'RE UNTEACHABLE! You're undirectable because you're uncorrectable! You're unlastable because you're unfastable! You're unrefinable because you're undefinable! You're unstayable because you're unprayable! You keep missing it because you keep dissing it!
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by otr1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
MVLOX:
While Hell (Hades) is d common grave of man, lake of fire symbolizes the permanent removal of all of mans problems and there causes....that is why literal things that can not be burn like death and even Hell are said to be thrown into d lake of fire. And we all knw wat happens when something is thrown into fire....it burns completely and can never be see and gotten back again
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by otr1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
luvprince4real:
There is nothing like lake of fire in hell. Hell means grave, tomb, sepulcre etc. Even d bible has it that jesus christ descended to hell when he died Acts 2:31. So if there is fire in hell made only for sinners why did jesus go there? Hell is a place made for all d dead both righteous and unrighteous till judgment day when they will be called up for judgment by Lord Jesus.
There is lake of fire o!
We have sheol, hades and gehenna being translated as hell in the English Bible. Sheol and hades means grave, while gehenna is the lake of fire [as used in Rev. 20:10, 15]
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by loadedmax(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
ojaydedon:
when you study the bible, you will will hear of lake of fire been mentioned in some parts, and hell been mentioned in some other portion... Pls what is the difference between the two, or are they thesame? Elaborate explanation is needed pls.. Thanks

I wonder way people misinterpret God and yet claim Holiness. How can God be so angry that he will punish a sin of a 100 years with eternal damnation in hellfire or lake of fire? By the way, there is no Bible that mentioned hellfire, just hell. Come to think of it, I was not even born perfect so why should I burn for my inherited imperfect state eternally?

Most people read their bible without indepth understanding. We fling our bias and lack of understanding as if we know the will of God.

Come off it, hell=death, lake of fire= second death. Period! By the way, does 'hellfire' mean that the devil and his boys will loot, deceive and still keep their 'kingdom' while God watches as he punishes sinners ?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Minet16(m): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

Brainwashed , show me the above statement from your holy book ?

janet take it easy ok? now let me ask you, if demons are being tormented in hell how come they are still on earth, or are you saying some are on earth while the rest are in hell suffering. lol no way the time for demons to be tempted is on the last day at the lake of fire... still need scriptures??

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

their time is not now so they can't be tormented in hell.
thank you love

@MINET16
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
afolag:

But thre was once a man called pharaoh....are you saying moses crossing the red sea was a scam too....what about the birth of jesus (issa) the son of maryam, or the man called mohammed who neither know how to read or write but said so many things that the science give proof of..e.g Embryology.
My brother what if those books are a clear signs and warnings, prepare your answers if they turn out to be true.
Incase you are ask.

what about your native African ancestors?
do you know jack about them? have you studied your real native, traditional, biological history?
can you tell the name(s) of your past generational ancestors?
how come your own history is wiped out of the phase of earth?
and you are now studying middle-east mythologies?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by chinkichun: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

What is he saying ?
@bold ... So hell is no more a burning fire ?

Okay, death been cast into lake of fire doesnt mean torture BUT means death will be no more that means those cast into lake of fire will simply be no more cool

For an atheist who's suppose to employ logic, you don't seem too logical. You're just trying to look smart but in the process, you're making yourself look dull. I have nothing to contribute on this matter but your argument is very weak. I respect some atheist when they present their points but not you.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by bummyla(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
ojaydedon:
when you study the bible, you will will hear of lake of fire been mentioned in some parts, and hell been mentioned in some other portion... Pls what is the difference between the two, or are they thesame? Elaborate explanation is needed pls.. Thanks

Lake Of Fire And Hell Are Not The Same.

in Revelation 20: 14 says "And death and hell were cast into the Lake Of Fire. This Is The Second Death."

and also in Revelation 20:10 says: Let me paraphrase ""The Devil and his cohorts will be thrown into the Lake of Fire; the same place where Death And Hell Will be cast into, and they shall all be tormented day and night forever and ever"

http://bummyla.com/2011/04/19/14/

http://bummyla.com/2012/05/03/hell-is-real/

http://bummyla.com
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by JerryJJZ(m): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
ojaydedon:

When someone dies before rapture (The Coming of OUR Lord) and the person is a sinner, such person is condemned and cast to hell fire. After rapture,, wen Jesus will release His fighting angels leaded by Angel Michael and the wall begins, The Holy Angles will surely prevail over the dark angels (Lucifer) and both Lucifer, his angels, the un-raptured and everyone in Hell fire will be cast to the lake of fire. Its also called the Bottom-less pit. It is a lake with no limit or end. Meaning continuous falling without reaching the ground. And will be sealed.... forever n ever,, May God Help Our Souls
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
bummyla:

in Revelation 20: 14 says "And death and hell were cast into the Lake Of Fire. This Is The Second Death."

and also in Revelation 20:10 says: Let me paraphrase ""The Devil and his cohorts will be thrown into the Lake of Fire; the same place where Death And Hell Will be cast into, and they shall all be tormented day and night forever and ever"

Death is not a literal thing that can be burned , its simply the opposite of life ! grow up from this fairytales .
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

YOU'RE UNREACHABLE BECAUSE YOU'RE UNTEACHABLE! You're undirectable because you're uncorrectable! You're unlastable because you're unfastable! You're unrefinable because you're undefinable! You're unstayable because you're unprayable! You keep missing it because you keep dissing it!

Are you rapping or what ? Project fame audition is on , try and enroll

Lol , pls show us where your bible says the star called " Sun" is the lake of fire ? grin

*guess your holy book doesnt support your false hypothesis*
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by denitro(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Those who rejected the gospel after it was preached to them may suffer in a condition known as hell.
The suffering associated with the spirit prison refers to anguish of soul because of acute knowledge
of one's own sins and unclean state.

The spirit never forgets anything it learns, as such when one dies,
every unclean thought, actions come flowing back to you like a flood. The anguish is compared in the
scriptures to as a lake of brimstone and fire...
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Gombs(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

Very Silly Post , because something is called an enemy . It automatically means it a person ! Wow , such foolish thinking will means Mathematics is a person since its an enemy of many students.

Religion has really brainwashed you , you need to grow up man .

Can you now answer my question, miss smarty? undecided
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Delesilver: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hell is comprises of lakes of fire
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by ojaydedon(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
loadedmax:

I wonder way people misinterpret God and yet claim Holiness. How can God be so angry that he will punish a sin of a 100 years with eternal damnation in hellfire or lake of fire? By the way, there is no Bible that mentioned hellfire, just hell. Come to think of it, I was not even born perfect so why should I burn for my inherited imperfect state eternally?

Most people read their bible without indepth understanding. We fling our bias and lack of understanding as if we know the will of God.

Come off it, hell=death, lake of fire= second death. Period! By the way, does 'hellfire' mean that the devil and his boys will loot, deceive and still keep their 'kingdom' while God watches as he punishes sinners ?

wow... Elaborate on what happens in the lake of fire..
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MarceloO(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
See Revelatios 20:14
KJV:And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

NIV:Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

AMP:Then death and Hades (the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

2 Likes

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by ojaydedon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
JerryJJZ:

When someone dies before rapture (The Coming of OUR Lord) and the person is a sinner, such person is condemned and cast to hell fire. After rapture,, wen Jesus will release His fighting angels leaded by Angel Michael and the wall begins, The Holy Angles will surely prevail over the dark angels (Lucifer) and both Lucifer, his angels, the un-raptured and everyone in Hell fire will be cast to the lake of fire. Its also called the Bottom-less pit. It is a lake with no limit or end. Meaning continuous falling without reaching the ground. And will be sealed.... forever n ever,, May God Help Our Souls
amen
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by ojaydedon(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
bummyla:

ok. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Muyiwabiggy(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
victory148:
Hades is d place of d dead.the plce of departed spirit.Hades is in two part the evil side (torment) and d good part (Abraham's bosom).Before d ascension of Jesus d saints go to Abraham's bosom wen die Luke 16:22.But after Jesus death and ascension he took d saints in hades to heaven Eph 4:8-10,Rev 6:9. So hades which was temporary has bin empty.
Lake of Fire is d place whr d devil,demons and those whoose name are not in the book of life will be cast into.Death and hell will be cast into this lake.It is the second death
Hell is just a general term used interchangeably in the bible(KJV) to mean hades or Gehenna.

Splendid explanation! Kudos!
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Muyiwabiggy(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
bummyla:

and also in Revelation 20:10 says: Let me paraphrase ""The Devil and his cohorts will be thrown into the Lake of Fire; the same place where Death And Hell Will be cast into, and they shall all be tormented day and night forever and ever

By who or what?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by sajolor(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hell is the same as hades, grave and tomb.
The lake of fire according to revelation 20 is an instrument God will use to destroy death and where people go to when they died which is hell, grave, hades or tomb
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by bummyla(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

Death is not a literal thing that can be burned , its simply the opposite of life ! grow up from this fairytales .

Please Pick Up Your Bible If You Are A Christian And Research! God Says On That Death And Hell Were Cast Into The Lake Of Fire! That Means Death Is A spirit being, My Dear!

God Bless You My Dear

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by omojeesu(m): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
ojaydedon:

tnx.. But u sound as if hell is a personality...

Yes, as a metaphor. But may mean the fallen angel in charge of hell itself.

It seems 'death' is 'male' and 'hell' is 'female'; husband and wife. Both are vitally linked. Hell is like a womb, an enclosure of some sort. Everyone is conceived and born in spiritual death and kept like spermatozoa in the testes of Mr. Death. Unsaved people at physical death are 'ejaculated' into the 'womb' of hell.

Just some imaginative thinking!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.